Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E03: Week 3: Ellen DeGeneres & More

• Start Topic

That whole thing with Eric confused me. I was only half paying attention but thought that the two guys who mentioned Eric to Raven were more saying that they didn't think he was a good match for Rachel, not that he was "wrong reasons." So it's like a game of telephone that got mangled. Though I agree that Eric seems too young and insecure to be a good match. (I'm too lazy to look up how old he actually is.)

Also, I really *hated* that Rachel kept calling her friends "my girls." They are not your girls. They are your friends. Your buds. 

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Plus, I sincerely doubt that those women are really her "friends."  They just wanted to get on tv again and extend their 5 minutes of fame.

Those women were all supposed to be on Bachelor in Paradise.  I think their appearance on the Bachelorette was part of the perks of that.

• Love 6
On 6/14/2017 at 7:36 AM, DEL901 said:

Those women were all supposed to be on Bachelor in Paradise.  I think their appearance on the Bachelorette was part of the perks of that.

Yes.  It was clearly a cross promotion.  Though it appears from social media that she is friends legitimately with some of them.   

I think its important to remember that the Ellen shenanigans served a few purposes: 

1) create entertainment for the female audience

2) find who will do anything for attention, so you know who to include on BIP

3) allow Rachel to see who is husband material and who is there for the fame.

I think this date fulfilled the mission!

(Also, Rachel is a bit of a fameho herself, having appeard on this show too :)  So you know, she may be into the hijinx)

• Love 1
On 6/7/2017 at 3:22 PM, BaileyMae said:

Kenny stripping and Dean's "never go back" is on another planet compared to the "booger roll". Peter, doesn't model anymore. He owns at least one gym. Someone told me he has two but I'm not sure.  

Thanks for the info. Trainer is very different than gym owner.  That's a much more suitable profession to marry a lawyer that's the daughter of a judge. Nothing wrong with being a personal trainer but there is a great disparity  in that profession and someone in a successful career with a graduate degree. Usually it wouldn't be a problem if it was reversed with the man having the more prestigious profession. 

(edited)
12 minutes ago, Kira53 said:

Thanks for the info. Trainer is very different than gym owner.  That's a much more suitable profession to marry a lawyer that's the daughter of a judge. Nothing wrong with being a personal trainer but there is a great disparity  in that profession and someone in a successful career with a graduate degree. Usually it wouldn't be a problem if it was reversed with the man having the more prestigious profession. 

Peter does NOT own a gym (or two). He owns a personal training business (one on one, boot camp, etc). If Rachel wants a husband with higher education qualification, she should not have looked on this show. I believe 50% of the contestants this season are personal trainers.

Edited by waving feather
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

No! Stop!

Lol, I exaggerate but of the top of my head, Blake E, Eric and Peter are personal trainers. This is what happens when they cast guys based on how they look with their shirts off. Not that I'm complaining...

Jonathan, on the other hand, got a raw deal because "tickle monster" is actually a doctor.

• Love 1