Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)
8 hours ago, Diamond Dog said:

Danielle's dumpy potato face makes the weirdest grimace/smile that is both intriguing, and horrifying to look at. She appeared  aroused at the family parking lot showdown. "Oh, they are fightin' over me!"  No honey, no one can stand you. Mohamed isn't your friend, and your sister, and brother-in-law think you're a 1st rate fool. 

Yeah, I was disappointed to see the glee on her face during that exchange. I am happy, however, that it went as badly as it did. Similarly, I'm happy her brother-in-law had the self-restraint to simply walk away.

We need to talk about Kevin Anfisa. She's off the rails. Hitting and screaming isn't the way to handle life situations.  Her personality is vile. However, Jiggly isn't much better. He did the hand to face, "OMG, what is it now!" several times, but he has the power to stop it. If she's hitting; call the cops, and file assault charges. If he lets this continue then watch for Jiggly's next appearance as a bloodied cadaver on 'Snapped' or 'Wives with Knives.' 

Her personality is tremendously vile. I don't understand why he doesn't just turn the phone off some of the time. Or at least mute it (no ring and no vibration) and ignore her. He's not very smart (we knew that, of course), which is further demonstrated by the fact he thought he'd be able to put one over on her with that stupid lie.

Pedro and Plastic -- fast forward.

You shouldn't have this time. Things are starting to get interesting. She insisted that Pedro play 1:1 basketball with her brother. Supposedly, Pedro has never played basketball. River (the brother) spent the entire time being a raging dick to Pedro, insulting and demeaning him. After Pedro called an end to the charade of River taking the opportunity to get to know Pedro, River claimed to have given him a chance and made a remark like, "Well, if he's going to quit during a basketball game, is he going to quit on the marriage, too?"

Edited add: The best part was when Pedro returned home and Chantel got on his case for not trying hard enough! That was rich!

The tall guy and the hyper one -- boring. Strippers at hen party. Who cares? 

The interesting thing that came out of this was that he had strippers at his party, which hurt and upset her. She then turned around and decided to have strippers at her party to get even with him. Then she spent much of the time the two of them were discussing this trying to deflect and minimize. She's got a lot of growing up to do and I wouldn't be surprised if this marriage fails.

Paola, and Russ: She has no job, but she can party, and keep her blonde roots touched up.  He has no job, but sits in empty house like a sad sack. Rent it out fool! Get a job, any job. He's so incredibly wimpy, and monotone that it drives me crazy. 

He's actually a pretty good guy. He's trying to balance his wife's needs with his own, and make sure she's living in a place where she's happy and comfortable and where they can both find work that pays well enough to have a good life together. It's rare to see someone on TV who gives that much thought and consideration to someone they claim to love.

We feel her agent is trying to damage her marriage, especially by encouraging her to go out with other models drinking and partying. We also feel like her agent is taking advantage of her ignorance of this industry. (Not that we're surprised the agent is taking advantage...)

We also aren't sure why he's not trying to rent the house out, since selling it is clearly not going to happen. It would enable him to keep the house, keep his credit, and move to Miami. As for him getting "a job, any job", that's a lot easier said than done. When you've got the education that he surely has for the job in the oil industry that he had, retail and fast food places won't talk to you. I have a Bachelor's in Computer Science and when I was between jobs, I couldn't even get a job at McDonald's. The thing is that there are so many people still looking for "a job, any job" that fast food can actually reject you because you don't have enough recent fast food experience. This even happened to the oldest of my two brothers-in-law who doesn't have a degree, but does have experience in the Air Force as an aircraft mechanic (which also got him management experience). These places won't hire people like Russ, me, or my brother-in-law because we are definitely over-qualified and they know employment with them is a very temporary measure. So you can bash him all you want for not having "a job, any job", but you should be aware that reality is very different. I can understand if you have a hard time believing that because I had to put up with disbelief from all quarters during my time unemployed: my parents, my siblings, my friends, and all of her extended family. (Her immediate family was on my side, in part because they saw the effort I was putting into finding "a job, any job" and in part because of her brother's difficulties finding "a job, any job".)

Edited by MrSmith
  • Love 22
7 hours ago, Diamond Dog said:

Danielle's dumpy potato face makes the weirdest grimace/smile that is both intriguing, and horrifying to look at. She appeared  aroused at the family parking lot showdown. "Oh, they are fightin' over me!"  No honey, no one can stand you. Mohamed isn't your friend, and your sister, and brother-in-law think you're a 1st rate fool. 

She looks like some sort of rodent. Everything about her is off putting.  She's so gauche and tacky. And that tawdry, pathetic "meeting" in the parking lot? She thinks she's on The Young and the Restless. But she's on Trailer Park Trash. (not a real show,but shouldn't it be?)

7 hours ago, rideashire said:

That little smile from Jorge after Anfisa smacked the shit out of him is all the proof I need to know he likes that sort of thing. I'm convinced he gets off on it. Which might actually work out for them because she seems capable of dishing it out....but he's a lying liar that lies, so....

When she got up and he flinched I laughed out loud at my tv. I don't condone violence, but there's something about this guy that just makes me want to high five her for that smack and see her take everything he has left (however little that may be) and leave him penniless and alone. He set himself up for all this and somehow can't seem to wrap his brain around what he's done wrong. Blaming her for spending his money or still being upset about finances, like she should just love him no matter what and overlook the fact that he's broke as hell.

Nah dude. She didn't sign up for that, told you upfront 82728209 times why she was there and what she expected, and you continued to lie to her. But she should still love you?? (here's a hint, she never loved you in the first place, and she never lied about it either.)

Sigh, these two are the gift that keeps on giving. I am curious how this will all play out.

This. He's all hurt because she doesn't love him for him? She's been saying in no uncertain terms from day one what she expects. He in turn has lied and dissembled. And he gets that look on his face like a fourth grader who is called on and doesn't know the answer. Very unattractive in a grown man. 

His bleating that he wants to stay married to her for the rest of his life was both pathetic and creepy. He's trying (unsuccessfully, since he's so dumb) to gaslight her. 

Chantel and her whole judgmental, smug, over-involved, snotty family can take a flying leap. Her little brother is such a drama queen. He hates Pedro? Why does Pedro have to do all the work? He's working two jobs and they are all rolling their eyes because he's not coming to dinner? The basketball game was cringeworthy. River is a colossal douche. "Come and play basketball with me, I'll insult you and be appallingly rude, then dis you for quitting. Chantel, honey. You are married now. You need to take your husband's part. Pedro. Run.

I used to like Pao, I liked her hustle and she and Russ seemed to work. Now she's acting like a spoiled teenager. A not too bright teenager. Suddenly her agent isn't returning her calls? Shocking.  

• Love 9

I feel differently about Russ than do most posters on this site.  He wasn't interested in nice ordinary girls in Oklahoma.  He wanted a sexy firebrand.  My guess is that there have been many women who were interested in him, but he probably refused to give them a second look.  I don't feel sorry for him. Actually,  I love seeing him get what he deserves. 

11 minutes ago, Swim mom said:

I feel differently about Russ than do most posters on this site.  He wasn't interested in nice ordinary girls in Oklahoma.  He wanted a sexy firebrand.  My guess is that there have been many women who were interested in him, but he probably refused to give them a second look.  I don't feel sorry for him. Actually,  I love seeing him get what he deserves. 

You do recall that he met Paola while he was living and working in Colombia, right? Also, there's a reason for the expression "the heart wants what the heart wants": You can't really help who you fall in love with.

• Love 9

Why why why would Jorge claim he wants to be married to Anfisa for the rest of his life.  She has not given him one ounce of respect, not one moment of joy, they don't share in anything, nothing about her is attractive, and now there's violence. He's pretty pathetic.

Chantel is so immature.  They boned on vacation, and that means they need to get married?  it's a fling, nothing more. 

Pao will NEVER be a model.  Dime a dozen down there in Miami.  What kind of a marriage is that, her there, Russ back in Oklahoma?  so she can party?  Absurd.

I like Alexei.  I think he is very thoughtful, his English is very strong, he found a job...  Yeah, the whole "dual strippers" thing is stupid, and he's not being fair, but she is insufferable.

These couples certainly aren't what marriage is all about.

• Love 11

OMG, I just want to shake some sense into all these fools...

Pao and Russ - Hanging out with other "models" and dying your hair blonde is not a job. Both of them should be focused on getting a real job, even if it means they live apart for a while. I know many people who have done this. One of my colleagues has lived apart from his wife for 2 years because both are college professors and it has taken this long for them both to get appointments at the same university. Russ has an engineering degree. I realize that his specialty is petroleum and Florida has none of that, but if they are dead set on Miami, there are a ton of engineering firms and utilities in the area. Even if he has to work as a tech, it's better than sitting in an empty house looking for a non-existent buyer. Miami is uber expensive, its going to take two incomes to live there. I loved how Pao dismissed the prospect of a second job, because Russ won't like it. Well, Russ is gonna like not having any money less than Pao slinging drinks.

Chantal and Pedro - Mother Chantal is still wearing that very odd mini cowboy hat. Brother Chantal sure does think his opinion matters. They all need to STFU. 

Danielle - I am so over her and Mo. It was over long ago. They are simply acting for the cameras. Does Danielle have Tourette's? Her face seems twitchy to me. I love that she filed for an annulment yet again, because she has figured out that he will call her and be civil with her for a couple of days. I wouldn't want to be a court clerk in that jurisdiction, with all the filings and pulling the filings on her behalf. They probably have an office pool regarding the next time she will walk through the door and what kind of action she wants to file. . 

Loren and Alex - no storyline, so they manufactured the stripper thing to get on TV. WTF is wrong with those two. She wants to be in NY. They are young and healthy, both can work. Get off your ass, make a plan and work for your damn goal. All Loren does is sit all day in her parent's hideously 1970s decorated condo and moan about what she likes and doesn't like. 90 day Fiance is a way to get freebie trips to NY. Snore.  

Jorge and Anfisa - She is crazy and he is a liar. The more they talk, the more I realize he lied to her, told her he was a millionaire. Made all kinds of promises. She wants the green card, but I think her main interest is reeling in a sugar daddy. It wouldn't matter to her if he was in the US or Timbuktu, if he was willing to shower her with cash, she would get a green card to live on the moon. Yes, she is nuts and it's over the top abusive, but seriously WTF, Jorge tells her  he is going to the garage and then leaves? I mean, I would be a crazy banshee too if my husband did that. But the difference is that my husband would turn off the phone. It's like he wants to be tortured by her. My take on Jorge is that he has never had any luck with American women, so he wrote them off as mean old feminists and dove into the mail order bride market. And Anfisa has sex with him. Getting it on the regular when you haven't ever before in your life can be powerful. Jorge is willing to do and say just about anything to make sure that he keeps getting it. Does he give her no money at all, not even enough to catch an Uber? if that's true, I find that disturbing. She is vile, he is deranged. 

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, Lesia said:

Pao will NEVER be a model.  Dime a dozen down there in Miami.  What kind of a marriage is that, her there, Russ back in Oklahoma?  so she can party?  Absurd.

Well, I've had to live apart from my wife on several occasions because of work. It only lasts as long as necessary until I can move her to be with me. It sucks and it's harder than living together and it takes more work to maintain the marriage, but it's doable and I don't really fault them for doing it. Many people aren't willing to do it, and the marriages don't survive for some of those people.

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

Chantal and Pedro - Mother Chantal is still wearing that very odd mini cowboy hat. Brother Chantal sure does think his opinion matters. They all need to STFU. 

Danielle - I am so over her and Mo. It was over long ago. They are simply acting for the cameras. Does Danielle have Tourette's? Her face seems twitchy to me. I love that she filed for an annulment yet again, because she has figured out that he will call her and be civil with her for a couple of days. I wouldn't want to be a court clerk in that jurisdiction, with all the filings and pulling the filings on her behalf. They probably have an office pool regarding the next time she will walk through the door and what kind of action she wants to file. . 

@poeticlicensed, I cosign every word, but I laughed like a hyena over the image of the court clerk's office staff ponying up for the newest Danielle pool. Can you just hear the smothered giggles and hear the computers pinging with the new email notifications? "she's here again!" "omg, I'm going to the water cooler, brb". It must bring some interest to the day. 

And as to Chantel's mother and brother--her millinery choices are questionable indeed. But her snotty "here in the UNITED STATES families reach out to one another when a couple gets engaged!" takes the cake. Um, I don't see you "reaching out" to Pedro's family. She has appalling manners. No wonder Chantel doesn't know how to behave. River's opinion does seem to matter a great deal to Chantel--more than her husband. River has clearly been the spoiled little prince of the family all his life. His pouting and flouncing about is laughable. Except everyone in the family encourages it. I think Pedro is sweet and a nice guy, too nice for this toxic bunch. Chantel needs to tell her family to stop talking smack about her husband! 

• Love 14

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm starting to feel a bit sorry for Anfisa. Her behavior is unacceptable, she obviously needs to learn how to react appropriately.

Jorge "met" her when she was working as a Cam-Ho, sorry, Cam-Model and after she ignored his numerous messages, he told her that he is a (multi-) millionaire and that he will buy her anything she wants. She mentioned that many times during the show and he didn't take the opportunity to come clean. As vile as Anfisa can be, she didn't lie to Jorge; she was very clear about the basis of their relationship. He trapped her and he feels that he now has the upper hand. What is she going to do? Get a divorce, go back to Russia to live with Grandma and return to Cam-modeling? The green cards the fiancées are getting are conditional green cards. After two years, the conditions will be removed if the requirements are fulfilled. That means Anfisa would have to stay with Jorge for at least that long before she could get an unconditional green card that isn't tied to her marriage to Jorge.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        This also why I'm confused why Mohamed thinks he will be allowed to stay if he gets a divorce. When his two-year conditional green card expires and needs to be changed to to an unconditional green card he may not qualify if he is no longer married to Danielle. 

Paola is becoming rather annoying. Supposedly she moved to Miami to become a model to help pay the mortgage in OK. When she gets there she is told that she should get a job, or two, because the modeling isn't going to pay the bills. She didn't notice during her previous visits that her model friends all had jobs? She keeps saying that she went to Miami for the benefit of their relationship and that she has been really busy. Then she admits that she hasn't had a single paid gig. So, she has been busy with what? Partying every night?  Going clubbing with other models is going to land her a paid gig?  Because legitimate marketing/advertising professionals typically search for models at night-clubs?  That's where modeling agencies come in: when marketing needs a model, they look through the agencies' portfolios, they don't search the bars and night-clubs. When she allows her friend to call Russ a peasant and generally put him down, she shows her character and it isn't pretty.  I do understand that Paola misses her culture. I have lived in five countries, on three continents and it isn't always easy to live in foreign country. If she feels that she can't be friends with Americans, did she reach out to OKC's large Latino community?  According to the OK Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, there are 400,000 Hispanics in OK and 170,000 in the OKC area. Surely Paola could have found some contacts if she had tried.         

Apart from Alexei, who I think is an EMT or some such thing, did any of the fiancées have a steady job, or career in their home country? Anfisa was a Cam-Model; Paola designed fashion/shoes?, presumably as unsuccessfully as she is as a model; Pedro was life-guard at the beach; Mohammed did what?   Nobody has an actual education?

• Love 7
50 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

I loved how Pao dismissed the prospect of a second job

I took this as a code word that she's a sex worker. That and hanging out with other "models" in bars and partying in public. That's how you snatch the generous clients.

• Love 7
(edited)
58 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

It's like he wants to be tortured by her.

Oh yes. He told the cameras that his lie about the garage was a one that begged to self-reveal in short order, and predicted her reaction.  So. HE PLANNED IT ALL. Knowing full well what would happen in the future, he CHOSE to tell her a stupid line (he could easily have told her he's delivering some weed) and then when she was upset exactly how he knew she would be, he CHOSE to take all her phone calls and immediately doubled back, forgot about the lawyer and went home as he had planned for all along. He was not complaining about how "crazy" Anfisa was. He was boasting. He was relishing very moment of being so put upon. He probably had a throbbing boner the entire time.

59 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

. Does he give her no money at all, not even enough to catch an Uber?

He promised her a 100K engagement ring, and won't buy her a strip of bus tickets.

Edited by Toaster Strudel
  • Love 12

Alexi and Loren - GROW UP LOREN!  Why, in the name of all that is good and holy, did you bring up the stripper thing AGAIN with Alex?  And why are you pushing your friend in him?  He does not like her, let it go.  "We almost broke up over this once...." SO LET'S BRING IT UP AGAIN!!  Dumbass.

Pao = ugh.  You are not a model, you married a great guy from OK, accept it. 

Mo/Danielle - ugh to the tenth degree.  Just let each other go.  Mo, get a better job and keep your tank full of gas.  Danielle, let him go.  You are a victim, accept it.

Jorge/Anfisa.  Not much to add to the awesome comments from above.  Jorge is the single most unpleasant American portrayed on this show, EVER.  (I am including Danielle as second place only because she seems lower IQ - I am SPED teacher....she pinged me ASAP!) but Jorge you are the ultimate Ugly American.  Strap a camera around your neck, wear sock and sandals and walk around Europe pointing at tourists and you are good to go.  I would be pissed if I were Anfisa and my hubby who claimed to be a millionaire, just announced he was not a millionaire and is in debt.  AND DUDE DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO LIE!!!  Good grief, tell her you are heading to Wal Mart, Rite AId, SOMEPLACE but "going to the garage" then he speeds off?  I would have been a little tweaked, too.  Not screaming like Anfisa but still....what the hell?  I picture Jorge in ten years:  heavier than he is now and all alone with his weird sisters telling him how great he is.  Yuck on all fronts.

• Love 11

One reason immigrants can stay or even come to work here is if your place of employment claims an American cannot do your job.  A large number actors moved here easily due to this.  I don't think Mohamed is in danger of being deported but it is necessary to go through the process is for the show.  TLC  is behind him staying, surely.

I would not be surprised to see another spin off following those who got divorced and what they are doing after their marriage fails.  At this point I would find that more interesting.

Danielle's sister and BIL are a tad smarter than she but stupid to hound her.  Let it go, she will do as she pleases as she should whether you like it or not.  Shunning her does not help but hurts her further.  And more importantly I want to see her a new spin off show!  Lol   

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Danielle's sister and BIL are a tad smarter than she but stupid to hound her.  Let it go, she will do as she pleases as she should whether you like it or not.  Shunning her does not help but hurts her further.  And more importantly I want to see her a new spin off show!  Lol   

I am convinced that it's all for financial benefit derived from the show. Every time one of their ugly mugs is on camera, someone gets paid. 

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

I am convinced that it's all for financial benefit derived from the show. Every time one of their ugly mugs is on camera, someone gets paid. 

Of course!  They get paid and TLC sells advertising.   Reality TV pays very well.  I have no problem with that, they have given me hours of viewing pleasure!  

13 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

but Jorge you are the ultimate Ugly American.  Strap a camera around your neck, wear sock and sandals and walk around Europe pointing at tourists and you are good to go. 

Add that he goes onto beaches and takes photos of all the topless women. Yep that's Jorge in a nutshetll

• Love 2

Forgot to add my hate for Chantal:  like someone else said upthread:  you boned on vacation, no need to marry!  And her line of "It could have been handled better" was the understatement of the year, almost on par with Jorge claiming to be a millionaire.   You threw Pedro under the bus, own it.  And River?  SHUT THE F&CK UP.  You are not street, you are not a thug stop your trash talk.  (How tough can you be with a name like River?) 

Chantal:  Go shoot hoops and fix my mess

Pedro:  I play baseball, not basketball

Chantal: Go shoot hoops and let my brother verbally degrade you

Pedro: But I like baseball, isn't baseball an American pastime, too?

Chantal:  Go shoot hoops, it is going to be all about me from now on

Pedro:  Don't forget to tell your parents the ugly names my mother called you and your family, that will help a lot!!! 

Chantal:  Go shoot hoops!!!

• Love 17
(edited)

Give Jorge a break. All guys lie when they want sex. At least it wasn't a lie when he said "I'll take you to America and put a ring on it".

Chantal's mother...NOT!

mrs chantal.jpg

Edited by checker
pic
  • Love 4

How stupid was Anfisa to believe Jorge in the first place? 

Every guy on the internet is rich.  She got the putz she deserves.

If Pao went to Miami for a REAL JOB and had to leave her husband, then sure, couples do what they need to do to earn a living.  I get that.   But she's partying.  please.

• Love 5

I was actually team jorge knowing hes a bird brain but now i hate both!! Anfisa is so annoying she needs to go back to russia..

Danielle is just trying to stand up to mo but if he told her i want you back she would run to give him gas...and move him j to her futur trailer...

Russ and Pao are so different im not sure if this will work.. in my opinion russ looks more gay then mo..

i have to say i love pedro

• Love 1

Pao spend $450 bucks for her hair??? Who paid for that? I noticed it looked like crap when she was on the bed talking to Russ. Not the same Colour and very thin and scraggly.

Girls like her are a dime a dozen in Miami. She is 30 plus and will not make a living at a model. She could make good money as a bartender.

Russ is a schlump and needs to wise up and move to Seattle.

Anfisa's face is melting and she needs to go back to Russia. He has no money and never did. She was up front from the start and he lied to her from the start. He got into debt trying to impress her.

• Love 1
(edited)
16 hours ago, greekmom said:

Chantel & Pedro - I still think brother Chantel might be a bit of "flower in the attic" for the sister. Just get over it.

Squeegy, squeegy, funny as hell.

12 hours ago, Trampolina said:

I think Mohammed is a POS but Danielle makes me cringe every time she's on the screen.  First of all, those crazy faces she makes when Mohammed is talking freak me out and secondly, when I look at her all I can think of are smelly, leaky lady parts.

OMG!  Me too.

7 hours ago, MrSmith said:

As for him getting "a job, any job", that's a lot easier said than done. When you've got the education that he surely has for the job in the oil industry that he had, retail and fast food places won't talk to you. I have a Bachelor's in Computer Science and when I was between jobs, I couldn't even get a job at McDonald's. The thing is that there are so many people still looking for "a job, any job" that fast food can actually reject you because you don't have enough recent fast food experience. This even happened to the oldest of my two brothers-in-law who doesn't have a degree, but does have experience in the Air Force as an aircraft mechanic (which also got him management experience). These places won't hire people like Russ, me, or my brother-in-law because we are definitely over-qualified and they know employment with them is a very temporary measure. So you can bash him all you want for not having "a job, any job", but you should be aware that reality is very different. I can understand if you have a hard time believing that because I had to put up with disbelief from all quarters during my time unemployed: my parents, my siblings, my friends, and all of her extended family. (Her immediate family was on my side, in part because they saw the effort I was putting into finding "a job, any job" and in part because of her brother's difficulties finding "a job, any job".)

You are absolutely right!  I was layed off of a professional job that takes a Master's degree and state certification.  I can't get any job.  Even the video store said no.

4 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

@poeticlicensed, I cosign every word, but I laughed like a hyena over the image of the court clerk's office staff ponying up for the newest Danielle pool. Can you just hear the smothered giggles and hear the computers pinging with the new email notifications? "she's here again!" "omg, I'm going to the water cooler, brb". It must bring some interest to the day. 

That is absolutely what is happening.  Now can we get in on the pool?

Edited by jumper sage
  • Love 6

I'm a little split on the Chantal/Pedro situation. He can barely speak English so I understand how he must feel ambushed all the time.  I can't imagine going to Spain (I don't speak Spanish) and being forced to "love" a group of obviously hostile people. On the other hand, he doesn't seem very interested in at least trying to mend what started out as a relationship pretty much based on lies that he and his wife perpetuated.  But honestly, saying "shut up!" to your brother in law 3 times in the first 3 minutes of playing a "bonding" basketball game is a little -er- rude.

Danielle is so good at this point at putting up a "I'm moving on; I am woman, hear me roar" type front but she's the same puddle of insecurity and doubt as she always was. You know that if Mu asked to move back in she'd be draping herself all over him again in no time. The only thing she has improved upon is the frequency of dissolving into tears. Every person in the universe (with the exception of Danielle herself) sees the glaring obviousness of his doing whatever he needs to so he can get that annulment reversed. He can't contain himself at this point though (I don't know if I could either), so it didn't take much for him to lose his cool with the (?) well-meaning family members, who are only a fraction more tolerable and intelligent as Danielle is.

Loren's vocal fry was making my teeth on edge the entire episode.  She doesn't owe her BFF the least bit of "clearing the air" about the stupid strippers.  Alex is not going to ever greet her with hugs and kisses so just let it go.  Continue to go to NYC (without your husband) to dance and drink in front of the cameras on TLC's nickel for as long as the gravy train lasts.  And stop whining and worrying your way through life.

• Love 5

I don't get it, these brides/grooms that marry someone from a small town in a fly over state, come here to get married and think their life will something that it's not.  At what point did Russ tell Pao that Oklahoma was a bustling metropolis full of trendy clubs and ripe for starting a modeling career?  I am sure he mentioned he lives a small town etc...same goes for Anfisa, if she was smart enough to control Jorge's phone, post on Instagram and Facebook etc...why wasn't she smart enough to Google Jorge, check a prison or court records etc...I have zero sympathy for any of these delusional imports.   

What sort of work does Alexei do?  Why isn't Lauren working?  Why do her parents furniture look like it is arranged like they are always trying to make a dance floor in the living room? What's with the kitchen wallpaper?  Lauren made Alexei's favorite dinner but uses disposables...why, are they both that lazy about doing he dishes? 

I have noticed that it seems to be all younger people participating in this show (with a few exceptions), I would love to see a senior edition of this show.

• Love 13

Bucaramanga has half the population of OKC. I get they are vastly different in where they set, etc, but OKC isn't exactly Podunk, USA, compared to rural Oklahoma.

Wondering if this whole 'modeling career' isn't simply a fabricated TLC storyline.  OKC has a large enough Latino community to have 3 network TV affiliates and several Spanish radio stations, so I call bullshit that Pao can't find enough friends.  I really find it irritating how she keeps on calling it a career. Honey, it's not a career unless you're actually getting enough gigs to make money and making enough money on a consistent basis. It's OK for you to call it a dream or a trial but it's not a career. If she was trying out and getting the parts onTele novellas, I would say that maybe she would have an acting career, but she doesn't really have a modeling career,  as much as she wants to do delude herself to the contrary.

• Love 8

Oh, and Chantal's clenched jaw is a constant source of distraction to me. Who talks like that? And I'm struggling to understand what she and Pedro have to build a marriage on (besides sex).  The constant "baby,baby" talk is exhausting.

jorge and Anfisa are entertaining but honestly, I think they deserve one another. He's looking for a Barbie doll who he can dress up and take out, and she wants an open-ended line of credit. At least she's been honest all along, although I can't excuse the banshee screams and the stalkery, weird behavior of incessantly calling and tracking him. He's just a schlub who has no idea how to relate to women and seems to believe that fighting incessantly, abusing one another, and lying are the foundations of a starry-eyed, forever relationship. He can't be so stupid that he didn't think the gazillionaire act would hold up forever, can he? Well....

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

same goes for Anfisa, if she was smart enough to control Jorge's phone, post on Instagram and Facebook etc...why wasn't she smart enough to Google Jorge, check a prison or court records etc.

Yeah & I wonder if Jorge got her here based on being on 90 Day Fiance. It doesn't seem like she'd be that duped, but I do think the lure of being on American television would get her here to be with Jorge.

2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

What sort of work does Alexei do?  Why isn't Lauren working? 

He's working 2 jobs, I think she said, or maybe that was someone else. But he is working, just not as an EMT like he was in Israel.  I have no idea why she can't find work, unless she's now considering reality TV her 'work'.

10 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I call bullshit that Pao can't find enough friends.  I really find it irritating how she keeps on calling it a career

Reality TV has become her 'career'. This way she can stay in Miami, not work a real job, & have her narcissism indulged. Win-win-win for Pao; not so much for left in the dust Russ.

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Bucaramanga has half the population of OKC. I get they are vastly different in where they set, etc, but OKC isn't exactly Podunk, USA, compared to rural Oklahoma.

Wondering if this whole 'modeling career' isn't simply a fabricated TLC storyline.  OKC has a large enough Latino community to have 3 network TV affiliates and several Spanish radio stations, so I call bullshit that Pao can't find enough friends.  I really find it irritating how she keeps on calling it a career. Honey, it's not a career unless you're actually getting enough gigs to make money and making enough money on a consistent basis. It's OK for you to call it a dream or a trial but it's not a career. If she was trying out and getting the parts onTele novellas, I would say that maybe she would have an acting career, but she doesn't really have a modeling career,  as much as she wants to do delude herself to the contrary.

I would think Pao could work as a translator if the Hispanic community is a large as stated.   Pao has it in her head that she is going to LIGHT! UP! THE MODELING WORLD!  and it ain't gonna happen! She could work in schools, hospitals, lots of places.  Those folks make the coin!  Not modeling coin but she is making zero coin now.  

Talking smack about Russ and not stopping it?  Pao, you are now a witch,  Buh Bye.

6 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

same goes for Anfisa, if she was smart enough to control Jorge's phone, post on Instagram and Facebook etc...why wasn't she smart enough to Google Jorge, check a prison or court records etc.

You would think she would have thought of that!!  

• Love 3

With mj just becoming legal in California, I don't know how Jorge screwed up so bad that his business hasn't grown (no pun intended) by leaps and bounds.  It's worth $150k?  Based on his past history, it's probably even less than that.  He's a total fuckup to not be rolling in the big bucks right now.

Pao should take her agent's advice and get a job as a bartender.  She'd be awesome at that!  Obviously the modeling ain't ever gonna happen but she would kill it as a bartender!  She could party non-stop and dress like a ho and probably make some really good money off the drunk guys.  She's got the flirty, bubbly personality for it too.  Investing in mixology school would be a much netter investment than that dye job.

• Love 17
Just now, Sup wit dat said:

She's also got a buttload of makeup on.  Makes her face look plastic.

Chantal also clenches her teeth, even when she's talking... and it drives me nuts.  I have to look away when she's speaking.  lol 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, KateHearts said:

Oh, and Chantal's clenched jaw is a constant source of distraction to me. Who talks like that? And I'm struggling to understand what she and Pedro have to build a marriage on (besides sex).  The constant "baby,baby" talk is exhausting.

I hate the Baby stuff!!!

I hate watching her talk.

What was with her eye makeup? Made her look weird.  River is a little shit and needs a spanking! Taking advise from a punk like him!

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Forgot to add my hate for Chantal:  like someone else said upthread:  you boned on vacation, no need to marry!  And her line of "It could have been handled better" was the understatement of the year, almost on par with Jorge claiming to be a millionaire.   You threw Pedro under the bus, own it.  And River?  SHUT THE F&CK UP.  You are not street, you are not a thug stop your trash talk.  (How tough can you be with a name like River?) 

Chantal:  Go shoot hoops and fix my mess

Pedro:  I play baseball, not basketball

Chantal: Go shoot hoops and let my brother verbally degrade you

Pedro: But I like baseball, isn't baseball an American pastime, too?

Chantal:  Go shoot hoops, it is going to be all about me from now on

Pedro:  Don't forget to tell your parents the ugly names my mother called you and your family, that will help a lot!!! 

Chantal:  Go shoot hoops!!!

Why didn't they go to the batting cages!?!?!? Oh yeah cause we needed some TLC manufactured drama

• Love 2

Just got back from out of town. First thing hubby and I did (after lengthy pet reconciliation) was watch the last episode on DVR. We're sad, sad people with an already decorated HB to Hell.

WTF George - are you the only one who didn't take Anfisa at her word? Mr. DC astutely pointed out Russian's generally don't do sarcasm. Despite the crazy screeching and other nonsense I'm still Team Anfisa. I did note she's now carrying a little LV purse that's about $2K. Good for you Anfisa! You go girl! Though am I the only one who thinks she's looking a little rough this season? 

Also WTF to Lexie. You had strippers at your bachelor party in Israel, but Loren doing the same was incredibly disrespectful? Mysongist lately? I feel bad for Loren - she's twitching like crazy. My advice is to grow some balls and assert yourself over this nonsense...he can't be that good in bed...

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Not only that, but The University of Oklahoma is nearby in Norman. (My youngest goes there--beautiful campus). Hicksville, OKC ain't.

2 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Gross but not surprising.

Very strange/sad to see this is from Stevie Ryan.

I read about Stevie Ryan this morning. Never heard of her, but sad. Interesting tweet, though.

Chantal's mom sure loves that hat. River's hair is just plain dumb.

Oh, how I wish Nicole and Azan were on this show.

• Love 3

Jesus H Christ on a bicycle... Could Chantel's family be even more of a bunch of raging douchebags? River is such a freaking dick. I never liked Pedro until now. His B of a wife threw (Spelling?) him under the bus, and he's the asshole? Can't stand them. Just how much is Chantel delusional?

22 hours ago, steff13 said:

I find something about Chantel've face really off-putting.  

I thought her makeup was weird, but IDK know much about that stuff. She looked better last year.
Danielle's face is always looking like it's about to melt. And Mo did lose a lot of weight. He was much plumper than that before.

Loren is so freaking dumb... To the exception of Mo, I feel bad for all those poor foreigns thatare stuck here with such shitty apouses (Maybe except Russ, he's sweet. Not the brightest, but definitely sweet).

George's freaking shit eating grin makes me want to be violent. And I am an extremely patient person when it comes to f*ckery.

Urh, why do I watch this?

Oh, yeah. F*ckery. Haha.

• Love 8

Jorge= pathological liar.. he promised her alot cannot deliver but wants the booty

anfisa=Bitch .. doesnt love him never did..although she doesnt deserve any money in post num but not be liable for his debts..

chantel= she needs to get off her high horse.. river never liked pedro.. chantel i think she speaks and her teeth are grinded together.. weird!!!

pedro= im happy he got a backbone and told river hes a snake and hes venom lol

alexei= feel sorry for him he has alot on his plate with loren her torrets her imaturity etc...

loren= immature and u can tell spoiled...

russ= i still think hes gay

pao= wanted to get away from hick town and wants to party and all on credit..

mo= i think hes a manipulator but didnt have no business apologizing to the family.. did they apologize to him  for dani not having money for electricity 

danielle.. i think she has a form of torrets maybe i was look at her face and she does these jerky moves with her mouth and she just wants him back shes not normal and who is her new squeeze from ... from afghanistan? 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Verojama said:

anfisa=Bitch .. doesnt love him never did..although she doesnt deserve any money in post num but not be liable for his debts..

chantel= she needs to get off her high horse.. river never liked pedro.. chantel i think she speaks and her teeth are grinded together.. weird!!!

alexei= feel sorry for him he has alot on his plate with loren her torrets her imaturity etc...

For Anfisa, she never pretended. She always played a straight game, and she was the one deceived (how the tables have turned).

Chantel: I thought it wasn't as bad as it was during her forst season, that weird solid jaw thing she does.

Pedro: Yes! Me to. I was rooting for him from then on. I hope it gets better for him. He asked for none of that.

Alexei and Loren: holy hell. How did they end up together? She's annoying as hell.

• Love 4

Danielle, Mo, Russ, Jorge, Anfisa, Loren, Pao, and Pedro all have good jobs. Based on what I've read on other sites, reality tv pays about 10,000 per episode,  per person.  

It appears that only Alexei and Jorge have jobs outside of tv.

Anfisa was straight up but she asli said she loves him and said she wouldbe a housewife apart from modeling lingerie and apperently she is doing porn now.. but she doesnt even know hos to boil water.. maybe she drained the guy all the trips the  purses watches jewellery hes done alot too eventhough hes not a millionaire

cant wait to see pedro's family with chantel's family..

We can spend all day telling Pao that OKC isn't Hicksville and showing her all of the places she could meet Latino friends, but there isn't any point. She wants to be in Miami. She probably always planned that.  In her head Miami is where fun, sexy, Latino women live. OKC is where boring people live. 

• Love 5

Pao's new hair color cost more than the bleach job because it's got grey in it.  In order to get grey, you have to bleach, then use a purple toner, then dye it grey. It takes time, it's pricey, and it's very hard on your hair. 

3 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

We can spend all day telling Pao that OKC isn't Hicksville and showing her all of the places she could meet Latino friends, but there isn't any point. She wants to be in Miami. She probably always planned that.  In her head Miami is where fun, sexy, Latino women live. OKC is where boring people live. 

Yes. Florida has a huge South American population.  Of course she wants to be there!  I lived in south FL and miss it terribly.   The mix of cultures is a big part of that.  The beautiful island accents from the Carribean cultures were music to my ears.  Russ is going to have to make that compromise, it is America Russ, you can adjust and even like it!  The sound of the ocean and beautiful birds seafood, sand, palm trees, warm weather.....I will stop now, there is more.  

• Love 5

I adore this show b/c I just revel in the mess these people are!  Thanks, TLC!

Loren is lucky Sarah is still her friend.  It is really, really shitty to have Sarah hold the bag and have hypocrite Alex "hate" her.  Woman. Up.  I don't know which thing annoyed me more:  The fact that she blatantly lied about saying she didn't throw her friends under the bus...which...cue tape, or Alex's parting shot was this ridiculous "but I'll always know she lied to me...".  Dude.  Either be pissed and get over it (b/c you had strippers too...hypocrite), or be pissed and walk away.  Being pissed and staying there to either consciously or subconsciously take it out on your partner over time is bullshit.  **petty alert** their wallpaper is just awful...I feel like I'd get a headache in that house. 

Pao makes me actively angry.  What has she been doing in Miami if she isn't working and getting $450 shitty dye jobs?! Miami is not a cheap city to live in, either.  I don't think Russ is going to like it too much.  Her going to the hotel as a "welcome" seemed like a desperate attempt to lead Russ around by his dick to distract from her lack of actual work.   Of course, that seems to have worked thus far, so...

Danielle and Mo...I have no words.  It is the longest trainwreck ever.  As a brown person, I can't figure out if her family is a bit racist or that Mo is that much of a piece of crap.  My guess is that it is some convoluted combo of the two.  Come on, Mo...brown folks have enough trouble these days, can you not make us look bad b/c you are a slimy, toolbag?!  Danielle is so odd, but that doesn't change that she gets some blame here too. 

Jorge and Anfisa had been so amusing to me up until this episode.   The physical, verbal abusive nature of their relationship got a little too uncomfortable.  That said, you make your own fun:  My husband and I do a FABULOUS impression of the two (with me playing Jorge with a dopey voice and he gracing the role of Anfisa with an amazing screeching voice). 

Brother Chantal is creepy af.  I agree with those of you that feel a "flowers in the attic" thing.  Why does he matter again?  Her parents are also enjoying playing the victims.  At the end of the day, I place a good deal of the blame on the way Chantal and her weird clenched teeth talking has handled herself.  She served him up to them like steak on a garbage can, so what does she expect?  In other observations, Pedro sure is learning some fun cursing in English, eh?

I would love to hear how the Nicole/Azan thing ended...b/c you know it did.  I so enjoyed her being the worst and his look of utter despair/keeping his eye on the green card prize.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Verojama said:

Jorge= pathological liar.. he promised her alot cannot deliver but wants the booty

russ= i still think hes gay

pao= wanted to get away from hick town and wants to party and all on credit..

mo= i think hes a manipulator but didnt have no business apologizing to the family.. did they apologize to him  for dani not having money for electricity 

danielle.. i think she has a form of torrets maybe i was look at her face and she does these jerky moves with her mouth and she just wants him back shes not normal and who is her new squeeze from ... from afghanistan? 

Glad to be not the only one who thinks Russ maybe gay...I got no problem with that. Being old school Capitol Hill DC,  most of my male friends are. That's also probably why I think so after watching him over the years...

Danielle definitely has some sort of borderline cognitive disability. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Danielle kept making this weird witch's face in the parking lot when Pedro and her sister were talking.  It was very odd and very ugly. 

And Chantel looks like a completely different person from last season.  When they showed a flashback she used to be naturally, and I stress the word naturally, pretty.  She's either had work done or else just has insanely spackled on makeup.  

I would NOT want to be Anfisa and Jorge's neighbor in that apartment complex.  Those walls are usually pretty thin; I can't imagine having to deal with that yelling probably all hours of the day.  

Edited by Teddybear
one more comment
  • Love 2

I've been married to a Russian for 33 years.  Believe me, they can do sarcasm.  Very well, in fact.

I think most of these story lines are "fake" drama.  Russ is going along with it because it's a source of income.  Danielle and Mohamed - well, need I say more?  I doubt the stripper story is a bone of contention between Alexei and Loren.  He can see she is mad for him.  I like Pedro, I think he is a decent guy.  Chantel loves him, so I think in the end, things will work out for them.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Verojama said:

Anfisa was straight up but she asli said she loves him and said she wouldbe a housewife apart from modeling lingerie and apperently she is doing porn now.. but she doesnt even know hos to boil water.. maybe she drained the guy all the trips the  purses watches jewellery hes done alot too eventhough hes not a millionaire

cant wait to see pedro's family with chantel's family..

When did she ever say she loved him? I really don't recall that (yet, I haven't watched the recent recap, I had better use of 3 hours of my life). What I remember was that bit in the restaurant where she pretty much straight up said you bought me for my body and I came for your cash. 

7 hours ago, TrininisaScorp said:

Pao makes me actively angry.  What has she been doing in Miami if she isn't working and getting $450 shitty dye jobs?! Miami is not a cheap city to live in, either.  I don't think Russ is going to like it too much.  Her going to the hotel as a "welcome" seemed like a desperate attempt to lead Russ around by his dick to distract from her lack of actual work.   Of course, that seems to have worked thus far, so...

This. Nuff' said.

6 hours ago, Teddybear said:

And Chantel looks like a completely different person from last season.  When they showed a flashback she used to be naturally, and I stress the word naturally, pretty.  She's either had work done or else just has insanely spackled on makeup.  

I think it<s the makeup. To me (I have a crappy TV) it looks like she found the cheapest makeup she could afford.

• Love 2