Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Mrs. P. said:

It irritates me that Josie's birthday greeting from her parents is so lengthy and specific. I wonder if the other Duggar kids notice the special treatment Josie gets.

I think they're surrounded by it on a daily basis, and it wouldn't surprise me if they severely resent Josie because of it. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

With the exception of her eye color, Josie is Michelle's mini-me.

I was going to respond there is a Michelle clone.  Were there any people left who didn't know Josie was a micro-preemie?

• LOL 7
On 12/11/2020 at 1:08 AM, GeeGolly said:

With the exception of her eye color, Josie is Michelle's mini-me.

dfe985ca803aefce177ff11632209d27.jpg

Now imagine this small girl with potential turning out the way she did.

That child has no chance to be anything other than the Miracle Baby. We get it, she survived a rough start but goodness me, let her be something other than a preemie

• Love 14

To @Mrs. P. point- I’m sure ALL the kids are very much aware that Josie is the favorite. They are there looking at it every day. Now how much it bothers them depends...

@Zella don’t think it bothers the older kids that much, but i could see Johannah, Jennifer and Jordyn resenting it a lot. Maybe even Jackson, because he was raised with the last group of girls until recently. 

• Love 7
11 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

The only ones missing snow pics are Jill and Jessa. Everyone else and their dog has posted today.

They're probably doing videos. Jessa with snow time hacks and Jill with snow time problems. 😁

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

I'm waiting for Spurgeon making snow angels while Henry eats snow and Ivy stands barefoot watching them.

Or Henry falls asleep randomly on the snow while ivy climbs all over him and spurge quotes bible verses.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

The birthday message is actually pretty personal! Color me shocked!

Happy birthday, Jordyn! We are so thankful to God for giving us this beautiful daughter 12 years ago. She brightens our lives with her sweet smile! She loves kids, and if there’s a baby in the house she will tote them around and absolutely spoil them with attention and affection. Jordyn is crafty and she loves creating special gifts such as superhero capes or homemade lollipops for her nieces and nephews. She makes friends easily and everyone loves her fun personality! We love you, Jordyn!

However, when reading how she spoils her nieces and nephews "with attention and affection," I immediately thought she's giving them what she didn't have herself as a baby/ toddler...

• Love 1
1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Looks like Marketplace Grill is still open. At least they remembered her. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CI8t_VshrY7/?igshid=1hi4rnqccbbrt

JimBob is always breathing down the neck of the one who gets the drippy sundae. Ugh. Go away.

They quoted the only two things they could think of....both probably recently took place at Jinger's in LA and there was photo evidence....carrying Lissy and /or the new baby around and making the lollipops. (Both domestic skills,of course.....only 5 or 6 years to go before courtin' !)

2 hours ago, Chicklet said:

Ivy has very very large eyes. It's kind of disconcerting. Is that a Duggar trait or from Ben's family?

I think Ben's. If you look at his sisters, they all have big eyes. I think it's the sort of feature which can look creepy on babies, but will be attractive on an adult. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, not you again said:

It does! (the sweater)

I imagine there is a segment of today's population - those women who think everything they do is noteworthy, when they're actually insufferable - who don't realize that women have been feeding their infants with their bodies FOR EONS OF TIME. It's a bodily function and it's not, on the whole, as special as they think it is, it just happens.  🤦🏻‍♀️

I agree, the sweater looks awful. Itchy and motheaten.

Breast milk ring? OH EMM GEE. And of course my mind has hopped off to wonder what other speshul bodily discharges I've been overlooking to have made into a piece of commemorative jewelry. I will NOT fill in the blanks. You're welcome. **facepalm** 

• LOL 13
  • Love 5

Now I've seen everything. I am a huge fan of breastfeeding, and I have truly moving memories of nursing my kids. But when I read about that stupid ring--not kidding--the memory that immediately sprang to mind was the time I found a bottle of expressed breast milk that had rolled under the sofa, curdled, and gone moldy. 

Edited by Portia
  • LOL 15
  • Love 1