Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

23 hours ago, Kid said:

I would be sending Pedro back to his mother.  Him and his entire family are users.

Agreed! I'd be sending him back on a one way ticket....real quick!

55 minutes ago, lilsadone said:

1. Chantel and Pedro do a horrible job of translating. They sit there and let everyone blow up and barely try explaining anything. I also think Pedros sister speaks way more English than anyone is telling the audience because she was in that kitchen laughing and snickering and REPLYING to things she really shouldn't have understood that were said in English

4. I felt like all black Americans just took a hit because of Chantels family and their ignorance and refusal to be open minded in a DIFFERENT country. 

1. Yes!!! I'm constantly amazed at how much they don't bother to translate. A family member will say or ask something potentially useful or conciliatory, and they'll just stare into space or start talking about something else. Chantel and Pedro are both definitely at fault for not facilitating more understanding amongst their families. Even when they do "translate" they do a terrible job. I'm truly curious whether they realize how much worse they're making things, or if they just don't care. I also agree that Hermana Pedro understands a lot more than she cops to. That one is a snake in the grass for sure.

4. If it makes any difference, I didn't think of them as "embarrassing black Americans," just "embarrassing Americans"! They were definitely rude in like twelve different ways, but I wasn't reading any of it as being a function of their race. It's very possible that Dominicans see them for their nationality rather than ethnicity, too, since Hispaniola is pretty diverse. Likewise, I don't know many Dominicans but I'm fully willing to believe that most aren't as greedy, lazy, and rude as Familia Pedro.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

4. If it makes any difference, I didn't think of them as "embarrassing black Americans," just "embarrassing Americans"! They were definitely rude in like twelve different ways, but I wasn't reading any of it as being a function of their race. It's very possible that Dominicans see them for their nationality rather than ethnicity, too, since Hispaniola is pretty diverse. Likewise, I don't know many Dominicans but I'm fully willing to believe that most aren't as greedy, lazy, and rude as Familia Pedro.

That's fair! 

• Love 2

What made the Pedro grandmother situation even worse is that Pedro said it was his grandmother with whom he lived as a child, and that he loved her so much.  Yes, he's sending money and items to his mother, but he made it sound like it was his grandmother who actually raised him.  Mother Chantal and Chantal (and probably River) are just very focused on themselves and their perceptions of people and things without bothering to find out the reality.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, jackjill89 said:

Chantel's parents were rude to Pedro's family. Pedro's family is shady AF -- asking immediately about the TV and the whole chicken feet fiasco. None of these people are looking good.

I blame most of this on Pedro.  When you marry someone, that person becomes main family...your top priority.  He should have sided with Chantel all throughout, and he never should have let her drive away without him.  Were I Chantel, I would hotfoot it back to the USA and be a Stupid American filing for divorce.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, CarbonCopy said:

Does Alexei's family speak Hebrew or Ukrainian/Russian to each other?  To my untrained ear, it didn't sound like Hebrew but I could be totally wrong.

It definitely sounds like Ukrainian or Russian to me. My expertise includes learning the Cyrillic alphabet, hello, goodbye, please, thank you, and excuse me in Russian, and spending a week in Moscow (so, super beginner).

There's a world of difference between chicken feet you eat with your guests and chicken feet you put on the table* for your guests but won't eat yourselves.  

[*One plate of chicken parts in the middle of the table, no plates or utensils.  While you gawk and sneer at them from the kitchen island.]

Family Pedro is delusional if they think they're coming off as sincere. 

• Love 12

I hope this is all a very elaborately scripted program. If so, these people have missed their life's calling, because they are selling it as real. 

21 hours ago, MrHufflepuff said:

I've had chicken feet before at Chinese restaurants, and I think they taste pretty good, but it's one of those foods that you have to use your hands with, so it can be a bit messy.  But it was a bit odd that Pedro's family didn't eat them.  It would have been different if that was Pedro's favorite and he was dying to eat it, but that didn't really seem to be the case.  Eh, I ate slow roasted pig's feet the other day, and those were delicious, so I guess I really don't have a problem with eating feet in general.

Was waiting for someone else to admit they ate these things! Mom would cook them up every now and then, and we thought they tasted so good. Also the same with the pork feet.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Alexi and his family are considered a second or third class group in Israel. He's not able to find gainful employment and he's not desirable to Israeli-born females -- which is why he married an American. The family most likely wants out ASAP.  

Can you elaborate on why?  Because they are Russian/Ukranian?

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, mittsigirl said:

Was waiting for someone else to admit they ate these things! Mom would cook them up every now and then, and we thought they tasted so good. Also the same with the pork feet.

I've eaten pigs feet, various livers, even fertilized eggs.. I'd eat anything my host was serving so long as they ate it too. 

• Love 2

It's the polite the to do is to eat--or pretend to, eat the damned feet. Given the fact that these people  are already married, fighting is not the prudent thing to do. The family Chantel needed to have mama and sister sit and say, "I think we go off on the wrong foot, no pun intended. We said some things, you said some things...Let's fix this."  Instead they ALL fought  from the moment they got off the plane. Immature! The whole lot of em!

• Love 4
(edited)

FamilyPedro was on a mission to make FamilyChantel PAY for their rudeness to Junior.  FamilyChantel should have gotten off the flight, gone to their hotel, rested, ate at a restaurant, then agreed to meet up later to visit FamilyPedro.  All of this should have been arranged before they got on the plane so FamilyPedro would not have put out any effort in making the gourmet DR dishes.  The snickering when FamilyPedro admitted they don't like the chicken feet was too much.  Insulting.  I really gave MotherChantel the benefit of the doubt when she kept saying that she was cultured and would be polite, but she really had an agenda to insult MotherPedro as soon as she could.  She had no problem making it tense and uncomfortable for everyone.  Nice.  Very Classy MotherChantel.   Now we know from where River gets his attitude.  I'd like to know What Went Down In The Van on those FIVE HOURS getting to Grandmas???  What was going on that they were so hostile to getting out?  One would think that they would be happy to get out and stretch their legs at least.  Those dogs were harmless.  I didn't hear one bark.  Seriously?  The Insult to GrandmaPedro is unforgivable.  Chantel needed to WomanUp and tell them to GET OUT.  Nope, she spent most of her miserable time there lamenting to her parents about how RICH the FamilyPedro is now and not the Poor Folk she left them a year ago.  Bitter.  I did appreciate How Fast Pedro threw in her face that she has a New Car!  "Which is NORMAL in America."  RIGHT!  Their communication skills are horrid and one would THINK that FamilyChantel, who created that monster, would have figured out that she is deceptive and take her crap with a grain of salt?  There is NO GUIDANCE from her parents to help her deal with her situation.  They want Pedro GONE and went to DR to prove they are right.      

Pao needs a Real Agent.  When we first met the Agent, she was leery about a girl "who is married" because she didn't want to put up with an angry husband.  Really?  WHY would a husband be angry if you are legit?  

Alex's Mother had every right to be blindsided by the information that the illness will likely be passed on to her grandchildren.  It would have been upsetting for anyone.  But instead of letting her absorb the information, it IMMEDIATELY BECAME ALL ABOUT LOREN and "how she just can't with this!"  Really?  Everyone had to COMFORT LOREN?  That girl is so high maintenance, she is exhausting.  I think everyone watching pretty thought 2 things about Alex's brother - Bring him to the US on a visit and match him up and WHY is the Mom freaking out?  She and Father in Law won't be eligible for another 3 years themselves....when 2nd son will be 29 -- he may be married then and parents can go back to visit.  Mom overreacted because she can't picture herself away from Israel.  Fair enough.  Give her time, she seems like nice person.  

Mo is all about making his case against Dani.  Diamond is a vehicle for him to get more ammo against Dani in court.  To really stop being fearful of Dani, he needs to GO BACK HOME AND NEVER RETURN.  

Edited by Eme
  • Love 8
(edited)

All I could think about after watching the FamilyChantel/FamilyPedro's five hour ride to meet la Abuela, then FamilyC refused to get out of the van was, DIDN'T ANYBODY NEED TO GO TO THE BATHROOM? What about the camera crew? 

When I saw Paola wearing that flesh-colored, skin tight dress, it reminded me of this commercial for an IBS medication:

edited to add, I guess I've got some sort of bathroom fixation

IBS.jpg

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 18
(edited)

It is six months AFTER Alexei gets his citizenship in a few years. You can't sponsor family with a green card so he can't start applying now.

I believe you can, it just takes longer. Update: sorry, I'm wrong, you can only sponsor spouses and unmarried children if you are a GCH, but not parents.
I don't get one thing though - has anybody asked Artem's opinion at all? Does he even want to move? He's 26 years old, and he still may be living with his parents while going to school, but how do they know he's not counting days till he can move out and live by himself? They are talking about him as if he has no say in the matter.
And by the way, I now particularly dislike Loren for the face that she made at the supermarket when they got chicken liver. Not only is it rude, but it's also because chicken liver cooked with fried onions and sour cream is my comfort food. Served with mashed potatoes, a sour pickle and pumpernickel (or rather, Russian equivalent).

Alexi and his family are considered a second or third class group in Israel.

This is interesting. Can you elaborate?

Does Alexei's family speak Hebrew or Ukrainian/Russian to each other?

The mom speaks Russian in the "talking head", Alexi speaks Ukrainian to her, and she replies in what I think is a mix. I think she also used Hebrew words with Loren when they were cooking. It's strange that during previous seasons, especially the first one, I thought she spoke pretty good English, too.

Edited by Ivanova
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Swim mom said:

A little Kosher wine, a little kugel, problem solved.

Oi gevalt!  It worked for me, for sure...we celebrated 21 years of happy marriage in May!  LOL!

31 minutes ago, Ivanova said:

Not only is it rude, but it's also because chicken liver cooked with fried onions and sour cream is my comfort food. Served with mashed potatoes, a sour pickle and pumpernickel (or rather, Russian equivalent).

I'm Hungarian by birth and my mouth was absolutely watering.

• Love 3
On 7/23/2017 at 9:55 PM, jacksgirl said:

Re Loren and Alexi, can't believe that at some point, no one investigated how long it might take Artem to legally immigrate to the U.S. Are we on PTV that much smarter than these people?

were also supposed to believe that Lauren and her parents never knew tourettes was hereditary<eyeroll>

• Love 2
11 hours ago, lilsadone said:

Whether or not you eat those types of dishes, someone brought you into their home and prepared something for you, and it' is so flipping rude to turn your nose up at it. I was raised to never do anything disrespectful like that, and MOST black folks were raised to never be disrespectful to someone else's home/family -- if we really want to talk about "our culture" Chantels family is still in the wrong.  I'm also fairly well traveled (been to tons of countries) and I can't think of a single one where that is OK  to do. 

yes, if they sit down at the table with you. mother pedro put it on table with a smirk and then walked away from the table. ridiculous.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, IntoTheMystic said:

Maybe I'm seeing things, but did Pedro grab his sister's ass at the airport when he greeted her?

This! I saw that too and came here to see if anyone else did. That was really strange...

• Love 5
(edited)
19 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

I just typed in chicken feet into a google search and you know when suggestions come up before you hit 'enter?' Well, the second option was chicken feet Dominican Republic for me. When I pressed enter out of curiousity I got reddit and reality tea both talking about this show. So congrats Family Pedro, you put the DR on the map for something I don't think most people associated it with.

I live in a city with a large Dominican population, and you can get chicken feet at our local Market Basket.

16 hours ago, lilsadone said:

The Chantel/Pedro segments had me shook. 

1. Chantel and Pedro do a horrible job of translating. They sit there and let everyone blow up and barely try explaining anything. I also think Pedros sister speaks way more English than anyone is telling the audience because she was in that kitchen laughing and snickering and REPLYING to things she really shouldn't have understood that were said in English

2. I'm also black, and we're no strangers to eating random parts of animals. Chitterlings are a staple at soul food places nationwide and it's just pig intestines. I've eaten pigs feet, chicken feet, neck, ears  - it would be harder to think of an animal part that I haven't eaten, and my family was middle class. I also live in Los Angeles, so what black families didn't have traditionally, I found among Asian (chicken feet) and Mexican (brains) cultures and at those restaurants and the homes of friends I made along the way.  The Chantels acted like someone took some poop off the ground it put it on a plate. It's totally nuts to assume that cooking feet is a sign of voodoo. This is NOT NEW ORLEANS! And in voodoo, chicken feet are used for PROTECTION! So the assumption didn't make sense no matter which way you slice it.  Helllooo "stupid americans!" 

3. Whether or not you eat those types of dishes, someone brought you into their home and prepared something for you, and it' is so flipping rude to turn your nose up at it. I was raised to never do anything disrespectful like that, and MOST black folks were raised to never be disrespectful to someone else's home/family -- if we really want to talk about "our culture" Chantels family is still in the wrong.  I'm also fairly well traveled (been to tons of countries) and I can't think of a single one where that is OK  to do. 

4. I felt like all black Americans just took a hit because of Chantels family and their ignorance and refusal to be open minded in a DIFFERENT country. 

After Pedros mom/sis said they don't even eat chicken feet - OK, I get it. But there was other food being prepared, so skip the feet and wait for the other food. Manners are not rocket science. If anything, if my mom was in the same situation and thought the other family was being rude, she would have sat there and killed them with kindness because she would love nothing more to push it their face later by saying "see how nice i was and his family was still XYZ to me" lol - the queen of petty. 

5. Not getting out the car at the grandmas was even worse than the chicken feet drama.  You can see that they do not have the same luxuries as your family - I bet they spent a ton of money (that maybe they didn't have) and effort creating that huge spread for them.  I would have hop out that van so quick, tried to offer help in preparation and tried a little of everything they made the effort to prepare. Whatever you were feeling could have waited to be said in private. 

6. I'll put it this way, that exact same scenario if Chantels family was a white family visiting a low-income black family in the south --- what they did would have been a huge slap in the face to the black family, and unacceptable to anyone watching the scene play out. Like they were acting straight up scared to get out the car!!!  I'm just SHOOK that her family acted that way - it was beyond. 

I hope Chantel and her family are ashamed and embarrased about their behaviour right now - no matter if Pedro and his family are using Chantel, like I said - all that could have been discussed in private. 

I cosign every word of this. Regardless of ones opinion of Pedro's mother and sister, they picked up Chantel and her revolting family at the airport, took them home and were preparing a meal for them. At the very least they could be polite. All they did was reinforce Pedro's family's opinion of them as rude, classless people. And there will be no pleasing them this trip. Mama and sister's place is too nice, but abuela's place is too poor! Dear me, what kind of places should they be living in, exactly, to live up to Chantel's mother's expectations of how Dominicans should live? She is the worst. She thinks she's classy AF and she thinks she's better than Pedro's relatives. She looks down her nose at them and she's utterly baffled that they're not kissing the hem of her garment. Bah.

Chantel is a spoiled, bigoted little girl. She seems to think that as an American she should have a $3500 ring, a new car, and a fabulous apartment. But Pedro's family in DR should have a roof, and enough gruel to survive. Its a direct affront to her if they have more.

Neither she nor Pedro ever makes the smallest, slightest effort to mitigate or smooth things over. Its zero to 60 every time. Its exhausting.

13 hours ago, Swim mom said:

I hope this is all a very elaborately scripted program. If so, these people have missed their life's calling, because they are selling it as real. 

Pedro's mother and sister could barely contain themselves. I think they and the producers cooked up the whole Chicken Feet Incident.

12 hours ago, Eme said:

Alex's Mother had every right to be blindsided by the information that the illness will likely be passed on to her grandchildren.  It would have been upsetting for anyone.  But instead of letting her absorb the information, it IMMEDIATELY BECAME ALL ABOUT LOREN and "how she just can't with this!"  Really?  Everyone had to COMFORT LOREN?  That girl is so high maintenance, she is exhausting.  I think everyone watching pretty thought 2 things about Alex's brother - Bring him to the US on a visit and match him up and WHY is the Mom freaking out?  She and Father in Law won't be eligible for another 3 years themselves....when 2nd son will be 29 -- he may be married then and parents can go back to visit.  Mom overreacted because she can't picture herself away from Israel.  Fair enough.  Give her time, she seems like nice person.  

Loren is ridiculous. How she managed to hold down a job at all is mystifying to me. An executive assistant has to be able to cope with things. Can you see her making complex travel arrangements or setting up meetings? "I wanted this meeting to be perfect! WAH!" Everyone has to dole out hairpats and hugs to her at the drop of a hat. Girl. You are not that cute. I have never understood people who have to live everyone else's life for them. They have the information, let them think about it.

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

yes, if they sit down at the table with you. mother pedro put it on table with a smirk and then walked away from the table. ridiculous.

True. 

But she was also still in the kitchen cooking.  Pedro should have sat down tho. 

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Swim mom said:

Loren's problem is easily solved. Start the process for the parents now, because it takes so long. Meanwhile, when little bro starts thinking about a potential wife, get a visitor visa, bring him over, and introduce him to every single girl you know. A little Kosher wine, a little kugel, problem solved.

Why not just have the brother come to America to go to school? Problem solved and he doesn't even have to get desperate to marry someone. Maybe by the time he's done with school, he'll have met someone and want to marry that person legitimately. Or he can look for an employer who'll sponsor him with an H1-B visa.

18 hours ago, Adeejay said:

It will only take six months to get the parents; it's the 18 years to get Artem that is the problem.  Loren migrating to Israel isn't on the table because Alexei likes Florida and wants to stay.  

Hard not to like Florida when you're looking out at ocean and don't have to worry about getting shot or blown up by a terrorist.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, TipseyGirl said:

This! I saw that too and came here to see if anyone else did. That was really strange...

I went and watched again. It was definitely strange. And gross. And now I wonder if that's his sister at all because no brother, well, except Josh Duggar, touches his sister like that. I don't care how close they are. Maybe the sister is actually his wife/girlfriend and he really is using Chantal for money. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, TipseyGirl said:

I'm glad other people saw this. She jumped into his arms like a lover would at the airport, too. Also, later in the episode, he's giving her a new dress and says, "For my sexiest". My wife and I are convinced that his sister is not his sister and only plays one on TV. We're pretty sure that she and he are not blood related and are, in fact, a romantic unit. We also think that his mother and his "sister" encouraged him to find an American girl whose family he can grift for everything they're worth, get his US citizenship, then marry the "sister" and get both her and mom over to the US.

• Love 11

We also think that Paola's modeling agent is trying to get her involved in porn. At the very least, she's just conning her for as much cash and airtime as she can get. First of all, the agent complained that Pao's photos wouldn't match her current look. Well, then why didn't the agent have Pao change her look first and then get photos done?!? Second, there wasn't an account created for Paola and the agent didn't even have the photos. Third, what's with all the focus on getting "sexier" shots? Also, having Pao pull her shirt up to expose her underboob is not sexy; dressing Pao so she's in a shirt that naturally shows her underboob is sexy.

We loved the "deer in the headlights" look of "OMG! I'm busted" when Russ and Paola were calling her on her shit. As for the other couple that the photographer introduced them to, they're not even in the same industry as Paola is trying to get into. That lady is about fitness more than modeling. Overall, her agent is tremendously shady and they should get away from her as soon as possible. I'm convinced her agent is trying to get her into doing porn.

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, MrSmith said:

I'm glad other people saw this. She jumped into his arms like a lover would at the airport, too. Also, later in the episode, he's giving her a new dress and says, "For my sexiest". My wife and I are convinced that his sister is not his sister and only plays one on TV. We're pretty sure that she and he are not blood related and are, in fact, a romantic unit. We also think that his mother and his "sister" encouraged him to find an American girl whose family he can grift for everything they're worth, get his US citizenship, then marry the "sister" and get both her and mom over to the US.

Wow, I didn't think  about it, but it may very well be true. Maybe another reason for the smirks and giggles of Family Pedro.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

Wow, I didn't think  about it, but it may very well be true. Maybe another reason for the smirks and giggles of Family Pedro.

Yeah, it's a bit of a long con, but we're unable to square how he and his "sister" interact and speak with each other and the fact they are supposedly biological siblings. I'm looking forward to next week's episode to see if there are any "tells" that either support or refute this theory.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Drogo said:

I've eaten pigs feet, various livers, even fertilized eggs.. I'd eat anything my host was serving so long as they ate it too. 

And that's it EXACTLY.  They only served it out of spite, not out of being a good host, politeness, welcome to DR attitude.

All because Junior had to sign a prenup Mother Pedro will do whatever she can to make Mother Chantel miserable on the DR trip.   Seeing Mom Pedro on the couch with her hand on her forehead and bitching proves she is a real beyoch and wanted to mess with the Americans.

What should have been done was meet up in a neutral location (restaurant) and then went to Mother Pedro's for dessert and coffee if things were going well.

• Love 4
On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 5:53 PM, Samurai X said:

OK, both Family Pedro and Family Chantel are horrible people. Family Chantel does act like dumb Americans, were they really that offended they were given chicken feet?  You're in another country, you should expect to eat food that you don't normally eat. At least try it.

I think the whole point was that Pedro's mom and sister prepared chicken feet to disrespect them (probably because of the pre-nup).  They admitted that they never cook it and would not even eat it themselves. They have not gotten over the pre-nup thing. 

It is disgusting to see how entitled and greedy they are about Pedro "supporting" them. Especially the sister...does she expect to sit on her ass and be supported her whole life?  I can definitely understand Chantel not going along with paying the rent on the apartment since Pedro should be contributing to their household.  Of course Chantel is the one who made the situation so much worse by not being honest with her parents about being engaged to Pedro in the first place.  A lot of these problems stem from this.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, Former Nun said:

I think Loren provided the information she and her parents were given before she visited the Tourette's Society.  She was probably told most of her life (at least when having children was a serious consideration) that Tourette's was not a genetic condition.  I don't believe her parents kept anything from her.

4 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

were also supposed to believe that Lauren and her parents never knew tourettes was hereditary<eyeroll>

I will never believe they didn't know about all of this.  Loren was an executives assistant so I'm sure she knows what Google means.  Any of us with a pimple are googling it so surely over the years Loren and her family know all about Tourettes Syndrome.  I feel so bad for Alexis and his parents who seem like really nice people that care very much for the lying Loren.

57 minutes ago, IntoTheMystic said:

I went and watched again. It was definitely strange. And gross. And now I wonder if that's his sister at all because no brother, well, except Josh Duggar, touches his sister like that. I don't care how close they are. Maybe the sister is actually his wife/girlfriend and he really is using Chantal for money. 

I didn't see that but as soon as I read about it here that was my first thought.  She's his DR honey! 

I thought it strange he showered his mother and fake sister with all that wealth but brought nothing to his grandmother that raised him.

Now we know why!

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I thought it strange he showered his mother and fake sister with all that wealth but brought nothing to his grandmother that raised him.

Now we know why!

You know, it makes me wonder now if the woman who claims to be his mother is actually his mother. What if the plan is as my wife and I think? Marry an American girl, get as much from them as possible, divorce her after getting his citizenship, marry the "sister", and then bring her and his "mother" over. What if his mother is actually her mother and not his? It would explain why they both greeted him at the airport in the ways they did and why they were asking about material things so quickly. To me, he doesn't look very much like his "mother" anyway; only the "sister" looks like the "mother". This would also help explain their attitudes toward and treatment of Chantel and her family.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, MrSmith said:

Why not just have the brother come to America to go to school? Problem solved and he doesn't even have to get desperate to marry someone. Maybe by the time he's done with school, he'll have met someone and want to marry that person legitimately. Or he can look for an employer who'll sponsor him with an H1-B visa.

Hard not to like Florida when you're looking out at ocean and don't have to worry about getting shot or blown up by a terrorist.

Getting a student visa is hard. The quickest and easiest way is honestly to just come over on a tourist visa, find a Jewish girlfriend fast, and get married. Believe me - a lot of people do that. Especially since Loren an alexei live in Miami there are lots of Jewish girls.

18 hours ago, Swim mom said:

Meanwhile,  the Dominican Republic Ministry of Tourism has noticed an abrupt drop in the number of reservations from the United States. 

I doubt that. Besides, with the rate of obesity in North America, it's not like American food, laden with processed foods, trans fats, carbs, and sugar, is some lofty nutritional ideal. 

All of the people on this show are ridiculous and ultimately deserve each other. Every last one of them. 

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, MrSmith said:

We also think that Paola's modeling agent is trying to get her involved in porn. At the very least, she's just conning her for as much cash and airtime as she can get. First of all, the agent complained that Pao's photos wouldn't match her current look. Well, then why didn't the agent have Pao change her look first and then get photos done?!? Second, there wasn't an account created for Paola and the agent didn't even have the photos. Third, what's with all the focus on getting "sexier" shots? Also, having Pao pull her shirt up to expose her underboob is not sexy; dressing Pao so she's in a shirt that naturally shows her underboob is sexy.

We loved the "deer in the headlights" look of "OMG! I'm busted" when Russ and Paola were calling her on her shit. As for the other couple that the photographer introduced them to, they're not even in the same industry as Paola is trying to get into. That lady is about fitness more than modeling. Overall, her agent is tremendously shady and they should get away from her as soon as possible. I'm convinced her agent is trying to get her into doing porn.

That "model agent" never expected to see Pao again! I would be willing to bet a shiny quarter that production persuaded her to do the scenes with Pao for "exposure" of her trashy agency, and assured her that she wouldn't actually have to try to find work for the aging, skanky Pao. They threw her under the bus for this segment (can you picture it? "Oh honey, I had no idea they were going to put you on the spot like that! This was just supposed to be a setup for her meeting. Never in a million years would I do that to you! You did so well! You can really think on your feet! Tell me more about your online registration, sounds fascinating!")

• Love 5

Pedro's mom lost me forever when he hauled out the large television and then said Mommy needs a laptop too. What kind of job did Pedro get in the United States? I hope Chantel is not paying for all that stuff.

I know Anfisa is a jerk, but Jorge is just as bad. If Anfisa "spread her legs" for money, Jorge lied about his finances to have sex with a hot girl he could never get in his bed otherwise. Lourdes needs to shut up. Her brother went into this with his eyes open. Anfisa flat told him before the marriage that she would leave him if he was broke. He married her to keep his trophy wife/girlfriend, not because he was so desperately in love with Anfisa as a person. I have met guys like Jorge. He thinks dating is like shopping from the Victoria's Secret catalog, then cries victim when the hot girl he gets uses him for money.

And those bizarre shots of Jorge just lying on the hotel bed. Hey TLC, was that for dramatic effect?? He looked dead.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

That "model agent" never expected to see Pao again! I would be willing to bet a shiny quarter that production persuaded her to do the scenes with Pao for "exposure" of her trashy agency, and assured her that she wouldn't actually have to try to find work for the aging, skanky Pao. They threw her under the bus for this segment (can you picture it? "Oh honey, I had no idea they were going to put you on the spot like that! This was just supposed to be a setup for her meeting. Never in a million years would I do that to you! You did so well! You can really think on your feet! Tell me more about your online registration, sounds fascinating!")

That could be. Maybe she didn't expect to see Pao again. I don't know. Either way, she can't be trusted.

• Love 1
On 7/24/2017 at 11:41 AM, AnnaL said:

On the other hand, Chantal is insufferable, she is immature and childish. How does this never come in a conversation when they were talking about marriage, finances is always such a delicate issue even without the cultural clash. Chantal's family is despicable, they were determined to make this experience as painful as possible and they found their match in Pedro's family who are also horrible. 

They weren't talking about anything, Pedro didn't speak English and Chantel barely spoke little Spanish. Besides you don't need to say more than baby and mi Amor in bed.

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

Lourdes needs to shut up.

If Jorge tells Lourdes about being hit...and it seems continual and in public (the attorney's office), Lourdes needs to SPEAK UP!   This is domestic violence that will only get worse.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

If Jorge tells Lourdes about being hit...and it seems continual and in public (the attorney's office), Lourdes needs to SPEAK UP!   This is domestic violence that will only get worse.

In this particular and very unique situation, I think Jorge needs to get hit for a while longer first.

• Love 13
22 hours ago, jackjill89 said:

Danielle is a drama queen. Mohamed is not being honest. If she really wanted him out of her life she would have divorced him. This annulment is dragging things on, which she wants. There is a little part of this that is fun to watch, but it's getting old and I think that Danielle is seriously mentally ill and needs help. Mo is simply a con artist who needs to own his shit and move on with his life too. 

Exactly. This way with annulment and starting the process and then pulling it she gets to keep him on her terms and gets him come to her again and again. She knows once she goes through either divorce or annulment she will never see or talk to him again. She is absolutely not over him and loves the drama. She gets to be a center of attention, the extra TLC money is just cherry on the top. She would act this way even if she wasn't on TV.

• Love 3