Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, questionfear said:

Honestly I'm sort of surprised JB doesn't own an insurance franchise to go with his shitty real estate empire. Maybe that's what Deredick will do when he's done with law school. 

Jim Bob and Mullet both had insurance licenses in their early adulthood. I wonder why they didn't stick with it -- some people in insurance make a bundle. 

One doesn't need a law license to sell insurance or even own an agency. Or do you mean insurance will be Derelict's next venture, once he realizes that his scintillating personality and innate specialness won't automatically get him a Supreme Court nomination once he earns his JD? 

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

They loves theirs with potatoes. I just can't with her. UGH!!!

Also, she asked Rachel how SHE likes it, and got answers about how THEY like it. Can’t a woman be an individual and have HER own likes?

• Love 2
(edited)

I’m having a tough time mentally combining lemon, rosemary and thyme with jalapeños and hot sauce. It makes my tongue cringe.

But hey, vegetables. No soup. 

Baby steps, Jill, baby steps.

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • Love 16

People are mixing up terms and it's driving me crazy (never a long drive, to be sure):

There is a difference between homeowner's insurance and mortgage insurance.  Homeowner's insurance pays you for losses you've incurred.  Mortgage insurance pays your bank or other lender if you default on your mortgage.  You pay the premiums for both of these types of insurance.  Mortgage insurance (frequently referred to as PMI or private mortgage insurance) is always required for some types of mortgages (I don't have specifics) and usually required if your down payment is less than a certain percentage of the home's price (typically 20%).  You may not even realize you have mortgage insurance because it's probably rolled up in your mortgage payment. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
3 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I think she used the correct word here.  If you're saying she should have written "their's", that would be incorrect.  My biggest grammar gripe is the misuse of "it's" for the possessive "its".  I'll even write an email to a reporter if they write "it's" when they mean to say the possessive.  The only time "it's" can be used is if you can say "it is" in the place of "it's".  And "its'" is never used.  

• Love 10

Growing and cooking with herbs is really not surprising or difficult. I have oregano, thyme, lemon balm, and mint that’s been here for the 20 yrs I’ve lived here with no effort. Often chives, sage, rosemary, and lavender when I decide to plop some in pots. 

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Heathen said:

Jim Bob and Mullet both had insurance licenses in their early adulthood. I wonder why they didn't stick with it -- some people in insurance make a bundle. 

One doesn't need a law license to sell insurance or even own an agency. Or do you mean insurance will be Derelict's next venture, once he realizes that his scintillating personality and innate specialness won't automatically get him a Supreme Court nomination once he earns his JD? 

I was thinking Derrick would do all the legal work to get them up and running with a franchise, but that's an even better point-when he drops out of law school/finishes law school and is facing that awful three letter word (j-o-b) he can go for an insurance license next. Bad news for him is that an insurance license class is only a week or two if you do it all at once...

• Love 5
14 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

"Theirs" is the correct form of a possessive pronoun, but it's the wrong word for the sentence. The pronoun refers to "rosemary and thyme," not (their favorite) "ways," so the pronoun should be "them." The sentence sounds awkward because it is. 

• Love 13
10 hours ago, awaken said:

Growing and cooking with herbs is really not surprising or difficult. I have oregano, thyme, lemon balm, and mint that’s been here for the 20 yrs I’ve lived here with no effort. Often chives, sage, rosemary, and lavender when I decide to plop some in pots. 

Exactly.  Jill makes it sound like herbs are exotic plants. I guess to her they are.  Hoping Jill will get  the idea to plant a small garden with Izzy & Sam's help. I'm sure Aunt Jana can help.

• Love 15
15 hours ago, Quilt Fairy said:

People are mixing up terms and it's driving me crazy (never a long drive, to be sure):

There is a difference between homeowner's insurance and mortgage insurance.  Homeowner's insurance pays you for losses you've incurred.  Mortgage insurance pays your bank or other lender if you default on your mortgage.  You pay the premiums for both of these types of insurance.  Mortgage insurance (frequently referred to as PMI or private mortgage insurance) is always required for some types of mortgages (I don't have specifics) and usually required if your down payment is less than a certain percentage of the home's price (typically 20%).  You may not even realize you have mortgage insurance because it's probably rolled up in your mortgage payment. 

Does a lender (mortgage holder) require the home buyer to have homeowner's insurance until the house is paid for? It seems like they would because otherwise the house could suffer major damage and go unrepaired, and the bank could be left owning the damaged or even destroyed (ie, fire) house. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Our dear friends Cheech and Chong always made these hemp brownies when they came over after church. We loved to fellowship around the dinner table and slowly trip balls. My mom (Michelle) loves kush, while my dad (Jim Bob) loves ditch weed smeared with barbecue sauce. Be sure to make them brown enough, and serve with a big green salad. Secure yourself in your fortified dorm room after consuming, play Jerry Garcia singing "It's in the Blood", and allow 8-12 hours for the high to wear off.

I can see the cookbook now, "Getting Baked with Jill Duggar Dillard."

• LOL 20
  • Love 4
49 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

Does a lender (mortgage holder) require the home buyer to have homeowner's insurance until the house is paid for?

Yes.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

"Theirs" is the correct form of a possessive pronoun, but it's the wrong word for the sentence. The pronoun refers to "rosemary and thyme," not (their favorite) "ways," so the pronoun should be "them." The sentence sounds awkward because it is. 

It's a pretty awkward sentence either way, but "theirs" could be referring to "their rosemary and thyme." In that case, it's correct. 

• Love 6

If anyone has suggested this already, I apologize for repetition but - is it possible that Jim Boob is paying for Dreck's law school?  Boob has filed a lot of suits and does a lot of real estate business.  Might he be hoping to get free legal work if he pays the law school tuition?  It would keep Jill close and under his umbrella and he can sue everybody from now on without having to worry about legal bills.  

And, he won't care if Dreck is substandard.  After all, he thinks his kids are qualified to do home renovations just by watching someone else do them.  Dreck will do fine.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

Does a lender (mortgage holder) require the home buyer to have homeowner's insurance until the house is paid for? It seems like they would because otherwise the house could suffer major damage and go unrepaired, and the bank could be left owning the damaged or even destroyed (ie, fire) house. 

I'm sorry, but I expounded my entire knowledge of the subject in my earlier post.  I had a 20% down-payment when I bought my townhouse, so I never needed PMI. 

• Love 1

How has it already been a whole year that dreck has been in law school? It seems like just yesterday they were posting his “first day of school” photos! 

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
31 minutes ago, Quilt Fairy said:

I'm sorry, but I expounded my entire knowledge of the subject in my earlier post.  I had a 20% down-payment when I bought my townhouse, so I never needed PMI. 

Correct.  We also have bought houses outright and PMI is uneccesarry However, the concept of not have homeowner insurance is also jumbled into this discussion.  Not sure why.

• Love 6
On 5/6/2019 at 7:56 AM, bigskygirl said:

Knowing Jill and Deredick, they probably would think they do not need home insurance because God would protect them from fires, natural disasters, etc. etc. They obviously have not realize God has been trying to protect them from their own stupidity.

I have had a woman claim that she shouldn't be penalized for having a gap in her insurance coverage because she was covered by prayer. She was completely serious and insisted that if "In God We Trust" was on our money then we should apply that to all aspects of life and it was totally reasonable to "insure" your house with prayer. 

So yes, I'd believe they would  think that.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
(edited)
23 minutes ago, P2C2E said:

I have had a woman claim that she shouldn't be penalized for having a gap in her insurance coverage because she was covered by prayer. She was completely serious and insisted that if "In God We Trust" was on our money then we should apply that to all aspects of life and it was totally reasonable to "insure" your house with prayer. 

So yes, I'd believe they would  think that.

I would have ask to leave the room because I would have crack up laughing or would have to stop myself from asking her if this was a joke or if she was serious.

I remembered when we were hit by a lovely hail storm in 1997. The credit union told us they were going to keep our insurance check until they could make sure we were not going to use the money for other things like a newer vehicle or a boat since other customers were not using their insurance money for home repairs. We got a check for damages and paid to repair some broken windows. Some of the newer houses in our neighborhood received worse damage than our house did. I guess we were one of the luckier heathens in our neighborhood, and God protected us by giving us less damage to our house.

Edited by bigskygirl

Derelict's lower jaw and teeth are so off center now, I want to tell his photo ^ to stop making faces. 

His skin looks bad, he's too thin, his haircut looks like it was done by a homeschooled dingbat with no sense (oh wait!), plus the jaw and teeth issue. He's barely recognizable as the man who courted Jill five years ago. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 13
On 5/6/2019 at 4:06 PM, Ijustwantsomechips said:

That dish is definitely raw. I suppose she did that since she’d have to wait for it to cool to set it on the countertop or it would burn right through.  It’s also about the best she can do.  Maybe the lighter, brighter atmosphere has inspired her to do better.  She may have been depressed in the darker apartment and didn’t know why.  

This could definitely be a real thing! My new house gets less light than my apartment did, except in one room. Since I have been intentional about spending a lot of time in that room, I feel way better!

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Heathen said:

Derelict's lower jaw and teeth are so off center now, I want to tell his photo ^ to stop making faces. 

His skin looks bad, he's too thin, his haircut looks like it was done by a homeschooled dingbat with no sense (oh wait!), plus the jaw and teeth issue. He's barely recognizable as the man who courted Jill five years ago. 

Maybe D got $ for law school from suing the dentist. His face is truly messed up.

1 hour ago, galaxychaser said:

Maybe D got $ for law school from suing the dentist. His face is truly messed up.

Arkansas court records are public and Derick Dillard has never been involved in a court case. Not even a speeding ticket. So if he sued his dentist it wasn’t in AR. 

They do have some awesome names in Arkansas though. “Chucky Dillard” gets in trouble a lot, almost as often as “Custy Dillard” (three guesses about what his school nickname was). My favorite, though, had to be “Assberry Dillard.” 

• LOL 17
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Heathen said:

When he first showed up I actually thought he was kind of cute in a lanky sort of way. Not so much now

• Love 11
10 hours ago, Heathen said:

I looked back at pictures of their courting days and Derick’s teeth were as off center then as they are now, and that was before all the years of braces.

Tom Cruise has a similar condition though not as bad. If, with all his money Cruise can’t get his teeth aligned,I doubt that Derick ever will.

• Love 3

Maybe Deredick should take some responsibility and take care of his jaw, mouth and braces. His dentist and surgeons can only do so much especially if the patient does not follow advice and follow up care.

12 minutes ago, bythelake said:

I looked back at pictures of their courting days and Derick’s teeth were as off center then as they are now, and that was before all the years of braces.

To me, they were only slightly off.  Now they are VERY off.

Before-and-After-Derick-Dillards-Weight-

• Love 1

I had braces for many many many years as an adult, followed all instructions but they still aren’t brilliant, but they are the best they will ever be unless I go for veneers. My teeth are healthy so I’m not going for veneers

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, Totally said:

I had braces for many many many years as an adult, followed all instructions but they still aren’t brilliant, but they are the best they will ever be unless I go for veneers. My teeth are healthy so I’m not going for veneers

Me too @Totally.  I have smaller teeth that will constantly move, so it’s a lifetime of retainers for me.  I had braces twice, and my teeth are not perfectly centered, but it’s very slight, not noticeable to the naked eye unless you stare in my mouth for 20 minutes. That’s normal. It’s not nearly as Bad as Derick’s though.   

His condition is an unfortunate trifecta of crappy genetics, crappy orthodonture/maxillofacial treatment (probably by a crappy, quack practitioner), and crappy home maintenance.  But since they care more about a practitioner’s beliefs than his or her credentials and skills, they get what they get.  

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Me too @Totally.  I have smaller teeth that will constantly move, so it’s a lifetime of retainers for me.  I had braces twice, and my teeth are not perfectly centered, but it’s very slight, not noticeable to the naked eye unless you stare in my mouth for 20 minutes. That’s normal. It’s not nearly as Bad as Derick’s though.   

His condition is an unfortunate trifecta of crappy genetics, crappy orthodonture/maxillofacial treatment (probably by a crappy, quack practitioner), and crappy home maintenance.  But since they care more about a practitioner’s beliefs than his or her credentials and skills, they get what they get.  

Maybe he is using the things from Jill's medical bag to treat his jaw and teeth because we all know what a medical expert she is.

I also wonder if he has TMJ and grinds his teeth. His digestive issues also could play a role in his jaw and teeth problems.

Tom Cruise has a similar condition though not as bad. If, with all his money Cruise can’t get his teeth aligned,I doubt that Derick ever will.

FWIW my dentist told me Tom Cruise's teeth are an easy fix, he suspects Tom keeps it that way as an intentional flaw, like a beauty mark. Durwood, no so much. 

I can't get over the aging. Marriage isn't supposed to kill you. Plus, honestly, it's past time for that nose piercing to go.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
13 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I’m giving her a back pat for using the word “evolved” correctly.  I’m impressed.

Great point. I know some evangelicals who are terrified of that word because of its godless connotations.  They're the same folks who refuse to use the word "luck" under any circumstance. ("Yay, they drew my name for a door prize at the company luncheon! I am so . . . blessed.")

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, JoanArc said:

FWIW my dentist told me Tom Cruise's teeth are an easy fix, he suspects Tom keeps it that way as an intentional flaw, like a beauty mark. Durwood, no so much. 

I can't get over the aging. Marriage isn't supposed to kill you. Plus, honestly, it's past time for that nose piercing to go.

We are talking about a Duggar marriage here.

So the potatoes actually look pretty good, IMO.  Better than 95% of the stuff she makes.  

I still want to see Derwoods grades. That will never happen. I still wonder if he's going to continue, or if God will lay it on his heart to do something else. I almost vomited writing that last sentence. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

I still want to see Derwoods grades. That will never happen.

No it won't, but you can rest assured he probably did average.  We'd have seen some sort of congratulatory "#besthubbyever Got Str* A's! #mylawyerman #citrusandlemoncodeLAWSCHOOL"  by now had he crushed it.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

When he first showed up I actually thought he was kind of cute in a lanky sort of way. Not so much now

I agree! When he came on he scene, I thought he looked like the lanky, kind of dorky, but polite, sweet boy next door. He seemed like the type to open doors for women, get a part time job at Chick-fil-a in high school to buy his first car, and like the type to mow his elderly neighbor's yard. Then, considering he went to school and got a good degree, he seemed like the type of guy next door "hidden gem"...the steady, quiet type who may not be as flashy as the alpha accountant, but would give Jill a fantastic life, and be sweet and doting. 

Annnnnnnnd...I was wrong about all that, lol! I wonder if it's at all possible that either:

A. He WAS like that, until the surgery, and was changed by pain or addiction to pain meds...

B. Something mentally just snapped, which possibly could have been from marrying someone who was mentally thirteen. He is clearly not the right person to deal with that!

i think it's somewhat possible that a mix of these two things could be at play, but I wonder so much if he has always been like this, or if he really was how he seemed at first, but changed. 

• Love 23
1 minute ago, Christina87 said:

I agree! When he came on he scene, I thought he looked like the lanky, kind of dorky, but polite, sweet boy next door. He seemed like the type to open doors for women, get a part time job at Chick-fil-a in high school to buy his first car, and like the type to mow his elderly neighbor's yard. Then, considering he went to school and got a good degree, he seemed like the type of guy next door "hidden gem"...the steady, quiet type who may not be as flashy as the alpha accountant, but would give Jill a fantastic life, and be sweet and doting. 

Annnnnnnnd...I was wrong about all that, lol! I wonder if it's at all possible that either:

A. He WAS like that, until the surgery, and was changed by pain or addiction to pain meds...

B. Something mentally just snapped, which possibly could have been from marrying someone who was mentally thirteen. He is clearly not the right person to deal with that!

i think it's somewhat possible that a mix of these two things could be at play, but I wonder so much if he has always been like this, or if he really was how he seemed at first, but changed. 

I think he finally saw the writing on the wall after getting married, and Jill getting pregnant so fast.

3 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Marriage isn't supposed to kill you! Sometimes it's hard to differentiate when you're at the line, thinking, "is it that I need to try harder and get through this rough patch, or are we really wrong for each other?" I think they're definitely on the other side of that line, and will be miserable if they stay together. Yet they're weirdly codependent at the same time. 

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

Marriage isn't supposed to kill you! Sometimes it's hard to differentiate when you're at the line, thinking, "is it that I need to try harder and get through this rough patch, or are we really wrong for each other?" I think they're definitely on the other side of that line, and will be miserable if they stay together. Yet they're weirdly codependent at the same time. 

I really think they are stuck because Jill is incapable of personal change.  As much as we snark on Derick's neverending education, he is trying to do something different.  Jill was raised to believe that she and her family are super-special children of Dog who can do no wrong.  She seems to be one of the most indoctrinated of her siblings and cannot break away from this mindset.  Jill had dreams of being a missionary midwife, but could not make this happen.  She is ill-prepared to get back up after life deals her a blow.  Both of her births had problems which had to affect her along with all of her unresolved feelings about Josh, but she has not dealt with them.  Derick is moving in one direction when Jill is still the same girl living in her parents' home.  

• Love 22
4 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I really think they are stuck because Jill is incapable of personal change.  As much as we snark on Derick's neverending education, he is trying to do something different.  Jill was raised to believe that she and her family are super-special children of Dog who can do no wrong.  She seems to be one of the most indoctrinated of her siblings and cannot break away from this mindset.  Jill had dreams of being a missionary midwife, but could not make this happen.  She is ill-prepared to get back up after life deals her a blow.  Both of her births had problems which had to affect her along with all of her unresolved feelings about Josh, but she has not dealt with them.  Derick is moving in one direction when Jill is still the same girl living in her parents' home.  

No idea if Dog was a typo, but it did give me a little chuckle.