Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, irisheyes said:

Probably based on the fact that Austin went on a hunting trip while Joy stayed home with a newborn. 

I don't read marriage trouble into that necessarily, but I do think it's an assy move to leave your wife to care for two small children while you go have fun with the guys in the middle of a pandemic. Like many people have done for many things this year, they could have postponed. I suppose, though, Gothard being Gothard, if Austin waits until they don't have a newish baby to wrangle he won't be going anywhere for at least 10 years. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 18
12 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

For people that many claim want to be off the show and out of the public eye, they seem to be trying REALLY hard to show us how wonderful everything is.

They all try and show us how wonderful things are. Except Lauren.

As much as I get wanted to quash tabloid rumors, it's not a good look to do so. #BestHubbyEver and "look at how in love we are" posts on social media always send my spidey senses tingling about just how happy/functional the relationship is. Once in a while? Fine. More than once in a while, I know not to take relationship advice from you dear friend. 

• Love 11

I saw elsewhere that apparently Joy had to defend only wearing her engagement ring. She said her fingers were too swollen for her wedding band. But people took this as a sign that the marriage was on the rocks. I just wonder how Joy found out and why she felt the need to explain herself. Most of these people just ignore the bullshit.

• Love 6

You’d think she’d be the expert on keeping kids busy!  How about dumping a gallon of milk on the counter or making a mess with flour like Gideon “accidentally” did for the ‘gram. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Does anyone else think Spurgeon looks kind of creepy/ ghoulish in that picture?

I totally agree... I think Spurgeon looks like Edward Scissorhands and Henry just looks crazy.

It looks like Spurge is going around with his pants tucked into his socks again... What's up with that, does he think it will keep bugs out of his pants or something... He has the weirdest ideas.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, ginger90 said:

For a second, I thought that was Jill in the first picture.

Even though the Duggar sisters have distinctive looks, it seems as though everyone of them have moments of really looking like each other.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

There's a post circulating on FB, encouraging a mass exodus  switching over to Parler. Kind of scary. All this stuff that was somewhat underground, now becoming but more accessible and mainstream.

Came back to add that Joy is asking for followers on Parler, in her IG Story.

Edited by GeeGolly

According to wikipedia 

'Registration and verification

Creating an account and using Parler is free. Signup requires both an e-mail address and phone number. At the point of registration, users have the option of supplying a photo of themselves and a scan of the front and back of their government-issued photo identification to have their account verified by Parler.  Individual users can optionally set their account to only view Parleys from other verified users. According to Matze, the purpose of the verification feature is to allow users to minimize their contact with trolls. Anyone who verifies their identity on Parler is given a red badge, and people considered to be public figures are denoted with a gold badge.

According to Matze, the identification document scans submitted by users who choose to have their accounts verified are destroyed after verification. However, the requirement for ID scans to become verified has prompted conspiracy theories about the site's retention and use of user information.'

I hope I was allowed to copy directly. If not, I apologize.

• Useful 4

I won't be learning first hand how outrageous Parler discussions are, but I'd love for that stuff to disappear from my FB feed.  Apparently censorship is not a thing at Parler so they are free to say and incite anything.  I am disappointed in Joy.

• Love 15
8 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

I won't be learning first hand how outrageous Parler discussions are, but I'd love for that stuff to disappear from my FB feed.  Apparently censorship is not a thing at Parler so they are free to say and incite anything.  I am disappointed in Joy.

Some of it is so bad that I’m sure the FBI is watching. Not kidding.

• Love 17
42 minutes ago, zoomama said:

the copy of the drivers license was what made me stop and go whoa.  what could they ever need with that? 

To prove you are who you say you are.  Think of all of the "straw man" accounts and stuff that exist.  Verified accounts aren't new or strange.  My roommate was telling me yesterday that a Discord server he is on is asking for IDs and a pic to compare it to to allow people to access certain sections where people discuss real life stuff, because they want to know who exactly has access to that area.  

Obviously you don't HAVE to verify your account, but I do understand people who would only want verified people having access to their feed.  I have limited the crap out of my FB and Twitter since I basically don't use them much and want to be invisible to anyone I don't know, same concept.

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

I find irony in a right-wing site asking folks to provide government issued ID, no matter what their reason.

What I find funny is the people that I follow on Facebook who joined are the same ones not to long ago who were not going to get the Covid vaccine because "someone " was going to use the vaccine to implant trackers in everyone. ` sigh` I honestly thought these people were smarter than that.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

What I find funny is the people that I follow on Facebook who joined are the same ones not to long ago who were not going to get the Covid vaccine because "someone " was going to use the vaccine to implant trackers in everyone. ` sigh` I honestly thought these people were smarter than that.

Yes!! I can't believe they are okay with this site asking for government ID. Even if they choose not to provide it, I would think the fact that it even asks would be a huge turnoff/jumping off point for more conspiracy theories. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
50 minutes ago, thehorseofpower said:

Yes!! I can't believe they are okay with this site asking for government ID. Even if they choose not to provide it, I would think the fact that it even asks would be a huge turnoff/jumping off point for more conspiracy theories. 

Shoot, I am about as far removed from a conspiracy theorist as you can get and it makes me twitchy. 

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

You'd think that paranoid conspiracy theorists would be the last ones giving up their ID. It's the internet. Trolls are everywhere.

And some of them are going to end up getting fired from their jobs (as has already happened) for the violent threats they’ve been making against those they disagree with. It’s gotten really ugly and their employers WILL inevitably get wind of it. TLC may also want to keep an eye on what the Duggars post.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10

The ironic part is Parler actually has more restrictions on what you can post than Twitter. Earlier this summer, the internet had a lot of fun with the CEO's own statement on the rules, which included banning people from posting pictures of their own shit as a response to someone's comments. 💩💩💩

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 8

If you think about it Joy has almost nothing in the way of life experiences other than birthin' babies. She barely has had any education, she has been pregnant three times in as many years.

Yet her life seems to be very good. She's getting paid to be a TV personality, her husband is very compatible with her, her kids are cute, and IMO she's the prettiest of the Duggar sisters. She has a close relationship with her parents, siblings, and their immediate social circle. 

Not surprised she's the most conservative -- there's simply nothing that's happened to her that would make her think that her life, religion and beliefs aren't simply the greatest. I'm sure in her 23 year old sheltered mind everyone's problems would go away if they were More Like Her. Like even Jessa has probably had an awakening moment when she realized that her husband might be a nice guy but he'd never be a strong headship figure. So Jessa took the reigns. She is her household's Headship. 

• Love 15
17 hours ago, zoomama said:

the copy of the drivers license was what made me stop and go whoa.  what could they ever need with that? 

Facebook asks for photo id if your account gets disabled,of course you don’t have to go back on it though. I wonder if they do the same for official accounts celebrities etc.

11 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

If you think about it Joy has almost nothing in the way of life experiences other than birthin' babies. She barely has had any education, she has been pregnant three times in as many years.

Yet her life seems to be very good. She's getting paid to be a TV personality, her husband is very compatible with her, her kids are cute, and IMO she's the prettiest of the Duggar sisters. She has a close relationship with her parents, siblings, and their immediate social circle. 

Not surprised she's the most conservative -- there's simply nothing that's happened to her that would make her think that her life, religion and beliefs aren't simply the greatest. I'm sure in her 23 year old sheltered mind everyone's problems would go away if they were More Like Her. Like even Jessa has probably had an awakening moment when she realized that her husband might be a nice guy but he'd never be a strong headship figure. So Jessa took the reigns. She is her household's Headship. 

Wasn’t Joy the one who admitted she questioned her parents faith and Joe brought her back into the fold? I’d love to know what Joe said to her, from the outside looking in anyone can see there in a cult, (Well not straight away they’re good at hiding their beliefs, When I first saw the Duggars I thought they were a sweet weird religious family but I didn’t get cult vibes for a while)

I have no idea how she is considered the most conservative honestly because she follows the rules?

Edited by FizzyPuff
  • Love 3