Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)
1 hour ago, TrininisaScorp said:

Jorge and Anfisa...nope.  Not today, Satan.  Moving on...

Giving me life.  *Dead*  

Now on to other things.  Poor Russ.  Paola is showing her true colors and I was getting really pissed off watching what was unfolding when they all went out for drinks and Juan? (the best friend) was shit-talking with Pao translating.  I'm glad Russ walked off.  Pao didn't even have the decency to excuse herself and go after Russ to reassure him.  No bueno, chica.  No bueno.  It's all about you, Paola.  It's all about you.  At least Russ (or as Pao frequently refers to him, Rose) gets that aspect of their relationship.

Paola?  mi amor my ass.  It's just really me, me, me, isn't it?  Chantal's fiance (can't remember his name, Dominican Republic kid) - well, I have a soft spot for him 'cause every time he speaks it reminds me of Ricky Ricardo and I just want him to say "Luuucy, I'm home!"

However, what I don't find cute is that he's sending large sums of money home to his family every month.  I read somewhere (another forum site?) that his mother is an attorney?  Don't quote me but if that is really true it's beyond messed up.  Sure it's a cultural thing, sure send money home if your parents are struggling financially, but I don't think this is the case.

Edited by beesknees
  • Love 3
49 minutes ago, Teddybear said:

Jabba the Rosacea:  "Go home and reunite with your family goat."  WTF??? LOLOL!! 

I laughed so hard when she said that.  It was the best line of the night.  Go Rosie! GO!!!

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Teddybear said:

Jabba the Rosacea:  "Go home and reunite with your family goat."  WTF??? LOLOL!! 

Maybe it's the Midwest in me, but I would totally hang out with Jabba.  Go get some stuffed tater skins and a pitcher of beer.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Teddybear said:

Do you think she thought of that two weeks ago and wrote it down on a post-it, saving it for a time that she was on camera? She certainly seemed pleased with herself. 

Pao is dead to me. What a selfish, self involved, shallow little bitch. 

• Love 12

Alexi- I agree that it would be lousy to have to deal with a kid who had Tourette's, it's not a life-threatening condition... there are so many other worse, horrific genetic conditions that I can think of. I'm hoping that once he settles down he will see that clearly.  She's just so bad at her timing ("let's have a really important discussion RIGHT before your mom comes, in front of the cameras, ok?")  He comes across as an ass, but I think she is a master at blindsiding him in front of the cameras.

Danielle, Danielle... I had such high hopes for you at the beginning of the season when you said you were over it and were proceeding with the annulment.  If you're over it, you don't call him. You don't follow him on Facebook. You don't give a shit about who he's seeing or whether he gets along with your family.  She just doesn't get it, and her familiy does nothing to slap her out of it.  If that were my sister, I'd tell her no, ain't no way in hell I'm meeting your "ex" who you "loved" in an alley behind a pizza joint for a supposed apology.  If I were the friend I'd have grabbed that phone before she dialed, taking his contact info off the phone and said, "NO MORE! Are you Fing crazy?"  They're all loving being TV celebs.

I was happy to get a glimpse of Anfisa screeching, albeit just a little bit, in the car when she wanted her "RED BAG WITH MY MAKEUUUPPP!!!!"  Jorge is somehow getting off on being totally emasculated by her; still, he's a phony lying slob who likely knows his days with her (and the TLC gravy train) are numbered. Seems the weed business isn't doing well by him. (And how is he affording $160 bouquets and hotel stays?- although he did pay the hotel with two $100 bills.)

Pao was disgusting this episode. Anyone who speaks in their native tongue about their spouse, snickering all the while, is a despicable person.  And her translations?  "He says you gained weight. He says he questioned our relationship." Yeah, you aren't obligated to translate the shitty things your "best friend" says about your husband. And stop saying "I'm staying!  This is home!" as if your husband has no say in the matter. I feel bad for Russ but on the other hand, anyone who allows himself to be humiliated and emasculated on television has something wrong. He constantly has a hangdog, beaten up presentation; maybe if he had a nice corn-fed Midwestern girl he'd shine- but Paola brings out the very saddest and worst in him.

• Love 14

It is so bizarre to me that Paola went from being a sweet, fun woman to an obnoxious jerk. Russ didn't deserve how he was treated and her friends are assholes. I speak 4 languages and refrain from speaking them in mixed company out of respect for friends who don't understand. No one wants to feel like they are being talked about and mocked in another language.

• Love 10

1.  Russ:  "I'm comfortable in my skin and in my cowboy boots."  He wins.

2.  Danielle.  Stop looking up Mo on social media and getting pissed.  What do you expect to find?  And her friend grabbing the phone telling Mo to stop bothering Danielle.  Um.....she called HIM!  

3.  Alexei needs to learn to take a moment before he speaks.  I get that he was blindsided by this news, but this will happen all through life...unexpected bad news.  Think before you talk.  

• Love 12

Russ and Paola are a bad match. They just need to get divorced. He will be miserable in Miami and she is never leaving Miami unless she gets deported. It was a bad match from the beginning. They should cut their losses now.

Alexei is a much bigger asshole that I thought. I used to place most of the blame for the issues in that relationship on Loren, but Alexei is a douche.

All of these relationships are just doomed.

• Love 4
(edited)
7 hours ago, bethster2000 said:

Maybe it's the Midwest in me, but I would totally hang out with Jabba.  Go get some stuffed tater skins and a pitcher of beer.

Oh my gosh, Bethster. I was reading comments from the bottom up on my phone and saw this before I saw who posted it. I said to myself "Me too, she'd be a hoot to go out with." Then I saw it was you who posted. Guess we Indiana girls like loud friends at the bar. 

Edited by jacksgirl
  • Love 2

I felt for Loren, especially as someone who also has a medical condition that increases the risk of first-degree relatives of having the disease.  She should have told Alexi about it with a physician or genetic counselor - someone that could answer any questions or concerns that either of them have. Her approach of being all nonchalant and talking about it while making the bed was completely misguided. It was a lot for Loren to digest, but it's also a lot for Alexi to digest too and what they needed was someone who actually knew something to support them both. Instead it ended up with Loren pleading with Alexi, when he should have been her shoulder to cry on.

I can't get over that neither Loren or Alexei bothered to Google that question before now. Loren just took her dad's word for it. Doesn't Loren see a doctor for medication for this? She never asked that question? Alexei never googled it? Honestly, it almost seems fake to me. But they might really be that dumb.

• Love 4

There were never two more mismatched people on earth than Russ and Pao.  They need to end it now. Pao is exactly where she wants to be and is never going to move away from Miami and Russ is never going to mold her in to the sweet mid-western housewife he wants her to be.  I wouldn't be surprised if Pao eventually goes back to Columbia to be with her bestie because she's not going to make it as a model and actress. Well, actually, she is an actress right now, so I take that part back! 

• Love 4

If my spouse called in two camera men and then proceeded to tell me, in my non-native language, that there is a chance that our children may suffer from something that HE suffers from and describes as a horrible, HORRIBLE, condition,  I probably wouldn't come off looking so great. Alexei has never described touretts as horrible, Loren has. As a matter of fact,  Loren daily describes her condition as nearly unbearable.   Perhaps Alexei was trying to express how hard it will be for the children,  not how hard it will be for him.

Until I see more, I'm still team Alexei.

• Love 1
(edited)
18 minutes ago, Swim mom said:

If my spouse called in two camera men and then proceeded to tell me, in my non-native language, that there is a chance that our children may suffer from something that HE suffers from and describes as a horrible, HORRIBLE, condition,  I probably wouldn't come off looking so great. Alexei has never described touretts as horrible, Loren has. As a matter of fact,  Loren daily describes her condition as nearly unbearable.   Perhaps Alexei was trying to express how hard it will be for the children,  not how hard it will be for him.

Until I see more, I'm still team Alexei.

I agree. If anything, Alex has shown repeatedly that he accept Loren and that he didn't think Tourette's was a big deal. She had repeatedly made it seem like the disorder has made her life very stressful and difficult. Based on that, I think Alex freaked out just thinking about how their children would suffer.

Loren is very immature. She doesn't know how to deliver what can be difficult information to hear in an adult manner. She should have shown more respect for the situation and spoken to him off-camera. It's also not smart to deliver news to your spouse while doing chores...like the situation merited more sensitivity than that. Alex didn't have the best reaction, but I also think he was placed in a shitty position.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 10

I am a Russ supporter, but wanted to slap him when, after a lull in conversation,  he leaned across the table to Juan and said, "Pao tells me you don't approve of our relationship." SMH - he invited some of that mistreatment as he obviously already knew Juan was a bitch.

• Love 5

Yes. Russ and Paola do need to end it ASAP. Sex is not going to keep them together for the long haul.

I actually like Chantal and Pedro together. I just think Chantal really needs to grow up. She reminds me of my daughter's college roommate--always doing stuff, sneaking behind her parents back like a child. She lies to get her way, and parents have to deal with the hurt and the fallout. Grow up, Chantal.

That being said, I dislike that stupid expectation that kids need to send $ home to the parents. My  husband's family is not foreign but they have that expectation. Nope! Sorry! We have student loans to pay and I work too damn hard for my money. We send them money on birthdays and holidays, and they're not even thankful! They feel entitled to it. My parents aren't that way, and I don't expect that of my grown adult children either.  I know the struggle of Chantal and the lady that married the Jamaican guy. 

• Love 6
12 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Pao is a b$tch talking Spanish to her friend and making fun of her husband, he is right they need too live somewhere they are both happy. Who is paying for your fake modelling career? Oh yea Russ and TLC

Yeah, let's see how much support she gets from her "friends" when the cameras and TLC money are gone.  It's pretty apparent she is not going to make it as a model...at least enough to support herself.  I'm imagining Miami is not quite as great of a place when you have no $$$.  Sometimes you have to live where the jobs are and go to places like Miami on vacation. 

Pao, great way to support your husband...your rude "friends" and "best friend" make fun of him, enough that he walks out, and you don't even leave with him, continuing to party.  It is obvious what her priorities are. Sorry sweetheart you are just one of the crowd there in Miami,approaching your expiration date as a model unless you want to go into the adult entertainment business.  Stop with the interviews about how much you miss your husband...actions speak louder than words.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, shannew said:

Anfisa gave me life....MY RED BAG WITH THE MAKEUP!!!!##????

That was gold! But, I don't understand why Jorge had to ask her for a key. Does he not have a key to their apartment? When he came back after spending the night at the hotel, he rang the doorbell. I guess Anfisa has the only key to ensure he can't get in after she kicks him out every few days.

Russ needs to go back to Oklahoma, file for a divorce and move on. Pao wants to party in Miami with her bitchy bestie and made it clear that no way, no how would she ever leave. She's a selfish brat with an overinflated ego and thinks she can make Russ do whatever she wants by arranging a few expensive nights of hotel sex every couple months. Using Russ's credit card, of course. She doesn't give a shit that they own a home together and are both responsible for paying for it. She expects Russ to just walk away from that obligation, move to Miami, take a bartending job and work his ass off so she can party with her Latino pals. That way, they can hang at the bar he works at, talk about him in Spanish while he slings their drinks and expect to drink for free.

I really don't get the whole Family Chantal thing. How can they continue to blame Pedro for everything when they know  their daughter was the one that lied to them?  Pedro gets interrogated every time they're together. I wouldn't go to their interrogations family dinners either.

Danielle really needs to go to a therapist. Her daughters tell her they don't want to talk about Mahammit and she just keeps blabbing on about him. The minute they're gone, she decides to call him because he posted a pic with a new mark. Yet, she claims to have a new boyfriend. She really gets off on having the power of possible deportation to hang over his head.

Alexi and Loren, yawn. She has the maturity of a tween and I'm really tired of watching her cry.

• Love 14
(edited)

I think Russ needs to get a job, move to wherever that job is located, divorce Pao, grieve, and then make a new life for himself away from any cameras.

Sorry for the repeat Lovesnark, we were typing at the same time.

Edited by Swim mom

If Russ wanted a relationship to work with a Colombian woman, he should have found someone who lived in the rural plains of the country, instead of a city party girl. It's so crazy how these Americans travel internationally to some of the biggest cities in the world, find love while partying on vacation, and drag their city loving foreigner back to their podunk towns in the middle of nowhere, thinking that just by being in America the international spouse comes out ahead.  Um, no. 

Instead of letting Paola go to Miami, they have both should have moved to another city that had something for BOTH of them. This relationship is doomed. 

• Love 12
Just now, GracieK said:

Really Pao? Russ's friends treated you the way Juan is treating him? So they insulted and disparaged you in front of Russ in a language you couldn't understand and called you fat while Russ sat there and giggled about it with them? Please, bitch. No one is buying your poor persecuted routine. And while finding a place to settle down is a compromise and I don't think she should have to settle on Oklahoma, there are plenty of compromises to be made. A warm climate and a coastal city that isn't quite as expensive as Miami can be found all over the country. And now she wants Russ, who has paid for an education and has an engineering degree to take a bartending job?? Why don't YOU get the bartending job just like your "agent" suggested since you're the one with limited marketable skills and income potential. Ugh at this point I don't even know what Russ sees in her. She's an asshole. 

All. Of. This.^^^ !  My hate grows for Pao every episode.  How dare she tell Russ to get a bartending job? Oh, and where exactly is she really living? With all those model wannabe girlfriends?  I really wish Pao would find herself some rich old Miami sugar daddy who will use her and then dump her by the time she's 35 for some younger, hotter, 22 year old!  Payback is a bitch, Pao! 

• Love 14
14 minutes ago, loki310 said:

If Russ wanted a relationship to work with a Colombian woman, he should have found someone who lived in the rural plains of the country, instead of a city party girl. It's so crazy how these Americans travel internationally to some of the biggest cities in the world, find love while partying on vacation, and drag their city loving foreigner back to their podunk towns in the middle of nowhere, thinking that just by being in America the international spouse comes out ahead.  Um, no. 

Instead of letting Paola go to Miami, they have both should have moved to another city that had something for BOTH of them. This relationship is doomed. 

I agree that their relationship is doomed. But, Russ was upfront with Pao about what a culture shock Oklahoma was going to be. She was willing to make the move. Russ was offered a job in Seattle and Pao said no. I live about 40 miles from Seattle and can say that it's a very happening place with an extremely diverse ethnic population. It has a huge Latino community and Pao could have had a lot of fun  if she hadn't been so dead set on Miami.

• Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, lovesnark said:

I agree that their relationship is doomed. But, Russ was upfront with Pao about what a culture shock Oklahoma was going to be. She was willing to make the move. Russ was offered a job in Seattle and Pao said no. I live about 40 miles from Seattle and can say that it's a very happening place with an extremely diverse ethnic population. It has a huge Latino community and Pao could have had a lot of fun  if she hadn't been so dead set on Miami.

I really do not understand the pull to Miami. Everytime I hear "Miami" I think of the Golden Girls singing "Miami is nice so I'll say it thrice..." 

Really thought that Miami was more for retired people. 

I can see these guys more in Texas, California or Arizona.

Edited by greekmom
Correction. Because the song says thrice, not twice
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, greekmom said:

It totally is mostly retired. Except South Beach which is where all the "beautiful, young" people are.  It's hot and humid as hell down there, too, all year long, there is no break from it  and the traffic is unbearable.  I guess if your choice is between that and Oklahoma, Miami might look pretty good! Plus for Pao there is a very strong Latin community there so she feels more comfortable. 

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, loki310 said:

It's so crazy how these Americans travel internationally to some of the biggest cities in the world, find love while partying on vacation, and drag their city loving foreigner back to their podunk towns in the middle of nowhere, thinking that just by being in America the international spouse comes out ahead.  Um, no. 

To be fair, Russ met Pao while working in Colombia, not on vacation. He was pretty straight with her about the differences between Oklahoma City and Colombia. Pao was ridiculous this episode! "You have to find a job, any job! Bartend if you have to!" Her girlfriends were as silly and vapid as she is. And her bestie? Pure poison.

On another note, I died laughing when Danielle stood idly in the kitchen as her daughters unpacked. Danielle! Unpack a box! Jesus.

• Love 9

After watching UnReal, I'm inclined that most of the emotion we see on this show is, indeed, real, though largely achieved through producer manipulation. 

That's because acting - real, convincing, acting - is hard. There's a reason why the top TV and film stars command such huge salaries: Because acting is hard and takes a lot of dedication to pull off day after day.

What we see is "real" in that it's the real emotions these people are going through, provoked to the max through producer manipulation. If they were really that good at acting, they wouldn't be on this shitshow fer sure, lol.

Russ, it sure sucks when you're married but your "wife" isn't, don't it?

Jorge & Anfisa: A match made in a cesspool. That's why you'll probably outlast all the rest.

Team Alexei. I think anyone has the right to know if their spouse/prospective spouse has any sort of inheritable condition. There's no way Loren didn't know.

Dani & Mo are just the gift that keep on giving. But if somebody would just get those gurlses out of there - you know, like, maybe, their father? - I could enjoy this more.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

To be fair, Russ met Pao while working in Colombia, not on vacation. He was pretty straight with her about the differences between Oklahoma City and Colombia. Pao was ridiculous this episode! "You have to find a job, any job! Bartend if you have to!" Her girlfriends were as silly and vapid as she is. And her bestie? Pure poison.

On another note, I died laughing when Danielle stood idly in the kitchen as her daughters unpacked. Danielle! Unpack a box! Jesus.

Danielle not lifting a finger while her daughters did all the work made me laugh, too. I also think it's hilarious that she believes she can't get kicked out of her trailer because she bought it. She's a dim bulb but she surely has heard the word foreclosure and knows you can lose your home if you don't make the payments. Looks like it's in a trailer park, so she has lot rent, too. If you get behind on your lot rent, they can make you move your house.

I get the feeling that Miami was Pao's endgame all along. She was sure she could lure Russ down there with sex. But, Russ is a grown up and understand that life entails a lot more than cocktails at the hottest bar in town and hanging at the beach all day. When he was talking to her while they were at the beach, he was trying really hard to explain that he doesn't have a job, they have a house to pay for in Oklahoma and that's what has to come first. She was having none of it and flat out said she was not going to leave Miami. Marriage is not a partnership in her eyes. It's all about Pao being drunk and happy!

• Love 18

Loren and Alex have sad news for his mom; Russ and Pao struggle to get back on track; Chantel learns that Pedro has been keeping secrets; Danielle sees a lawyer as the pressure mounts for Mohamed; Jorge is caught between Anfisa and his sister.

Chantel and Pedro's families get off to a rocky start in the Dominican Republic; Jorge and Anfisa rethink their relationship; Loren and Alexei receive disheartening news; Danielle and Mohamed prepare for court; Russ tries to support Pao.

(edited)

Why is Mo in New Port Richey FL? I thought he went to Miami. NPR is a suburban bedroom community of retirees and families. I looked up the demographics and it's 90% white and the median age is 46. I cannot imagine he gets to meet a lot of people who he can connect with. Compare that with a diverse city like  Orlando, where it's 55% white and a whole bunch of other ethnicities, plus has a large middle eastern population. Median age is 32. And I'm sure there are a lot more jobs for Mo, since Orlando's largest industry is tourism, there are a ton of service jobs. I'm sure it's a better market for an uber driver. I'm speculating that one of his social media "friends" (think woman who is old, fat and white), is paying for him to live in NPR. Otherwise there is really nothing to draw him there. 

I want to know about the money that Danielle took from her family. What's that all about? Did they sign on to sponsor him, but had to give Dani money to clean up her mess to get Mo here? And why in the next episode is she seeing yet another lawyer to talk about getting him deported ? If she was serious about moving on, she would cut all connection on social media and block his number. 

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

Why is Mo in New Port Richey FL? I thought he went to Miami. NPR is a suburban bedroom community of retirees and families. I looked up the demographics and it's 90% white and the median age is 46. I cannot imagine he gets to meet a lot of people who he can connect with. Compare that with a diverse city like  Orlando, where it's 55% white and a whole bunch of other ethnicities, plus has a large middle eastern population. Median age is 32. And I'm sure there are a lot more jobs for Mo, since Orlando's largest industry is tourism, there are a ton of service jobs. I'm sure it's a better market for an uber driver. I'm speculating that one of his social media "friends" (think woman who is old, fat and white), is paying for him to live in NPR. Otherwise there is really nothing to draw him there. 

I want to know about the money that Danielle took from her family. What's that all about? Did they sign on to sponsor him, but had to give Dani money to clean up her mess to get Mo here? And why in the next episode is she seeing yet another lawyer to talk about getting him deported ? Id she was serious oaboyt moving on, she would cut all connection on social media and block his number. 

I believe she borrowed money from her family on several occasions to pay rent, utilities, etc and never paid them back. She may have borrowed from them to finance his coming here with the promise of paying them back when he got his work visa, then he ran. So, the family is blaming him when the blame should really fall on Danielle's shoulders. Yeah, Mahammit should have coughed up when he was working instead of using it to get to Florida. But, ultimately, Danielle was the one to borrow the money. 

53 minutes ago, greekmom said:

I really do not understand the pull to Miami. Everytime I hear "Miami" I think of the Golden Girls singing "Miami is nice so I'll say it twice..." 

"Miami is nice, so I'll say it thrice...." 

Yes, I don't get the pull of Miami. It seems like a nice place to visit, but not live.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, mrsh said:

Yes, I don't get the pull of Miami. It seems like a nice place to visit, but not live.

There's vacation Miami and real Miami. Most people who live in Miami do what everyone in the rest of the country does, they get up, go to work,  pay bills and some have kids. It's just that the weather is warmer and the traffic is bad and it's super expensive unless you live way out of the city. Vacation Miami is what Pao wants and thinks that Miami is. Hanging out in clubs and being a model is not the real Miami

• Love 10
15 hours ago, SuzyLee said:

You can just tell that Juan is only there to appear on TV.  Pao is very naive if she thinks he's her true, true friend.  I don't know what she thinks marriage means.  As for Ross, he needs to locate his balls, stat.

Pao went right along with her friends laughing and disrespecting Russ. And why didn't she get up and follow her husband when he walked out?  She is a bitch and Russ is too good for her.

• Love 11
(edited)

Alexei and Loren make my head hurt. Loren - Tourette's isn't a fatal disease. Her's mostly seems to manifest in random twitches. Calm the fuck down about it. Think of all the people in the world who would love to have your looks and life. I know a 45-yr old quadrapelpegic (accident when 14) who thinks every day is a blessing. And I hope Alexei just still doesn't grasp his English that well yet. You'd blame her for a child with the same thing? Like it's a terrible thing? I agree with the poster above who mentioned breast cancer. What about a child with Down's? And it's a 50% chance a child of hers will carry the "gene" - not have it. Idiots (or mysonginist idiot in his case).

Still loving Anfisa. Danielle and her creepy smirk need to get over it. I used to feel bad since she obviously has some sort of cognitive disability. But please...she loves the drama. You were talking about your boyfriend moving in with you. Mo's sleazy and no prize - but I can kinda see where he's coming from now. I think he was referring to Danielle apparently took out a credit card in her deceased parent's names? And I'm sure borrowed money (what little they had) from the rest of them.

Glad to see Pao finally showing her true colors. Russ move on - since I still think he might be gay - maybe he'll find himself and a nice boy in Miami...one who appreciates his cowboy boots and nice mid-western ways.

1 minute ago, Jennifersdc said:

Edited by Jennifersdc
  • Love 3

This is seriously entertaining TV, made even more so by the characters' willingness to participate in obviously scripted story lines. I guess no country is immune from trailer trash! A casting director's dream.

Loren/Alexei -- was there any evidence that Loren honestly has Tourette's? I fast forwarded through a lot, so I probably missed it. But that would be a disease not difficult to fake for plot value. And she can't have a bachelorette party when he did? Gimme a break.

Pao/Russ -- Can't believe Pao is actually that mean, that's got to be scripted (I mean, be nice to Russ or he'll dump you and off you go back to Colombia). I'll bet Russ and his family are rueing the day he got trapped into the TLC contract...he's one who really could go out and find work. He doesn't set off my gay-dar at all, I think he's a genuinely nice, true, and well-brought-up young man. That said, the pull of Miami is that it's such a Latino mecca, centered around Cuban emigres -- which in turn draws South and Central Americans and Puerto Ricans. There's no other area in the US outside of states bordering Mexico (I live in LA) with a more vibrant Hispanic culture. The one plus for Russ out of this side trip to Miami is that he might have seen more of what's out there, are relocate to a more metropolitan area where he'll have more social choices.

Danielle/Mo -- TLC's probably Danielle's only chance ever to make a decent income. If you were producing/writing for the show, you'd be scrambling for conflict and story lines there, because they've pretty much exhausted the obvious trashy stuff. I think even Danielle, who is definitely compromised in some way, realizes he ain't comin' back no Mo. And it really is unethical to contract with someone so obviously challenged. Of course Danielle cannot afford a lawsuit against a network Goliath, but I bet some mental health organization could. TLC's legal dept must be squirming.

Anifsa/Jorge -- God, who knows? Why on earth does Jorge want the Tasmanian devil tornado of rage? They do seem rather well-matched tho; she's needy and he's dumb enough to give her whatever he can dredge up. And I live in weed-epicenter LA -- if you can't make it in the burgeoning pot business (people get SERIOUSLY rich doing it) then try something else.

Chantal/Pedro -- seriously, sushi as a contentious story line? Really scraping the bottom of the barrel, and sending money home is such a hackneyed story. Pedro seems nice enough, but not very bright. Maybe he can hang in there (since they appear to be in a legit marriage, though who knows) long enough to be able to stay, and then move on to new people/things.

All of this said, I had a great Uber ride the other day with a driver who is a freelance reality casting director. She said almost nothing you see onscreen is real, but she loves the business.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, greekmom said:

I really do not understand the pull to Miami. Everytime I hear "Miami" I think of the Golden Girls singing "Miami is nice so I'll say it thrice..." 

The retirement community is probably larger than other areas due to the weather, but it's not just mostly retirement.  In addition to the retirement community there are a lot of regular people with families raising kids (Miami-Dade county is 4th largest school district in the country), single people, etc.  Pao and her ilk are representative of the tourist faction of Miami.  They see South Beach and Ocean Drive in the movies and on TV and think that's all there is here.

And it really looks like she's renting a room in someone's house.  That's why she took Russ to a hotel when he came to visit.  It's a popular thing to do down there for college kids and young people just starting out, but not for someone who acts as if they are going to make it big.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

It totally is mostly retired. Except South Beach which is where all the "beautiful, young" people are.  It's hot and humid as hell down there, too, all year long, there is no break from it  and the traffic is unbearable.  I guess if your choice is between that and Oklahoma, Miami might look pretty good! Plus for Pao there is a very strong Latin community there so she feels more comfortable. 

Ugh...if my choice was between hot, humid and congested versus Oklahoma, Oklahoma would win.  

• Love 10
1 hour ago, zenme said:

I am all for "marry who you wanna marry" yada, yada, but these assholes who marry these people just for looks--I'm looking at you, Danielle, Jorge, etc., as well as the assholes who marry for money and a green card--Anfisa and Mohammed, that's you, now THAT bothers me that these users think they can get away with using people with no ramifications.  I think the law should make them LIVE together for at least 5 years before they can divorce.  These jerks deserve each other and they need to suffer the consequences of marrying assholes for the money, the green card, or their looks. 

Mohammed: you wanted to use Danielle to get to America?  Well pay up.  You're sentenced to 5 years of smelling Danielle, and making love to her. 

Danielle: You wanted a good looking guy?  Deal with it while he tries to sleep with other women. 

Anfisa: you wanted a rich guy? Deal with Jorge while you live in a hotel and have no money for 5 years while he's paying off debt.

Jorge: you wanted a hot girl?  Live with Anfisa for 5 years while she emasculates and abuses you, and takes you for everything you're worth and then some.

Russ: you wanted a hot girl? Deal with it while she demeans you to others.

Paola: You wanted to come to America? Deal with milquetoast Russ in Podunk, OK while you watch your career and looks fade, and all your friends are having fun in Miami.

I. LOVE. THIS.  (The bolded part is gold, Jerry.)

• Love 6

He obviously thinks that any child of theirs having Tourette's means there's something wrong with the child and that they would be damaged goods. 

He was more specific than that - he said SON. I generally like Alexi. Loren I find to be a whiny brat, but I can appreciate when Alexei is all "nope" to her crazy. No, I'm not going to be a model because you like my abs. No, I'm not moving to NYC because I have an actual job here. No, I don't like your friend and I actually don't have to like your friend as a requirement to being married to you. These are sensible things.  But damn, it's a cold thing when you basically tell your wife that if you have a son with a genetic disorder then you'll blame her because she's a carrier.  

Here's something that makes me crazy with a bunch of these couples - the whole "make good with the family" thing. I know that to a certain extent it's production prompting for max drama, but good god. Mo in no way is required to have a congenial relationship with he crazy, stalking ex's family members. And Pedro is right in staying away from whatever weird-ass dynamic is going on with River and Chantel.  And Anfisa and Jorge are obviously going to end up killing each other eventually, but if she's giving up for cash and prizes and Jorge's down with that, then screw his nosy sisters. 

Somehow me and Mr. Shockermolar have managed to make it through 10+ years of barely interacting with each others' families except on designated holidays. No one needs unnecessary stress for anything other than ratings.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, zenme said:

I am all for "marry who you wanna marry" yada, yada, but these assholes who marry these people just for looks--I'm looking at you, Danielle, Jorge, etc., as well as the assholes who marry for money and a green card--Anfisa and Mohammed, that's you, now THAT bothers me that these users think they can get away with using people with no ramifications.  I think the law should make them LIVE together for at least 5 years before they can divorce.  These jerks deserve each other and they need to suffer the consequences of marrying assholes for the money, the green card, or their looks. 

Mohammed: you wanted to use Danielle to get to America?  Well pay up.  You're sentenced to 5 years of smelling Danielle, and making love to her. 

Danielle: You wanted a good looking guy?  Deal with it while he tries to sleep with other women. 

Anfisa: you wanted a rich guy? Deal with Jorge while you live in a hotel and have no money for 5 years while he's paying off debt.

Jorge: you wanted a hot girl?  Live with Anfisa for 5 years while she emasculates and abuses you, and takes you for everything you're worth and then some.

Russ: you wanted a hot girl? Deal with it while she demeans you to others.

Paola: You wanted to come to America? Deal with milquetoast Russ in Podunk, OK while you watch your career and looks fade, and all your friends are having fun in Miami.

Yep. Technically they are required to live together for 2 years, but I think that there should be random government visits to ensure that the couple is indeed living together. I think that Paola was initially attracted to Russ because in South America, foreign white guys with blonde hair and blue eyes get attention from women, so maybe she was attracted to the "gringo" factor. So I do think it started off as genuine. But a wife should NEVER tell her husband he either has to move to Miami with her or divorce, especially since she isnt even earning any money yet and there is no promise she will. Plus, she is 30 - there arent too many years left to model/act/be in music videos or whatever. She is beautiful but there are 1000s like her in Miami already. 

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Meowwww said:

I must be tired, because Danielle just now crying about Mo, coupled with the scene of her on the couch with kitty.....well that seems the most "human" we have ever seen her. 

WTF to Jorge leaving his OWN apartment that HE pays for, once again, for the 6234566th time.  I just can't, even, with him.  

Right there with you.  The one where she is crying about Mo outside and her hands are shaking?  I felt badly for her.  She looked a mess and so vulnerable.  I am hard on her but then I see stuff like this and am reminded she is not working with a full crew if ya know what I mean and feel awful.  Is it just me or does her daughter with the short hair (Faith?) look like she could be Tyler Baltierra's twin sister?  I am sure Mo's new 'friend' wanted to be on tv and he was an easy avenue.

Again, I forwarded through Chantal and Pedro plus Pao and Russ.  I only watched Loren and Alexei for the 'devastating news'.  Now I don't need to watch them further.  

Anfisa and Jorge?  They totally deserve each other.

• Love 2

If we were to reverse the scenario and any of the men were trying to slap/punch their women, we would definitely NOT tolerate that. I mean, Jorge sucks for lying to her when she has been direct about her desire to be a gold digger, but no one should be getting physically assaulted by their spouse in a legal conference room. 

• Love 3