Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

44 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Izzy is 4. That’s the age for kindergarten. Since he is not enrolled in any school by now I don’t think he will attend a school anytime soon. Derek is okay with Jill homeschooling. 

4 is pre-K, where I grew up. Most kids are 5 in kindergarten and turn 6. I certainly did. 

• Love 18

Back when I was in school--which was admittedly awhile ago--4 was pre-K, and 5 was kindergarten. I actually got into preschool at 3 and then was there for 2 years for reasons that have never been explained to me. LOL

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

Derrick, the second you ask people to donate their hard-earned money to your half-assed pseudo cause, you lose the “my money is none of your business” card.

Arrogant putz.

This, a billion times!

• Love 10

Derick’s on a roll .....some of his replies to questions:

I wasn’t “calling them out” I was calling out TLC for programming that’s detrimental because it promotes child abuse. They’re not innocent, they have an agenda. We don’t let people rent cars til they’re 25, but they can choose irreversible life-altering surgery as an adolescent?!

Regarding Duggar girls perusing education:

Maybe they didn’t want to. I don’t think parents should force their kids to go to college if they don’t want to.

My wife wanted to go to school to be a midwife, and she did, and she is.

They do think education is important. Jill was in Texas going to class one time when I called her from Nepal. She was at school.

Regarding Jill’s level of education:

As with any profession, there are many designations (too many to keep up with these days), and you’re not subhuman if you pursue one over the other. For example, you’re not irrelevant just because you choose to be a paramedic instead of a doctor. There are many needs.

Well there are plenty of people who trust their birth with a CPM. Just because you don’t want to, doesn’t mean you have to, so just live and let live man.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I wasn’t “calling them out” I was calling out TLC for programming that’s detrimental because it promotes child abuse. They’re not innocent, they have an agenda. We don’t let people rent cars til they’re 25, but they can choose irreversible life-altering surgery as an adolescent?!

Maybe they didn’t want to. I don’t think parents should force their kids to go to college if they don’t want to.

They do think education is important. Jill was in Texas going to class one time when I called her from Nepal. She was at school.

As with any profession, there are many designations (too many to keep up with these days), and you’re not subhuman if you pursue one over the other. For example, you’re not irrelevant just because you choose to be a paramedic instead of a doctor. There are many needs.

Well there are plenty of people who trust their birth with a CPM. Just because you don’t want to, doesn’t mean you have to, so just live and let live man.

Well school’s definitely out for summer. Also, it doesn’t seem like his first year of #lawschool taught him much about making a persuasive argument. 

The only thing I will say I do believe him about is that he wouldn’t have an issue with a daughter of his attending college. Now a daughter taught by Jill meeting basic entrance requirements is a different story, but I don’t feel he’s JB level of keep women in the kitchen and pregnant. 

• Love 11

What he seems to not understand is that sometimes (as in this case) if any of the girls "didn't want to" in terms of going to college, it's because their parents heavily discouraged the idea by either instilling fear in them or making them think it was unimportant.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Just because you don’t want to, doesn’t mean you have to, so just live and let live man.

If the Duggar Family and those adjacent would only adhere to this there would be so much less to snark or judge on.  The most judging people ever expecting not to be judged.

• LOL 4
  • Love 14

I think in most states kids do kindergarten at 5. 

Derick should understand why people ask about their income...most young families can't go years on end without either parent having a full-time job!  Seems like a logical question to me.  Derick- most families do not live like you.  You are not "getting by" like everyone else.

• Love 17

Deertick is such a dipwad.  He acts all offended that people ask about their finances as if he's just another Joe Schmo on the Internet.  To me this is rather telling.  Why get all defensive?  Either just ignore it, just most other (real) famous people do, or tell the truth.  He has to know that they have tons of followers who are deeply interested in their lives.  He's really an idiot if he thinks that their lifestyle looks "normal" to anyone.  He hasn't really worked a full-time job in years.  He's a full time student with a family who suddenly buys a new home.  It's obvious they have been living fairly thrifty the past few years, but that in of itself doesn't allow for their lifestyle without some sort of cash injection.

• Love 18
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Unlike their anti-abortion stance, where because they don't believe in it, no one else should have that choice, either.  How is that "live and let live, man.?"

Asshole.

• Love 22
32 minutes ago, Absolom said:

This is from the same guy who implied he'd been working since the age of 5.  Straight forward honesty is not in his DNA.

I think he listed going to school as a job. Really...Seriously...

2 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

Deertick is such a dipwad.  He acts all offended that people ask about their finances as if he's just another Joe Schmo on the Internet.  To me this is rather telling.  Why get all defensive?  Either just ignore it, just most other (real) famous people do, or tell the truth.  He has to know that they have tons of followers who are deeply interested in their lives.  He's really an idiot if he thinks that their lifestyle looks "normal" to anyone.  He hasn't really worked a full-time job in years.  He's a full time student with a family who suddenly buys a new home.  It's obvious they have been living fairly thrifty the past few years, but that in of itself doesn't allow for their lifestyle without some sort of cash injection.

He has to know that he can stop talking to people on the internet. He should know he can privatize, delete or downsize his social media and blog.  

• Love 5
14 hours ago, Zella said:

Back when I was in school--which was admittedly awhile ago--4 was pre-K, and 5 was kindergarten. I actually got into preschool at 3 and then was there for 2 years for reasons that have never been explained to me. LOL

I did preschool for 2 years as well beginning at the age of 3.  My parents then had two options.  Send me to public school (small town of 3000, decent, but not great) or the school that was associated with our church (AOG).  I went the private route, which didn't have kinder, so I entered first grade at the age of 5 and turned 6 about eight weeks into school.  I went 4 years there, but then the church/school closed and I was in public.  When all was said and done, I started my senior year at 16.  I am the youngest in my class by nearly two months.  It sucked.  I wasn't even a legal adult when I started my freshman year of college.  If I would have started in public, I would have graduated with Mr. Six instead of the year ahead.  I'm 7 1/2 months old than him, but it doesn't bother either one of us.

"Just because you don’t want to, doesn’t mean you have to, so just live and let live man."
-This little quote by Derick shows how narrow-minded and weak he is as a male of the human race.  I refuse to call him a man, in the same manner, that he refuses to refer to Jazz as a woman.  Why can't he apply this to the people he condemns-women as a whole or members of the LGBTQ+ community?  Oh, right.  It's because he's a dickhead who feels he's been blessed to spew garbage to the masses because he was given a dick at birth.  

• Love 17
19 hours ago, sixlets said:

I did preschool for 2 years as well beginning at the age of 3.  My parents then had two options.  Send me to public school (small town of 3000, decent, but not great) or the school that was associated with our church (AOG).  I went the private route, which didn't have kinder, so I entered first grade at the age of 5 and turned 6 about eight weeks into school.  I went 4 years there, but then the church/school closed and I was in public.  When all was said and done, I started my senior year at 16.  I am the youngest in my class by nearly two months.  It sucked.  I wasn't even a legal adult when I started my freshman year of college.  If I would have started in public, I would have graduated with Mr. Six instead of the year ahead.  I'm 7 1/2 months old than him, but it doesn't bother either one of us.

"Just because you don’t want to, doesn’t mean you have to, so just live and let live man."
-This little quote by Derick shows how narrow-minded and weak he is as a male of the human race.  I refuse to call him a man, in the same manner, that he refuses to refer to Jazz as a woman.  Why can't he apply this to the people he condemns-women as a whole or members of the LGBTQ+ community?  Oh, right.  It's because he's a dickhead who feels he's been blessed to spew garbage to the masses because he was given a dick at birth.  

I too went to private school and started kindergarten at 4. I didn’t turn 18 until well into my freshman year of college, my mom just said “don’t break your leg so I don’t have to fly down here.” I was the 4th youngest in my law school class (another late bday, 1 person skipped one grade, another skipped 2). It honestly NEVER bothered me. Like whatever. What does a few months difference make? 

I say all this to say that it doesn’t phase me if Izzy isn’t in school right now. Children are all different, and so much of this push for early preschool is to solve childcare problems, not because the child must attend school at x time or they will be forever behind. That said I don’t trust Jill to teach Izzy in the slightest. Because she’s Jill. 😂

• Love 10

Portrait of a Godly Mother

May 12, 2019 | Family Blog | 2 

My two favorite women are my wife and mother, and neither of them get as much praise as they deserve. Speaking of industrious women, the last verse of the book of Proverbs in the Bible says to “give her of the fruit of her hands, and let her works praise her in the gates.”  My mother is largely the reason I am blessed to be married to the most wonderful woman in the world, my wife Jill.  Growing up, my mother was the example of what I looked for in a wife and the mother of my children.

Different people have their ideas about what a mom should look like.  Some walk the walk and talk the talk, but are the farthest from what a Christian mother is called to be.  A godly mother is not recognized by donning skirts, having long hair, or tattoo-free skin. It’s not a matter of whether she has a career outside the home or not, but instead, a God-fearing mother is recognized by her character and wise management of what God entrusts her with.  Some receive the praise of man, but many are the unsung heroes who quietly provide the backbone of our families and the fabric of society.  My wife and mother are examples of these moms.  

From as early as I can remember, my mom woke long before the light of day to make sure we had clean clothes and full bellies before school.  She loved and supported my dad.  As a young woman, when both her adopted parents had died, she wisely invested her time and money in graduate school.  She often worked long hours, wisely putting her skills to work as she made a living – not just for her own household, but also to have something to give to others. Regardless of a long workweek, she had supper on the table and helped with homework late into the night. Before I could drive, she would drive me into town before swim practice started at 6AM.  And there is scarcely anyone as positive and optimistic in a room as my mom.  Despite the cancer that doctors thought was a death sentence, she remained joyful and trusted in God’s sovereign will.  These are all character attributes that I saw in Jill that attracted me to her (besides how gorgeous she is   Likewise, if the Lord blesses us with daughters, these are the qualities I hope and pray they would receive from their grandmother and mother.  

Oftentimes, we have no idea the extent of our influence, and this is especially true of a godly legacy. Some people refer this as “the butterfly effect” but in reality, it’s the providence of God.  But for the influence of my mom, I doubt I would have realized the value of Jill’s godly character, which led me to marry her.  My wife is the most amazing woman I have ever met, and she deserves praise for all she does as a wife and mother.  Jill is one of the most gifted people I know, and she could literally do whatever she wants, but she chooses to undertake some of the most difficult jobs out there.  I say “some” because there’s really no single job title for what she does, which includes, but isn’t limited to domiciliary logistical engineer, in-home care provider, multi-level educator, contemporaneous researcher in multiple fields, chef, consumer finance expert, clothing technician, legal writing editor, and primary emergency response.  Jill does all this and more as she’s on call 24/7.  Every day is a new high-stakes, winner-take-all environment as the tiny humans are always testing her to see if she can adjust to new ways they’ve developed to try to kill themselves (they still don’t realize that people aren’t the same as phones when they die).  Don’t mistake her smile and joyfulness for ease; that’s just who she is J She is selfless and always looks for a way to encourage those around her.  But most of all she’s my best friend and lover.                           

Knowing my wife, I recalled something I heard my mom say years ago, which holds a new meaning for me today.  Working for a large company, my mom was in charge of logistics for multiple countries, and she once commented that her corporate responsibilities often paled in comparison to family logistical challenges.  I don’t know how she managed it, but my mom seemed to do it all.  As a teenager, I soon realized that she wasn’t doing it all on her own, but that she was relying on supernatural power through her relationship with her heavenly Father.  On occasion, when I was up before 5AM, I would see my mom studying her Bible and spending time talking to God as she prepared for the day.  The Bible says that God is a father to the fatherless and defender of the widow – that he protects those whose hope is in Him. My mom has been both an orphan and a widow, and I have seen her reliance on God.  Proverbs begins with a mother’s instruction to her son, and likewise, my mother has taught me much about life through words and actions.  Just when life seems impossible, my Lord Jesus is, and continues to be, my salvation too.   That is the most important truth my mother taught me, and it’s true for anyone who would realize God’s gift of eternal 

Copied exactly as posted.......

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
(edited)

RING!!! RING!!! RING!!! My OMG Bull Crap Alarm is ringing off the hook! I hope a sheriff deputy does not come to my house to ask me what the noise is. Talk about laying it on thick. Is he trying to convince us how great his mom and Jill are or trying to convince himself.

Edited by bigskygirl
1 minute ago, jcbrown said:

So many phrases and thoughts in there just make me want to kick him hard in the 'nads.

There probably is not much to kick. I blame the devil and my thyroid levels being off for the comment I just made.

12 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Does it really cut off right after “eternal”?

Because I am having a little too much fun imagining a lightning bolt just then...

Yup!

• LOL 7
58 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

0C8D0445-9715-4D23-93FA-D466B5B47758.jpeg

I can't believe it.  Jill & I got the same gift for Mother's Day (but I got a larger bag so that means Mr.Barb loves me more)  Jill,   I love all things gummy too & my husband knows that so you are not the only special wife & mother.  #gummybears #mr barb&sonare#1, i'mnotwearingcitrus&lemon

• LOL 19
  • Love 4

Jill, I have graded your work and while your slavering suckup score is very high, I’ve had to significantly lower your grade for not mentioning God, Godly, Jesus, Christ or Savior even once. (Hint for next time: just equate your mother to the mother of Jesus...that’ll start things rolling.)

So Jill...C+

Better work next time, yes?

• LOL 22
  • Love 2

I wish Jill was hooked on whatever sugar-free gummies that there were scathing reviews about, on Amazon.  I don't remember the brand; just that they caused horrible diarrhea.  🤮

Disclosure:  I hate gummy products of any type.  Surely #besthubbyevah could have given something more thoughtful, and not a cheap bag of (to me) horrible candy he picked up last minute at the mini-mart.  Dickwad.

• LOL 6
  • Love 7

Regarding kindergarten: I live in PA and worked in a private early learning center. Public schools changed their regulations a few years ago so all students entering kindergarten had to be 5 before September 1, no exceptions. Furthermore,  children had to meet that criteria for each grade, so kids couldn't do a kindergarten program in a private school a year early and then go to the public school in 1st grade a year ahead.

I went to public school in WV in the 80s,  and started kindergarten at age 4. I was always ahead academically, but socially and emotionally I was not on the same level as my peers. I advocate for parents to wait until kids are 5 for kindergarten. My oldest daughter is finishing kindergarten soon. She turned 6 in September just a few days after the cut off. We are private schooling, and she is reading well ahead of her peers, but I want to keep her with her group for social development. My second daughter is in preschool and already reading single syllable words, but she will still do her second year of preschool and go to kindergarten as a 5-year-old who will turn six that fall. 

America starts formal education early by global standards. I think it is far too early to worry about this generation's education, except Anna's kids. If they get plenty of time to play and someone reads to them daily,  at this stage they are okay.

• Love 4

Gummy bears, gummy smile.  Yeah... That’s Jill. And, in keeping with tradition, it appears they were consumed in the car.

i started kindergarten at 4 -no biggie. College at 17- also no biggie. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
19 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Derrick, the second you ask people to donate their hard-earned money to your half-assed pseudo cause, you lose the “my money is none of your business” card.

Arrogant putz.

He was fired form the show so he wouldn't acknowledge that Jill's reality TV money helped. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I too went to private school and started kindergarten at 4. I didn’t turn 18 until well into my freshman year of college, my mom just said “don’t break your leg so I don’t have to fly down here.” I was the 4th youngest in my law school class (another late bday, 1 person skipped one grade, another skipped 2). It honestly NEVER bothered me. Like whatever. What does a few months difference make? 

I say all this to say that it doesn’t phase me if Izzy isn’t in school right now. Children are all different, and so much of this push for early preschool is to solve childcare problems, not because the child must attend school a x time or they will be forever behind. That said I don’t trust Jill to teach Izzy in the slightest. Because she’s Jill. 😂

just curious were born the last third of the year: September-December? I only ask, because the last quarter of the year could go either way. You could be one of the oldest kids in your grade or one of the younger grade and both are considered reasonable and usually up to the parents. Israel is born in April which makes him less likely to be in kindergarten at 4. Most states have laws concerning how old a child has to be before they can be in a grade for public schools. (Example: 5 by December 31.) 

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Temperance said:

just curious were born the last third of the year: September-December? I only ask, because the last quarter of the year could go either way. You could be one of the oldest kids in your grade or one of the younger grade and both are considered reasonable and usually up to the parents. Israel is born in April which makes him less likely to be in kindergarten at 4. Most states have laws concerning how old a child has to be before they can be in a grade for public schools. (Example: 5 by December 31.) 

I’m born in October. So I was always one of the youngest in my class, but I did have classmates that were a year (or almost) older than me.  My Mom thought the law that you had to be 5 by September 1 was ridiculous, but I wasn’t going to attend public school either way, and the private school she planned for me to attend didn’t care when my birthday fell. 

Yes Izzy is an April baby, so he will likely be 5 when he starts kindergarten (if he starts), or he might not start school until 6. Some kids just go straight to first grade and are fine. I’m more concerned with how Jill views schooling compared to if the boy starts school between 4-6 years old. Kids are different, and this big push for preschool right out of uteruo is motivated by childcare concerns not by the fear kids will be academically stunted forever if they don’t go to preschool. Again, not saying there’s anything wrong with pre-school if that’s what parents want to do. 

• Love 1
(edited)
13 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Now I must go flog myself.  I loved the smell of Play-Doh.  Agreement with a Duggar (or any fundie) is not something I can take pride in.

Of course, in the days of ditto machines, I remember sniffing those fresh copies and liking that smell, too.  It was a 60's thing.

We never had commercial Play-Doh, my mom made ours, so I also loved the smell (and yes, it was the late 60s/early 70s, why do you ask?). And ITA both about the smell of fresh dittos and about cringing to agree with any Duggar on anything.

Edited by jcbrown
  • Love 2

This discussion is also making me think my 2 years of preschool starting at age 3 was primarily a childcare issue. Limited options where we lived, so when my slightly older brother started preschool, they probably were okay with me starting too, especially since I was already reading. Solved juggling separate arrangements for me. 

Which month different places cut off for school attendance has always intrigued me. My birthday is early August, and I was always one of the youngest kids, so I long guessed our cut-off was sometime around mid-August but apparently it's August 1. Maybe they granted me an exemption for only being a couple of days late.  

I recently learned that the actor Joe Mantegna never learned his real birthday until he was in his teens and went to get his driver's license. His mom had fudged it by a couple of days because she wanted him to go to school and couldn't bear the thought of another year at home with, but she never let him in on the ruse. 😂

37 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Yes Izzy is an April baby, so he will likely be 5 when he starts kindergarten (if he starts), or he might not start school until 6. Some kids just go straight to first grade and are fine. I’m more concerned with how Jill views schooling compared to if the boy starts school between 4-6 years old. Kids are different, and this big push for preschool right out of uteruo is motivated by childcare concerns not by the fear kids will be academically stunted forever if they don’t go to preschool. Again, not saying there’s anything wrong with pre-school if that’s what parents want to do. 

Yes, I agree with this 100%! I think it is Finland where kids start school at 7? They have one of the best educational systems in the world, so that late start doesn't seem to be hurting them. It won't really matter whether she starts him this year or in a couple of years if she is not adequately qualified to teach him (and I don't think she is.)

• Love 5
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

Now I must go flog myself.  I loved the smell of Play-Doh.  Agreement with a Duggar (or any fundie) is not something I can take pride in.

Of course, in the days of ditto machines, I remember sniffing those fresh copies and liking that smell, too.  It was a 60's thing.

LOL, I was going to say the same thing about ditto ink and Play-Doh. 

• Love 7

What's next? "Puppies...ugly or cute?"* Jill is so thirsty for cheap likes. It's embarrassing...except oh yeah, she's beyond embarrassment.

*totally stolen from Friends.

• LOL 8
  • Love 7

Since we got all our stuff arranged and put away and the house is finished, I've had a few minutes to catch up here. 

I hate to love something the Duggars do, but I love those gummy bears! When I was pregnant with the twins, they were all I wanted. I also love the smell of Play Doh. 

My son is a Halloween baby, so he started school at 6. My twins, who just turned 3 a couple weeks ago will hopefully go to preschool in the fall. They need to play and be with other kids. They miss their friends from ND. 

I hope thah Izzy and Sam will have a decent education, but then I remember this is the Duggars we're talking about. Deadwood thinks Jilly is actually a midwife. Smh. 

• Love 8