Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, lovesnark said:

Dirty glasses drive me insane! Danielle would probably have much clearer vision and not need to look above those horrid glasses if she'd clean them on the regular. Mr Lovesnark is guilty of dirty glasses.  Yesterday, he asked to me look along the back fence line to see if the cows were laying under the trees 'because I have better eyes than him'. I reminded him that my vision is worse than his, took his glasses, cleaned them and voila! he could see the fence line.

I am guilty of this. I tend to wash mine every 10 to 14 days. Generally, the dirt has to build up enough to be seen while I'm wearing them. Sad, but true. However, I'll admit when my dirty glasses are interfering. I'm trying to get better about it and keep them clean because I think it causes minor eye strain that tends to make me a little tired, rather than causing headaches or anything like that.

I love the music playing when Mohammed and Danielle's family first meet up in the parking lot - straight from a John Wayne western flick. I expected to hear the jingling of spurs. Danielle's constant smile drives me nuts - her sister does it, too, to a lesser degree.

Did Danielle actually expect that to go well? Mohammed is really a piece of shit.

• Love 2

"hey both made a bad investment. Time to cut bait, and let go. But first, let Anfisa get a green card so she can leave and go work the pole, or find another guy who enjoys sadism."

Why should she be allowed to stay and get a green card?

• Love 1
7 hours ago, MrHufflepuff said:

She performed a public service by taking Jorge off the dating market for a few years?

But Jorge has stated that he doesn't want any American women because they are too feminist and he wants a traditional girl.

I really don't care if she stays or if she goes. She was honest with her intentions.  Jorge is a putz. Or a malaka. I can't decide which.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, greekmom said:

But Jorge has stated that he doesn't want any American women because they are too feminist and he wants a traditional girl.

I really don't care if she stays or if she goes. She was honest with her intentions.  Jorge is a putz. Or a malaka. I can't decide which.

But Anfisa is anything but traditional.  She has said emphatically that she doesn't want to cook or clean or be a housewife in any capacity.

I'm a card carrying feminist, but I actually like cooking and cleaning when the spirit moves me and I treat my husband with respect.  I also have no trouble getting him to help me around the house when I need it and he supports me in my career. 

I don't think Jorge really knows what a feminist or feminism really is.  He's also realizing (maybe I'm being too generous with that assumption) that importing a foreign bride didn't get him a "traditional girl" either.  Anfisa can't be faulted because she's shown him unequivocally who she is from day one.

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

But Anfisa is anything but traditional.  She has said emphatically that she doesn't want to cook or clean or be a housewife in any capacity.

I'm a card carrying feminist, but I actually like cooking and cleaning when the spirit moves me and I treat my husband with respect.  I also have no trouble getting him to help me around the house when I need it and he supports me in my career. 

I don't think Jorge really knows what a feminist or feminism really is.  He's also realizing (maybe I'm being too generous with that assumption) that importing a foreign bride didn't get him a "traditional girl" either.  Anfisa can't be faulted because she's shown him unequivocally who she is from day one.

Not only does he not have the first damned clue what feminism is about, he couldn't find a clue with both hands, a map, and a flashlight.

• Love 5

Oh gawd, that screaming!  Why in the world would anyone respond to that?  Answering a phone call from Anfisa would be the last thing on my list of things to do.  I call BS on her crying over her thinking would Jorge leave her, who is she fooling?  That green card is her ticket out then she can find someone who actually has money.  That debt Jorge has is most likely because of her and if it is in his name then she would not be responsible for it and besides does she mean if he dies or there is a divorce?  I believe California is a one of those states that without a pre or post nup assests are split 50/50, right?  This post nup stuff is manufactured, neither one of the have anything, no money or property, certainly no post marital property.

Hope Anfisa enjoys her half of nothing.

• Love 3
On 7/3/2017 at 8:45 AM, MrSmith said:

Yeah, I was disappointed to see the glee on her face during that exchange. I am happy, however, that it went as badly as it did. Similarly, I'm happy her brother-in-law had the self-restraint to simply walk away.

Her personality is tremendously vile. I don't understand why he doesn't just turn the phone off some of the time. Or at least mute it (no ring and no vibration) and ignore her. He's not very smart (we knew that, of course), which is further demonstrated by the fact he thought he'd be able to put one over on her with that stupid lie.

You shouldn't have this time. Things are starting to get interesting. She insisted that Pedro play 1:1 basketball with her brother. Supposedly, Pedro has never played basketball. River (the brother) spent the entire time being a raging dick to Pedro, insulting and demeaning him. After Pedro called an end to the charade of River taking the opportunity to get to know Pedro, River claimed to have given him a chance and made a remark like, "Well, if he's going to quit during a basketball game, is he going to quit on the marriage, too?"

Edited add: The best part was when Pedro returned home and Chantel got on his case for not trying hard enough! That was rich!

The interesting thing that came out of this was that he had strippers at his party, which hurt and upset her. She then turned around and decided to have strippers at her party to get even with him. Then she spent much of the time the two of them were discussing this trying to deflect and minimize. She's got a lot of growing up to do and I wouldn't be surprised if this marriage fails.

He's actually a pretty good guy. He's trying to balance his wife's needs with his own, and make sure she's living in a place where she's happy and comfortable and where they can both find work that pays well enough to have a good life together. It's rare to see someone on TV who gives that much thought and consideration to someone they claim to love.

We feel her agent is trying to damage her marriage, especially by encouraging her to go out with other models drinking and partying. We also feel like her agent is taking advantage of her ignorance of this industry. (Not that we're surprised the agent is taking advantage...)

We also aren't sure why he's not trying to rent the house out, since selling it is clearly not going to happen. It would enable him to keep the house, keep his credit, and move to Miami. As for him getting "a job, any job", that's a lot easier said than done. When you've got the education that he surely has for the job in the oil industry that he had, retail and fast food places won't talk to you. I have a Bachelor's in Computer Science and when I was between jobs, I couldn't even get a job at McDonald's. The thing is that there are so many people still looking for "a job, any job" that fast food can actually reject you because you don't have enough recent fast food experience. This even happened to the oldest of my two brothers-in-law who doesn't have a degree, but does have experience in the Air Force as an aircraft mechanic (which also got him management experience). These places won't hire people like Russ, me, or my brother-in-law because we are definitely over-qualified and they know employment with them is a very temporary measure. So you can bash him all you want for not having "a job, any job", but you should be aware that reality is very different. I can understand if you have a hard time believing that because I had to put up with disbelief from all quarters during my time unemployed: my parents, my siblings, my friends, and all of her extended family. (Her immediate family was on my side, in part because they saw the effort I was putting into finding "a job, any job" and in part because of her brother's difficulties finding "a job, any job".)

Amen on the job front. My highly-educated husband spent 2 years looking for "a job, any job" and was regularly turned down for either being overqualified or not having fast food experience. There are so many unemployed people at the moment that even in my area, hundreds of people apply for the same job.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

"hey both made a bad investment. Time to cut bait, and let go. But first, let Anfisa get a green card so she can leave and go work the pole, or find another guy who enjoys sadism."

Why should she be allowed to stay and get a green card?

Because she went into the marriage with honest intentions-to marry a rich man who would take care of her-and didn't deceive him. Anfisa was straight from the get go. I don't always "get" marriages that aren't based on love, but one could also argue that love and respect develop over time anyway.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

Because she went into the marriage with honest intentions-to marry a rich man who would take care of her-and didn't deceive him. Anfisa was straight from the get go. I don't always "get" marriages that aren't based on love, but one could also argue that love and respect develop over time anyway.

In a million years I can't see Anfisa ever loving a/o respecting Jorge.

• Love 1

I must be tired, because Danielle just now crying about Mo, coupled with the scene of her on the couch with kitty.....well that seems the most "human" we have ever seen her. 

WTF to Jorge leaving his OWN apartment that HE pays for, once again, for the 6234566th time.  I just can't, even, with him.  

• Love 6
(edited)
5 minutes ago, jacksgirl said:

Funny one @Godfrey. Danielle would run back to Mo so fast if he wanted her. 

She would. She needs to get some self-respect.

Anfisa & Jorge's make-up sex. TMI. Gross. Please pass the bleach.

Edited by Godfrey
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, jacksgirl said:

What the heck? Loren, you are a 28 year old millennial who never googled or went to WebMD to investigate a medical condition you've had for 20 years? I call shenanigans on you.

That's what I was thinking too. Unless she really is that naive and belived her parents esp since they don't have it.  And something that just popped into my head. Could Loren have been adopted and they just never told her? She really doesn't look like either one of her parents. I do feel for her though cuz it has to be tough living with touretttes. 

• Love 8

Come on, TLC.  This Tourette Syndrome storyline has to be just that: a producer-driven storyline.  You mean to tell me that her parents, at the very least, never did hardcore research on a condition that she's had all her life?  Her pediatrician would have given them all of the information they could possibly take in (assuming her parents were paying attention, which I believe they were).  Laying aside the question of how much Loren knew about Tourette Syndrome, I'm going to need Alexei to not have kids for a really, really long time.  If that's how he's going to treat his wife for having an actual medical condition, he should think long and hard about bringing children into the world if there's even a possibility that he'll be resentful of Loren.  I'm not usually Loren's biggest fan, but that poor girl, having to basically apologize for having an inheritable condition that she still struggles with on a daily basis.  Just wow.

• Love 20

I’m calling it. Diamond is either a hooker or a MTF trans person.

Jorge is a malaka. In the most basic sense.  The makeup sex made me gag on my ice tea. If Anfisa releases photos of her whipping Jorge with a ball in his mouth, it will explain A LOT.

Loren and her illness.  20+ years she had this condition and a doctor has not confirmed or denied that it’s hereditary!?!?

I don’t give a crap about Chantel and Pedro. Either River is a shitty actor or he really has dependency issues with Chantel.

Russ and Pao - snooze.

I really want to know how much is this made up and how much is for reals.

• Love 11

KBrownie, so true!! Russ went out of his way to speak Spanish to Pao's friends. He is a charming man who lives his wife and is an adult with regards to mortgages, jobs, etc. I liked Pao before,  but now.... Pao's friends are a cliche.

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, jacksgirl said:

KBrownie, so true!! Russ went out of his way to speak Spanish to Pao's friends. He is a charming man who lives his wife and is an adult with regards to mortgages, jobs, etc. I liked Pao before,  but now.... Pao's friends are a cliche.

Behavior like that is a pet peeve of mine.  Like I said, I live in South Florida, so there are a lot of different languages being spoken all the time and it's no big deal, but it's rude and hurtful to talk about someone in a different language knowing they can't understand you, but can put together that you are talking about them.  Pao and friends have no true idea about living in Miami.  Only the Hollywood version.  Russ and his boots are fine. 

• Love 12

Danielle is psycho! She is facebook stalking her ex. Like who cares if he is "talking to another girl" She is "dating" another dude. She needs to let it go! 

• Love 15
(edited)

By continuing to film Danielle, TLC is basically exploiting a mentally ill woman.  Nothing and no one will convince me that Danielle does not have developmental issues.  That's why I can't even feel too frustrated with her.  She probably shouldn't even be in charge of her own financial affairs, much less permitted to participate in a TV show, however dysfunctional.  Her friends and family are just as culpable as the producers when they appear in scenes with her and egg her on.  I hate Mohamed as much as the next halfway sane, self-respecting woman, but he doesn't owe Danielle an explanation for any woman he wants to date (or "date").  Restraining orders and block buttons were made for women like her.

Edited by SuzyLee
  • Like 1
  • Love 20
(edited)

Jorge says he doesn't understand why Anfisa is flipping out.  Really???!!!  He says this as he's driving back from the lawyer's office when he told her he was just going to the garage.  To a secret lawyer's appointment where he's gonna draw up a document to screw her over more than he already has. So maybe she's flipping out because you're driving her insane with your constant fucking lies.  Srsly, he'd drive anyone crazy!  Glad she kicked him out...for probably the 100th time, haha!

I still wish they'd catch her on camera screaming like a banshee!

Edited by Sup wit dat
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, AmyB said:

Danielle is psycho! She is facebook stalking her ex. Like who cares if he is "talking to another girl" She is "dating" another dude. She needs to let it go! 

The "lady" doth protest too much.  I agree she gives too much of a shit. Let it go Fugly. Having Rosacea bestie and calling Mo to tell him off is teenager level stuff. 

• Love 10

Stupid Danielle still wants Mo. If she didn't she wouldn't throw tantrums when he posts pix of himself with other women. She needs to quit with the annulment/deportation threats to make him compliant with her demands. She IS jealous. She's pissed that he rejected her and will not accept it and move on. She needs psych help and he needs a restraining order. He should also block her on social media (though that's probably forbidden by the producers because they need the shit stirred up).

• Love 9
42 minutes ago, SuzyLee said:

Come on, TLC.  This Tourette Syndrome storyline has to be just that: a producer-driven storyline.  You mean to tell me that her parents, at the very least, never did hardcore research on a condition that she's had all her life?  Her pediatrician would have given them all of the information they could possibly take in (assuming her parents were paying attention, which I believe they were).  Laying aside the question of how much Loren knew about Tourette Syndrome, I'm going to need Alexei to not have kids for a really, really long time.  If that's how he's going to treat his wife for having an actual medical condition, he should think long and hard about bringing children into the world if there's even a possibility that he'll be resentful of Loren.  I'm not usually Loren's biggest fan, but that poor girl, having to basically apologize for having an inheritable condition that she still struggles with on a daily basis.  Just wow.

To be fair I googled this and it looks like study proving that it's hereditary isn't from that long ago, so maybe that's what they told them when Loren was younger and they never researched it further.  Her reaction did seem genuine to me, come on....she's not a good actor no one on this show is.  And Alexi's reaction definitely was real

• Love 14

Don't think the lawyers who met with a Jorge and Anfisa would agree to represent him in a capacity adverse to her. Also the essence of a pre or post nup is honesty and full disclosure so his plan has no shot -- even if it were possible to treat a spouse in that way, and I don't see how it could be. I'm not even so sure there could be an agreement that could limit the ability of someone Jorge owes money to to collect from both. They're  stuck together. 

• Love 2

'You have to support me' no Pao your 30 year old ass needs to grow up. Marriage is50/50, where is your support for Russ getting his career on track? Stop listening to your fame thirsty friend who has done nothing to support you and respect the realism and stability that your husband has to offer you selfish b@tch

• Love 23
(edited)

Wow, Pao sure does have asshole friends . Her girlfriends speak Spanish in order to exclude him, and Juan picks a fight with Russ. I'm thinking Pao is an asshole too. 

Loren is so sheltered that she never looked up her syndrome. I don't believe that for one second. Girl looks like she lives on her phone. 

Chantal bachelorette is such a snore. 

Jorge and anfisa deserve each other. 

Wtf is wrong with Danielle ? Now she is back to annulment? I want to know which person in the clerk of courts office won the divorce/annulment pool. I don't know what to make of Diamond. Trans was my first thought  . Did he say he met her while ubering her? Sorry, I never struck up a friendship with an Uber driver, cab driver or bus driver. That's just weird. So are we going to get to meet Danielle's new beau? He lives out of state is code for I hooked another one through a website. 

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 5

In Alexis defence, I would want to know if my potential husband had anything at all that could be passed to our children. My kids father and I shared info of heart desiese, cancer, etc so we would know the potential effects on life we was bringing into this world. I think it was unfair to marry him without giving him the facts.

• Love 9

I believe Juan is a production plant. Shame on Pao for allowing him to speak that way to her husband.

I don't particularly care for Alexei.  I don't like the way he treats Loren.  She appears to be very insecure, and he seems to make her feel even more so.

Given that they are living in an efficiency, I don't think it's a good idea for Pedro to send his entire TLC check to DR.  And, to add insult to injury, his mother doesn't seem the least bit grateful.

• Love 6

I used to laugh when people suggested that Anfisa and Jorge's relationship is a little sadistic / masochistic.  But when I saw the make up sex scene, I began to think that they are on to something.   She was smiling, and giggling. And, she was holding his hand after the green card meeting.

I don't know if this has been mentioned but has anyone else noticed the excessive background noise (sounds like a camera fan or a some type of small compressor near the sound boom) on every otherwise quiet scene? You might not be able to hear it if you are listening on TV speakers, but its very noticeable on a surround system. All of the couch interviews have it present and it was present during a lot of the on-location house scenes in tonights new episode. I've noticed the background sound during this entire season.

• Love 1
(edited)

Danielle,  what you can't do is call a man up to harass him and then get mad and tell him to leave YOU alone. Dumbass! You dialed his number.

And notice how quick she got off the phone when Mo started to spill the tea about Danielle talking money from her family? That sure shut her ass up.

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 17
(edited)
45 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

Danielle,  what you can't do is call a man up to harass him and then get mad and tell him to leave YOU alone. Dumbass! You dialed his number.

And notice how quick she got off the phone when Mo started to spill the tea about Danielle talking money from her family? That sure shut her ass up.

I'm sure Mo knew the phone call was coming in. They didn't film that whole set up for nothing! They took a big risk letting Jabba The Rosacea sit on that couch, the seat cushion was under a lot of stress, one end was crushed and the other was up in the air..

Edited by Toaster Strudel
  • Love 18

Toaster Strudel, Imma need to find a way to fit Jabba the Rosacea into conversation.  **cackles** 

Danielle really let the crazy flag fly, eh?  What was the actual argument she was trying to make?  It didn't make any sense.  Were she and her friend drinking and drunk dialed him?   (Hence, him asking if she was drunk)  

KBrownie, TOTALLY agree with your assessment about Miami.  I'm grew up in Orlando and we have family in Miami, so we go down there quite a bit.  Everyone is so lovely and accepting there; it is a true melting pot city.  Leave that boy and his boots alone!  (Also, always good to see a fellow Gator! Sup?!)

I'm reallllyyy over Pao.  Girl, that's your husband.  Your. Husband.  I wish someone would trifle with my husband like that and undermine my relationship.  Hell. No.  That said, Juan is clearly pissed he is losing his party gf and knew very well he was dropping a bomb or two.   The look on Pao's face of annoyance, but bitchy goodness when Russ walked away, is a glance of who she truly is.  Pao seems like a caricature of a Latino woman in Miami, like she's play acting to fit in there. Seriously, Russ...your relationship is based on a green card, so...that's awkward.  He is an adult, so him getting played inelegantly by some try hard T&A is really his own fault. 

Jorge and Anfisa...nope.  Not today, Satan.  Moving on...

Chantel and Pedro are boring, except in those moments where they aren't.  Like, when they were at the sushi place and Chantel said she wanted to talk and he said "about money", my ears perked right up.  That's the good stuff!  Also, I hope she doesn't randomly rub up on dudes at the club with her friends.  You noticed they were wolfpacking her HARD, like they know how she rolls when she is drinking and in the club.  Those friends are trying to keep her in the pocket, so she doesn't do something very stupid on national tv. 

I go back and forth about Loren and Alex.  They don't seem to really like each other much of the time, and it seems like they have to try so hard to be kind to each other.  I just struggle with that being your relationship.  It should, IMO, be comfortable and easy to be kind to your partner.  

• Love 14

I felt for Loren, especially as someone who also has a medical condition that increases the risk of first-degree relatives of having the disease.  She should have told Alexi about it with a physician or genetic counselor - someone that could answer any questions or concerns that either of them have. Her approach of being all nonchalant and talking about it while making the bed was completely misguided. It was a lot for Loren to digest, but it's also a lot for Alexi to digest too and what they needed was someone who actually knew something to support them both. Instead it ended up with Loren pleading with Alexi, when he should have been her shoulder to cry on.

• Love 7
(edited)
5 hours ago, jacksgirl said:

What the heck? Loren, you are a 28 year old millennial who never googled or went to WebMD to investigate a medical condition you've had for 20 years? I call shenanigans on you.

Yep, I was thinking this too and the same goes for Alexi (or whatever his name is).  Doesn't Alexi have some kind of medical background (EMT or something?).  What's wrong with him picking up his phone and googling Tourette's?  Damn, during the commercial I reached over, picked up my phone, typed in Loren's condition and found a list of 50 facts I needed to know, including - roughly 1 in 100 people get it, predominately males, is potentially passed down, no known cause, swearing uncontrollably is only found in 10% of the patients... (and I'm reciting this list from memory a few hours ago).

Oh, there were medications that are used, 2 different types of treatment plans, I mean, C'MON man... I knew a helluva lot about Tourette's before the show even came back on after the commercial break finished.  And what was that? like 3 whole mins.?  Naw, we see you!  The viewing audience is not stupid.  For some reason Alexi REALLY MAKES ME FUCKING STABBY.  He's so over the top and positively exhausting with everything.  I would hate to be married to that guy.

My question to Alexi would be - if the relatives on your side of the family were prone, to say, breast cancer, don't have kids because they could possibly wind up with with it?  Tourette's isn't a GD death sentence you moron, it's a manageable condition.  Alexi's mom needs to pack his fucked up, gaslighting, over-controlling,

mysogynistic, ass in her suitcase and take him back to Israel after the visit.

Edited by beesknees
  • Love 24
(edited)
48 minutes ago, TrininisaScorp said:

KBrownie, TOTALLY agree with your assessment about Miami.  I'm grew up in Orlando and we have family in Miami, so we go down there quite a bit.  Everyone is so lovely and accepting there; it is a true melting pot city.  Leave that boy and his boots alone!  (Also, always good to see a fellow Gator! Sup?!)

I'm reallllyyy over Pao.  Girl, that's your husband.  Your. Husband.  I wish someone would trifle with my husband like that and undermine my relationship.  Hell. No.  That said, Juan is clearly pissed he is losing his party gf and knew very well he was dropping a bomb or two.   The look on Pao's face of annoyance, but bitchy goodness when Russ walked away, is a glance of who she truly is.  Pao seems like a caricature of a Latino woman in Miami, like she's play acting to fit in there. Seriously, Russ...your relationship is based on a green card, so...that's awkward.  He is an adult, so him getting played inelegantly by some try hard T&A is really his own fault. 

Chantel and Pedro are boring, except in those moments where they aren't.  Like, when they were at the sushi place and Chantel said she wanted to talk and he said "about money", my ears perked right up.  That's the good stuff!  Also, I hope she doesn't randomly rub up on dudes at the club with her friends.  You noticed they were wolfpacking her HARD, like they know how she rolls when she is drinking and in the club.  Those friends are trying to keep her in the pocket, so she doesn't do something very stupid on national tv. 

*Gator Chomp* at you TrininisaScorp!

I agree, Pao was loving every drop of tea that Juan was spilling.  She was only too happy to translate every single word about everything Pao had told Juan in their conversations.  She wanted to embarrass and humiliate Russ.  Russ needs to stand up for himself and cut off the funds for the Miami experiment and they need to find a compromise city where they both can accomplish their goals.  Of course that won't work for Pao as she has created in her bubble head this idea of Miami as the only place for a sexy Colombian bombshell such as herself.  "Caricature" is the perfect word to describe Pao in Miami.  Like I mentioned before, the only people who act the way she does about Miami and styles and models themselves of what they think Miami is are the people NOT from Miami who really don't have a clue.  Let me tell you, it's really easy to pick out tourists and non-locals in South Florida.  They all look and act like Pao to some degree.  The male version is Mohamed.

Chantel was annoying with her repeated declarations that she "deserved" a bachelorette party.  What the f have you done to deserve a bachelorette party Chantel other than lying about why you got married and throwing your husband under the bus?  I didn't know that those were the type of thing that anyone could deserve. Especially after you are already married and planning a second wedding, a destination wedding no less, in the Dominican Republic.  No, honey.  I think the better word is that you just want one or feel entitled to one and know deep down that you have no good reason, so you throw out that you somehow deserve one.  The only thing you deserve is a punch in the face.  

Edited by KBrownie
  • Love 12