Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E17: Sympathy for the Goddess

When the man who has the last piece of the flaming sword is murdered, the piece goes missing; Maze recruits Lucifer to help save Dr. Linda's career and confronts him about his secrets.

//cue the Rolling Stones.  Oooh-hoo; Hoo-hoo.

Decent episode (would be great for other series, but the bar's set higher here).

Loved Charlotte's explanation that Lucifer's dad was her ex.  And Chloe laughing at Dan at the thought he could end up as Lucifer's sort of step-dad.

The last scene with Charlotte was killer.  Literally.

Poor Dr. Linda, but don't worry, even after Lucifer made things worse, Maze will fix things.

And poor Amenidial, so jealous of his brother... is finally #1 with dad.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Loved Charlotte's explanation that Lucifer's dad was her ex.  And Chloe laughing at Dan at the thought he could end up as Lucifer's sort of step-dad.

Now I want that wedding to happen just to see the reactions of Lucifer and Amenidiel to having Dan as their step-dad.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, DEL901 said:

The last scene with Charlotte was killer.  Literally.

I laughed so hard when Charlottes wound killed that wannabe kingpin. It reminded me of the ark of the covenant. 

Classic Lucifer making things worse. 

Score on Amenadiel being Daddy's favorite. 

• Love 3

Decent episode (would be great for other series, but the bar's set higher here).

I disagree, there was a lot of character-work in it, particularly regarding Maze and Amenadiel. I liked that they paired up unusual people like Mum and Chloe, Amenadiel and Dan, and that the Linda/Maze friendship was put in the forefront again while having Lucifer also realize that time on earth didn't change only him but Maze, and that he had fucked up in taking her for granted.

Plus, nice development of the plot, I really liked that one. 

• Love 19

Somebody on the cop side is gonna find out who Lucifer et al.  are by the end of the season right?...  They have too.. Either Dan or maybe Ella.. Somehow I feel Chloe may be the last to know

• Love 3
12 hours ago, UNOSEZ said:

Somebody on the cop side is gonna find out who Lucifer et al.  are by the end of the season right?...  They have too.. Either Dan or maybe Ella.. Somehow I feel Chloe may be the last to know

I fell Chloe should be the last to know. She does tend to buzzkill a lot of scenes, I can only  see the storyline going downhill a bit after they do the big reveal. Although to give her her due, she was hilarious grooving down to that kid's terrible music at the tequila party this episode! 

Something I don't get about Charlotte (before she was Mum), is why does a highly esteemed former cop become a lawyer for every criminal scumbag in the city? Was that ever explained? It works for the plot but it seems weird. 

It was so classic that Linda just immediately assumed that a blood splattered Maze and Lucifer had murdered the chairman of the ethics committee. Although I'm having a hard time believing that someone in LA didn't call the cops when they were beating each other and smashing a bunch of concrete benches in the bright light of day. ?

• Love 6
12 hours ago, UNOSEZ said:

I'm hoping for Ella. Just because she is such a believer. 

Otherwise awesome episode. Loved how Amenadiel is dad's favourite. Wish they would finally just show dad.

• Love 1

But she used to be a cop, and she seemed very popular at the precinct when she first appeared in the cast. Granted she is a good-looking woman, but you wouldn't think the other cops would be fawning over her with the client list she seems to keep. 

I don't think she was ever an ex cop, but yeah,  she originally a high ranking defense attorney who was working with the fbi.  I'd imagine that lawyers take whatever clients can afford hire their firm to pay.   But I'm not an expert on the subject. 

• Love 1

L.A. must really be a jaded place, if Lucifer and Maze could just brawl on the street and no one would try to stop them or call the cops. Maybe those are big enough local celebrities, that everyone was just like "Well, that was bound to happen eventually" and went on their merry ways.  Liked focusing on their relationship again, and how much of a roller coaster ride it is.  I do believe Lucifer doesn't mean to hurt Maze because he just assumes she wouldn't be effected by his actions like she was, but Maze has clearly changed since moving (and meeting Chloe and the rest), and Lucifer needs to realize this.  Tom Ellis and Lesley -Ann Brandt where splendid together.  Liked Linda's involvement in it as well.

Case of the week was fun mainly due to the bizarre, but amusing pairing of Charlotte and Chloe.  Granted, in real life, I doubt any law enforcement would let Charlotte do anywhere near as much as she did, but I kind of have to just roll with it on this show.  Chloe pretending to be a Chez fangirl was hilarious.  I like it when they let Lauren German be more comedic.

Amenadiel and Dan was a nice change of pace.

I do wonder if Ella will end up being the next person to find out the truth about Lucifer (and the rest), since she hasn't done much else yet, and her being a believer could lead to some interesting moments.

Amenadiel having the final piece and being "Dad's favorite' was a nice way to set things up for the finale.

So, how will Charlotte explain a burnt up Chez in her office?!  Or will she just ask the boys to help take care of it?

Finale next week!  Can't wait to see how they end this season!

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

L.A. must really be a jaded place,

Remember a couple of years ago when there was an arrest of a couple copulating on the passenger seat of their car with the side door open.  When somebody called to complain (as I recall not a huge number of calls to LAPD), the female was indignant and proclaimed her innocence forgetting that there are such things as cameras nowadays.

• Love 1

Loved Maze being ride or die (someone else's death obviously) for DrLinda. Their friendship is so great. And how much growth is it on Maze's part that she realises Lucifer admitting to sleeping with DrLinda in front of the board guy is a bad thing? I also loved DrLinda just explaining things to Lucifer because she didn't have to wait for him to get there by himself, I guess that's one benefit to losing her license.

I also loved Dan bonding with Amenidude. I can't believe how much I like this season Detective Douche after disliking him so much last season, they really managed to make the development organic. Im just sad we missed on Amenidude and Dan doing some actual improv. It would have been gold.

2 hours ago, CaptainTightpants said:

Although to give her her due, she was hilarious grooving down to that kid's terrible music at the tequila party this episode! 

I really enjoyed seeing Chloe doing something ridiculous for once. I know they need a straight man but she needs to have some fun moments too, I'm glad they let her cut loose once in a while.

• Love 8

Although I'm having a hard time believing that someone in LA didn't call the cops when they were beating each other and smashing a bunch of concrete benches in the bright light of day

Well, figure that L.A. and S.F. are regularly the scene of incredibly long running gun battles and other mayhem with never a cop in sight. A beatdown would be just ho hum stuff. Or, it being the home of Hollyweird, they might assume it was just another location shoot for a movie or TV (which it was).

• Love 1

Something I don't get about Charlotte (before she was Mum), is why does a highly esteemed former cop become a lawyer for every criminal scumbag in the city? Was that ever explained? It works for the plot but it seems weird.

I didn't even know she was a former cop, but I haven't finished the episode yet.  I'd assume it was for the assloads of money successful defense lawyers make.  There's a reason a lot of prosecuters end up moving to that side of the table.

4 hours ago, CaptainTightpants said:

It was so classic that Linda just immediately assumed that a blood splattered Maze and Lucifer had murdered the chairman of the ethics committee. 

Well, it's not like he didn't deserve it.

• Love 2

How did Trixie come from Dan and Chloe again... I'm usually not too big of a stickler when it comes to casting my fellow people of color I know its not always a match... Either one of them on their own sure I can see that... But those 2 making a very brown child with brown eyes always throws me... And shes great I love the actress.. But she looks more like amenadiel's kid than Dan... Maybe  piece of him stuck around after he blessed Chloe's mom and found its way into Trixie... Sorry for the rant can't wait till the finale.. I'm sure someone on the supernatural side will do something heroic for Dr. Linda and unmask themselves in front of someone else... 

I was so worried last summer that new additions would break the balance of the show, since the dreadful Shiny New Toys syndrome affects so many TV writers. I've never been so happy to worry for nothing. Episodes like this one prove once more that Lucifer writers value their cast and know how to use all their regular and recurring characters in everyone's (show, audience and cast alike) best interest.

Every combination works. I loved Dan and Amenadiel. I laughed at the "stepdad" lampshading. I love that Dan and Chloe can joke about their private life, without being too promiscuous either, and are friends now in spite of their divorce. I loved that even though secondary characters and their relationships were fleshed out, there was still room for Lucifer and Chloe.

I cheered for Dr.Linda when she didn't have to behave like a therapist and could speak out at long last. Vent, girl! You deserve it.

I hope to see Trixie in the finale. Another long hiatus, I need a dose of everyone.

• Love 6
(edited)

In the beginning of last season I didn't know what to make of Linda since she was letting Lucifer pay with sex (by the by, you just knew Lucifer was going to accidentally make things worse and bring that up!) but since then she's at the top of my favorites. Even so, while everything better work out for her (I'm not happy about the previews) I do appreciate that actions to continue to have consequences on this show. It gives it a level of real-ism that Linda can't do whatever she wants to for Lucifer without problems in the 'human world'. If anyone can save her career it WILL be Maze. Though it would be a riot of somehow everything was dropped, nobody could figure out why, and they somehow find a way to let the audience know, "Dad's" stepped in realizing she needed, and has damn well earned, being in business... maybe Linda was praying for it, "hey, uh God? I know your son(s). We're friends. I know you guys have issues but if you're listening, I really need something..."

Chloe was hilarious dancing to the song! I also loved her laughing about Dan being Lucifer's step dad. Chloe has to have more fun, it looks good on her.

Was naming the son Chet suppose to be a wink to Chet Hanks? I sure hope so. Sure the mother and his parents couldn't be more different but the rich kid terrible rap career makes me think so.

With the exception of Mom and anyone, there hasn't been a single cast mix up so far that hasn't worked. I want more Dan and Amenadiel. Also, Amenadiel and Chloe haven't done any real scenes together since he told her Lucifer made his persona off a traumatized childhood in the season premiere.

2 hours ago, UNOSEZ said:

How did Trixie come from Dan and Chloe again... I'm usually not too big of a stickler when it comes to casting my fellow people of color I know its not always a match... Either one of them on their own sure I can see that... But those 2 making a very brown child with brown eyes always throws me... And shes great I love the actress.. But she looks more like amenadiel's kid than Dan... Maybe  piece of him stuck around after he blessed Chloe's mom and found its way into Trixie... Sorry for the rant can't wait till the finale.. I'm sure someone on the supernatural side will do something heroic for Dr. Linda and unmask themselves in front of someone else... 

This has been discussed a lot here. I maintain it probably just has to do with a casting change that was made. A different actor played Dan the first time they shot the Pilot, then they got rid of him (still not sure why, but I just love the result) and put in Kevin Alejandro and they decided the right cast was more important than if they fit a certain look. The other guy did have darker features. But who knows maybe now that they have the cast the way it is they'll do something down the road with Trixie's looks.

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, Delphi said:

I don't think she was ever an ex cop, but yeah,  she originally a high ranking defense attorney who was working with the fbi.  I'd imagine that lawyers take whatever clients can afford hire their firm to pay.   But I'm not an expert on the subject. 

8 hours ago, johntfs said:

I didn't even know she was a former cop, but I haven't finished the episode yet.  I'd assume it was for the assloads of money successful defense lawyers make.  There's a reason a lot of prosecuters end up moving to that side of the table.

In episode 3 of this season, Sin-eater, Charlotte shows up at the precinct and all the cops are cooing over her. Lucifer demands to know why and Chloe says "She used to be a cop, and she's a knockout". 

I think it was mentioned a couple more times around the trial with the warden who killed Chloe's dad as well. Although I can't remember specifically. ?

• Love 3

Really good ep, I liked the different character interactions, like Dan and Amenadiel, Chloe and Charlotte.  Also liked Charlotte and Ella (Ella's still a hugger).  Of all the characters to find out Lucifer's true identity, Ella would be the logical one.  Ella's seen the darkness in the world (she's a CSI who's seen all sorts of grisly murders), and she comments about the darkness in her head, but she seems to chose to see the light in everyone.  Seeing how that plays out with Lucifer would be interesting.  It's too early for Chloe to know and I can't think Dan would find out and not tell Chloe.  Another possibility would be Trixie, especially after seeing her the other week as Trixie Morningstar.

Lucifer and Maze beating the crap out of each other has been coming for a while, and was well done.  As for no one calling the cops, that could be the Bystander Effect in action.

• Love 5

I can't believe there's only 1 episode left!  So much great stuff happening in the last few episodes.

So, anyone else think Chloe raised Mazes closet for that dress and those boots?

• Love 4
(edited)

I'm so glad they decided to focus more on Maze and Lucifer's relationship, and how hurt she was that he might leave her. I really don't think he meant to hurt her, but he did, and I'm glad he finally apologized. Things have changed since Hell, Luci. Granted, Maze becoming more human isn't going to start her from disemboweling the guy screwing with Dr. Linda (Maze is so ride or die, I love it) or beating the crap out of Lucifer in the middle of downtown LA, but still. So, I've never been to LA, but are people so jaded that they don't notice or care that two people are beating the shit out of each other in the middle of the city? Maybe they thought it was performance art or a Fight Club or something?

If anyone on the police side finds out about Lucifer, I think it will be Ella. Shes already a believer, and shes a rather open minded, free spirited type anyway. I think, one she got used to it, she would find it all super cool and want to know more about everything. The only worry they would have is that shes a bit of a motor mouth, and might let something sill around Chloe or Dan.

I like when the show mixes the pairing up, so this week we got Charlotte and Chloe, and Dan and Amenadiel, both of which were a lot of fun. I do wish we had seen Dan and Amenadiel do some improve though. I think Amenadiel would have REALLY enjoyed Dans Lucifer impression. Speaking of, I'm getting concerned about Dan. His relationship with Mom could lead to some serious problems for him, especially use no idea what hes getting into. I actually like him now, don't hurt him show!

Chloe and Dan laughing about Dan becoming Lucifer's step dad was really funny, and its nice to see them in such a good place. I'm glad they seemed to have moved away from him still having romantic feelings for Chloe. I think they have gotten to the point where they can actually be friends and co-parents, without any romantic spark. Which is for the best, because love triangles are The Worst.

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

If anyone on the police side finds out about Lucifer, I think it will be Ella. Shes already a believer, and shes a rather open minded, free spirited type anyway.

She is, but she's also the one who said that doubt is important. So, I think it's not a question of believe but rather of her willingness to accept indisputable proof. I think if it were merely a question of believe, she'd already believe that Lucifer is the devil. He's told her. A few times. And I think the reason that she didn't/doesn't believe him is not because she doesn't want to believe but because she doesn't want the doubt to go away.

Since they all know already (since Lucifer has told them), I think it's a question of who will be next to accept it as the truth and how will it happen and I think Ella's as much of a maybe as Chloe and Dan and for the same reason. Ella may believe and Chloe and Dan may not, but since Ella wants to doubt, she isn't ready to accept the truth any more than Chloe and Dan are. So, Ella may deny proof as much as Chloe did/does because accepting proof would mean she has to let go of the doubt she has and that she says is important to have.

• Love 1
(edited)

I so enjoy this show.  Just when I'm full ready to be done with Mum, they give me an episode where I actually liked her.  Not empathized with or wanted to keep around much longer, but her delivery on the "pajamas" line to Chloe was golden.  Also, deflecting that hug from Ella.  And her playing charades with Luci to get Chloe interested.

Chloe, too, had a really good episode.  She's my favorite when she's dorking out over something (while remaining a competent TV cop).  And she got to look fine while doing it.  

Dan and Amenadude, it's like putting the two good, slightly less interesting guys together and getting something awesome.  So happy Amenadude got his affirmation of importance, but seriously?  You're the age of creation (or older), get over the favorites game.  Be a little more godlike in your view and move it along (said with total love for what DB Woodside has done with this character, but GEEZ, he's divine, quit with the petty sibling rivalry).

Dr. Linda lecturing Luci, though?  Maybe my favorite scene, in large part because of how Maze demonstrates her own humanization.  Brava, Maze (really Lesley-Ann Brandt).  

Two things I'm taking away from this episode:  Mum was a tough character to integrate, more so because she's beautiful and young, but it might have been a little more successful earlier if she got a straight man herself; Luci better grow up a little next season because he's been given a lot of lessons in other people's feelings and it's going to piss me off if he doesn't learn a bit.  Unless, of course, next season is in the Silver City so that his knowledge about humans isn't so important.  Excited for the finale, but also bummed we've reached the end.  

Edited by Zipper
Poor typing.
  • Love 3

So no one else found it a bit unbelievable that a demon could beat up Lucifer? Even if she is his right hand girl? Or are we just assuming that he *let* her beat him up? Wings or not, he's still THE devil.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 5/22/2017 at 10:58 PM, thuganomics85 said:

L.A. must really be a jaded place, if Lucifer and Maze could just brawl on the street and no one would try to stop them or call the cops. Maybe those are big enough local celebrities, that everyone was just like "Well, that was bound to happen eventually" and went on their merry ways.  Liked focusing on their relationship again, and how much of a roller coaster ride it is.  I do believe Lucifer doesn't mean to hurt Maze because he just assumes she wouldn't be effected by his actions like she was, but Maze has clearly changed since moving (and meeting Chloe and the rest), and Lucifer needs to realize this.  Tom Ellis and Lesley -Ann Brandt where splendid together.  Liked Linda's involvement in it as well.

If you notice during the fight between maze and Lucy. Several cement benches are broken or over turned.  So I am assuming it was a serious fight. I just figure they used some sort of "hell" power to stop the mere mortals from seeing the fight.  I just imagine a bunch of people coming upon that scence and thinking what happened here?  Godzilla, King Kong??  Are they testing missles.  

Why didn't lucy ask Dr Linda reviewer guy what was his desire?

Anyone notice that mom was able to break attorney client privilege by saying her client threaten to hurt her??

I love how idiot son brought it.  Killed by pure goodness. That will be a first in the LAPD homocide unit    

Where did Chloe get those clothes for the booze party with mom from?     

Edited by White Sheep
  • Love 1

Maze could beat him up because she is made up of a very densely packed type of awesome! Therefore, although she just appears to be a tiny and stunning woman she is able to kick the ass of anything that appears on the show. 

And I am 100% down with that! ?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, White Sheep said:

Everyone on this show. Needs there own spin off series! 

Absolutely not. They all need to be together foreva!!1!!!11! But I would totally be ok with webisodes of Maze's adventures in bounty hunting and maybe Dan's improv classes as long as Lucifer and Amenadude make guest appreances.

Seriously though, they've done so well building the cast and character chemistry that any combination of people they put together seems to bring out something great, even the combinations you wouldn't expect end up being awesome. I mean who would have thought Amenadude and Dan bonding would have been as fun as it ended up being.

• Love 2
(edited)

Although I'm having a hard time believing that someone in LA didn't call the cops when they were beating each other and smashing a bunch of concrete benches in the bright light of day

Well, figure that L.A. and S.F. are regularly the scene of incredibly long running gun battles and other mayhem with never a cop in sight. A beatdown would be just ho hum stuff. Or, it being the home of Hollyweird, they might assume it was just another location shoot for a movie or TV (which it was).

That was my take. Two people fighting? Okay, maybe the cops get called, especially if one of them's a woman. Two people repeatedly clashing with enough force to break concrete? It could be written off as staged/a stunt/etc. Now, the whole thing not showing up on Youtube within five minutes, on the other hand...

So, anyone else think Chloe raised Mazes closet for that dress and those boots?

I did. When Mum was sassing about the dress code for the party, my first thought was 'Do you realize who she's been living with?'

So no one else found it a bit unbelievable that a demon could beat up Lucifer? Even if she is his right hand girl? Or are we just assuming that he *let* her beat him up? Wings or not, he's still THE devil.

Not really. What was the episode a bit ago where someone needed to fight a suspect's henchman before they could do the interview (because...reasons) and instead of doing it himself Lucifer cues Maze. I don't find it odd that she's his equal or better in a physical fight.

Now, what did puzzle me a bit was Lucifer not healing more quickly, since Chloe was nowhere in the vicinity.

Why didn't lucy ask Dr Linda reviewer guy what was his desire?

I wondered that too. That, along with being able to basically hypnotize any straight female or gay male, seems to be coming out of his bag of tricks less and less frequently - understandable when there are so many plot conflicts something like that could too easily resolve, but without an in-character explanation it's jarring.

~

Lucifer's habitually taking Maze for granted has irked me since very early in the show, so it was lovely to see those chickens finally coming home to roost.

Especially the way they did it, with Lucifer protesting that their dynamic 'never bothered' Maze before - because to me, at least, it was clear that it did bother her even early on, and her 'changing' is not so much that her emotions are becoming more vulnerable/human, but that she's defining her identity beyond him and owning her own awesomeness to the extent that she feels free to beat the tar out of him when he's being an ass.

Edited by Emma9
  • Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, Emma9 said:

I wondered that too. That, along with being able to basically hypnotize any straight female or gay male, seems to be coming out of his bag of tricks less and less frequently - understandable when there are so many plot conflicts something like that could too easily resolve, but without an in-character explanation it's jarring.

He could have done that but I'm not sure learning that "I want to drop-kick that fast and loose bitch Linda Martin right out of this profession.  I want to take her license and burn it right in front of her face" is going to be all that helpful.

The main problem for Linda is that she really has done stuff that really should cause her to lose her license.  That if she wasn't someone we knew and liked, we'd be nodding and going "She should absolutely not be allowed to keep her license.  She slept with her patient and then endangered others by breaking him out of a mental hospital.  Forget the license, she should be going to prison."

Edited by johntfs
  • Love 7
(edited)
33 minutes ago, johntfs said:

He could have done that but I'm not sure learning that "I want to drop-kick that fast and loose bitch Linda Martin right out of this profession.  I want to take her license and burn it right in front of her face" is going to be all that helpful.

The main problem for Linda is that she really has done stuff that really should cause her to lose her license.  That if she wasn't someone we knew and liked, we'd be nodding and going "She should absolutely not be allowed to keep her license.  She slept with her patient and then endangered others by breaking him out of a mental hospital.  Forget the license, she should be going to prison."

That's very possible - it's what happened when he tried to do it to keep Lux - but equally possible he'd find out something else he could use to either bribe or blackmail the guy. You'd think it'd be worth a shot.

And I actually agree with you regarding Linda's actions from a non-viewer perspective. From this side of the screen, it's easy to attribute them to A) Lucifer sex mojo and B) Thinking neither of the escapees was actually crazy, but how could any of her colleagues be expected to believe a word of that?

But for the character to remain on the show, she either needs to keep her license or find another role on the cast. There are places they could go with the latter - criminal-psychology consults on cases and whatnot - but in terms of the former, something magical, violent, and/or unethical is going to have to happen if they want to write themselves out of it.

Edited by Emma9
  • Love 2

Yeah Dr Linda has done some majorly shady stuff from the perspective of those who haven't had a glimpse behind the curtain. Even before she knew she was sleeping with Lucifer and did admit to Chloe she knew it was unprofessional and she should stop it. I think they may use it as a way to have her more involved in the actual cases and have more scenes out of an office but I wouldn't be surprised if she gets her license back again at some point either. Either that or someone will Rapture her up to the Silver City to work her miracles on the rest of the Host and their Mummy and Daddy issues.

I did like Dan and Amenadude, they were great together, though a shame we didn't get to here any bitchy improve on Lucifer. As someone said upthread I can't believe how much I like Dan this year, even though his role is still somewhat thankless at times, KA is doing wonders with it and I'm glad for him he lasted more than one season on a show. It helps not to have to hear "Palmetto Street" every 5 minutes I guess.

Still don't care very much about Momalotte but I did find her "truth" to Chloe about being Lucifer's step mother hilarious and actually very good cover. It explains why she's hanging around, why Lucifer has conflicting feelings about her and why they look the same age etc.

I do think Chloe will be the last to find out for tropey reasons and Ella is probably next although Dan might come in as a dark horse. It would be interesting to see him more involved in that side of things than Chloe and having to keep an even bigger secret from her. Of course people were speculating Ella might be in for a revelation of her own but I wonder if that's much less likely now it's been revealed that Chloe is a blessed birth?

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 7:34 AM, Gigi43 said:

This has been discussed a lot here. I maintain it probably just has to do with a casting change that was made. A different actor played Dan the first time they shot the Pilot, then they got rid of him (still not sure why, but I just love the result) and put in Kevin Alejandro and they decided the right cast was more important than if they fit a certain look. The other guy did have darker features. But who knows maybe now that they have the cast the way it is they'll do something down the road with Trixie's looks.

Also Kevin Alejandro IS of Mexican descent, so who knows what kind of dormant genes he has that can manifest "just because"...

• Love 3
On 5/22/2017 at 7:40 PM, missbonnie said:

I'm over here dying at Lucifer's pantomime about the guy getting shot. I love this show so much. 

lol  one of my favorite scenes in the episode.  Love how the whole cast meshes together.  And I am liking how much they have developed maze's character.  I was meh about her in the first few episodes of season 1, and now she is a favorite.

I did wonder why Lucifer didn't do a 'what is it you most desire' thing on the ethics dude.  Doesn't matter though, maze will take care of things!  lol

Like many others, I think the first person to really *know* who Lucifer is will be Ella.

• Love 1
On 5/22/2017 at 9:58 PM, thuganomics85 said:

So, how will Charlotte explain a burnt up Chez in her office?!  Or will she just ask the boys to help take care of it?

I just assumed the brawl was in downtown LA. Downtown LA has/had these weird pockets that are/were just empty--no open businesses, empty apartments, no cars, and no people. Admittedly it's been about a decade since I've been there and there has been some revitalization, but for a really long time there were parts of downtown where there wasn't shit happening.

http://www.laweekly.com/news/20-before-and-after-google-street-views-show-las-dramatic-changes-since-2007-4780375

The preview for next week has the boys talking about mom's failing vessel so I assume they help move the body.

Was naming the son Chet suppose to be a wink to Chet Hanks? I sure hope so. Sure the mother and his parents couldn't be more different but the rich kid terrible rap career makes me think so.

@Gigi43 I think the character was an intentional  reference to Chet "Haze" Hanks, whose fronting fool ass graduated from Northwestern.

• Love 3

I really liked this episode.  Everyone has hit on most of the things I liked - Chloe fangirling, the varied interactions, Maze's anger, but the one thing I really liked that wasn't mentioned was the writers really addressed Amendiel feeling like second fiddle to Luci.  He is as under appreciated as Maze.  One thing that bothered me last episode was that Amendeal did not meet his father - only Lucifer and Mom.   He is as much a son as Lucifer and has spent most of his life doing his father's bidding.  I like that they are adding depth and showing very human emotion of jealousy and the bitterness it engenders.  I loved how happy shocked he seemed when it turned out he was the favorite son.

(edited)
On 5/23/2017 at 0:40 AM, missbonnie said:

I'm over here dying at Lucifer's pantomime about the guy getting shot. I love this show so much. 

{paraphrasing some, can't remember exact lines}

"I was with him on the phone, and I heard ... I heard fingers!"  &  "He was shot, and it sounded like he was dying - or melting."

"So, our lead on this case is a butt-boobs-eyes, thing.  Great."

"There is a light, shining in you."
"Did my bandage fall off?" *checks wrist*

*breaking concrete benches while rolling around lmao*

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 3
On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 10:58 PM, thuganomics85 said:

I like it when they let Lauren German be more comedic.

She's surprisingly good at it (I say that not having seen her in anything but this and a few minutes of Hostel or whatever, some horror thing, so not knowing if she has done comedy before) given they make her the straight man on the show most of the time. I actually liked her and Charlotte the most in their scene's together, though Chloe and Dan laughing about Step Daddy Dan was adorable. I like that they are friends.

Loved everything revolving around the Linda storyline. Makes sense she would be in serious trouble, typical Lucifer to make things so much worse, and I love it any time Maze stands up for her friends. Maze is my favorite in a show filled with favorites. (the preview for next week has me very worried though! YIKES!)

My love for this show has been coming back. These past two episodes have been great. I am still not very interested in the whole Mother and going back to Heaven storylines but like I said, I kind of enjoyed Charlotte with Chloe (who would have imagined?!)

• Love 1

I constantly catch myself being astonished by how good this show is and how much I like it.  I remember mocking the Hell out of the premise when I first heard it.

He's the Prince of Darkness

She's a cop on the edge

Together, they fight crime.

I planned to check out the first episode to laugh at how deep the stupid ran and expected the show to be shit-canned by episode three.  And the first episode was pretty good.  The second one was better and before I knew I was totally hooked and this was appointment TV for me.

• Love 9

My take on the fight was that they were fighting on the supernatural level. Us not seeing them was no different than not seeing their true faces 

• Love 4
On 5/24/2017 at 0:19 AM, Emma9 said:

That was my take. Two people fighting? Okay, maybe the cops get called, especially if one of them's a woman. Two people repeatedly clashing with enough force to break concrete? It could be written off as staged/a stunt/etc. Now, the whole thing not showing up on Youtube within five minutes, on the other hand...

I did. When Mum was sassing about the dress code for the party, my first thought was 'Do you realize who she's been living with?'

Not really. What was the episode a bit ago where someone needed to fight a suspect's henchman before they could do the interview (because...reasons) and instead of doing it himself Lucifer cues Maze. I don't find it odd that she's his equal or better in a physical fight.

Now, what did puzzle me a bit was Lucifer not healing more quickly, since Chloe was nowhere in the vicinity.

I think them BOTH being supernatural being is why they could hurt each other and why it took so long to heal.

That so oblivious. Chole raided maze closet.  Good spot!  

• Love 1
On 5/22/2017 at 2:19 AM, paulvdb said:

Now I want that wedding to happen just to see the reactions of Lucifer and Amenidiel to having Dan as their step-dad.

Step-DAN!

On 5/22/2017 at 5:14 AM, wayne67 said:

I laughed so hard when Charlottes wound killed that wannabe kingpin. It reminded me of the ark of the covenant.

I think that was intentional.

On 5/24/2017 at 3:35 AM, johntfs said:

The reason that the ethics review guy was there in the first place was that Linda had committed a criminal act and was only out of jail because she knows cops.  From there, it only got worse, as Luci would. not. shut. up! 

• Love 1

I loved this like everyone else.  But...i thought the bit with the key was a problem because it hadn't reacted to the blade before even though Amanadiel had held it.  Are we supposed to assume that reading the book made a difference because that doesn't make sense.  

I think that we are supposed to think that Chloe raided her own closet.  Hidden depths and all that.  Besides would Maze's clothes fit her so perfectly?

i agree about Ella.  Especially because it is doubt that makes faith necessary.  If you don't have faith you have certainty.