Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

On 2017-07-04 at 4:44 PM, trimthatfat said:

Russ has a degree in a very specialized field so I would be very surprised if he was able to find work quickly. IMO, if this couple should be moving for anyone's career, it should be for Russ's if only because his work would provide financial stability.  On a side note, I am very curious about what TLC pays because I would bet they're living off of that   

The market for jobs in Russ' field has turned around, especially in the Southern US. 

16 hours ago, Ivanova said:

And this is exactly why American men don't want to marry American women ?

Most American men do marry American women. 

As presented, the issue is that Pedro is just sending money. They didn't discuss it as a couple. That is a problem. 

• Love 19
(edited)

The idea that all Jews in Ukraine who survived WWII were collaborators is ludicrous and must come from poorly educated people. 

Lots of Jews were communists. In Western Ukraine they were shot right away, as communists, not Jews. In Eastern Ukraine, communists fled the advancing Germans. Some Jews were hidden. My MIL's neighbor was a teen who was in another city when the Germans invaded. Her family was shot at Babi Yar. She came back during the occupation and another neighbor said the girl was her daughter, her papers had been stolen. So she assumed a new identity. All the neighbors knew who she really was, and not one betrayed her.  Jews were hidden, and given false identities by the Uniate Church, though those numbers were small because the blitzkrieg was so quick.   Many others  were in the Red Army, marching to Berlin and back. So they of course survived. 

Edited by Real Eyes
  • Love 4
On 7/28/2017 at 8:33 AM, MrSmith said:

Marriage, like all relationships, is about negotiation and compromise. So the married couple should discuss things and make their own decision together.

I agree.  I've been happily married for 21 years.

On 7/27/2017 at 11:51 AM, Palomar said:

Best rule on traveling and arriving in any city, go to the hotel first and unwind before meeting up with any family/friends. It's always best to meet up the next day even if possible.

This 100%.  

• Love 2
On ‎27‎.‎07‎.‎2017 at 5:51 PM, Palomar said:

Best rule on traveling and arriving in any city, go to the hotel first and unwind before meeting up with any family/friends. It's always best to meet up the next day even if possible.  Why would they have gone on this long journey to the grandma's so late at night?  Wait until the next day when you can see the scenery!

6 hours ago, bethster2000 said:

This 100%.  

YES!  My family hijacked me.

14-hour flight for a visit after many years (not a close family - there IS such a thing) and my hotel phone rang 5 minutes after I got to my room. They were in the parking lot.

I was very rattled, to say the least. It's important to let people unwind and gather their wits before family visits!

At least they didn't expect any gifts, although they did mention another relative coming back once with expensive jewellry gifts...

• Love 2

I can only watch this show in snippets.  Just caught, on a rerun, the Chantel's bachelorette party.  Who has a bachelorette party after they are married?  Why did she hide it from Pedro?  I never understood the skanky bachelor/bachelorette parties.  Usually our guys will go fishing or sledding (snowmobiles) with just the guys.  Maybe they will take older male kids.  The girls will go to dinner maybe a spa.  Tonight our bride-to-be is having her do and they are going to a paint/wine party and then to dinner.

Pedro and Chantel's marriage is a marriage of lies on both sides.

57 minutes ago, checker said:

YES!  My family hijacked me.

14-hour flight for a visit after many years (not a close family - there IS such a thing) and my hotel phone rang 5 minutes after I got to my room. They were in the parking lot.

I was very rattled, to say the least. It's important to let people unwind and gather their wits before family visits!

At least they didn't expect any gifts, although they did mention another relative coming back once with expensive jewellry gifts...

What gets me is that you just spent a fortune on airlines and hotels.  This is why if we go to Italy we don't tell the cousins.

• Love 5
On 7/28/2017 at 9:26 AM, checker said:

It's an "Inter-Nup". Chantal got a ring that cost exactly as much money as Pedro had already sent to the DR.

And since Pedro had no credit, why do I get the feeling Chantel will be paying for her own ring on her credit card? 

• Love 3
(edited)
5 hours ago, NotEatingKale said:

man oh man, do I want that theory of Pedro and Sister Pedro to be true...

We all do. We all do. 

12 hours ago, magemaud said:

And since Pedro had no credit, why do I get the feeling Chantel will be paying for her own ring on her credit card? 

She basically did. Chantel opened a line of credit with the store to get the ring.

On 7/29/2017 at 2:36 AM, Real Eyes said:

The idea that all Jews in Ukraine who survived WWII were collaborators is ludicrous and must come from poorly educated people. 

Lots of Jews were communists. In Western Ukraine they were shot right away, as communists, not Jews. In Eastern Ukraine, communists fled the advancing Germans. Some Jews were hidden. My MIL's neighbor was a teen who was in another city when the Germans invaded. Her family was shot at Babi Yar. She came back during the occupation and another neighbor said the girl was her daughter, her papers had been stolen. So she assumed a new identity. All the neighbors knew who she really was, and not one betrayed her.  Jews were hidden, and given false identities by the Uniate Church, though those numbers were small because the blitzkrieg was so quick.   Many others  were in the Red Army, marching to Berlin and back. So they of course survived. 

It's absurd but research intera-Jewish racism/discrimination one night if you're bored.  I can see why Alexi's mother doesn't want to leave the one son behind. 

Is tonight the finale?  I'm going to miss this batch of 90s. 

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 2

I think Chantel and Pedro need to get out of ATL and move away from Family Chantal for about a year. They need to visit a bilingual marriage counselor. These two genuinely have a bit of a culture barrier between them, and don't communicate well, but I do think they love each other.

• Love 4

I missed the first half originally. But I just saw the part with the chicken feet. Are they serious? Voodoo? They're acting like nobody eats that ever. I don't, but I know it's not exactly an uncommon food. They're not difficult to find in the United States. Is voodoo even commonplace in the Dominican Republic. And even if it is, there didn't appear to be any signs that they practice it. And why do they care about the apartment. It's bigger, it's also cheaper there. Giving them all that stuff right in front of everyone was strange, but her family was just rude. None of their weird complaints were really their business. They keep complaining about being thought of as "stupid Americans" but all they're doing is proving that it's true. Everyone was just terrible. Why did they even go if they were just going to be so rude?

• Love 8
(edited)

I so wish Pedro and Chantal had discussed financial support to family members long before they married. A lot of heartache could have been avoided if they have. He is a good son, Chantal is immature but not a bad person. Sad.  Oh, my gosh, Wal-Mart Tom is back! Yay!

Danielle thinks Tom has on blinders. Oh My Gosh. Kettle meet pot. Wow. 

Edited by jacksgirl
  • Love 10

Wait! Pedro's abuela made sancocho and the family Chantel didnt get out of the car?? Their loss.

Chantel wasnt listening to the leave/cleave part of her marriage vows. Pedro is her family now and her when her daddy told her to get back in the van, she should have been woman enough to stay by her man.

• Love 12
11 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

Chantel wasnt listening to the leave/cleave part of her marriage vows. 

Well,  he  wasn't listening to that part either because he obviously cares about his mother more than his wife.    I would be telling him adios and moving on with my life.

• Love 9
(edited)

There's so much disrespect between Chantel and Pedro that I don't even know who is at fault anymore.  Pedro is always gonna chose his momma first, and I actually like that he's a good son, BUT he doesn't seem to understand that his wife should be his first priority now and if she's uncomfortable with where their money is going or with a situation in general he needs to try and resolve that. Not refuse to compromise.

Meanwhile, Chantel's family was being ridiculous at not getting out of the van and I can understand why Pedo's people were like 'wtf is their problem that's rude'. Because it was rude....but they were the ones who served them a plate of chicken feet and called them stupid americans so....who is winning here??? I don't know. I need to keep score better.

Edited by rideashire
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

Chantel and family Chantel are awful people. Pedro's family laid out a nice spread and instead of being gracious and grateful, they fabricate an ugly conspiracy theory.

I'm sorry but I have to disagree. As bad as Family Chantel is so is Family Pedro.  How would Family Pedro feel if they came to the States side and Mother Chantel had Chantel serve them Chitterlings and Traditional burgoo and then laugh when they tell them what it is?

• Love 10

I do hate that Russ is acting like he's taking a job at McDonalds or WalMart...it's still a job in the Engineering field (which yes I know there are many different fields of engineering, my husband is one) but it's better than the NOTHING that he has right now.....I mean I'm not Pao fan but he's kind of grating on my nerves right now...

• Love 10
(edited)

It would help to know how Chantel and Pedro have set up their finances. If they have a joint account and a separate personal account, then what Pedro does with his personal funds should not rattle her cage so hard. If he's contributing what they agreed on Chantel needs to simmer down. If she can buy herself a $3,500 ring, she can send a few bucks back to DR.

If she doesnt like sleeping by the stove, they need to get pen and paper and reconfigure the finances together. 

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, greekmom said:

I'm sorry but I have to disagree. As bad as Family Chantel is so is Family Pedro.  How would Family Pedro feel if they came to the States side and Mother Chantel had Chantel serve them Chitterlings and Traditional burgoo and then laugh when they tell them what it is?

There's too much disrespect coming from both families. Chantel and Pedro need to tell their respective families to behave like they've got some class.

• Love 6

Tom's full of it. 

As far as he knew, Mohammed was traveling around the country for business. Uh...because he's a career guy? Or because Daniel made enough money for him to afford to travel further than Walmart? Even dim Daniel didn't buy that bologna and Tom is almost certainly more astute than she is.

Having sex ONCE, 3 months after the marriage is extremely abnormal. Unless his wee wee fell off. So for Tom to defend that as normal (because men don't need to have sex all the time) is ridiculous. I get WHY Mo doesn't want to get it on with his wife, we all do. But come on, don't try and make her out like she's a sex maniac for wanting it more than once.

Tom is on point telling Daniel to put her energy into her girls, and staying off SM. But he wasn't neutral by any means. If he was, he would admit Mo is a cheater/user and Daniel is crazy. 

• Love 15
5 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

Anfisa is a lying liar. She's had LOTS of work done.

Everything about this woman is unlikable.  Being a liar is the tip of the iceberg.

1 minute ago, Awfarmington said:

Tom's full of it. 

As far as he knew, Mohammed was traveling around the country for business. Uh...because he's a career guy? Or because Daniel made enough money for him to afford to travel further than Walmart? Even dim Daniel didn't buy that bologna and Tom is almost certainly more astute than she is.

Having sex ONCE, 3 months after the marriage is extremely abnormal. Unless his wee wee fell off. So for Tom to defend that as normal (because men don't need to have sex all the time) is ridiculous. I get WHY Mo doesn't want to get it on with his wife, we all do. But come on, don't try and make her out like she's a sex maniac for wanting it more than once.

Tom is on point telling Daniel to put her energy into her girls, and staying off SM. But he wasn't neutral by any means. If he was, he would admit Mo is a cheater/user and Daniel is crazy. 

And he really doesn't need to tell Danielle anything.  She sought him out, she went to his house, it's not like he contacted her to have a discussion about Mohamed.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

Anfisa is a lying liar. She's had LOTS of work done.

I think she is telling the truth about her face. She's still young so there's no need for fillers or Botox. She admitted to the lips. The doctor shouldn't have recommended anything for her, especially a brow lift! She's in her early 20's! No need. 

Im sure she's had breast implants but just doesn't want to talk about it, however, I can believe that she hasn't had anything done to the face, besides the lips, due to her age. 

And what a slimy doctor! Something about him. Yuck. 

• Love 10
(edited)

Random observations:

* Damn, Anfisa's grandmother is a rough customer.  She flat-out called her granddaughter fat.  I would be crushed if my grandmother spoke to me that way.  I guess some families are just more blunt than others.  Still, I hope Anfisa realized how bad it feels to be treated to a volley of verbal abuse.

* It was amusing to see Jorge's demeanor change so drastically when he was with his friend.  I hope he comes to his senses and divorces his Botoxed bitch of a wife.

* I hate to say it, but Chantel needs to get with the program.  I hate to say this, too, but many newly minted American residents do tend to send money back to their families in their homeland.  I've had a front row seat for this practice too many times to not know that it's true.  I'm not saying I necessarily agree with it, but it really is what happens quite often.  I want to like Pedro, but he's making it pretty difficult at the moment.  That being said, Familychantel has behaved utterly disgracefully practically from day one.  I hope they watch these episodes after all the dust has settled and realize how poorly they've behaved.

* Speaking of getting with the program, poor Russ.  I feel sorry for him in a way, but I'm not sure what he expected.  I'm sure Pao wasn't dressed like a nun when he met her in Columbia.

* I love Mohamed's plain-spoken divorce attorney.  "Bound for Tunisia," indeed.  One can hope.

* Danielle was incredibly short-sighted to visit Mohamed's sycophant friend to try to rally him to her side.  Tom was never on Danielle's side and she basically showed her hand in confiding in him, after which he admitted that he will sell her out to Mohamed at the very first opportunity.  I'm not a fan of Danielle's, but as I've said before, the slimeball producers are taking advantage of a developmentally disabled (I truly believe this) woman by continuing to film her.  I really don't know why I'm shocked.

* This Tourette's storyline of Loren and Alex's is wearing thin.  It's almost offensive.  I don't even have Tourette's and I'm offended!  I hope Alex isn't implying that he wouldn't have married Loren if he'd known it was hereditary because it sure as hell does come off like that.

* Wow, today's young women sure do spend a boatload of time lounging around in bed.  Every other scene on modern reality shows is filmed with the female protagonist in bed, actually under the covers.  So odd.

Edited by SuzyLee
  • Love 22
17 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

And what a slimy doctor! Something about him. Yuck. 

Absolutely.   Shady as hell.  And he said "sofTened."  

so....did I hear this right?  Loren's dad said there wasn't an Internet to check on Tourette's and so they only found on recently that it is hereditary?   Didn't they meet just a few years ago (2, 3?)  Um.....Internet has been around a few years more than that.  

• Love 11

Pao strikes me as someone who thinks she deserves to be a model because she's so hot, but has no intention of doing any part of the business that she doesn't think is glamorous, i.e. the actual work she needs to do to support herself - that's what Russ is for.

• Love 22
(edited)
14 minutes ago, SuzyLee said:

Random observations:

* Damn, Anfisa's grandmother is a rough customer.  She flat-out called her granddaughter fat.  I would be crushed if my grandmother spoke to me that way.  I guess some families are just more blunt than others.  Still, I hope Anfisa realized how bad it feels to be treated to a volley of verbal abuse.

* It was amusing to see Jorge's demeanor change so drastically when he was with his friend.  I hope he comes to his senses and divorces his Botoxed bitch of a wife.

* I hate to say it, but Chantel needs to get with the program.  I hate to say this, too, but many newly minted American residents do tend to send money back to their families in their homeland.  I've had a front row seat for this practice too many times to not know that it's true.  I'm not saying I necessarily agree with it, but it really is what happens quite often.  I want to like Pedro, but he's making it pretty difficult at the moment.  That being said, Familychantel has behaved utterly disgracefully practically from day one.  I hope they watch these episodes after all the dust has settled and realize how poorly they've behaved.

* Speaking of getting with the program, poor Russ.  I feel sorry for him in a way, but I'm not sure what he expected.  I'm sure Pao wasn't dressed like a nun when he met her in Columbia.

Clearly the apple didn't fall from the tree when it comes to Anfisa. Jorge is a loser with a felony record, Anfisa is likely the best he will ever do. Pedro's friends seem to have more sense then Pedro and Chantel combined. "Pedro needs to fight for me." How old are you Chantel? This isn't a fairytale, you need to work through your problems together. Poor logical Russ, Pao is a selfish witch get rid of her.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 12
13 minutes ago, SuzyLee said:

I hope he comes to his senses and divorces his Botoxed bitch of a wife.

Perfect description of her!!?????

• Love 5

Shenanigans on the lack of Tourette's info. Twenty plus years ago, yes I am sure info was harder to come by about the syndrome, but the last 5 to 10 years, it has most likely exploded. Alexi and Loren must have no other story line. 

• Love 9
32 minutes ago, Kid said:

Everything about this woman is unlikable.  Being a liar is the tip of the iceberg.

And he really doesn't need to tell Danielle anything.  She sought him out, she went to his house, it's not like he contacted her to have a discussion about Mohamed.

Daniel had to realize that Tom wasn't going to help her get an annulment. It had to be producer driven.  

• Love 4

I hope this show serves as a warning for anyone considering a K-1 Visa. I can't blame the ppl wanting to come here for a better life but their motives seem suspect. 

I don't think that Pedro understands that he needs to treat his wife better than his mother. Doesn't he have other siblings to help support his mother? Dang. A 3 bedroom house. I applaud him wanting to be a good son but he needs to step up to the plate and do more for Chantel. Even if not financially. Emotionally and in general caring. 

• Love 8

Omg! Pedro deserves better than this family. Is family Chantel really that stupid? He's working and paying the bills while she goes to school. USD in the Dominican Republic goes much further than it does in the expensive city Chantel wants to live. This isn't rocket science. Why are they all over his ass?. This is between Pedro and Chantel! Her dad and brother need to step back! Although I wouldn't necessarily want my husband sending money home to his mom, it's still none of family Chanel's business! I am so glad Pedro is telling the little shit brother to keep his mouth shut. I hate how they talk down to Pedro. 

• Love 17

OMG...Jorge is Not going to buy that scheming user that expensive piece of jewelry next episode, is he? Tsk Tsk. It is so sad that he just doesn't comprehend that she is just out for what she can get and he's just feeding into that belief. 

• Love 3

Pedro's phone is broke? Yes, and the check's in the mail!   Apparently, every phone in that town is broken, plus all his friends' phones as well. Not a single phone in town could call Chantel's hotel. Pedro is lying, he just didn't want to call, and he's too childish to admit it.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Nowhere said:

Omg! Pedro deserves better than this family. Is family Chantel really that stupid? He's working and paying the bills while she goes to school. USD in the Dominican Republic goes much further than it does in the expensive city Chantel wants to live. This isn't rocket science. Why are they all over his ass?. This is between Pedro and Chantel! Her dad and brother need to step back! Although I wouldn't necessarily want my husband sending money home to his mom, it's still none of family Chanel's business! I am so glad Pedro is telling the little shit brother to keep his mouth shut. I hate how they talk down to Pedro. 

I think River is the one coming up with the Pedro-is-bad-and-using-Chantel stories. He's skeevy.

• Love 19

I don't hate Anfisa. I think she has some childhood trauma or something that causes her shitty behavior. I do think she wants to be taken care of and I think Jorge lied to her so that really makes me dislike him. Especially when he's babied by his sisters and you can just tell he's always been their little golden boy. The family probably spoiled the hell out of him and now he's a typical privileged male that can get away with crime, lie to women to impress them, and then play victim when he's held accountable for his lies. Anfisa was too young and I believe too vulnerable to make a clear decision. I don't really like her either, but the way they treat her is terrible, calling her a prostitute and such. I think I would be very upset if I were Anfisa. She needs some therapy but she doesn't need Jorge if she wants to heal. I think he's a terrible person. He's just more passive aggressive. Hate to say, I think she actually loves the idiot. He just makes me sick.

• Love 14