Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

19 hours ago, beckie said:

She just said she was taking a break from Twitter not all social media.

How does taking a break from one form of social media and not others constitute taking a break at all?  What purpose does it serve?  Why the major announcement?  What was the point?

So many questions.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14
32 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

How does taking a break from one form of social media and not others constitute taking a break at all?  What purpose does it serve?  Why the major announcement?  What was the point?

So many questions.

Famy just loves the attention.  Saying she's taking a break from Twitter makes her "fans" engage and stalk her other accounts, or so she hopes

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Amy just wanted to announce to the Twittersphere that she's in the news. Her followers must not be noticing in the numbers that Amy would like.

Like a two year old playing hide and seek. Parent or sibling says, "I wonder where Sally is?", and Sally, hiding under the bed says, "She's not under the bed".

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
On 9/4/2021 at 1:13 PM, BigBingerBro said:

Famy just loves the attention.  Saying she's taking a break from Twitter makes her "fans" engage and stalk her other accounts, or so she hopes

Actually the various social media platforms operate differently.  I have heard a lot of other people (not fundie or fundie-adjacent) say they're tired of Twitter in particular. Something about the way it's mostly talk and the comments can feel more direct with no post to sort-of buffer them. It actually makes a lot of sense to me. 

• Useful 2
20 hours ago, Temperance said:

. Something about the way it's mostly talk and the comments can feel more direct

So they have to *gasp* read! Say it isn't so. So I will-reading isn't their strong suit. And Amy isn't apart of that whole deal.

Sorry lol.

• LOL 1
22 hours ago, Temperance said:

Actually the various social media platforms operate differently.  I have heard a lot of other people (not fundie or fundie-adjacent) say they're tired of Twitter in particular. Something about the way it's mostly talk and the comments can feel more direct with no post to sort-of buffer them. It actually makes a lot of sense to me. 

What do you mean with “no post?” On Twitter, someone posts and others comment on that post. I guess I don’t understand what you’re saying.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

What do you mean with “no post?” On Twitter, someone posts and others comment on that post. I guess I don’t understand what you’re saying.

I mean there's no picture. A tweet is much smaller than Instagram post and it's just feels more direct. 

9 hours ago, Chicklet said:

So they have to *gasp* read! Say it isn't so. So I will-reading isn't their strong suit. And Amy isn't apart of that whole deal.

Sorry lol.

I never said they couldn't read, it's dealing with all kinds of trolls, haters, and vile comments that seem more intense on twitter. 

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I mean there's no picture. A tweet is much smaller than Instagram post and it's just feels more direct. 

I never said they couldn't read, it's dealing with all kinds of trolls, haters, and vile comments that seem more intense on twitter. 

Oh, I was thinking of Facebook and people often post there with just words and no pictures also. Instagram is the one I avoid like the plague.

34 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Well, you can’t delete others’ responses to your posts on Twitter, so that might be why the cowards don’t like it very much. 

• Love 3
On 9/11/2021 at 3:16 PM, BitterApple said:

Gotta love Amy. Cutting herself off from toxic family members, yet using those same toxic family members to generate publicity. Leopards never change their spots.

Am I the only one who doubts that “the toxic family” wants to have much to do with Amy?  Manufactured drama as usual.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, MargeGunderson said:

Am I the only one who doubts that “the toxic family” wants to have much to do with Amy?  Manufactured drama as usual.

Definitely not. I think the Duggar kids couldn't care less about Amy and rarely give her a second thought. She's the one clinging to the drama, not them.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

Amy's house is a two bedroom fixer upper, with an inlaw apartment, on stilts, in the middle of a gravel driveway. How can she think its worth that much? Grandma Mary had a nice house. Does anyone know what that sold for?

• Love 3
8 hours ago, ginger90 said:

$428,500 according to Zillow.

So unless Amy's house is in a prime area, I agree with @iwantcookies on this one - somewhere in the $250,000 range, although it looks more like a $200,000 house, to me.

During this last year+, houses were/are being bought up, for over asking price, within days of being listed, unless its majorly overpriced, or something is wrong with the house. I would say for starters, Amy's land alone - with no flat area - might be a big turn-off.

• Love 5

I wonder if the youngest kids will end up feeling closer to their parents than the middle kids or even the older ones. Not that I think JB and Michelle are suddenly hands-on parents, but with fewer kids at home now... ah, who am I kidding? They've already screwed up all those kids. But that picture does look surprisingly like a "normal," relaxed family vacation, and not a freak show or a performance.

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

In years past we would see many more Duggars on this trip. Hannie, Jenni and Jordyn are probably thrilled to not have to watch the Smuggar kids or Jessa’s kids. 

Wasn't Jordyn the one who got yelled at by Anna for losing track of one of the M's?

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Panopticon said:

Jennifer no longer looks depressed all the time and Jordyn no longer looks angry all the time. Don’t know whether it’s the lack of filming or some other change in their lives, but I’m glad for it, whatever the cause. 

The pessimistic cynic in me thinks it might be the lack of Josh.  I hope not.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
55 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Ew, does Jim Bob HAVE to place his sweaty hand on a female elbow every time he gets his dumb picture taken?  Can he not just pose like a normal person?

I know.  That is annoying.  Mr lookeyloo tries to do that to me every picture. I slap his hand away usually.  For him it is a habit.  I wonder what JB's issue is (possession?)

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

Ew, does Jim Bob HAVE to place his sweaty hand on a female elbow every time he gets his dumb picture taken?  Can he not just pose like a normal person?

I gagged when I saw him doing the same with Hannie. 🤮Keep your sweaty, smelly, annoying paws to yourself. And yes, I think it’s about possession which makes it even creepier when he does it to his teenage daughter. Given what’s going on in their lives one would think they’d be extra careful about optics. 

• Love 8
21 hours ago, ginger90 said:

E5AF0FE5-0D17-4B1C-98FA-A93C8EE20102.jpeg

B66225A4-4AD7-49E1-A1B0-945F324B69D4.jpeg

1. JB and Mullet have matching jackets. Puke.

2. JB, get your grubby mitts off the JTeen. You haven't learned anything, have you?

3. Micro Preemie Miracle has to be staged next to Super Uterus.

4. Poor Jgirl wearing the Michaela Bates-inspired dumpy dress.

5. OMG. Jackson, aka The Former Photobomber , is huge. He looks happier now that he's not jockeying for attention.

• Love 9