Type keyword(s) to search

Joe & Kendra: Looking Forward To Side Hugs

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, bythelake said:

Boy, they sure know how to throw a party! 2000 people standing around holding a hot cup of coffee a cupcake, and a pocketful of salted snacks, with the howlers running amok. I wouldn't get dressed up either.

In the People article it says "the theme was classic and formal with a romantic evening feel."  Then it goes on to explain the "fun and festive" reception food of cupcakes, coffee & snack mix.  Somehow these two things don't go together in my book. 

Can't wait to see Boob's & MEchelle's parents of the groom outfits. As usual, I'm sure Grandma Mary looked properly dressed for a wedding.

• Love 15

I too feel like the problem arises in the fact that Cousin Amy shouldn't have tried to wear all the current trends at once... the hillbilly family is just tragic.  It would pass for attire at a regular Sunday church service.  Maybe.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Wow, those people seriously consider that appropriate attire for a church wedding?!

I think they look fine. They are neat, clean, and dressed appropriately for the event. This isn't a formal black tie wedding, it's a fundy wedding. The hats seem to be Danker's business logo and were more than likely taken off for the actual wedding. And snooping on his IG, he's 1000% balder than Joseph, so the hat is making a lot of sense. Seems to be a Duggar adjacent family. Theres a pic of him being flown by JD and another of him and his wife with Michelle and JimBob with another couple at a church conference. I've never heard of them, has anyone? 

• Love 4

I think that Kendra's hair and makeup is well done (especially her makeup), she looks happy and radiant, compared to Joy who looked like she didn't brush her hair and down right depressed on her wedding day. 

I agree she will probably be pregnant by Christmas. 

• Love 13
10 hours ago, Hpmec said:

These cookie cutter fundie weddings are sad events that follow quick courtships and exist for the sole purpose of allowing a young couple to enjoy some privacy and have sex. The Duggars pretty much throw the church doors open to all comers as an obvious ploy for gifts. Then they show their guests what they think of them by serving up cupcakes and pretzels. The invitees must enjoy seeing themseves on tv. I can't think of any other reason for wanting to show up. Poor Kendra. At 19, her future is set in stone. There will be a bunch of "blessings" for her to raise, a husband beholden to his father for a living, and no hope of pursuing an education or having a career - although those aspirations probably never crossed her mind anyway. Their wedding guests the Dankers look like they're auditioning for a new reality show --Hillbilly Wedding Crashers. Hope they get the gig. They're naturals. 

Sounds like a plot for Jill R's reality show that she is soooooo desperate to have.

• Love 14
31 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

In the People article it says "the theme was classic and formal with a romantic evening feel."  Then it goes on to explain the "fun and festive" reception food of cupcakes, coffee & snack mix.  Somehow these two things don't go together in my book. 

Can't wait to see Boob's & MEchelle's parents of the groom outfits. As usual, I'm sure Grandma Mary looked properly dressed for a wedding.

Well, the People folks really crave their reputation as shills and prostitutes for the famewhores they cover, don't they? Only the idiot Duggars could describe a setup that hung busted final-clearance wall sconces from a taped-up piece of gym equipment "classic," "formal," or "romantic." ... And ditto for Joe's unironed ill-fitted-to-the-max suit.  And since when is it "fun," "festive" and redolent of a "romantic evening" to stand around drinking coffee out of a styrofoam cup with a fistful of snack mix in your other hand? 

• Love 13
30 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I think that Kendra's hair and makeup is well done (especially her makeup), she looks happy and radiant, compared to Joy who looked like she didn't brush her hair and down right depressed on her wedding day. 

I agree she will probably be pregnant by Christmas. 

I wonder if Kendra had to ask her almost headship husband how he wanted her hair done like Joy asked Austin.

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, Fuzzysox said:

Sounds like a plot for Jill R's reality show that she is soooooo desperate to have.

Except the Rodriquii are less hillbilly and more Zombie Wedding Crashers.

• Love 8

To put it simply: Amy's husband looked like a slob to me.; Amy's dress was too busy for a wedding, but at least she wasn't wearing a denim skirt.

Joe and Trace looked very nice; although I thought the groom wears a white tie and the groomsmen's ties 'match' the bridesmaids?

Why do the guests seem to wear their absolutely WORST outfits in the closet to these weddings? It looks ridiculous for the couple, their bridal party and the parents to be 'so dressed up' and the guests look like they're on their way back from Lowe's Garden Shop?

• Love 12
15 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Honeymoon at Dollywood,  then help the people who were affect by Hurricane Irma, finishing with Disney World and Epcot and the Alligator farms.

Awww, isn't that adorable, them thinking that they'll be able to get anywhere near Orlando, much less Disney & Epcot.  Nobody here in Florida wants or needs the kind of "help" a Duggar can ever provide, especially in the wake of what's happening.  

They need to just stuff their pie-holes with cupcakes, make that 147th grandbaby for JB & Michelle and ignore the people that will be in REAL need, the way the Duggars always do.  The way they did for the folks in Texas. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 11

I'm going to clarify that I don't think wedding guests should go broke to buy expensive outfits to wear to a 2 hour wedding, but it's the overall sloppy, awful taste of their outfits. My own wedding dress was purchased from a thrift shop and I paid $25 for it...it was a  lace ankle length bridal dress. You don't have to spend a lot of money for an outfit, but most of 1,000 people have bad taste in clothes for a wedding?

• Love 9

Eh, denim to a wedding is just a no no in my book, unless it was a western themed wedding which it doesn't look like it was.  

The only thing I don't like about Amy's dress is the sleeves.  If it was just a sleeveless dress I would totally rock that.  Her husband looks sloppy but considering the attire of the other guests maybe he was just trying to fit in.

A wedding reception that consists of coffee, cupcakes and snacks?    Considering there's no music or dancing you couldn't pay me to attend.  Seems like a totally dull affair.

• Love 11
11 minutes ago, floridamom said:

I'm going to clarify that I don't think wedding guests should go broke to buy expensive outfits to wear to a 2 hour wedding, but it's the overall sloppy, awful taste of their outfits. 

You have to remember that these guests were going to a wedding for a bride and groom who asked for 15 pairs of athletic socks on their Amazon bridal registry!  

Hear Joe and Kendra describe their amazing, super sweet, amazing, amazing wedding day:

http://www.duggarfamily.com/2017/9/message-from-joe-and-kendra

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, floridamom said:

I'm going to clarify that I don't think wedding guests should go broke to buy expensive outfits to wear to a 2 hour wedding, but it's the overall sloppy, awful taste of their outfits. My own wedding dress was purchased from a thrift shop and I paid $25 for it...it was a  lace ankle length bridal dress. You don't have to spend a lot of money for an outfit, but most of 1,000 people have bad taste in clothes for a wedding?

Well, that's just it, though. I expect that the people who dress as some of these did for the wedding aren't trying to be disrespectful of the occasion or flout convention or whatever. I will bet that the vast majority of them dressed in what they thought was a tasteful and appropriate way. What we "know" about "appropriate dress" comes from what we ordinarily see, right? And what we see depends on where we live, where we hang out, where we shop, who we hang out with, what kinds of events we're familiar with, and what we read and, to some extent, watch on tv, basically.

I could be way off base about this, but I have a strong feeling that there are millions of people in the country whose normal for a dress-up event is like what that Danker family had on. For one thing, they clearly noted that they had "cleaned up" for the occasion. That said to me that they'd made an effort, that they didn't come in the clothes they wear to change the oil in the truck. And I think most people conceive of being "cleaned up" as dressing for a somewhat formal occasion in the style that you've seen other people dress in for that kind of occasion. The tone of their post suggested to me that they feared that they might be a tad underdressed -- likely because they don't have anything fancier in their wardrobes -- but that they'd definitely made an effort and felt that they'd come fairly close to the mark. And if you never go to an office or to a large town or read Vanity Fair or shop anywhere but Walmart, that seems kind of understandable to me.  Denim, for example, has almost been a formal uniform item in Gothard world in the past, for example. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 21
2 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I honestly thought the skinny pole and greenery were a broom somehow remaining upright when someone got distracted in the middle of sweeping a whole bunch of twigs, garland and what have you from the floor after a previous shindig, and Amy just happened to pose for that picture amid the chaos of preparations. You mean that's actually decor???

lol, I first thought it was a broom as well. Can't figure out that debris on the floor other than the picture might have been taken at the end of the festivities and someone was cleaning up. It sure looks messy for a "formal and romantic" day.

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, Jellybeans said:

I think they look just fine- they are not dressed like celebrities.  They're ordinary people.

I'm an ordinary person & I won't dress like that for a church wedding.  I think it looks tacky & disrespectful.

• Love 9

These two are the most bland and boring married couple  yet. I bet they'll get a honeymoon to England or Spain. Seems like the younger and dumber the couple gets, the better the honeymoon destinations get.

Edited by Lunera
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, ariel said:

I'm an ordinary person & I won't dress like that for a church wedding.  I think it looks tacky & disrespectful.

I'm looking at the picture again...I guess overall the girls are dressed nicely enough, though, as someone mentioned earlier, wearing a white, lacy dress to someone else's wedding is a bit of a faux pas. It's just the jackets on the girls, especially the denim ones, which makes it look awkward. I suppose they might have brought them in case it got chilly in the evening or something, but maybe they had them off for the most part (though, why wear them for the photo in that case?). The outfit on the mom, with the cardigan, is fine. The guys have on dress shirts, but doesn't almost everyone, even those who live in jeans, have at least one pair of "wedding and funeral" dress pants? And one can only hope they took off the trucker hats for the ceremony, but, again, why have them on for the photo if you are trying to show how nice you can look when you clean up? 

All in all, if they took off the hats and jackets, I guess they'd probably look decent enough for people who have to real interest or use for fashion and elegance. Not everyone does.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Barb23 said:

The thought of combining coffee and Chex Mix is kind of gross.  If they really don't feel like feeding everyone, why not just have simple cake and ice cream?  Cupcakes, coffee and snack mix is so random and odd.  And cheap.  I'm sure Jana baked and decorated all 1,287 cupcakes herself.

As for the Mother of the Groom outfit...I'm guessing she wore a nice, tasteful dress that was then eradicated to a shell of its former self by the addition of a hastily sewn-on modesty panel that did not match the dress's original color - paired with the always tasteful and functional black orthopedic shoes.

Guessing that Boob just looked like a jackass, but in a better fitting suit than the groom himself.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

but doesn't almost everyone, even those who live in jeans, have at least one pair of "wedding and funeral" dress pants? 

I was thinking that too or at least a pair they can borrow?

11 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I'm looking at the picture again...I guess overall the girls are dressed nicely enough, though, as someone mentioned earlier, wearing a white, lacy dress to someone else's wedding is a bit of a faux pas. It's just the jackets on the girls, especially the denim ones, which makes it look awkward. I suppose they might have brought them in case it got chilly in the evening or something, but maybe they had them off for the most part (though, why wear them for the photo in that case?). The outfit on the mom, with the cardigan, is fine. The guys have on dress shirts, but doesn't almost everyone, even those who live in jeans, have at least one pair of "wedding and funeral" dress pants? And one can only hope they took off the trucker hats for the ceremony, but, again, why have them on for the photo if you are trying to show how nice you can look when you clean up? 

All in all, if they took off the hats and jackets, I guess they'd probably look decent enough for people who have to real interest or use for fashion and elegance. Not everyone does.

Maybe those jean jackets are their coats that they wear normally. I put on my normal jacket to leave a wedding, but not for pictures. Wearing blues jeans would be a no for me though.  The white lacy dress looked similiar to what Jinger was wearing I wondered if she was a bridesmaid. 

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Another sad wedding background 

I wonder if they would have had that background up last year or the 7 years before?

Edited by ariel
  • Love 1
45 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

The thought of combining coffee and Chex Mix is kind of gross.

I was thinking they probably just wanted to be sure they had a non-sweet for diabetics in the crowd. Maybe that's just me because I grew up in a household with diabetic genes six ways to Sunday, but I always see that as one function of mixed-nut dishes. The generic chex mix would have some peanuts, so be relatively edible for the insulin-challenged, but, of course, way way way cheaper than mixed nuts. 

• Love 5

Jim Bob and Michelle's congratulations video is up.

Michelle's hair is the best I've seen it look in years.  It's pinned back with a bit of twist and the back is straightened.  Wow. The dead possum curls are tamed!   

Grade For Michelle Duggar Wedding Hair:   A

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Fuzzysox said:

Mechelle looks like she is about to go on stage for Hee Haw with that God awful hairdo! 

Is Danielle Bin's sinner sister that left when she was 18 to go live with a guy?

It's not good in that picture.  It's much prettier in the video.  For Michelle, this a huge improvement. 

• Love 1