Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Fixed it for you.  His weasely ass doesn’t get to shift blame on this one. She didn’t have any kids until she met him. 

And he's smart enough to know it would happen.

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Fixed it for you.  His weasely ass doesn’t get to shift blame on this one. She didn’t have any kids until she met him. 

I knew I could count on you. I do think it took more than his weasely ass to get her pregnant. Handing out brain bleach to everyone.

9 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

When he first showed up I actually thought he was kind of cute in a lanky sort of way. Not so much now

I thought the same. He was dorky cute. 

37 minutes ago, Heathen said:

I thought the same. He was dorky cute. 

But then we saw his personality. And we no longer saw “dorky cute.” We saw the evil. The hatred. The nastiness. And we saw who he really is. 

• Love 16

Yeah when Derick first came along, I didn't think he was attractive, but he wasn't hideous. And he honestly did seem like the most promising son-in-law. He had a college degree and a good job. Damn how things went off the rails.

(Oh fun fact. I had a coworker/classmate at the U of A who went to high school with him. I don't think she knew him really well, but she did express surprise to me that he had married a Duggar. At the time, I was too wrapped up in my own stuff to ask any more questions--I didn't start snooping on the Duggars really until the following year, despite long knowing about them--and we've since lost touch.)

I've often wondered if Derick's dark side was always lurking or if he just snapped under the pressure. I suspect it's a bit of both--that he always had a dickish side but it maybe didn't really manifest itself until he was under pressure.

As I've said before, they had a lot of stressers when they first married. Some of it self-inflicted and some of it not. Don't think either he or Jill can handle this stuff well, though, and their reactions seem to just create a vicious cycle, where they dig themselves a deeper hole. 

• Love 16
(edited)
14 minutes ago, BrianJ1962 said:

Maybe he's Fundie Hunky? More like Fundie Gunky

Haha! I have no idea why my mind went here, but for some reason, your comment made me think someone has missed out on the opportunity to have a fundie rap group with the name Hunky Hunk and the Fundie Bunch. 😂

More on topic: Let's just say the years have not been kind to him. I mean, holy hell, Derick and I are the same age--just a few months apart. People always thought I was older than I was--I was the 12 year old who could get into R-rated movies without being ID'd--and I feel like at 29/30, I actually have finally grown into my face and look my age. 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, Zella said:

Haha! I have no idea why my mind went here, but for some reason, your comment made me think someone has missed out on the opportunity to have a fundie rap group with the name Hunky Hunk and the Fundie Bunch. 😂

I laughed so hard I almost peed myself. Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch 😂.

I've been working on this one: Instead of Urkle there's now Derkle

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, BrianJ1962 said:

I laughed so hard I almost peed myself. Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch 😂.

Mark Wahlberg can never live down being Marky Mark in my mind's eye. 😂 I work at a library and just today I was filing away a newish movie and noticed him on the cover, and I was like, "Oh, there's ol' Marky Mark. What's your real name . . . your real name that's on the cover that I am looking at?" 🤣

I've been working on this one: Instead of Urkle there's now Derkle

LOL That's awesome! We've gotten so many great nicknames out of Derick over the years. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, Zella said:

I've often wondered if Derick's dark side was always lurking or if he just snapped under the pressure. I suspect it's a bit of both--that he always had a dickish side but it maybe didn't really manifest itself until he was under pressure.

I think his dad's death left him with only his mother's emotional domineering to influence him. Wouldn't you like to hear how her husband died, how she was adopted, how she hit her kids with wooden spoons, how she had cancer, how her life is shit but Jesus is awesome? Well, she's going to tell you anyway! Combine that with being kind of an awkward loser and it's bad times.

It's telling that Dan, the least fundie of them all, seems to have the happiest life.

• Love 13
(edited)
2 hours ago, JoanArc said:

I think his dad's death left him with only his mother's emotional domineering to influence him. Wouldn't you like to hear how her husband died, how she was adopted, how she hit her kids with wooden spoons, how she had cancer, how her life is shit but Jesus is awesome? Well, she's going to tell you anyway! Combine that with being kind of an awkward loser and it's bad times.

It's telling that Dan, the least fundie of them all, seems to have the happiest life.

My mother is like that. She always has to tell me about how hard her life is. I just roll my eyes and try not to make a snotty comment, but I do not act like a female version of Deredick.

Deredick can come up with excuses for why he acts the way he does, but he should take a long hard look at himself and not blame Jill, JB, his two sons, and mommy for his problems. He probably would have been Deredick even without all of his "problems" and "enablers"

Edited by bigskygirl
Just now, Westiepeach said:

Sliced lemons and salt? Is that a thing?

It’s a thing but she’s giving him lemons, why? His poor teeth. It is suggested that if you give your child lemon water, that they drink it with a straw. Jill is having him bite right in. Enamel killer!!

• Love 4
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Sliced lemons and salt? Is that a thing?

Yes, but it's absolutely horrible for Izzy's tooth enamel. It's not something I'd give a kid on the regular. Between Jill's gums and Derick's orthodontic saga, the poor kid already got the shit end of the dentition stick as it is. No need to make it worse.

Edited by BitterApple
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, JoanArc said:

A lot of people think baby teeth don't count. I guess Jill is one of those people.

In the photos from the trip to Walmart to buy Izzy his fancy toothbrush you could see that his teeth looked spotty, like the enamel was wearing away.  I know baby teeth are more prone to staining-back in the 60's my brother's front teeth were stained from some antibiotic he had to take, but luckily his permanent teeth are beautiful.

Still, I would not make a habit of giving my 4 year old foods that could damage his teeth.

• Love 4

Eww. Lemon and salt? I've never heard of that before.  Gross city.. Horrible for their teeth! Poor Izzy. 

The movers are unloading our stuff as I speak. The kids are all over the place, the dog is in her crate in the basement (it's a nice basement) howling her guts out. My husband is telling the movers where to put stuff. I'm going to be buried in boxes.  Looks like the next couple of days will be busy. Finally get the house put together.  Sorry, no selfies of me making bug eyes at the camera, or pics of my kids in precarious places. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 8

One of my closest friend had an injury as a child and has a line up just like Tom Cruise’s. I didn’t notice until she mentioned it. I just looked at pictures of her to see if I could sneakily post a picture of her nose and smile, but you really can’t tell unless she is directly facing you and you are looking for it.

On the other hand, Derick’s asymmetry is apparent from any and all angles. 

I am so curious why he had this surgery in his 20s and not before.

Harkening back to posts from a few days ago, I think Jill’s inability to meet the requirements to become a whatever midwife and to become a whatever it was kind of missionary also contributed to the breakdown they seem to have individually and together seemed to have had.

• Love 2

We haven’t seen or heard of her doing any “midwife” work since Joy’s labor.   It’s going to be really interesting to see if she is involved with any of the upcoming Duggar babies.   

Is it possible she has realized she sucks at it?

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

We haven’t seen or heard of her doing any “midwife” work since Joy’s labor.   It’s going to be really interesting to see if she is involved with any of the upcoming Duggar babies.   

I seriously doubt it. She probably thinks she is becoming more on an expert each time she helps with a birth.. She probably could not deliver a pizza without missing the order up.

1 hour ago, tabloidlover said:

It's not even that he sucks at it, she is actually dangerous. Hopefully she stays far away this time

• Love 10
2 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

No in her mind she is a licensed midwife with many years of baby experience.  After all moty had 19 kids...

2 hours ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

One of my closest friend had an injury as a child and has a line up just like Tom Cruise’s. I didn’t notice until she mentioned it. I just looked at pictures of her to see if I could sneakily post a picture of her nose and smile, but you really can’t tell unless she is directly facing you and you are looking for it.

On the other hand, Derick’s asymmetry is apparent from any and all angles. 

I am so curious why he had this surgery in his 20s and not before.

Harkening back to posts from a few days ago, I think Jill’s inability to meet the requirements to become a whatever midwife and to become a whatever it was kind of missionary also contributed to the breakdown they seem to have individually and together seemed to have had.

I read somewhere that Tom Cruise is missing a tooth that is why his teeth are off. Imagine how much $ he spent at a dentist. 

As much as I dislike and mistrust Derick, I really do hope he is sincere with his hashtag and that Izzy is encouraged to pursue higher education. Though with Jill handling the homeschooling, I suspect he'd need serious remedial help to achieve that goal. 😞

• Love 12

I have no clue what the community college curriculum is in AR, but due to budget cuts, in CA we've had to drop a lot of the remedial Math and English courses. I'm in the English department, and our remedial classes have been scaled back from several (covering basics from 4-8 grade) to just one. I don't know how remedial math is now, but it used to go back to elementary school basics (pre-pre algebra?). Now even more kids who are disadvantaged, or privileged but woefully homeschooled, will be left behind.

My knowledge is a good ten years out of date, so I'm not sure. When I went to an AR community college, there were a lot of remedial classes available. I should have taken remedial math to make up for my own poor homeschooling in that subject, but I was always a good test-taker and tested out of it and then flailed my way through college algebra.

I remember when I was a TA at the U of A in the English department, there were remedial English classes. First day of class was giving the freshmen an in-class writing prompt to see if anyone needed to be referred to that (or bumped up to honors). 

• Love 2
(edited)

The point is, in 15 years, will Izzy and Sammy have this resource to use to transfer to a 4-year school? I know that at UC Berkeley (my alma mater), there are no remedial courses in Math or English. You take the standard freshman writing class of you didn't test out of it in high school. And most kids at high-end four year school's have. I don't recall seeing College Algebra (see Moody Aviation) on the list of Math courses. I think the lowest level course was Statistics (which I took at a community college, thank goodness).

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1
(edited)

I'm actually having a hard time finding the remedial classes anymore at my old community college on their website. So, maybe those have been cut here too. 😞

If so, it's a shame because they used to offer a lot of them. No way at least one didn't work with your schedule. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 1

When I started here five years ago, there were probably five low and mid remedial classes to choose from to get to Eng1A, which is the transferable course. I checked the course directory for the fall and there is one low remedial and three mid remedial. Low remedial tests at 4-8 grade level, so their classes just led up to writing an essay. They then advanced to mid-level: more reading and writing to prep for 1A. Now if you test into low remedial, you're pretty much screwed. 

I can't see Jilly Muffin teaching them how to write even a simple 5 paragraph essay. I don't see Derelict having time to help. 

• Love 2
(edited)
17 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I can't see Jilly Muffin teaching them how to write even a simple 5 paragraph essay. I don't see Derelict having time to help. 

I'd be very curious to see a basic 5 paragraph essay from any of the Duggars, and I don't think the results would be pretty.

My experience with teaching/tutoring covered about 5 years, so definitely not that of a career teacher but I did see my share of student papers. I thought, overall, the quality of freshman papers I saw at the U of A were better than the ones I saw at a writing center for one of the local Christian colleges.

However, a lot of the U of A students I had in class would ace the writing exercise in class on the first day--which they usually turned into a basic 5 paragraph essay--but then struggle with more complicated writing assignments throughout the semester. And that was fine--that was what I was there for and why they were in freshman comp.

But I am not sure any of the Duggars would be able to pass even that simple 20-30 minute timed writing exercise, and that makes me very sad. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 3

I wonder if Derick realized how woefully undereducated Jill really is. Does he ask himself how will such a person be able to educate her own children? His expectation for his sons to attend a real university are unrealistic. How can he not connect the two dots?

• Love 11
7 hours ago, floridamom said:

I wonder if Derick realized how woefully undereducated Jill really is. Does he ask himself how will such a person be able to educate her own children? His expectation for his sons to attend a real university are unrealistic. How can he not connect the two dots?

He doesn't yet know what it's like for them not to meet a milestone, basically.  Firstly he's no teacher himself; secondly, they probably don't socialize with many young parents who are thinking about their kids' education as education, when starting with colors, sharing, and counting from 1-10.  Maybe Dan and Deena's kids will be public schooled, at which point Derick will suddenly realize in alarm that Izzy's younger cousin has just shown him up at improper fractions, etc. 

Also, it's possible the Dillard/Byrum family is used to being quoted the party line about "homeschoolers in general", not the Duggars' "special" way of doing things, and aren't thinking about the difference.  I feel pretty sure that even the most radical of homeschooling advice permits to hire tutors, etc., for kids to handle areas that the parent-teacher may not be particularly good at; but it makes perfect sense that the Duggars didn't do it well or like that at all, because JB & M are lazy.  In fact, considering the size of their family, Boob and M. have even managed to pretty much cancel out one of the major touted benefits of homeschooling, namely - the 1:1 teacher/student class ratio.  Even 1:6 would have been an improvement upon the eventual 1:16 ratio, and multiple choice workbooks on a computer screen.

• Love 6

On the Israel at the library post, someone asked about their income. I’m leaving the person’s name out, here’s Derick’s reply: 

First he replied:

derickdillard how do you know what our income looks like?

Then:

derickdillard do you ask everyone, especially strangers how their job provides for their family?? Just seems kinda awkward. Would it seem awkward if it happened to you?

And finally:

derickdillard but to answer your question, we get by the same way many people do who go back to school: planning, budgeting, scholarships, work, etc.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

This is such bs -- I don't know why Derick can't just be honest. I don't care how good you are at planning and budgeting, Derick hasn't worked in years, he spent thousands on that Cross Church foolishness, and now law school. No amount of planning and budgeting turns nothing into something.

Exactly. Planning and budgeting apparently no income?  Since they were volunteer tv stars?  

• Love 20
35 minutes ago, awaken said:

Exactly. Planning and budgeting apparently no income?  Since they were volunteer tv stars?  

Has anyone ever worded a question in this way on their social media and gotten anything but a block/delete or, at best, complete silence? I'd love to see a barrage of these type of questions and see him actually address any of them.

• Love 11