Type keyword(s) to search

Joe & Kendra: Looking Forward To Side Hugs

• Start Topic

45 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

I might give Jessa a pass if the sandals were nicer, better made & more formal looking.  But they came from the run of the mill shoe store, 3 years ago for Jill's wedding.   I'm surprised they've held up as long as they have.

I think Jess has some problems with her feet and finds those shoes most comfortable.   She must have purchased more than one pair to still be wearing the same one since Muffy's wedding.

The girls accidentally ended up being admired by foot fetishists on Wikifeet. Maybe she likes showing off her feet, because any attention is better than none. After all, Jess wants to keep reminding everyone that she's "the pretty one".

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, Tasya said:

In the picture where everyone is standing, Jana looks gorgeous. She has to be choosing to stay single because there is no way that some fundy guy out there hasn't approached JB about her. 

But if Boob says no, does Jana get to protest?  I really hope Jana would have the final say, but nothing her control freakazoid father did would surprise me.

It seems like one of her siblings would have tried to play matchmaker by now, like Jessa did for Jin.  Maybe she's just very choosy.  I really don't have a clue.

So JoKen's wedding makes Jana how many times a bridesmaid by now?  Did Jana get stuck making the bridesmaid's dresses this time?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Triple P said:

Unfortunately, I think it was the episode where the kids decorated a hotel room for JB and Michelle's anniversary getaway. The decorations included a card that read "Be fruitful and multiply."

Gross.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Tasya said:

In the picture where everyone is standing, Jana looks gorgeous. She has to be choosing to stay single because there is no way that some fundy guy out there hasn't approached JB about her. 

But a decent, hardworking, secure, humble, stable fundy guy? Pretty sure he wouldn't want to subject himself to Boob's invasive shenanigans and authority and be tied to this insane family.

Jana is indeed very pretty, but there are other lovely fundy women out there, and they are probably coming with less crazy ''terms & conditions'' than her family's.

Considering this, I'm not sure it's so much a choice for Jana to remain single, given the pickings are likely very slim, and consisting probably of a lot of weirdos, pretentious famewhores (looking at you, Jeremy) or grifting assholes (looking at you, Dreck).

Edited by PinkyCupcake
Typo
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, lascuba said:

If nothing else, Jessa wearing those sandals for every occasion should put paid to the criticism that she's so vain. Hell, it should put paid to the very idea that vanity is a bad thing altogether, because, damn, those shoes are awful for everything except the most casual wear. 

My sister had an identical pair around age 12, and she is known to loathe formal wear. Shoes are a guilty pleasure for me, and it so disappointing to see Jessa continue to wear the same bland sandals when she has a wide world of more elegant and appropriate options.

• Love 3

Jessa is not the only person who keeps wearing the same shoes. Jinger also seems to be wearing the same sandals she's had forever. 

I don't care what they wear on their feet for the most part.  

1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

But if Boob says no, does Jana get to protest?  I really hope Jana would have the final say, but nothing her control freakazoid father did would surprise me.

It seems like one of her siblings would have tried to play matchmaker by now, like Jessa did for Jin.  Maybe she's just very choosy.  I really don't have a clue.

So JoKen's wedding makes Jana how many times a bridesmaid by now?  Did Jana get stuck making the bridesmaid's dresses this time?

I doubt Jana made the bridesmaid dresses. Maybe Jana is Anne Elliot, unable to speak up earlier but is growing the wisdom to do so later in life. 

• Love 7

Any chance Boob will lay off the baby-making pressure on JoKen?  I mean, he's got all those married daughters who are producing just as fast as they can, and his only other married son's wife is practically outpacing Michelle.  Maybe he leaves these two alone and they actually get a chance to just be married for awhile before they have another mouth to feed?

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Any chance Boob will lay off the baby-making pressure on JoKen?  I mean, he's got all those married daughters who are producing just as fast as they can, and his only other married son's wife is practically outpacing Michelle.  Maybe he leaves these two alone and they actually get a chance to just be married for awhile before they have another mouth to feed?

Not a chance.  I am sure he feels the key to keeping the show on the air and the gravy train on the tracks is to have as many of them pregnant and reproducing like bunnies at all times.  He would probably faint from ecstasy if 4 or 5 of them were simultaneously knocked up.

• Love 12

I feel like the Duggar grandchildren are going to start looking inbred before long. JoKen and J'Austen look like they could be brother and sister. Even Derick, Bin and Anna have similar coloring to their spouses and the rest of the siblings. At least Marjorie was part Latina and could've spiced up the gene pool a bit. They've gotta get some variety mixed in before these people are totally indistinguishable. Hopefully Jeremy's dark Italian looks come through when Jinger finally gets pregnant.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, PinkyCupcake said:

But a decent, hardworking, secure, humble, stable fundy guy? Pretty sure he wouldn't want to subject himself to Boob's invasive shenanigans and authority and be tied to this insane family.

Jana is indeed very pretty, but there are other lovely fundy women out there, and they are probably coming with less crazy ''terms & conditions'' than her family's.

Considering this, I'm not sure it's so much a choice for Jana to remain single, given the pickings are likely very slim, and consisting probably of a lot of weirdos, pretentious famewhores (looking at you, Jeremy) or grifting assholes (looking at you, Dreck).

Yeah, seems pretty clear to me that, although I do think Der/Bin/Jer are attracted to their respective wives, they all had some powerful motivations beyond that attraction to want to sign up for the Duggar life.

I don't think it's an accident that three guys with dreams of ministry/missionary prominence -- likely media-fueled prominence since as millennials they probably all see that as the future of religion-- signed up. They had more than one reason to overlook the horror of having JB and M for in-laws.

But some other guy, one who would just like to live his life without cameras and without trying to clamber to the top of some public-Christian-type profession, would have only his attraction to the Duggarlette in question to tempt him. And, heck, there are other pretty young women out there besides Jana. And the others don't come with the in-laws from hell. (And I expect a lot of young conservative Christian guys consider JB and M as much in-laws from hell as we do. .... Heck, I think that Jer, at least, does also, and quite possibly Der and Bin as well by this point ...  )

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

But how will they get to 200 if he doesn't keep a-pushin? Huh? 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Temperance said:

Jessa is not the only person who keeps wearing the same shoes. Jinger also seems to be wearing the same sandals she's had forever. 

I don't care what they wear on their feet for the most part.  

I doubt Jana made the bridesmaid dresses. Maybe Jana is Anne Elliot, unable to speak up earlier but is growing the wisdom to do so later in life. 

My favorite Austen book! ?

As for Jessa's sandals, she's probably gone back for additional pairs since Jill's wedding. What's odd is that I've seen her in nice flats when in less dressy attire. She may still be vain, but that doesn't mean she knows how to dress herself to be presentable like, say, Jana, in her everyday wear. She's almost as schlumpy as Jill these days: loose tees with knee-length denim skirts vs. Jill's double-layered v-necks paired with that godawful striped maxi. If they dress like this with only two kids, imagine what they'll look like after a few more. 

I hope Jinger doesn't fall into this trap. I've already lost hope for Joy. Maybe Kendrab will surprise us, but I doubt it. Wedding dress aside, she's already on the schlumpy modesty train.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I don't think there's any way Jana would have made those dresses.  Fitted lace dresses for 10 females of various sized & shapes is beyond her scope, especially in the amount of time they had.  She's competent, but I don't think she's got the advanced skills needed to pull that off.  We would have seen more evidence of it by now, other than her making simple men's ties & modifying purchased dresses. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, leighdear said:

I don't think there's any way Jana would have made those dresses.  Fitted lace dresses for 10 females of various sized & shapes is beyond her scope, especially in the amount of time they had.  She's competent, but I don't think she's got the advanced skills needed to pull that off.  We would have seen more evidence of it by now, other than her making simple men's ties & modifying purchased dresses. 

I hope she didn't make them, simply because she's used as a mother to how many kids now?  

JoKen will probably be announcing a blessing-to-be any day now.  That will definitely endear them to Boob.  I wonder if how much money each will inherit will depend on how many blessings they produce in the least amount of time?

• Love 3

Pickles and Hairspray added some more wedding photos, and Kendra's dress is so pretty. I'm also seriously freaked out over the fact that Mrs. Caldwell looks younger than half the bridesmaids. If Kendra takes after her mother, she's going to age really well. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Pickles and Hairspray added some more wedding photos, and Kendra's dress is so pretty. I'm also seriously freaked out over the fact that Mrs. Caldwell looks younger than half the bridesmaids. If Kendra takes after her mother, she's going to age really well. 

A poster also brought to light that the pastor and his wife had some hanky panky going on that resulted in Kendra being born 6 months before they wed. 

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Fuzzysox said:

A poster also brought to light that the pastor and his wife had some hanky panky going on that resulted in Kendra being born 6 months before they wed. 

What?! And this is the guy who hates gays? Glass houses, right?

Congratulations video for Mason's birth. Is it me or is Joe looking ten years younger since he got laid? He actually looks like a guy in his early 20s rather than a middle aged high school geometry teacher. Marriage suits both of them. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 20

No, Kendra was born 8 months AFTER the wedding. Still, they were likely engaged when they... umm... engaged in some pre-marital hanky panky and probably moved up the wedding date to be on the safe side.

eta: How many times did Joe cram "the Lord" into that 18 second blurb? We get it; you're holier than the rest of us unwashed heathens. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 13

I believe it was either 12/97 or 1/98. No sooner or later. I just don't have the exact date on hand ATM. I want to say January.

eta: Based on Kendrab's DOB, if she was full term, she was conceived between 11/14-11/22. 

Oops! ?

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 3
59 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I believe it was either 12/97 or 1/98. No sooner or later. I just don't have the exact date on hand ATM. I want to say January.

eta: Based on Kendrab's DOB, if she was full term, she was conceived between 11/14-11/22. 

Oops! ?

The poster said she found it on Caldwell's blog that they were married January but I can't remember if she said 1999!? 

Scandal! Hussie mom pregnant before marriage! Hmmm that would be fun to snark on because it's always the bible belters that fall the hardest.

****found the original poster on Pickles comment:

It was posted on their blog I think. They list that they got married in January of 1998 and Kendra was born in august of 1998.

LikeShow more reactions

· Reply · 

· September 14 at 5:57am

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 2

And if memory serves, Mama Caldwell subsequently took down the blog or deleted their wedding date from it (this was a few months ago when FJ peeps were poking around). I never bothered to look beyond screenshots that are somewhere on FJ. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

Kendra was born 

August 11, 1998 

Frantically looking for her parent's wedding date.

Seeing Kendra's birth year just freaked me out. My oldest was born in October 2002. She is just a baby (freshman this year). I can't imagine her being married in four years...or wanting that for her!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Totally said:

Kendra forgot to do the compulsory stare adoringly at headship 

Give the girl some time - they've only been married a week.  Maybe she's a slow learner or her mom forgot to tell her during their prewedding talk.  But yes, she needs to get with it.  She's a Duggar wife now.

• Love 3

I always find it amusing when bible thumpers get caught, metaphorically, with their pants down. The born-agains I knew growing up were the biggest sluts in town (male and female). 

I do hope Kendra was never blamed or shamed for being conceived out of wedlock. Heck, my grandmother was born eight months after her parents were married, in rural Nebraska, in 1929. 

• Love 10
23 minutes ago, HooHooHoo said:

Seeing Kendra's birth year just freaked me out. My oldest was born in October 2002. She is just a baby (freshman this year). I can't imagine her being married in four years...or wanting that for her!

Isn't that crazy? My eldest was born in May, 2000. Just saw her and her date and mob of friends off to their last Homecoming dance.  The thought of HER being married in ten years, even after finishing college and getting established in a career is too much. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Congratulations video for Mason's birth. Is it me or is Joe looking ten years younger since he got laid? He actually looks like a guy in his early 20s rather than a middle aged high school geometry teacher. Marriage suits both of them. 

Justin had a baby?

• Love 2
4 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Ah, yes, Joe. You're excited to see what the Lord has in store for Mason. .... For how many of y'all has the Lord had anything interesting -- or even halfway decent -- in store so far? What's the Duggar clan batting on these exciting things from the Lord? ...I'd put it at about .01  or so. At best. 

As you mentioned, Joe does look 10 years younger, though. That keep-reciting-the-book-of-Proverbs-instead-of-dating-or-masturbating thing can really age a guy, apparently. 

• Love 21
1 hour ago, HooHooHoo said:

I couldn't imagine that either....though I will say that having two boys age 26 and 32 who, to my knowledge, have not even had serious girlfriends yet is getting a bit old. 

Mostly it was the dates rather than the years that sounded familiar on Kendra's parents, though...Mr Jyn and I were married Jan 27, 1985 and had our first baby ( 8lb 10oz) the following Aug 23. 

• Love 3

Joe looks so much better after getting laid. 20 years of Fundy misery and repressive upbringing of Nike and masturbation sermons.  His spotty, greasy complexion and melon head seemingly cleared up overnight.

Maybe now Joe can be a bit more his own person and hopefully make his own way out of the Duggarverse.

Kendra really looked lovely on her wedding day.

• Love 14

I recently read an online article in Redbook. A young woman who saved sex for marriage was sharing her story of her struggles with sex after she was married. I forget the medical term she was diagnosed with, but basically her vaginal muscles tightened up to the point intercourse was not happening. She went on to share that the core issue to her problem was psychological and that with all the emphasis on not having premarital sex during her teen years she basically put sex in the 'bad column' in her brain. Her wish was that rather than only being told to wait for sex she was also giving proper sex education. 

The article made me think of Kendra and the Duggars. The Duggars raise their kids with only two extremes; premarital sex bad and marital sex great. I wonder what knowledge Kendra has of sex.

• Love 9
21 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I recently read an online article in Redbook. A young woman who saved sex for marriage was sharing her story of her struggles with sex after she was married. I forget the medical term she was diagnosed with, but basically her vaginal muscles tightened up to the point intercourse was not happening. She went on to share that the core issue to her problem was psychological and that with all the emphasis on not having premarital sex during her teen years she basically put sex in the 'bad column' in her brain. Her wish was that rather than only being told to wait for sex she was also giving proper sex education. 

The article made me think of Kendra and the Duggars. The Duggars raise their kids with only two extremes; premarital sex bad and marital sex great. I wonder what knowledge Kendra has of sex.

I've heard of this and can see how it happens. What at least the Duggar girls have going for them is sex is viewed in a positive light, as long as it meets certain criteria. I would think the women who would be more at risk for the vaginal anxiety attack (I can't remember the term for it) would be the ones where s-e-x is never discussed.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Was she diagnosed with vaginismus (which is sometimes both physiological and psychological)?

I am sometimes phased at how unknowledgable women can be about their own bodies- especially women growing up in cults like this. How can you show him how to get you off if you cannot even get yourself off?!! Lol /off to watch Jeremy's masturbation sermon

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Vaginismus is the correct term for an involuntary muscle spasm that prevents intercourse or makes it very painful.  There is almost always a major psychological component, though it can also result when a woman has had a painful experience in that area; an injury, lacerations from childbirth, even a severe vaginal infection. I've even seen a young woman who tried to use tampons for the first time and somehow ended up scratching herself in the process who had problems later on.  And, of course, it can also result in the aftermath of a sexual assault.

I've seen it a lot in my practice over the years; it is certainly not unusual in girls raised in strict religious homes where abstinence prior to marriage was an absolute requirement.  It's not just fundies, strict Catholics and Muslims seem to suffer from this particular problem above the usual rates.

Teaching all young women about their bodies and how they work as well as encouraging all of them to be comfortable touching themselves in that area.  Even if they don't masturbate, they need to know where the plumbing is and how it works.  

Amen @doodlebug. I always appreciate your posts. 

• Love 8
18 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Yeah, seems pretty clear to me that, although I do think Der/Bin/Jer are attracted to their respective wives, they all had some powerful motivations beyond that attraction to want to sign up for the Duggar life.

I don't think it's an accident that three guys with dreams of ministry/missionary prominence -- likely media-fueled prominence since as millennials they probably all see that as the future of religion-- signed up. They had more than one reason to overlook the horror of having JB and M for in-laws.

But some other guy, one who would just like to live his life without cameras and without trying to clamber to the top of some public-Christian-type profession, would have only his attraction to the Duggarlette in question to tempt him. And, heck, there are other pretty young women out there besides Jana. And the others don't come with the in-laws from hell. (And I expect a lot of young conservative Christian guys consider JB and M as much in-laws from hell as we do. .... Heck, I think that Jer, at least, does also, and quite possibly Der and Bin as well by this point ...  )

@Churchhoney I believe that all 3 aspiring ministers were drawn to the Duggar girls because of JB's reputation as Gothard "royalty" and his connections with the Bates, Kellers, Wallers and the like.  But, despite Jeremy's hubris I see him floundering like the other 2. He should be staying at his church and ministering, reading those books instead of taking pictures with them. He and Derick both have 4 yr. college degrees. Why couldn't they enroll in a program for their masters in divinity? That would take them both a long way into being accepted by  mainstream religious leaders. Bin is supposed to be taking online courses? Is he? Or is he still cleaning the toilets. It seems that none of these guys really wants to work  hard for what they need. Texting about masturbation, Catholics,and transgender, taking missionications, and  lots selfies seems to sum up their existence. All 3 are play acting at being missionaries., Even though, Jeremy's father probably had influence helping him with the Plant church, it doesn't look like the plant is spreading very far. Unless all 3 step up and show some initiative, no reputable church leaders will take any one of them seriously.

• Love 16