Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E03: Week 3: Ellen DeGeneres & More

• Start Topic

Six lucky guys go on a group date to "The Ellen DeGeneres Show," where they strip and dance to raise money for charity. Later, Rachel takes one bachelor on a horseback ride down Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills to go shopping; and Rachel's friends surprise her with a mud wrestling competition between eight bachelors in front of a rambunctious crowd.

(edited)

Ack!  Rachel, a lawyer, just said that one of the guys was "mis-CHEEVIOUS.  I'm done with her.

I don't recall what Alex does for a living but he could have a second career in a Magic Mike show.  He is hot.   

Edited by Ohwell
  • Love 6

Rachel saying she knew that guy from childhood and how bad he was is getting to be over kill . It's every time he's on the screen . 

Yea agreed . The mischievous pronunciation was not good lol . This group  is getting lucky with celebrity guests this season .

calling Peter now as the next bachelor .

that waboom and the other guys exit was the most ridiculous thing ever .. sounded like a scene from a soap opera 

• Love 4
(edited)

Dear Fred:

if she's kissing nearly every guy, maybe a first kiss doesn't mean as much to her?

think about it, dude.

ps. First time seeing this series, I don't know the name of pees in pool guy but he has purple pants on, so hes now Pool Peeing Purple Pants Guy to me. PPPPG

Edited by LilJen
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, LilJen said:

ps. First time seeing this series, I don't know the name of pees in pool guy but he has purple pants on, so hes now Pool Peeing Purple Pants Guy to me. PPPPG

That's Alex.  

(edited)

I saw more sincerity in Fred in one episode...last week...and this week than I have in any of the men.  I understand her struggle, but she knew that night one.  

Edited by catrice2
(edited)

Anthony wearing a cowboy hat and saying "Hop on"?  Um.  Yes.  That was fun

That's too bad about Fred.  I liked him and and I thought he was hot

Alex was twerking on Ellen, LOL.

Rachel's type is so clearly the brunettes (and it's a particular type of brunette that I don't find attractive).  But now that I see the way Alex speaks and moves at least I get him more, LOL.  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 5
(edited)

Enjoyed today's episode except for the wasted time on Blaboom, good riddance to that. Nice smackdown of Demario, awesome Ellen date ( lot of happy women in the audience), the candid elimination of Fred (lmao at him asking permission to kiss), a very unique date with Anthony. There was too much focus on Bryan, who although is a good looker, is just too smarmy imo. Eric can be the next to go, he's annoying.

Edited by dizzyd
  • Love 3

Rachel's entire response to DeMario needs to be cross-stitched on a very large pillow! Big ovation coming from my couch! I don't want to misquote her, but she was on fire with forward for you is not back here in this mansion, it's out there, etc.

"He said I stand over him while he's sleeping and I eat a banana? Well, I know one of those things isn't true because I don't eat carbs. I'm on a ketogenic diet." Dying! I was just yelling at my TV for Rachel to send both of them home, but you almost redeemed yourself there, Blake...until the voice-over whining during the rose ceremony...and the lamest fight in the history of fights in the driveway. Plus, the cliffhanger of Rachel picking Diggy last, and if Rachel picked Blake over a Diggy with his adorable bow ties and tortoise-shell glasses, well, I'd need to tear up my embroidered pillow, even if it does have the greatest monologue in Bachelor History on it. 

Speaking of bow ties, made me notice Alex--bow ties, cute, and he can solve a Rubik's Cube?! Add him to my top list! ... [5 minutes later] ... Um, the hell with the bow tie and Rubik's Cube! Holy striptease routine on Ellen! Well, hellooooo, Alex. [Rips up the rest of the list and sets it on fire] ... Alex says he pees in the pool. [grabs a pencil for a new list] ... Alex gives an insightful observation on the psychology of body language and a sexy kiss. [pees on new list without Alex]

Aw, Freddy. I was just warming up to him. First heartfelt goodbye. I get the feeling the producers are like, "Hold the plane!" and we'll see Freddy, Blake, and Lucas in Paradise.

Rachel and Anthony's date with the horses was cute. He seems very sweet.

So, Corrine being the villain was apparently "fake news"?

I can't believe they set up a wrestling match with a professional wrestler in the mix! Well, as a long-time watcher, I'm not really surprised, but it's recklessly dangerous. 

Iggy and Lee tag-teaming Wrong Reasoning against Eric...while both givr bro hugs or "I love you bros" to each other. Will this be the first rescinded rose in Bachelor History? Uh-oh, Rachel is putting on her lawyer hat again!  To be continued. See ya later, litigator!

Rachel's face at The Booger Roll was hysterical!

• Love 22
  1. In certain poses, Bryan looks like he could be the offspring of Vincent Price.
  2. I was very impressed with young Anthony tonight.
  3. If we're "keepin' it 100," as Rachel says, I really like when the guys (Diggy, Iggy) wear glasses. 
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Jaclyn88 said:

that waboom and the other guys exit was the most ridiculous thing ever .. sounded like a scene from a soap opera 

It was clearly an audition to set up their storyline for BIP and I was insulted actually having to watch this obviously staged mess by two obvious famewhores. And yes, I recognize that I could have just walked away.

• Love 19

Rachel's smack down of Demario was so awesome. I think I yelled a You Go Girl!  And then the episode took a down turn with the whaboom and Blake shenanigans. That was dumb and annoying.

Count me as one who just noticed hot Alex. Peter still the bomb though. I'd like to request him as Bachelor if he doesn't win. Lol

• Love 7
1 minute ago, truthaboutluv said:

It was clearly an audition to set up their storyline for BIP and I was insulted actually having to watch this obviously staged mess by two obvious famewhores. And yes, I recognize that I could have just walked away.

I'm gonna say they're actually good friends in real life and just want to end up in paradise together . Nothing about their fighting seemed remotely real 

• Love 15
(edited)

So many thoughts.....

Rachel....you are being make to be a joke.  Sorry, but it is not Demario that did it, it is the producers with the cast they gave you.   Why spend time this episode on the Blake/Lucas drama, but more importantly, why were they here in the first place?   I could say that about at least 15 of the men you kept after the first night. 

Fred- I'm sorry that she couldn't woman up and let you go on the first ceremony, or the second one.  You deserve better anyway than to be on any more of these dates. 

Kenny- see Fred above...Rachel knows she is not feeling the little girl stuff on a real "I'm interested in being in your life and your life with her, " but you are not as objectional as others so she'll keep you for a bit.  Regarding the pole...just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD. 

Jonathan- why are you still here?  Rachel, he is not that funny. 

Bryan- why walk out at Ellen like you are on a music video?  You are 37 years old. Show some decorum  Nothing about you this date was impressive. 

Will-I'd give you a rose every day of the week. 

Peter- being respectful and thoughtful never works. We always like a little of the bad boys....we just do. Maybe that blue/purple dress was not as cute as I thought it was. 

Alex- the body is there, nothing else is.  You may be brainy, but if you can't use it effectively it is wasted. I'm sorry, the man bun and the crooked mouth can only compensate for so much. 

Anthony-  you were so boring that I can't even muster up a thought.  If you speak 4 languages (is he the one?) now might be a good time to pull one out. 

Bryan- having her "hot" friends come in is not cause for celebration.  What a chance to appear empathetic to someone and really just talk about how you are "not having that problem."  We get it, she is into you, although I have no idea why. 

Adam- the doll is not funny anymore producers.  Clearly he is just here

Iggy/Diggy- I'll put you together because neither of you have a chance.  Props to Iggy, however, for trying to be an adult in the Eric situation. 

Eric- I called you from the Bios and pictures.   Wif, gonna, mouf  and just all of you in general repulse me.  Rachel, recognize the Corrine of your season....or maybe the Vanessa?  Not sure.  Not surprised you have never really been in a relationship.  Was that not on the questionnaire?  Apparently both you and Lee got an edited version. 

Lee- less said the better.  Tweets or whatever aside, doesn't mean he is wrong about Eric. 

Josiah- I am glad I did not see much of you this episode.  Less is more. 

Rachel- I thought you were about making your own decisions?  Sure seems to be a lot of listening to gossip. Is it required lead listens to this, or can they just cut it when someone starts in on someone else?  Get your priorities straight.  Physical is important, and it can be great, but it is not everything. 

Jasmine- Your lipstick was almost as tragic as Raven's shirt.   The Mudwrestling date made me cringe.  Is Bryce wearing eyeliner and mascara?  I can't look away from that hair and facial hair.  

Awwww- Everyone thinks Dean is cute....and he is!  He is still too young for Rachel, but more mature than Eric. 

I don't know what to say about the Brady scene...I just don't know what to say...especially after the banana gate.  This stuff is not funny people. Really it is not. 

I'll have to process this more later....

Edited by catrice2
(edited)
2 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I'm gonna say they're actually good friends in real life and just want to end up in paradise together . Nothing about their fighting seemed remotely real 

That is exactly the vibe I got. That these two guys who met on this one reality show, concocted this stupid storyline, probably with the producers' help (wouldn't put it past them at this point) to extend their fame on the franchise since both knew they had zero shot with Rachel and probably didn't have any legitimate interest in her to be honest. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 5

I couldn't even watch beyond the rose ceremony tonight. A bunch of ugly guys I don't remember suddenly appeared this week!  The Lucas/Blake fued was so low class. 

Diggy and Kenny have my vote. Where was Jonah at the rose ceremony?

bryan has big cheeks!  

• Love 1

That these two guys who met on this one reality show, concocted this stupid storyline, probably with producers (wouldn't put it past them at this point) to extend their fame on the franchise ...

Apparently Blake and Lucas competed on the first (and only) season of WE tv's Ex Isle in 2016.  Looks like Blake was a housemate to Lucas' ex after that. So, yeah, they already knew each other prior to TB.  And I also thought their "fight" tonight looked fake. Like there was really no animosity in it at all.

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, wonald said:

Fillers. He looks like a male, latin Madonna.

Ha, he does!  I don't get the appeal of purposely making yourself chipmunk-cheeked!

• Love 2
(edited)

I am more tired of the "right reasons" police than I am of the people who are supposedly not there for the right reasons. 

Whether Lucas and Blake were a set up or not, Blake was so irritating blaming Lucas for him not making it. Lucas never gave Blake a second thought. Blake got his right reasons undies in a bundle night one.

Lee is just a shit-stirrer and nothing more. Yawn. 

Edited by jackjill89
  • Love 11
(edited)

I think Chokey a.k.a Jasmine, pegged Eric accurately when she said he's just too serious. I think that's what's happening with him and the guys in the house. He's just a little too intense and in his own head and so it led to his maybe saying a few things that didn't come out the way he wanted it to that led to the guys thinking he's not there for the right reasons. And the more they come at him, the more frustrated he gets, understandably, and it's making him act out and make it seem like they are right. 

And I am already cringing seeing the promo for next week's episode where Will is trying to explain to Lee about the connotations with calling a black man aggressive, knowing what I now know about Lee. But yes producers, or more appropriately Chris Harrison, tell us again how you all had NO knowledge of the kinds of things Lee posted on social media when you all cast him. 

Btw, anyone else surprised that to the question on Ellen about sending nudes, Peter said he had while Bryan said he never had? Go figure. Oh and Peter had a 1 on 1, which means he spent hours with Rachel, presumably there was a lot of making out and he says he never thought about having sex with her? Either he's lying because he was trying to be a gentleman which means he's thinking too much of what others will think or he's telling the truth and that just brings me back to my feeling last week watching their date that she seemed way more into him than he was into her.

Asking Fred to go talk as she picks up the group date rose seemed especially cruel, even for this show. 

Agreed. That definitely seemed a little cold to me but the leads do that a lot, especially on 1 on 1 dates. The lead will pick up the rose, just before they tell the guy/woman on the date why they're not getting the rose. I think Ben did the same thing to Olivia on her 2 on 1 with one of the twins. He picked up the rose, asked to talk to her and walked her down to basically dump her. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 9

Why does Rachel talk with her hands so much?  It is so distracting, and I wonder if she controls it when she is in court. 

Peeing in the pool is why the germophobe in me does not swim in pools.  I saw poop in a pool as a child and never recovered.  Oh Alex, your pictures had potential.  Then I read the Bio and now this...

While this episode was cute, and the shut down of DeMario was masterful on her part, I'm way more excited for next week.

Quite frankly I'm very interested to see how this show is going to handle race and it was only a matter of time until it came out. I've seen the press about Lee and his social media (http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/the-bachelorette-racist-tweets-contestant-lee-garrett-1202450087/) and i'm sure the timing of this being leaked is no coincidence in comparison to the narrative arc of this show. 

It's unfortunate that Rachel has to deal with this because really no other Bachelor OR Bachelorette has had to deal with a storyline that may be trivial to someone because of the nature of the show but very serious to other people. Will calling out Lee for calling either Eric or Kenny (couldn't tell from the preview) "aggressive" and explainging why that's particularly problematic for a black man is very real. We'll see how Rachel handles the situation (I don't want to read spoilers) but there's a part of me that feels bad she has to deal with the normal producer shenanigans AND deal with race relations but another part of me is like... I'd be shocked if Rachel thought this wouldn't happen...

• Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, truthaboutluv said:

I think Chokey a.k.a Jasmine, pegged Eric accurately when she said he's just too serious. I think that's what's happening with him and the guys in the house. He's just a little too intense and in his own head and so it led to his maybe saying a few things that didn't come out the way he wanted it to that led to the guys thinking he's not there for the right reasons. And the more they come at him, the more frustrated he gets, understandably, and it's making him act out and make it seem like they are right. 

And I am already cringing seeing the promo for next week's episode where Will is trying to explain to Lee about the connotations with calling a black man aggressive, knowing what I now know about Lee. But yes producers, or more appropriately Chris Harrison, tell us again how you all had NO knowledge of the kinds of things Lee posted on social media when you all cast him. 

Btw, anyone else surprised that to the question on Ellen about sending nudes, Peter said he had while Bryan said he never had? Go figure. Oh and Peter had a 1 on 1, which means he spent hours with Rachel, presumably there was a lot of making out and he says he never thought about having sex with her? Either he's lying because he was trying to be a gentleman which means he's thinking too much of what others will think or he's telling the truth and that just brings me back to my feeling last week watching their date that she seemed way more into him than he was into her.

I think people are putting way too much into things.  I have dated guys that I thought were super hot and I was physically attracted to but did not start thinking about them in a sexual way for a while because that is just who I am.  Some people need an emotional connection before they can have a physical connection.  Interesting that Alex pretty much said that.  Peter has known her for what, one or two weeks?  Not surprised about the selfie.  A.--look at Peter's body versus Bryan's and B.---Peter was a model and they typically see nudity in a different way.   Bryan is a good Catholic boy. 

How long ago was Rachel's long term relationship?  I know it is part of the game, but she just seems to eager for the kissing and making out.   She all but thrusts her face up to some people.  Someone said she did the same thing when Nick gave her the FIR.   Maybe she thinks this is the best way to "feel" a connection....or not. 

Lord- I am going to miss next week for a few reasons, but one will be I do not want to see the Bachelorette take on race relations....although my sweetie Will is the perfect person for this....I just need Iggy on the backup!  

Edited by catrice2
  • Love 2

So as with the Lucas and Blake exit she can now eliminate Lee, Iggy and Eric next in my opinion. Eric is insecure and whiny. Lee is a troublemaker (has been since day one) and a instigator. And Iggy should be a smart enough man (especially if he's ever watched this show) to realize it wasn't worth his time to get involved with Eric's issues. I feel Eric was right in that they had no business getting in his but I am so tired of all this wasted time (as with Blake and Lucas) on these silly squabbles. Just eliminate them next week and get on with the show.

Count me in as one of the Alex's admirers. It was nice to hear him expound on the eye body language and show he's not just a dumb jock.

• Love 4

I know the whole Lucas and Blake show was getting annoying, but the entire banana conversation.. from Lucas deadpanning about Blake eating a banana over his bed, to Rachel taking it seriously, to Blake defending how it's not true because of his keto diet.. omg I WAS DYING.  Like I've never laughed so hard watching this show.  

• Love 21

Blake and Lucas' fight was so obviously fake - they couldn't even keep straight faces - they were biting their cheeks and grinning like idiots the whole time.

I really like Kenny -  but I can see that Rachel is trying to talk herself into liking him - she's just not into him.  I saw a little more chemistry from Peters side tonight, but agree, last week she was way more into him than he was into her (I couldn't watch last week and am just now catching up).

I don't know about Lee's social media, but he's said the smartest thing I've ever heard come out of any contestants mouth on ANY game show - "We're all a threat!"  Now the rest of what he's doing - don't like.  Eric did say he wasn't sure about Rachel's reasons, but in his defense, it doesn't seem like he meant it that way.  He's having a hard time expressing himself.

I've only watched the last 2 seasons - is there usually this much bro love?  I really like the guys who get up and leave whenever the drama starts.

Rachel comes across as so polished, smart and fun - I really hope she gets a happy ending and not a fame whore.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Ripley68 said:

I've only watched the last 2 seasons - is there usually this much bro love?  I really like the guys who get up and leave whenever the drama starts.

Yes. Its honestly one of the most appealing aspects of the -ette version of the show.  The bromances often make great TV. 

43 minutes ago, catrice2 said:

Not surprised about the selfie.  A.--look at Peter's body versus Bryan's and B.---Peter was a model and they typically see nudity in a different way.   Bryan is a good Catholic boy. 

Me either - but I will chalk it more up to their ages than anything else.  Bryan is 37.  (A year older than me), which I think means most of his dumb twenties dating happened before the age of the iphone camera and snapchat.  Peter is 30, so he is just younger in a way that put more of his foolish dating maneuvers into the era of ubiquitous texting. 

• Love 10
(edited)

I'm kinda bummed. I don't like any of these men for her. Will is my personal fav but, after seeing two strained (on his part) chemistry-free kisses, his excitement to be on Ellen cause him to jump into the arms of another contestant, and checking out his Instagram, I just don't believe he's attracted to Rachel in the slightest :/ he doesn't seem like a "wrong reasons" guy but that's what I'm feeling. He's aiming for next Bach I think. 

UGH I'm so mad. I like no one else for her but Peter and I'm one of the few who don't believe Peter is that into her either. 

Anthony seems nice but not for her.

I felt bad for Fred :/ at least he actually liked Rach.

Edited by dirtypop90
  • Love 4
(edited)

I love Kenny, what a cutie. I just think he's in the friend zone though.

I do like Peter, Bryan and hot damn Alex! Wow, he really came out of nowhere tonight.

Lee needs to go! What a PITA he is! Sneaky tattletale, he's Lucas with a stinky attitude.

Poor Fred, but I'm glad Rachel saw fit to say goodbye before the RC that wasn't. I loathe these To Be Continued.

Edited by F. M.
  • Love 5

That entire rose ceremony was interrupted after each and every rose with comments from Whaboom and Blake, not to mention their faux-confrontation after being bounced. Come on show, those two morons are the worst part of your season. I really hope they drop this garbage from future seasons.

Also, I don't really buy the Demario situation. First of all, 99.9% of guys wouldn't have bothered showing up at the mansion to beg back onto the show because further embarrassment is sure to occur. And secondly, Rachel's response was so letter perfect that it screamed "SCRIPTED!"

I thought the shirtless dancing on Ellen was tasteless, but apparently there is some mud wrestling coming up. Just because they are men doesn't mean they can be safely objectified without it being in poor taste. Go ahead and try this on The Bachelor, and we'll see just how much outrage it generates. I know, I know, don't watch this show and expect tasteful. I guess there is an in-between status that I would appreciate a lot more.

• Love 5

Peter spent the entire day on a date with her, made out with her under fireworks, and still hasn't thought about having sex with her? I've thought about having sex with hot strangers I've made eye contact with on public transport whom I know damn well I'm never going to see again! He's just not that into her, but I think he's trying really hard to convince himself that he is.

• Love 14

I like the idea of sending the two adversaries (Lucas and Blake)  home at once , next week I hope it's Lee and Eric.

Lee because of what we know about his twitter-self and Eric because I think he's mentally about 16.  He can't argue without shouting, he pouts under his hoodie, he gets mad at girls at the very thought that they might not like him( so Rachel must be fake) and he can't pronounce his "th," sounds.

Alex pees in pools when no one is around?  I'll bet he doesn't flush either.  No amount of good abs makes a guy like that attractive to me.

Anthony looked so handsome on that horse, I just wish there had been a tiny bit of chemistry with Rachel.

Once again Kenny got Rachel alone to talk about his daughter.

Peter is not only not into Rachel I'm beginning to think he's not into anyone but himself.

Can we scratch all these men and start over?

• Love 8

I'd like to see Rachel on Good Morning America as an anchor someday.   She seems a natural on TV and has charisma.   I'm not feeling any of the men on the show.  But as my mother used to say to me after my divorce, you only need one!  (I still haven't found that one, haha.)   Don't move to Florida after a divorce is all I have to say about that.   

Bachelorette producers - how about a summer show with older Bachelors and Bachelorettes?   Trust me, it would be hilarious enough for any age group to watch.    

• Love 9
(edited)

I'm watching the first two minutes of the show and I already love Rachel. The way she handled DeMario was on point. She made him look like a scolded little boy. Loved she told him she wants a man who when confronted with something unpleasant tells the truth and that he acted like a boy. Exactly!!!!!! DeMarios first response was who is that who is that? When the chick he'd been banging and whose apartment key he had was standing in front of him.  Love that she doesnt take any shit! 

Edited by kira28
  • Love 2