Type keyword(s) to search

Vicki Gunvalson: Her Love Tank Runneth Over

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

No politics.  That means none.  Zero. Zilch. Nada. 
See the Primetimer Politics Policy

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Gosh Bunny, I wish you would have tagged me because I didn’t see this until today. I was gobsmacked at first, but it actually makes sense that Alexis would do that to keep up with the Jones in appearance, but not in pocketbook. Thank you for posting the reveal. 

Sorry and Pssst...how do I tag you?

Do you mean I should have sent you a PM?

• Love 1
On 1/25/2020 at 4:42 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

The 3 13 Faces Of Eve Gunvalson

What I find so sad, is how Vicki completely changed her face.  I could see her rationale for getting her nose done to correct the nostrils from being upturned/prominent, but IMO she should have stopped there.  She has very pretty eyes. She looked so much like her sister Lisa, I’ve seen a recent photo of her with Lisa, and their differences are now glaring. I think, that being on television amplified her vanity, although Slade didn’t help the issue with his nastiness towards her looks. Nose job to correct, proper skincare, maybe a facelift eventually or what Shannon/Braunwyn  had done recently, if she felt necessary and she would still resemble season one Vicki, just with minor tweaks. She seemed much more confident in the early seasons.  Her weight gain started to take its toll on her psyche and she went overboard in reaction.

That said, while I find it sad, I don’t feel sorry for her at this point. She was the architect of her own doom.

Okay, I need some comic relief now, maybe an episode of Billy on the street will help me snap out of it!😳😆

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

She's sooooo angry.

I think Steve will keep stringing her along as long as she provides a comfortable lifestyle. Now if she starts to tighten the belt in terms of perks/trips/lifestyle - he's out. I see him getting at least another 2 or 3 motorcycles bought and paid for by Vicki before he says Adios

• LOL 5
  • Love 9

I think Vicki was angling for her spring wedding to be filmed (and comped) by Bravo. Obviously, that ain't happening now. Will the wedding happen at all? I'm on the NO train.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 16
On 1/24/2020 at 8:36 PM, Showthyme said:

I am sad to see her go. Vicki is the OG and the original. She should have kept her orange for that reason alone. I have more respect for her because she did not accept the demotion. 

It reeks of ageism. Does Bravo really think that they are going to attract a younger audience to a show that has Real Housewives in the title? 

Andy is getting long in the tooth. When is he leaving?

Come on now. Wasn't she already a friend of? Vicki has no integrity. As she's shown over and over and over. 

• Love 8
On 1/25/2020 at 4:35 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

PLEASE  don't give them any ideas.  I never want to see her on my TV again.....and Yes, I do have an off button there, but she would be all over the  gossip magazines and entertainment TV news shows too.    Enough is enough 

• Love 4

I see him getting at least another 2 or 3 motorcycles bought and paid for by Vicki before he says Adios

Well, good news for Vicki (and her bank account), he doesn't seem to need his teeth fixed/replaced.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I don’t actually think Vicki seems that into Steve their engagement smacked of getting her a storyline on both of their parts.

I don't think she's that into him either. She's had to really reign in her whoop-it-up persona since getting with him. But Vicki is really desperate at this point. I think she'd hang onto anyone willing to stick with her. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 1/27/2020 at 6:25 AM, Duke2801 said:

So you think Bravo is showing “ageism” by firing Vicki, but also think Andy should leave his job because he’s getting too old?  

I’m pretty sure Vicki’s firing had nothing to do with ageism and everything to do with her being a narcissistic, verbally (and physically!) abusive, demanding asshole. There are plenty of Housewives across the franchise who are in their 50s (and even 60s) who are still gainfully employee by Bravo. 

I agree, I don't think kicking Vicki to the curb had anything to do with ageism - it had everything to do with the bottom line - money.

Most reality shows hit their peaks when the writers strike was happening. Everyone was watching some sort of reality show as scripted shows weren't available because the writers walked. Most regular tv series have a lifespan average of 7 years. Most series that start with a high viewing audience do not end with the same number of viewers. The rentention rate is steeper each year a series is on.

With OC, I believe the majority of viewers who started watching ranged between 30 to 50 yrs. The majority of the cast had children in their teens. Tamra came on season 3 I think and even though she had younger kids - we didn't really see them we mainly saw teen future serial killer Ryan.

OC has been on for 14 seasons - Bravo has lost a good chunk of their original viewers.

They are going towards a younger cast - because it's a different direction - now we are seeing HW's with young kids and more scenes with said kids. They aren't going to get a viewing audience of 18 yr olds - they are targetting a new crop of women in their mid 30's with kids. Hiring new HW's is also cheaper. If we take what Gina said to be true that she only made 66K - Bravo could hire 10 new cast mates and still save 900K from letting go of both Vicki and Tamra.

• Useful 4
  • Love 9
On 1/27/2020 at 3:25 AM, Duke2801 said:

Oh this makes complete sense. Alexis is the worst. Her appearance on the recent episodes of Below Deck confirm that she’s only gotten worse with age, too. So obnoxious. 

So you think Bravo is showing “ageism” by firing Vicki, but also think Andy should leave his job because he’s getting too old?  

I’m pretty sure Vicki’s firing had nothing to do with ageism and everything to do with her being a narcissistic, verbally (and physically!) abusive, demanding asshole. There are plenty of Housewives across the franchise who are in their 50s (and even 60s) who are still gainfully employee by Bravo. 

I think there are a myriad of reasons for the firings and age isn't one of them (all the others as mentioned have a cast in their 50's and 60's).  V is toxic for 1.  Telling the host to remember where he came from is 2.  Her physical abuse of the film crew is 3 (specifics talked about in that 100th ep special, deets escape me).  Cancer scam is 4.  No story line is 5.  She has nothing interesting going on is 6.  Local plastic surgeons getting tired of the bad advertisement (her face looks as close to the original as Joan Rivers) is 7.  Her new Church Lady persona is laughable is 8.   Her narcissism knows no bounds is 9.  The show was no different without her so save some $ is 10.  I am sure there are WAY  more reasons but these were my top 10.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 20
7 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I don't think she's that into him either. She's had to really reign in her whoop-it-up persona since getting with him. But Vicki is really desperate at this point. I think she'd hang onto anyone willing to stick with her. 

Vicki will definitely stick with him if he wants to stay with her. I think he is going to run for the hills.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, MajorNelson said:

Can't forget her suing Bravo!

I think last season of demoting Vicki was the test run of Bravo's intent to push her over the cliff. Vicki's demeanor and reactions - were of her self imploding.

The other thing about Reality Shows - new ones that got a viewership/following made tons of money at the beginning - because production costs were low and so were the salaries. Salaries were low because these were nobodies in the sense the public never heard of them. It wasn't until later seasons they started bringing somewhat known people - i.e. Rinna, Davidson, and Mortimer. In the hierarchy of pay - the ones who started getting paid higher salaries year by year - were the breakout stars (Bethenny, LVP, Nene, Teresa) or the ones who have survived year after year (Vicki, Tamra, Ramona)

I do believe Bravo has had to deal with a lot of Diva behavior from these women. With their renewed contracts they demanded more and more perks.

I think Vicki had in her head that she was omnipotent. I think Vicki had in her head - she was a fan favorite.

Bravo initially demoted Vicki as a message across the franchise - you are all expendable and you better think about what you are going to demand when new contracts are being negotiated.

I also believe Bravo is sick of these HW's strategizing off camera. They want their reactions and interactions authentic. On OC - you can tell with the 3AMeanGirls - they would talk off camera about what they'd bring up about Kelly and how they'd keep it going.

Vicki naming Kelly in a lawsuit was one thing. To threaten not only Evolution, NBC and Bravo was a total idiot move. Vicki did this to throw around her weight, but she had zero leverage. Bravo wants the women caught on camera being messy - they don't want to be dragged into any court case. To imply at the reunion, that Braunwyn's behavior made her lose new insurance clients was ludicrous.

• Love 18
On 1/27/2020 at 4:03 PM, Sew Sumi said:

I think Vicki was angling for her spring wedding to be filmed (and comped) by Bravo. Obviously, that ain't happening now. Will the wedding happen at all? I'm on the NO train.

I'm going to have to disagree. Vicki was already publicly humiliated by getting fired from RHOC.

She won't let this wedding NOT happen and be further humiliated. She might get divorced a year or two in, but she'll still marry Steve.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

I also believe Bravo is sick of these HW's strategizing off camera. They want their reactions and interactions authentic. On OC - you can tell with the 3AMeanGirls - they would talk off camera about what they'd bring up about Kelly and how they'd keep it going.

I perceive this in many reality TV shows. In some cases production is complicit, in some cases it gets away from production and they lose control of the narrative. The shows are reality in name only.

• Love 10

Good Gawd Almighty!!  The Bravo gods have finally heard the fingernails scratching the chalkboard! 

I just hope that Icky and Tammy Sue saved some of that Bravo $$$.  Otherwise, we'll be seeing them shortly on "My 600 lb Life" (Tammy Sue) or "Naked and Afraid Alone" (Icky).

Shannon still needs the paycheck - she's got a kid at Baylor!  LOL!!

• Love 5
On 12/10/2019 at 11:10 AM, Natalie68 said:

I have another Alexis story.  She wanted to be a Bingo Caller for Legendary Bingo at Hamburger Mary's in WEHO.  

I had forgotten who Alexis was while reading your post. BUT THEN.... lol, saw her on Below Deck and I had to come and find your post because I fully 'get' what you are saying now that I know the players involved. I won't even go into her behaviour on BD, but let's just say this gal has some screws missing. I can imagine she wants many things, and the last thing the public needs is her as a bingo caller, or as anything in public.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
On 1/28/2020 at 6:49 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Does anyone here think that they will actually go through with the wedding? 

Vicki will ensure her wedding happens, one way or another. I, like you, think she thought her marriage to Steve was going to be the 'Gotta Have It' storyline and money-maker for RHOC. I think she even planned it so it would be shown during ratings sweeps (as well, the timing would ensure the businesses involved offered her wedding comps in exchange for prime advertising time, etc.).

I also believe that because the majority of viewers/ people/ (anyone who loves watching a messy wreck) are making the same assumptions as we are; everyone's anticipating Vicki's meltdown while cancelling the wedding.

BUT sadly, Vicki actually believes her own press, and considers it criminal to deny her fans the opportunity to watch this glorious exchange. (Regardless of how Steve truly feels, or how many botched escapes he's attempted.)  

Yes, our self-proclaimed Goddess of the OC is going to double down in her efforts and I guarantee she will succeed in presenting 'something close to a wedding'. A union will occur because of the "revenge" factor. In Vicki's mind, the appearance of popularity re: her wedding is important because it's Vicki flipping Andy and the network the figurative middle finger (and literal) while PROVING all her naysayers (eg: everyone else) WRONG! 

I also think she's delusional enough to plan that IF Steve disappears and runs for the hills, she'll have hired a look-alike, and just ensure her 'private vows' are filmed from afar during her and Steve's intimate elopement.

Hell hath no fury as a Delusional Vicki scorned...

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, Chalby said:

BUT sadly, Vicki actually believes her own press, and considers it criminal to deny her fans the opportunity to watch this glorious exchange. (Regardless of how Steve truly feels, or how many botched escapes he's attempted.)  

That is so true!

There are 2 scenarios that I can picture Vicki and Steve getting married:

1) It is in a constant loop like a Matrix scene existing only in Vicki's mind.

2) Right before walking down the aisle, Vicki and Steve are signing papers in front of lawyers. Vicki is signing all of her worldly assets over to Steve. They walk down the aisle and go through with the wedding - and then the signed marriage license never makes it to the county. Vicki is clueless until 6 months later when she begins questioning why she hasn't received their marriage certificate in the mail. Then Vicki suffers a fatal accident in the parking lot of her insurance company. In a freak accident, Vicki gets run over by a motorcycle 16 times.

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

That is so true!

There are 2 scenarios that I can picture Vicki and Steve getting married:

1) It is in a constant loop like a Matrix scene existing only in Vicki's mind.

2) Right before walking down the aisle, Vicki and Steve are signing papers in front of lawyers. Vicki is signing all of her worldly assets over to Steve. They walk down the aisle and go through with the wedding - and then the signed marriage license never makes it to the county. Vicki is clueless until 6 months later when she begins questioning why she hasn't received their marriage certificate in the mail. Then Vicki suffers a fatal accident in the parking lot of her insurance company. In a freak accident, Vicki gets run over by a motorcycle 16 times.

This sounds like an episode of Perry Mason or something. Vicki would LOVE it.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

OMG this exchange between Vicki and Emily on Twitter is gold! Also: Vicki is replying to a comment of Emily’s from 2  1/2 months ago 🤣

Ha!  While I was reading that, my first thought was "It's her and me", but then I read Emily's post.  Then I read Vicki's "your" an idiot, and I was like, no Vicki, YOU'RE an idiot.

Vicki and Tamra:  Buh to the BYE.

• LOL 10
  • Love 8
On 2/2/2020 at 11:20 AM, Sterling said:

Ha!  While I was reading that, my first thought was "It's her and me", but then I read Emily's post.  Then I read Vicki's "your" an idiot, and I was like, no Vicki, YOU'RE an idiot.

Vicki and Tamra:  Buh to the BYE.

Emily gets on my nerves. But this is platinum gold. Also, how she worked in the correct spelling of you're was fire.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • LOL 9
  • Love 9

I wonder if she was hoping for a girl.  I know Vicki said that early on, but you never know with her.  

I know Ryan's instagram makes him seem like a folksy, salt of the Earth guy, but something about them rubs me the wrong way. 

Also - can we discuss Vicki's Steve commenting on every single one of Ryan (Tamra's son's) IG posts?  They seem to share the same moral code of ethics (vomit)

• Love 3
On 5/30/2020 at 3:09 AM, Hiyo said:

"as of today I own a home that makes me happy"

So...the long-time home she currently has in Coto doesn't make her happy?

And what about the home she always claimed to own there, that she said her dad or grandpa built with his bare hands??  Oh that’s right she was lying!  It was a time-share!

• LOL 7
4 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

And what about the home she always claimed to own there, that she said her dad or grandpa built with his bare hands??  Oh that’s right she was lying!  It was a time-share!

I was going to say! What the hell? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 5/30/2020 at 3:09 AM, Hiyo said:

"as of today I own a home that makes me happy"

So...the long-time home she currently has in Coto doesn't make her happy?

It's lies like these, that serve no purpose except some stupid ego trip and are easily detected, that are the hallmark of a compulsive liar.

• Love 6

Just watched an episode from 2015. There's a scene where Vicki is at a restaurant with her son and Crooks and she said something about Brianna "had her tubes tied because 2 kids are enough to handle".

So I guess Brianna had a successful reversal procedure OR Vicki was lying.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

We watched the first season of The Single Wives (Australia) on Netflix on the weekend.  Sheridan reminded us so much of Vicki that we kept calling her the Aussie Vicki.  She was always dressed inappropriately and shrieking about something.  It was eerie.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1