Type keyword(s) to search

S33.E12: Slayed the Survivor Dragon

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

6 hours ago, green said:

We know what happened to his mom and when it happened.  Two days after the final tribal council.  Do the math.  I'm not spoiled but I believe next week Adam is almost certainly going to get the call to get back home asap and will leave the game immediately.  I can't think of any other explanation for 6 players entering the finale episode.

This is plausible.  The only other thing I can think of is that maybe Ken's advantage is an additional boot?  Either case would be disappointing.

After the first epi I posted that the cast was completely unlikeable.  Where did they find 20 such unpleasant people?  Ha.  Now I'm thinking this is one of the best seasons ever since there are no Hantzes, no Philips, no Dan Foleys.  Never thought I'd be rooting for Jay but he has been playing a great game.  If he runs the table for immunity he is a shoe in to win it all, against everyone.  Barring a Jay run I'm hoping the jury can appreciate how well David or Adam played.  (Those are mostly Jay's friends on the jury.  Their perspective may be completely different than what we've been led to believe.)  Put all 3 before the jury and I will be pleased with any of them winning.

• Love 12

I am so happy with this final 6 as well.  There are a couple hanger-onners (I include Ken and Brent in this group).... but overall I like everyone reasonably enough.  I love how the game keeps changing up in regard to who votes with who (in some regard), and there have been a lot of surprises without a lot of hurt feelings.  Now, that is how Survivor should be played.  I think last season and this one have been a nice change with how the voting has taken place.

I really like Jay, and I like Adam as well.  I like that they have had a complicated relationship but still take the time to talk to each other and figure each other out.  

• Love 7

I feel like I'm saying this every week, but I really love this season! Allegiances keep changing. One week someone's in deep shit, next week they're not. And, by and large, people are not sitting around petrified to make big moves. There's been so many seasons where we've seen someone considered a big threat squeak by week after week - "we'll get him next time". No trying to flush idols, just boring safe moves. But they flushed Jay's Idol. They got out Chris and Zeke, who I thought would still be here at this stage. It's been a very interesting ride. 

I also like the new challenges they're coming up with. Usually when we're in the second half of the game it's balance challenge after endurance challenge, and on and on. They're really coming up with some fun new ideas. The rolling dics into the slot thing. And the split focus puzzle. That was straight out of Big Brother. 

Aaaaand, low and behold, KEN wins a puzzle challenge! Albeit a "simple one", as he claims. I thought it was smart of Adam to help Ken win. Ken is no threat to Adam. But David and Jay are. And he could just tell David he was making sure Jay didn't win and vice versa. 

Okay, back to the first vote for a minute. I just knew Will was going to go. He got Cochraned. I did see that one coming, but I enjoyed it anyhow. He simply got too arrogant, thinking he was some big shot caller and everyone NEEDED his vote. Newsflash, they only need your vote once. Now they have the numbers. Flip flopping is risky. The fact that he thought he could flip flop to the end really showed how immature he was. The thing, no only does being a flip-flopper make people question your integrity, but the way he did it was SO personal. One week you're shouting about needing to pad your resume? Okay, then, don't be surprised when you get sent packing. Obviously they're ALL playing for themselves, but some of them have the intelligence to frame it as, "WE need to do this"...."___is a threat to US". Will made his game to individual and I'm sure that turned people off. 

Oh, and Taylor laughing at TC about how we the Survivors were going to be that night was a total dick move. Still cannot stand him. Bring that bug back for round two! 

I really really love the yin yang relationship between Adam and Jay. This is why I watch Survivor. They've been on opposite sides most of the game, but they truly respect each other. Seeing them bond over their mothers made me cry, I'm not going to lie. At this point, Adam is definitely someone I'm rooting for. And it IS partially because of his mother. I wouldn't root for someone on that alone, but the fact that his mother is dying is giving him great motivation and I DO think he is playing a good game. He has made some errors, but I think at this point he is just as big of a threat as David, and no one is coming for him. 

He got Jay to flush his Idol, which was great. And while he didn't get his way with throwing the other votes David's way, I think that's okay. Jay, Sunday, and Brett could still work together. So if David had gone home, Adam's side wouldn't have the numbers. Now they do. Of course any of them could flip any way, and that's what makes this show so great! But I do understand the merit's of Hannah's desire to send Sunday. Sunday IS someone you'd want to bring to the end. Send the goats back to the farm. I'd like to see a final three where everyone truly worked hard and made moves and deserved to be there. This is really shaping up to be one of my favorite seasons. 

• Love 14
7 minutes ago, uoflfan said:

I am so happy Sunday is gone.  This is the first season ever that I'd be fine with any of the F6 winning.

I agree with that statement. I didn't hate Sunday (Monday's are the worst...LOL!!) but she wasn't a strong player either. The Final 6 are a pretty strong group. I like Brett the most but I don't think he was ever in real control but he could make the Final 3. I guess the real test to see who out last each other is between David & Adam. I will be interested to see how that plays out. It seems most are less trusting of David so I could see him going out before Adam.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Rachel RSL said:

This may be my favourite season ever. They cast actual fans and they're all playing hard. They even know to get rid of the goat! And they're all relatively nice and likable people. It just goes to show that you don't have to cast a Russell or a Dan Foley to get a dramatic season. As a fan, I find it so refreshing to have a season where there isn't a hateful person who was clearly cast because they're an asshole.  

I absolutely love the relationship between Jay and Adam. I wish they both could win. But I also want Ken, David and Hannah to win. I don't know, I'd be happy with any of them winning at this point except Brett.

Pretty pretty Ken won a puzzle challenge! He has a brain! Nice of Adam to watch Ken's ball (hee!) towards the end there.

++++1 to this entire post.  I was heading over here to basically say all of this (up to and including Ken's ball).  hee!

12 hours ago, LanceM said:

Hannah's thinking was strategically sound. It was the Cirie strategy from Panama. If someone on your tribe is planning on bring a goat to the final that means they are not bringing you.  You solve this dilemma by voting out the goat. 

I was all, Hannah!!  THANK YOU.  I absolutely did not want to see Sunday at the end, even though she would've made a perfect goat.  But Hannah was right - Sunday sitting there instead of someone who actually played the game is the Survivor conundrum...a goat is a waste of space in the Final 3, and yet it's a great way to win the game when you've actually played hard.  I found it funny that it was always "BretandSunday," since what one did, the other followed.  Still two semi-goats in the game in Bret and Ken, but I'd like to think that they'd at least have something interesting to say at a FTC.

11 hours ago, mojoween said:

I am so not ready for this season to be over.

I am already suffering from the PSFTCB (post-Survivor Final Tribal Council Blues).  Seriously, this season for me has been so redemptive, and that makes me happy.  It's just a tv show, yes.  But I've been watching since Season 1 and it has found a place in my heart for many reasons.

I was so happy to see Poseidon Will get the boot.  When you go around shouting from the mountaintops that you're the one running the game, you might as well snuff your own torch.

I am loving the Adam/Jay relationship.  I'm wondering if they might just find a way to be seated together at the end, with the understanding that one of them would take first place and the other, second.  It cracks me up when the two of them discuss their "sick relationship."  And I agree with other posters - I won't soon forget their bonding conversation in the hammock.  

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 19
14 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

I'm ok with any of the remaining six winning except Hannah. She's a strong player but how many times was she saved? And was she saved to be used by someone for her votes? I could see a jury voting her for the win. 

Same for Ken.

I think Bret and Ken are who I'd be least happy with winning. I see no way Ken can win unless we have a bitter jury. His team is mostly in the game still and I'd think if he were F3 with two of Dave, Hannah or Adam combo.... one of them would win unless the jury is bitter. Ken just hasn't played the strategic game. And many of the folks seem annoyed by him...ie: Will. If he goes F3 with maybe Bret and Hannah... then maybe I would say his win wouldn't be necessarily due to a bitter jury, though I do think Hannah and even Bret 'played' harder.

Anyway...I said way back when they voted out Tayls over Jay that Jay would win the whole thing. I think he will. And I haven't been a fan of the guy as a person but, dang, he deserves to win as he really really played a great game. Adam is also deserving the win. I can't believe no eyes are on him. They are focused on Dave but it's Adam they should be focused on. Dave hasn't really done much in several episodes. He's puttered out, it seems.

I'll be fine with any of these six winning.... except maybe Ken and Bret. I wonder if it wILL be all millennial or all gen x for an F3. That would be a twist if they play teams next week and whichever team loses immunity goes to jury. Won't happen. And I worry about Adam being pulled to go home. I also think Ken's thing will be an eviction of someone. I bet he'd pick Jay.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Lamima said:

Adam is also deserving the win. I can't believe no eyes are on him. They are focused on Dave but it's Adam they should be focused on. Dave hasn't really done much in several episodes. He's puttered out, it seems.

I think the reason the castaways (not the viewers) see David more as a threat is because he probably has more solid relationships with people (Ken, Jessica and Hannah) compared to Adam. So they are afraid he would get more jury votes, as opposed to Adam, who played really hard but probably doesn't have any solid people who will give him the win. I see even his close ally Hannah voting for David at FTC instead of Adam. Ironically, Jay may be the only one who might vote for Adam in the FTC, if he is not there himself.

I loved that conversation between Jay and Adam too. But I was quite amused that we have these two dudes lying together on the hammock, having a heartfelt conversation and crying, while Ken is obliviously chopping wood just in front of them. Did Ken even try to eavesdrop? I would have but knowing Ken, probably not. My heart when Jay pulled his buff over his face to hide the crying and Adam clutching that pillow to hide his. Both looked like they are 7 years old right then.

• Love 20

The question I keep asking myself is, how can this show end up with a miraculous FTC of David, Jay and Adam?

Makes sense that Ken's advantage is an eviction, with 6 players left.  I wonder if he'd pick Jay, though, based on the fact that he sees so much of himself in Jay.  Also wondering if Jay could talk Ken out of choosing Adam.  If this is indeed an eviction, and Ken takes out Bret, I will do a dance right in the middle of my living room.

4 minutes ago, waving feather said:

I loved that conversation between Jay and Adam too. But I was quite amused that we have these two dudes lying together on the hammock, having a heartfelt conversation and crying, while Ken is obliviously chopping wood just in front of them. Did Ken even try to eavesdrop? I would have but knowing Ken, probably not. My heart when Jay pulled his buff over his face to hide the crying and Adam clutching that pillow to hide his. Both looked like they are 7 years old right then.

Heart-breakingly accurate.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 10
23 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

The question I keep asking myself is, how can this show end up with a miraculous FTC of David, Jay and Adam?

Makes sense that Ken's advantage is an eviction, with 6 players left.  I wonder if he'd pick Jay, though, based on the fact that he sees so much of himself in Jay.  Also wondering if Jay could talk Ken out of choosing Adam.  If this is indeed an eviction, and Ken takes out Bret, I will do a dance right in the middle of my living room.

Heart-breakingly accurate.

Yeah, Bret would be my second guess. Would be smart to take out Jay but Ken isn't exactly playing smart. I would also be pleased if he took out Bret the way Hannah did Sunday... sending the goats packing. I'd love for there to be a deserving F3 (would love Adam, Jay and Dave).

Edited by Lamima
  • Love 3

Jay is far more honest and loyal to Adam - Adam routinely stabs Jay in the back and screws him over, but Jay continues to forgive him and confide in him, it really blows my mind.  

When Adam told Jay about his mom I knew that Jay would never do anything to put Adam out of the game, and would probably try to protect him.  Sadly,   I know that Adam doesn't have the same level of compassion and will boot Jay the first chance he has - like helping Ken to make sure Jay didn't win, and then telling Jay he needs to play his idol.  Trusting Jay believes Adam.  

I know it's not the friendship game - but the way Adam treats Jay really makes me sad, and I REALLY hope Adam doesn't win.

• Love 8

I didn't care for the early episodes of this season-- the Millennials, particularly Figgy, Taylor, and Hannah, showed some of the behavior and attitudes that are stereotypical for their demographic and that I have little patience for in my mid-30s old age. But I think this has turned into a solid middle-to-upper tier season since the time of Michaela's blindside. No one is an irredeemable asshole in the "Dirty Thirty" sense, and even when there's a tendency to make "big moves" for the sake of making them, the players are at least able to articulate their rationale in a way that has an internal logic for that voting cycle.

In terms of a character arc, he's not the most likable castaway ever, but I think Jay is being positioned for the win, with David being a strong contender, as well. David has a definite narrative going for him, but that was true of Aubry last season, so it's not like the narrative has to pay off in the most predictable way.

We already know which two are coming back next season-- though "Game Changers" is as much of a stretch for both of them as it is for several of the other returning cast members-- but I'd also be on board with David and Ken returning, and maybe Adam, Michelle, or Jessica at some point.

• Love 2

If you didn't notice, go back and check out Hannah's face in the voting montage.  She just holds up Sunday's name and has this look of utter disdain on her face, as though no words need be uttered.   It's absolutely priceless.  Adam's is pretty great, too.

I feel like Hannah's voting out Sunday-as-goat was a gift to us fans (or maybe just to me).  It is SO MUCH BETTER to watch real gamers get to the end.  Now let's get rid of Bret and I'll be pleased as punch with whatever happens next.

Couple other things:  Has there ever been such a consistently sour juror as Jessica?  And why does Sunday's hair look so bad?  I mean none of them have combs, but her hair is the worst I can remember.  I personally wanted to travel to Fiji weekly and braid it back, so we'd all be spared.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Special K said:

If you didn't notice, go back and check out Hannah's face in the voting montage.  She just holds up Sunday's name and has this look of utter disdain on her face, as though no words need be uttered.   It's absolutely priceless.  Adam's is pretty great, too.

I feel like Hannah's voting out Sunday-as-goat was a gift to us fans (or maybe just to me).  It is SO MUCH BETTER to watch real gamers get to the end.  Now let's get rid of Bret and I'll be pleased as punch with whatever happens next.

Couple other things:  Has there ever been such a consistently sour juror as Jessica?  And why does Sunday's hair look so bad?  I mean none of them have combs, but her hair is the worst I can remember.  I personally wanted to travel to Fiji weekly and braid it back, so we'd all be spared.

Now lets get rid of Bret...and Ken.

Sunday's hair was bad, but did you see Hannah's at the last TC? I was thinking 'girl, can't you tame that mess a bit???'.

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, vibeology said:

This has to be one of the best and most fascinating things to come out of Survivor in years. These two guys claim to dislike each other, but so much of their gametime is spent talking, checking in, being aware of what the other is doing. They're on opposite sides of nearly every vote but talk more than some allies do. They act like they're not friends, but they're sharing deep, personal stuff and in many ways have each other's back. I would be truly shocked if Jay goes around and tells anyone about Adam's mom. Shocked. Plus Jay gave Adam the family visit and Adam paid him back with the advantage and both are canny game moves but are also the things you do for a friend. I'm actually blown away by how captivating I'm finding their strange relationship. I can't think of another Survivor relationship quite like it.

Right? like - They are never working together, but they work together more than anyone else i've ever seen ever. It's not some frat-friendship like the 3 amigos... actually, it's a more intriguing relationship that of say a Elisabeth/Rodger or Pappy/Neleh... or going way back: Kelly + Sue before crap went down. Because I don't know with the first two if they remained close after all of this time (and we know Kelly + Sue were basically dead on arrival by the final tribal council). This friendship is totally Miles O Brien/Dr Bashir on DS9. they went from hating each other to becoming best friends. lol.

But they could totally be bonded by this because of their mothers. (I don't cry really, but i really wanted to when I saw that). I don't see Adam pulling out the Mom/Cancer card and I usually call crap on that right there. (neither Jay and his Mom/Illness Card). and even knowing everything (That Adam's Mama died), I don't think I'll be mad if Adam used it in Final Tribal if he gets there, depending on how he says it. There are many weapons to use in Final, one of which is the Growth card (and how that Growth influenced the Game). Everyone mentioned how mental Adam was in his votes and they don't trust him,  to the point where he stopped being a target and un-trustworthy. I would think a good portion of that did have to do with trying to make sure he was getting further because of his Mom. It could tie in - and then go. I realised this was more about myself,  than doing it for Mom and I don't want you to vote for me because of it. (I think there was someone who used an illness card for a family member a while back - I don't remember, but it didn't bug me). If it's like. "you should vote for me because My mom is dying and she'd like that, then, that's a no go). 

Hannah voting out Sunday vs. David (or Jay) - I don't have a problem. I think at this point she knows she's not winning (or should have some inkling), and while i know Jeff screams play to win, I don't blame people playing for third. (which is what I think the Final 3 cottons to). I think if it were still a final 2 you'd see more people not be "Goaty" and more aggressive (it's easier to beat 1 than it is to beat 2). so the faster you realise you're not winning the million, find out who your biggest threats are for 85 thousand. And i'd rather her vs. Sunday. 

Put me down for a very enjoyable season start to finish (no matter who wins really... maybe if Bret won i'd be grumps). No real bullies, only one true person i couldn't stand (Taylor) everyone wanting to play and play hard, touches of old school survivor, by focusing on relationships and camp life, and life outside of the game... More of this, Show. More of This.

• Love 9

As the saying goes, Survivor is like pizza, even good when bad. This season has been middle of the road for me but that is due to lack of anyone that I am personally rooting for so I am glad to see so many thinking it's top notch. Between David, Adam, and Hannah are in the F6, there are too many of the nerd/superfan type for my nerves, would have preferred more diversity in casting. The season is weird that way.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, PaperTree said:

I have a bad premonition J is going to win this whole thing.....

Me too and I've felt that way for quite awhile. It's not my preference. I'd much rather see David, Hannah, or Adam win. Or even Ken, just because he's pretty! But I don't hate Jay and he's played an OK game, so I won't be mad if he wins. I'm just meh over it. But I am about 99% sure he will win.

14 hours ago, Rachel RSL said:

This may be my favourite season ever. They cast actual fans and they're all playing hard. They even know to get rid of the goat! And they're all relatively nice and likable people. It just goes to show that you don't have to cast a Russell or a Dan Foley to get a dramatic season. As a fan, I find it so refreshing to have a season where there isn't a hateful person who was clearly cast because they're an asshole.  

YES! This is honestly a Top 5 season for me. And I really hope it convinces casting that they don't have to cast assholes to make the show interesting.

14 hours ago, wallflower75 said:

I will consider Adam "playing a cancer card" only if he makes it to FTC and talks about it then.

I'm going back and forth on that. I personally hated when Jeremy purposefully hid Val's pregnancy all game just to pull it out at FTC in an effort to get votes. I found that so distasteful. And so part of me really hopes Adam doesn't do the same with his mom's situation. But at the same time I really like Adam and I feel for him, so it probably won't bother me.

13 hours ago, enlightenedbum said:

I still think Ken is getting an edit that explains exactly what he did to win (kinda like Natalie White) that will make much more sense in retrospect.

I would love it if you could post your thoughts on Ken's edit in the "Winners Edit" thread. I'm really curious about why you feel this way!

11 hours ago, Quilt Fairy said:

Are they still on a normal 3 day cycle with reward challenges that we just aren't seeing?

They are doing a boot every day at this point. Or at least Will and Sunday got booted in successive days.

10 hours ago, LanceM said:

I am not sure but the fact that they gave the entire credit to Hannah for being able to switch the votes to Sunday was quite interesting to me.  I think she has a better shot at winning than people are giving her credit for though it would all come down to who she was sitting with in the end, of course.  

Yea, I thought that was very interesting, too. I think Hannah has a better shot at winning than most people think and I wouldn't be surprised if she won.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, waving feather said:

I don't believe Adam shared about his mom's illness as a strategy at all. Sometimes when you have to keep a horrible secret for so long, you just want to share it with someone you trust on a personal level and that's what he did. I just watched his secret scene confessional about it and geez, I have dust in my eyes now. These boys. Basically, he said he was relieved to share this nightmare he was living in with someone he trusts... Not in the game but in life and he believes they will be brothers forever.

ETA: Jay's confessional. Forget Taylor and Figgy, this is the true love story of this season, lol.

WHO is chopping all these motherfucking onions in my motherfucking house? The brotherhood/rivalry/respect between Adam and Jay is the best thing we've seen on this show in ages. (ETA: I forgot that quoting posts with videos is all wonky on these boards, but these are the two that @waving feather linked to: Adam talking about Jay, Jay talking about Adam.)

The guys who get voted out need to stop letting Michelle cut their hair. She is massacring them.

I can see why this was a double vote show. Neither Will nor Sunday was interesting enough to build an entire episode around. There's a little bit of schadenfreude with Will's vote after his, "Dave could beat anyone. He could even beat me!" as if he's someone, but not a lot as I don't think he's a bad kid. I just don't think they should be casting people this young and certainly not someone who's still in high school. Fortunately, this was a season of mostly nice people, but a kid could get pretty messed up if he or she had to live with a Foley or a Bench for a month.

Edited by fishcakes
  • Love 13

Watched the first half on a delay. Thought it was a bit empty yet entertaining. Shut it off and removed it from the DVR with a big smile on my face.
Came here to read the posts.  See that SUNDAY was voted out.  WTF?  Had to wait until this morning to "get" the full episode, and watch the second half.
So pissed off at myself.  My fault for going shopping and not watching it live like I usually do.  Damn you, Indigo Books.  
Sadly, this show is kind of what I live for week to week, so I was pretty sad.  Pretty, pretty sad that I made that mistake.

Hannah refuses to bathe in the ocean and it's seriously grossing me out.

Jay is the oddly beautiful one, Ken is conventionally beautiful one (and god, he so is. I kept pausing the TV to take pictures. Not kidding. When he has that thing in his mouth, he looks like he's modelling in a photo shoot.)  But I think I'm kind of in geeky love with Adam.  He's so vulnerable, and seems so smart, and thoughtful.  I loved his bonding session with Jay.  I loved the men showing emotion with each other.  I loved how open and 'honest' Adam was with Jay, telling him he's a huge threat, and Jay being so honest back, asking to be saved anyway.  It was all so *interesting*.  David was the non-focus of this episode.  But I'm still cheering for him and his grey blazer, along with Adam.  Adam very much seems like a character on a television show - and he is - but he's also a real person.  

Hannah wanting to get rid of the other goat to be the main goat was really funny.  It doesn't speak that well of women this episode, I hate to say it.  Kind of like trying to get rid of the other side chick so that you can be the Main side chick.  It does a disservice to yourself, as a woman, to only see the role that you and the other woman can play is the Goat.  But I guess it's just hard for me to appreciate a game like Hannah's, and I should try to look at things from another angle and think outside of the box.  Ken and Brett can be seen as goats, too.  But some of these women only seem to carry each other in their own sights.

It is also so funny to watch Bret's game.  He'll do Literally Whatever, and Sunday will Literally do Whatever Bret does or says, I guess?  Bret "scrambles", but he only scrambles to be told what to do by whomever.  That's so funny.  Millennials like Adam and Hannah and Will seem like Superfans, and Bret just seems like somebody who's trying to extend a vacation.

After Michaela, the people being voted out seem extremely classy.  Will had a great reaction and a huge smile.  Zeke had a great reaction too.  He's never seemed "bitter" to me just completely neutral-faced.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 8

I am struggling this season because in my head I know David, Jay and Adam deserve to win, but my heart wants my beautiful Ken to win, even though beyond some challenge successes, he doesn't deserve it. 

The only one I truly want gone now is Bret. Hannah, I am completely neutral on.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, waving feather said:

Ken acts like he's an old fogey, saying Jay reminds him of his younger version of himself 10 years ago. Dude, you are 33 and Jay is 27, that's like only 6 years difference! Oh, Ken.

Haha!!!!  I am Ken's age and I totally talk like this too.  Haha, that is so funny.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, fishcakes said:

The guys who get voted out need to stop letting Michelle cut their hair. She is massacring them.

LOLZ...on Taylor, it looked natural, because he's kind of a goof.  Chris looks like a 3-year old who just got his first haircut - all parted and slicked down.  Zeke looks ridiculous.  What I want to know is, how did Will escape Michelle's Beauty Shoppe?  I was SO hoping Will would come out half-scalped or with a mohawk or something.  The Shaun Cassidy hair doesn't really work on Will.

• Love 8

I've really liked that people could play hard and switch allegiances amongst groups while still being decent to each other at camp. 

This.  Either the annoying people (i.e. FigTayls) went home early enough, or there were just no really awful people chosen by casting.  But the past few weeks have been pretty good Survivor, with enough of the right kind of drama and very little of the wrong kind.  Even Bret and Zeke commenting about David crying seems to have been a short blip in a season in which the post-merge players have been largely likable people who know how to make moves while remaining decent people.  I'll be happy with any of several winners from this group but I don't have a single favorite that I'm rooting for, and I like it better that way.  Much less stressful.

There's also a nice lack of the "how dare they mess up MY game" attitude.  Even Jay's d'oh moment when he realized he didn't have to play his idol after all was refreshingly free of both bitterness and schadenfreude.

Makes sense that Ken's advantage is an eviction, with 6 players left. 

I keep forgetting he has that advantage.  I can see how it might be an eviction, but I'd be disappointed if it is.  That would be a lot of power for someone to obtain somewhat randomly, the way Jessica did.  (I'd be okay if that kind of advantage were bought at auction or won as a reward, but not just "found".)  I'm hoping the advantage is more along the lines of a late immunity or an extra vote. (I'm not spoiled, so I have no idea what it'll actually be.  I'm just hoping it doesn't bestow too much power.  I don't want anyone single-handedly to be able to randomly end the game for someone.)   At least the advantage that Adam found, while it had the potential to do some damage, wasn't big enough to completely ruin anyone's game.  And Adam's choice not to play it in spite of how much he wanted that loved-ones visit ended up being a more satisfying choice for the season's arc than if anyone else had actually gotten and played it.  

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Irishsecra said:

if he makes it to the end, it is the genuine friendship between these four that will have gotten him there. It is the big difference between him and Zeke. They were both strategic players but David built closer bonds with a few while zeke was the social butterfly with all. 

Your (whole) post was very interesting, a great read.

Ken didn't speak again in both TCs, why editors? 

Funny IC sp. when the ball dropped and Ken misspelled the puzzle yes he can do puzzles but not the sliding ones! and with help from Adam.

How did Hannah change Adam's vote?

Bret and Hannah won't win this game, Adam, Ken, David or Jay will win this.

• Love 1

Reading the recap reminded me that Adam tried to convince Ken that they should split the votes between Jay and David. Adam was right that that's the logical move to make, but he's crazy if he thinks that Ken is going to go along with a plan against David's interests. After leaving Fiji, Ken and David are going to adopt each other. Ken will help David have more confidence in himself and David will send Ken monthly texts reminding him it's time to pay his electric bill.

• Love 24

This is the first season where I think that the last 8 Survivors could actually make a go at building a society. (remember Jeff always talking about that) They are all so reasonable even when they are stabbing each other in the back and manipulating each other.

It's been a surprisingly good season because of the unusual game play and the lack of tribal alliances. I hope future players make note of this season. AND NO GOATS!

• Love 14
5 hours ago, waving feather said:

Ken acts like he's an old fogey, saying Jay reminds him of his younger version of himself 10 years ago. Dude, you are 33 and Jay is 27, that's like only 6 years difference! Oh, Ken.

Jay is 27? I had him pegged for maybe 21 or 22. Do 27 year olds really go around saying "Dude" and "bro" as often as Jay does? I can understand Ken talking as if there's a huge age difference between them though because Ken kind of has the soul of an 80 year old man who has lived 1000 lives. Or so he thinks.

3 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

I'm ok with any of the remaining six winning except Hannah. She's a strong player but how many times was she saved? And was she saved to be used by someone for her votes? I could see a jury voting her for the win. 

I suspect Hannah has done a lot more strategizing than we've been shown. And we have seen her be involved in discussions with people on almost every vote, going back to when she was aligned with Zeke. Plus, the way she immediately started doing calculations in the sand made me think it's clearly not the first time her and her alliance have sat down and discussed strategy like that. Has she really been saved more than anyone else? I mean, basically someone is saved every vote because of their alliance, whether it's with actual voting or an idol.

3 minutes ago, piequinn35 said:

yes he can do puzzles but not the sliding ones! and with help from Adam.

I'm pretty sure Ken would have won that even without Adam's help. He was basically done, just had to switch a couple letters around when Adam started helping. (Also very smart on Adam's part.)

2 minutes ago, fishcakes said:

Ken will help David have more confidence in himself and David will send Ken monthly texts reminding him it's time to pay his electric bill.

*dies laughing*

• Love 12
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

It cracks me up when the two of them discuss their "sick relationship."  

Re: Jay and Adam.

I agree.  It only means that they respect each other and see each other as the other's biggest threat, which is why they will not vote together.  

It's such a contrast to how ugly Zeke was towards David.  (Though I admit, we're only seeing the edited version of Jay and Adam's Brovalry.)

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 6

Very happy with both boots.  Will quickly transformed from a little inexperienced boy into a grade A arrogant ass.  "They are all wanting ME and my vote, and I'm in control."  So glorious at TC the moment when he realised that he was going to go home.

Sunday deserved to go home such a long time ago.  She was utterly useless.  When she talked in her exit about how she hopes her kids are proud of her... well, yeah.  She can be proud of herself for surviving 36 days on an island without real food or the comforts of home.  But I really hope she doesn't think she played a great strategic game.  Her only game consisted of attaching herself to others.

Hannah's insistence that they get rid of Sunday because Sunday was a goat that people would take to the finals only demonstrates that she doesn't think much of her own game.  Of course winners want goats in the final.  Goats don't get any votes.  If Hannah thinks of herself as a winner, she would have argued to get rid of Brett first, who at least seems like he would have a better chance at winning immunity than Sunday.

I still don't care for Jay, and I'm glad his idol is gone.  I hope everyone realises that they have to take him out next.  I know that Ken knows it, I hope the others do too.  Adam was stupid for telling Ken that they had to vote out David.  The fact that he even suggested this to Ken displays a remarkable unawareness for someone who is supposedly a master strategist.  He would have to have been blind to not know that Ken and David were together from the start because of circumstances.  Why would Ken chuck David now?  I think Ken and David made the right move, although I would have preferred if they had taken out Brett, but Hannah had to be mollified.  Jay's idol got flushed.  Everyone sees him as the biggest threat.  If he gets to the end, he deserves to win.

I'd be happy if any of Ken, David or Adam win.  I think Brett is almost as much of a goat as Sunday was.  His only contribution to the game was to latch on to Paul and then Chris.  He really hasn't done anything at all.  Hannah is classic goat, although I am sure she will count the ouster of Sunday in her mind as her "big move".

Edited by blackwing
  • Love 2

I'd like a final three of David, Adam and Hannah. Then you'd have a Biblical name show-down with Sunday as the deciding vote.

Of course if it was Chris vs. David, then you'd have David vs. Goliath.

• Love 11

It's interesting that so many perceive David as this huge threat and don't get me wrong, I get it and think David has played a pretty decent game. However, I don't think people liked David very much. I may be wrong but I don't get the impression people like Michelle, Taylor the turd, Chris, even Sunday now, would vote for him.

That's the way I see it too. I can't figure out why everyone is saying David is a "threat" when nobody seems to like him. I know we like to believe the jury can look beyond their petty hurt feelings and vote for game play but history doesn't bear that out. Look who won last season. The jury - more often than not - tends to vote for whoever they feel had the least to do with voting them out of the game. 

I'm willing to bet most of the jury members, especially the former Gen-Xers, feel they are superior to David and resent the fact that he's still in the game and they're not. I don't see any of them validating his game with their votes. 

That said, this has been a season of surprises so anything is possible I guess.

I feel like we have been watching long enough by now to know that the editors don't put something in that doesn't mean anything so I cannot for the life of me figure out why they subtitled Taylor whispering to Michelle that sitting in the rainstorm was the driest the remaining Survivors were going to be that night.

It means you're going to be seeing him again next season - or if not the next season then one shortly thereafter. The producers and editors lurve them some Tayls. That's why they keep making a point of showing his antics during tribal council every week. Prepare to be inundated with him on the reunion show as well.

• Love 2

This may have already been discussed (I watch the show and casually read the boards but I still don't know these people's names and who is on what alliance so it's confusing to me to follow along) but is 'resume' this year's 'voting block?'  I don't feel like I've ever heard the word used in past seasons.  And I hear it a lot this season.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Bret "scrambles", but he only scrambles to be told what to do by whomever.

Exactly, it's become one of my favorite ongoing bits, the time in every episode when Bret goes to someone and says "Okay, whatever you want to do Sunday and I are with you, lead us!" It's both embarrassing and highly amusing.

4 hours ago, Lamima said:

I wonder if it wILL be all millennial or all gen x for an F3.

I think that, unlike Probst, the players have been 'over' the theme split for a good portion of the game. When it comes to the Jury they may be thinking in tribal lines but it doesn't seem to be a factor for the remaining players what age someone is. We haven't heard any of them talk about it much of late.

I too love this odd relationship Jay and Adam have going. I loved that the convo basically came down to 'I love ya man, but I'm flushing your idol.' and Jay was like "Yeah, I know. Love ya too but you're a bastard!" *laughs*.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Rachel RSL said:

Jay is 27? I had him pegged for maybe 21 or 22. Do 27 year olds really go around saying "Dude" and "bro" as often as Jay does? I can understand Ken talking as if there's a huge age difference between them though because Ken kind of has the soul of an 80 year old man who has lived 1000 lives. Or so he thinks.

Hey, that's my pretend troubadour poet model vinyl-loving boyfriend you're talking about!

Although I do believe that Jay has replaced Ken in my heart.  In the end, those young dudes with the out-of-control curls get me every time.  I blame Ozzy.

• Love 6

Just one woman left, and I feel like nearly every woman was voted off from another woman's idea. So maybe that bodes well for Hannah with no other women left to float her name out there.

Adam's logic seems rather twisted with respect to the cancer thing. She obviously doesn't need the prize money, so it's not a financial motive. Even if Adam wins, there is no guarantee the show would air in time for her to see him on TV. The only thing we know for sure is that for one of the last months of her life, her son will be on the other side of the world playing a game instead of spending time with her. It's an odd choice, and I think many people wouldn't have done it. My default reaction certainly isn't, "Boy that Adam, what a family guy!"

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Hey, that's my pretend troubadour poet model vinyl-loving boyfriend you're talking about!

Haha I didn't mean it as an insult. I just think it's part of his Ken-ness. 

I completely understand why Adam is playing the game instead of being with his mom. This is something his mom wanted and it made her happy to know he was out there.  When someone you love is suffering like that, you do whatever you can to bring them even the smallest amount of joy.  Plus, it sounds like there was still some hope when he went on Survivor, he even got that letter saying that his mom was doing ok and had gone to the ballet.  He most likely thought (hoped) the treatments would help and, eventually, his mom would be able to watch him on the show which would make her so happy. It sounds like she took a turn for the worse while he was out there.

Edited by Rachel RSL
  • Love 8

I laughed at Bret's shock of Sunday being voted off....Ummm, you guys were going right after Jay - You aren't part of the 4 - how far did you REALLY think they were going to take you?

The 4 does appreciate your votes that last 3 or 4 tribals to get out who they wanted, so you served a purpose...see ya.

Edited by Boilergal
  • Love 3
49 minutes ago, woodscommaelle said:

This may have already been discussed (I watch the show and casually read the boards but I still don't know these people's names and who is on what alliance so it's confusing to me to follow along) but is 'resume' this year's 'voting block?'  I don't feel like I've ever heard the word used in past seasons.  And I hear it a lot this season.

This. I guess 'trust cluster' didn't take off? I guess I like that they're thinking about winning, instead of just sailing through, but I also question the value they're all putting on 'big moves'. 

29 minutes ago, Wandering Snark said:

I too love this odd relationship Jay and Adam have going. I loved that the convo basically came down to 'I love ya man, but I'm flushing your idol.' and Jay was like "Yeah, I know. Love ya too but you're a bastard!" *laughs*.

I love it too. And this is kind of what I read Adam's telling Jay about his mother as - Jay was begging Adam to take him to the end and Adam was basically saying 'dude, I would, but this is why I can't.' I didn't see it as gameplay or manipulation, but more Adam trying to explain why he's playing as hard as he is. 

28 minutes ago, Superpole2000 said:

Adam's logic seems rather twisted with respect to the cancer thing. She obviously doesn't need the prize money, so it's not a financial motive. Even if Adam wins, there is no guarantee the show would air in time for her to see him on TV. The only thing we know for sure is that for one of the last months of her life, her son will be on the other side of the world playing a game instead of spending time with her. It's an odd choice, and I think many people wouldn't have done it. My default reaction certainly isn't, "Boy that Adam, what a family guy!"

I guess like with everything, every family would deal with this differently and you can't really know what drives those decisions. What we've heard is that Adam and his mother are both huge Survivor fans and she wanted him to go so she could see him win - not for the money, but because they love the game. His winning might be a way that she can be sure he's taken care of after she's gone, at least financially. She might also not want him to see her getting sicker. There's a whole lot that we can only guess at, really - it might not be the decision you or I would make but I've never been in that situation so I don't question it. 

Getting rid of Will and Sunday in a double boot episode was good. For all Will's efforts at a resume he wasn't much of an entity in the game and Sunday wasn't one at all. The one thing she seemed to want to do - get out Jessica - was done by the fates and what we saw of her personality was grating. And both those immunity challenges were interesting. 

I've fallen off the Ken train a bit and I can't see him winning but I do kind of love how persistently grumpy he is. When he won his first immunity a few weeks ago all he did was complain about his knee, and this time everyone's all 'hey, you are good at puzzles' and he's like 'well, those puzzles, but no other puzzles.' If it was anyone else, I'd wonder if he was trying to deflect attention so that they don't think he's a challenge threat but it's Ken so it's just him being shmoopy. 

This is one of the better F6s in recent seasons. There's no-one I hate. I don't really want Bret to win (and I don't think he will, based on the edit), but other than that, any of them could take it and I'd be reasonably pleased. I know the popular opinion is that Hannah doesn't stand a chance but I'm rooting for her. I think it's going to be Adam or Jay at this point though. 

• Love 14
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

LOLZ...on Taylor, it looked natural, because he's kind of a goof.  Chris looks like a 3-year old who just got his first haircut - all parted and slicked down.  Zeke looks ridiculous.  What I want to know is, how did Will escape Michelle's Beauty Shoppe?  I was SO hoping Will would come out half-scalped or with a mohawk or something.  The Shaun Cassidy hair doesn't really work on Will.

Is Michelle really cutting their hair? I did not know this. I'll have to let my son know because when Zeke came out at TC he yelled, "Go back to your old hair! That's horrible!"

3 hours ago, piequinn35 said:

How did Hannah change Adam's vote?

It's equally frustrating and fun that they aren't showing the final conversations before TC. I've felt like I never really knew what was going to transpire most of the time. It's possible other people talked to Adam as well. David seemed to really like the Sunday idea, and Ken is on board with him. Maybe Adam was smart enough to realize that he shouldn't keep on and keep on trying to convince people to go his way. If there's too much resistance, it's best to go with the flow, even if it's not the best move for you. Push too much, and YOU'LL end up with the target on his back. 

1 hour ago, Superpole2000 said:

His mother was apparently a huge Survivor fan as well. Maybe it boosted her spirits just to know that HER son was out there, living the dream. I've never been in that situation, not even remotely close, so I will not dare to guess. But I have seen other people say that in their loved ones final moments they were in a lot of pain and it was not pretty and they preferred not to be surrounded by everyone. I don't know. It's quite possible she TOLD him to go. 

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Boilergal said:

Jay is far more honest and loyal to Adam - Adam routinely stabs Jay in the back and screws him over, but Jay continues to forgive him and confide in him, it really blows my mind.  

When Adam told Jay about his mom I knew that Jay would never do anything to put Adam out of the game, and would probably try to protect him.  Sadly,   I know that Adam doesn't have the same level of compassion and will boot Jay the first chance he has - like helping Ken to make sure Jay didn't win, and then telling Jay he needs to play his idol.  Trusting Jay believes Adam.  

I know it's not the friendship game - but the way Adam treats Jay really makes me sad, and I REALLY hope Adam doesn't win.

And yet, Jay would harbor no resentment towards Adam for getting rid of him.  He may very well try to rally Ponderosa around him to give him the win.  I don't know if Adam would go that far.  I'm going to be super nervous if he loses the IC next week, but given how this season has gone, I'm hoping they take out a non threat, or that even Adam overplays his hand and gets himself voted out.  Adam basically said he knew Jay was a threat and wanted him gone because it made his game that much harder.  I'd be okay with Adam winning, but I really hope he doesn't.  The only one I'd truly be disappointed in seeing win would be Bret, but I don't think that's going to happen.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yea, I thought that was very interesting, too. I think Hannah has a better shot at winning than most people think and I wouldn't be surprised if she won.

I agree, and am also not seeing David as the FTC-winner lock that some are.  David has obviously been sold to us as this heart-warming underdog, journey-of-self-discovery story.  But I'd bet if you went back and analyzed how that's been presented, the majority of it has been through Confessionals.  With Brett's and Zeke's seemingly out-of-the-blue tirade against David a few TC's ago in mind, I keep wondering if, to the people in camp in real time, David hasn't just been a tremendous pain-in-the-ass.

Hannah, on the other hand, may have a better claim to that "against all odds" underdog moniker.  At least among the folks who lived out there with her.  

I'm genuinely curious how the FTC will pan out.

29 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

It's possible other people talked to Adam as well. David seemed to really like the Sunday idea, and Ken is on board with him. Maybe Adam was smart enough to realize that he shouldn't keep on and keep on trying to convince people to go his way. If there's too much resistance, it's best to go with the flow, even if it's not the best move for you. Push too much, and YOU'LL end up with the target on his back. 

I kind of got the sense that most of the persuade-ables out there had the feeling that however they voted at the TC that eliminated Sunday, they'd still have the time/numbers to get out the "real threats" before FTC.  Not sure why I got that sense.  Maybe because of how little of those discussions we were shown.  But alot of those folks really seemed indifferent to who got sent home.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Rachel RSL said:

And they're all relatively nice and likable people. It just goes to show that you don't have to cast a Russell or a Dan Foley to get a dramatic season. As a fan, I find it so refreshing to have a season where there isn't a hateful person who was clearly cast because they're an asshole.  

I absolutely love the relationship between Jay and Adam. I wish they both could win. But I also want Ken, David and Hannah to win. I don't know, I'd be happy with any of them winning at this point except Brett.

4 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

Exactly, it's become one of my favorite ongoing bits, the time in every episode when Bret goes to someone and says "Okay, whatever you want to do Sunday and I are with you, lead us!" It's both embarrassing and highly amusing.

19 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Will's out, you can tell from his confessional at the very beginning. Yup.  You can't brag about how you're running the game.

God, Brett, stfu, you are such a tool.

Hey, Jay, even if you have immunity, shouldn't you talk to people about strategy?

Yay, Ken.  Now if they would only vote off Jay ...

Jesus, Brett, SHUT. UP.!!!!!

Wow, Hannah strategizing.

Damn, Jay and Adam are working together now, huh?

At least they got rid of Jay's idol.  But now I suppose it's going to be hidden again.

I hope Brett is next.

Lol, on the Bret posts. My favorite quote from Bret is after the tribal council when he goes to to talk to someone that voted against him and says something to the effect of, "Don't you think we/I know _____  is a huge threat." To me it seems like he's trying to play it off as he's super smart and knows that person was a threat and would have voted him out too, except he wouldn't cause all those people were his alliance. It's funny to me, that he brings that up, all like, "of course I knew that ____ was a big threat, I just choose to not vote him out this time and was waiting to do it down the line." No you weren't Bret.

Him and Sunday sitting there talking about how it was insane that they got rid of Zeke instead of David, ummm yeah they would, cause they are both threats but Zeke is a bigger one to the other side and not as close to them as David. Vote didn't go Bret's way, that means the others are all idiots. If you were that adamant about David, then go and try to make others see that, don't just sit there and think the votes going your way.

21 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

As others said, I didn't see Adam pulling the cancer card. He and Jay were sort of having a moment and Jay was trying to convince him how important the game was to him and I think Adam just got emotional thinking of how important it is to him and he just needed to share in that moment. Hell I'm more cynical because my first thought was that was stupid on his part because Jay could use it to convince others to vote him out because the jury is never going to vote against the guy with the very sick mother. 

That was my first thought as well; Adam is going to get voted out tonight because he told Jay about his mom.

17 hours ago, green said:

For me it is in the top 2 or 3.  I see nothing bad about it at all.  It is refreshingly good without the usual hatred and crap.  Even Taylor was funny and entertained me and he is the biggest "villain" per the edit.

He didn't use it for game play. 

1. Jay said he needed to win and Adam said he understood as in Jay had already shared with him and possibly everyone his mother and her brain aneurysms.  Jay mentioned spending 9 years in fear of her dying.

2. Adam had just learned within a day or two that chemo was stopped on his mom since it wasn't working and was causing too much pain.  This is probably when it hit him like a ton of bricks that this was indeed the end.  His mother was going to certainly die.  Period.  No hopes born out of desperation left to fall back on. 

3. And no one around he could share that devastation with isolated from his family and friends.  Not being able to share most have been horrible on him.

4. When Jay brought up his mom first it seemed to trigger the need to talk finally to someone in Adam and he shared that he too was a young man fearing the death of his mom and of the news he just got.

5. He shared it with his opponent in the game but a friend in the true game of life and death.  They both needed each other at that moment.  He played NO card. He wasn't asking for advantage in the game; he simply had reached the limit of what he could take without sharing it with someone and he shared it with the one person he knew would understand exactly what he was going through.

I admired Adam for never using his mother's illness ever.  And he still hasn't.

Also you will note that there are 6 people left in the game.  Next week is the finale and there will be a final 3 and 2 people get booted.  That is how the finale has worked for like forever, right?  Or am I wrong?  I think that is how it works. 

We know what happened to his mom and when it happened.  Two days after the final tribal council.  Do the math.  I'm not spoiled but I believe next week Adam is almost certainly going to get the call to get back home asap and will leave the game immediately.  I can't think of any other explanation for 6 players entering the finale episode.

Even if I did the math wrong I think Adam still exits the game when production gets the phone call to get Adam home right away.

15 hours ago, waving feather said:

I don't believe Adam shared about his mom's illness as a strategy at all. Sometimes when you have to keep a horrible secret for so long, you just want to share it with someone you trust on a personal level and that's what he did. I just watched his secret scene confessional about it and geez, I have dust in my eyes now. These boys. Basically, he said he was relieved to share this nightmare he was living in with someone he trusts... Not in the game but in life and he believes they will be brothers forever.

ETA: Jay's confessional. Forget Taylor and Figgy, this is the true love story of this season, lol.

3 hours ago, MissEwa said:

This. I guess 'trust cluster' didn't take off? I guess I like that they're thinking about winning, instead of just sailing through, but I also question the value they're all putting on 'big moves'. 

I love it too. And this is kind of what I read Adam's telling Jay about his mother as - Jay was begging Adam to take him to the end and Adam was basically saying 'dude, I would, but this is why I can't.' I didn't see it as gameplay or manipulation, but more Adam trying to explain why he's playing as hard as he is. 

I guess like with everything, every family would deal with this differently and you can't really know what drives those decisions. What we've heard is that Adam and his mother are both huge Survivor fans and she wanted him to go so she could see him win - not for the money, but because they love the game. His winning might be a way that she can be sure he's taken care of after she's gone, at least financially. She might also not want him to see her getting sicker. There's a whole lot that we can only guess at, really - it might not be the decision you or I would make but I've never been in that situation so I don't question it. 

Getting rid of Will and Sunday in a double boot episode was good. For all Will's efforts at a resume he wasn't much of an entity in the game and Sunday wasn't one at all. The one thing she seemed to want to do - get out Jessica - was done by the fates and what we saw of her personality was grating. And both those immunity challenges were interesting. 

I've fallen off the Ken train a bit and I can't see him winning but I do kind of love how persistently grumpy he is. When he won his first immunity a few weeks ago all he did was complain about his knee, and this time everyone's all 'hey, you are good at puzzles' and he's like 'well, those puzzles, but no other puzzles.' If it was anyone else, I'd wonder if he was trying to deflect attention so that they don't think he's a challenge threat but it's Ken so it's just him being shmoopy. 

This is one of the better F6s in recent seasons. There's no-one I hate. I don't really want Bret to win (and I don't think he will, based on the edit), but other than that, any of them could take it and I'd be reasonably pleased. I know the popular opinion is that Hannah doesn't stand a chance but I'm rooting for her. I think it's going to be Adam or Jay at this point though. 

^^^^^ I saw it the way all the above posts did. I can't view the clips but I don't need any more tears either. That scene with Adam and Jay was enough.

Also agree about the season overall, it has been really good. Them turning around and saying good luck to all of the remaining players was nice to see.

21 hours ago, simplyme said:

She seems pretty cheerful at Ponderosa. I think she may just have some sort of RBF that I previously attributed to her conjunctivitis.

Yes, her editing on the jury is opposite from what their showing her like in Ponderosa.

Edited by dkb
  • Love 1
58 minutes ago, Alapaki said:

I agree, and am also not seeing David as the FTC-winner lock that some are.

Who could beat him though, besides maybe Jay? The panel, led by Michelle, is looking for a champion, not necessarily the person they like the most. If David somehow manages to make it to the end despite being a target since the beginning, dealing with anxiety and physical weakness, openly strategizing, never having a large alliance, and being bad at challenges, that's too unusual and impressive of a game to deny, IMO.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

This is certainly the 'dirtiest' season of Survivor in a while, with Hannah leading the dirty faced charge, though we lost Will who was a challenger for that title.

Seriously.  Is Hannah afraid of water or something?  She is unbelievably grubby.  I get it that clothing will get permanently stained and will look dirty even if some version of "Survivor Laundry Day" just happened.  But Hannah is, personally, just filthy.  She used to seem to make some attempt to neaten up for Tribal Council, but she's given up on doing even that.    For a while last night I thought that she had a hairy chest, but then realized it was just smudges of dirt.  Her face, chest, belly, shoulders--well, pretty much every bit of exposed skin--are constantly smudged with dirt.  For a while I thought she might be doing some sort of natural insect repellent, but it was always unevenly applied, so that didn't make sense.  She's just dirty. 

My only theory is Miss Bag O'Neuroses must be afraid of the water.  Even if she were modest, and didn't want to bathe nude in front of her tribemates, she could still go in the water in her swimsuit and scrub down.  We've seen the other do that, but never her.  In fact...I can't really recall seeing ever Hannah in the water other than for a challenge.  Hmmm...

• Love 1
9 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

I agree.  The two of them crying together in the hammock will go down as one of my all time favorite Survivor moments.  This show brings out the raw person under the façade like none other. It will always fascinate me.

The thing is, I'll come away with a very hollow feeling now if a weasel like Dave wins, or, God forbid, a second-stringer like Brett.