Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Almost every single thing that I see Derick post, do or say is really strange. He is the strangest person in the entire Duggar clan.

He is truly 100% strange. 

All the Duggars do kooky things but we do see them doing normal things too.  Even when Derick does something seemingly normal, he does it strangely. 

*not talking about hateful views. Just daily activities.  Derick goes through life in such an odd manner. Jill giving a talk. OK she is giving a talk.  Derick plops himself in a group of young girls and is the only male there.  He took something normal and just did it so strangely.  The list is endless with Derick. he posts his kids, a normal dad thing, and his kids are screaming or in a dangerous situation. Who does this?   He tries to be a missionary and instead of actually preaching & helping, he is doing interpretive dance? Like WTF?   He has some hateful views and posts them.  People post hateful things all the time.  EXCEPT it's from his own TLC channel and gets fired!!! What an idiot!!!   He cooks steaks for his wife. Pretty normal thing to do.  EXCEPT he just asked for donations because they are broke!   He is in a wedding along with a whole bunch of other married people but he has to behave so strangely and grab Jill and smooch her like an idiot. 

No matter what Derick does, he does it so strangely. There HAS to be something wrong with him.  There just has to be.  He doesn't function like others. 

Yikes, he IS a Duggar.

I believe Josh grabbed Anna at the Dillard wedding, JB & M spoke openly about Blanket Training (until they got negative feedback), JB has stated that 19 & Counting was the Duggar Ministry, Michelle robocalled against the transgender community and the Duggars lived off church offerings while JB spent a 1/4 million on a campaign.

Yikes, he functions like a Duggar.

• Love 11
37 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Yikes, he IS a Duggar.

I believe Josh grabbed Anna at the Dillard wedding, JB & M spoke openly about Blanket Training (until they got negative feedback), JB has stated that 19 & Counting was the Duggar Ministry, Michelle robocalled against the transgender community and the Duggars lived off church offerings while JB spent a 1/4 million on a campaign.

Yikes, he functions like a Duggar.

Oh the genetic Duggars are nuts too!!!  Humping on a mini golf course!  But sprinkled in with crazy is some normal stuff.  Does Derick do ANYTHING like a normal person???  I don't think so!

Jim Bob just posted a picture of him and Mason. He was holding the baby appropriately and the baby was smiling.

Derick? Derick posts a picture of him on the chair and he is not holding Sammy. The baby is just squashed there in the chair and really could tip or squiggle into the side of the chair. 

Over and over with this guy. Every post is truly a snark nugget of gold. 

• Love 14
13 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

I went to a Christian school until 7th grade. In the 7th grade, we saw a film about what it was like to go to hell. Listening to Jill must be as horrifying. 

Were you having Hell flashbacks imagining yourself listening to Jill?  That would do it for me.

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, cdp73 said:

Is it just me or does Jill look as bored to be there as the students?

Oh no!  Jill is very seriously telling these poor girls that they need to pray for a godly husband to show up on their doorstep. That there is no greater calling than marrying the first boyfriend you ever had, and to trust god in giving you however many blessings as he sees fit. That you obey without question your husband and submit to making his quick sandwiches!  That college would be an evil ? influence on them.

• Love 12
49 minutes ago, louannems said:

Oh no!  Jill is very seriously telling these poor girls that they need to pray for a godly husband to show up on their doorstep. That there is no greater calling than marrying the first boyfriend you ever had, and to trust god in giving you however many blessings as he sees fit. That you obey without question your husband and submit to making his quick sandwiches!  That college would be an evil ? influence on them.

Don't forget to dress modestly in order not to defraud men and to act like marriage is playing house while having the mindset of a giggly thirteen girl and carry a medical bag fill of medical things while pretending to be an expert on delivering babies and motherhood. Also make sure you have sisters you can pass your babies off too while you go have a talk pretending you are an expert on marriage and parenthood while your off the wall husband sits near by because you cannot stand to spend five seconds without him glued to your side.

Edited by bigskygirl

I wish we could get an outline of the topics she covered.  :)

Well, to be honest, Jill probably said nothing of value but at least she managed to DO something.  Whether she got paid or volunteered, she did get up and try to do something with her day. 

Better than Do Nothing Derick. 

• Love 15
19 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

So it’s Jill, a bunch of seventh grade girls, and....Derick. Can’t Jill do anything by herself? 

ETA - I should have read all the post firsts. But, since it’s Jill I’m fine with a pile-on. I hope that attending this event doesn’t count towards Derick’s “degree.”

This is where boob went to high school. 

• Love 3

Derick's there for the same reasons that Ben attended that Southern Women's Conference that Jessa was paid to speak at...a)he has shit else to do, and b)his wife was invited because she's famous and people like to be around celebrities, not because of anything she has to say. Since he's part of the fame package, he naturally feels he belongs there. I'd bet money that Jill asked if Derick could be there and the organizers were all for it...two for the price of one!

• Love 6
15 hours ago, awaken said:

I also didn’t realize Jill is so pigeon toed. 

Maybe her feet are fighting real shoes?  Or this is the 1st time we can really see her feet because she isn't wearing a stretched out maxi skirt?

• Love 4
2 hours ago, louannems said:

Maybe they need to get through the 7th grade before worrying about such things.  If I had a child and someone like this was going to be speaking to the class I would take them out of school for the day.  Nah, knowing me, I would be there in a heartbeat to hear it as well so I had good examples to include in my letter to the district and all major news outlets telling them these weirdos think its appropriate to talk about godly marriage to a 12 year old.  

• Love 17

If I had a kid and they had to sit through something like that, without previous warning or any way to get them out of it, not only would the school administration hear my wrath, said kid would get a "get out of trouble" pass good for one minor indiscretion.  "I had to listen to some Duggar go on about marriage and Godliness, so I'm staying out till 1 am with my friends."  "Fair enough."

• Love 15

People who would get offended by Jill speaking at a ( most likely mandatory) bible study wouldn’t be sending their child to this school.   They send their children here so that they specifically get Christian teachings all day every day. My  guess is that there is a contract  between the parents and the school where they specifically grant overall permission for this type of stuff. 

Public schools don’t have religious presentations. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 11
22 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

The school Jill spoke at cost $5,000 - $9,000 a year. They have an upcoming school dance for 11th & 12th graders. No chance Iz & Sam will be attending that school.

I don't think there is a chance that either of those boys will attend a real school at all.

• Love 13
23 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

If he does he must roller skate!

Do we REALLY want to see Derick’s gangly limbs flailing all over the place?

For someone who supposedly ran track in high school and was a mascot for a really good university, he’s WOEFULLY uncoordinated. I don’t expect him to be able to ballroom dance or coach cheerleading, but he’s almost comical to watch, except Fundies don’t like fun.

i get the guy can’t even take a crap without Cling-a-long Jill whimpering on the other side of the door like an abandoned puppy, but you would think he’d attempt some way to stay coordinated.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

For someone who supposedly ran track in high school and was a mascot for a really good university, he’s WOEFULLY uncoordinated. I don’t expect him to be able to ballroom dance or coach cheerleading, but he’s almost comical to watch, except Fundies don’t like fun.

i get the guy can’t even take a crap without Cling-a-long Jill whimpering on the other side of the door like an abandoned puppy, but you would think he’d attempt some way to stay coordinated.

Um yeah, now I do!  Your description had me HOWLING!  I have a feeling I could watch that for hours!

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

0 0 1 a Derick.png

• Love 15
54 minutes ago, Mya said:

I don't think there is a chance that either of those boys will attend a real school at all.

I don't suppose there's any chance that since they are "teaching" (in whatever capacity) at this school that it will occur to them that children can actually go there and still end up godly? Not that it's ideal, but any school would be better than a 2nd generation of SOTDRT...

• Love 7
28 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I don't suppose there's any chance that since they are "teaching" (in whatever capacity) at this school that it will occur to them that children can actually go there and still end up godly? Not that it's ideal, but any school would be better than a 2nd generation of SOTDRT...

It might be Godly enough, but it’s too expensive for those cheapskates.  It’s expensive even if you aren’t.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

It might be Godly enough, but it’s too expensive for those cheapskates.  It’s expensive even if you aren’t.

At the rate TLC (apparently) springs for honeymoons, they could arrange something, especially if the Dills continue appearing there. Between that and whatever the school itself might be willing to grant for their cooperation, they could probably parlay it into a reasonably good education for their kids at a deeply discounted price. Of course, that assumes that the show will still be a thing five or six years from now, which is dubious at best. Still, part of me kinda hopes it is around just because as long as it is, there is more hope for the rest of the kids than if it simply gurgles back into the fundie quagmire...

• Love 6
13 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm actually in a courtship with @Celia Rubenstein. I'm open to all kinds of marriages, so if she's down with it - I'm in. She would be our headship - a wonderful one though!

I have spent a good part of my life sewing modesty panels in 897 bridesmaids dresses for your wedding! It will be a wonderful wedding!

Edited by Westiepeach
  • Love 17

That is a cute picture of Sammy, but my heart hurts to see that baby on that filthy carpet.  Maybe I'm too "dirt conscience", but I don't ever wear shoes in my house.  In fact, shoes stay in the garage, and never even come in the house.  I don't even want to think what is in that shag carpet, or what made the black stains.  Sam deserves a blanket or mat to crawl on, I think.  Or at least a clean carpet.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

2 pictures of Samuel

I looked on the school website under employment. You are required to be a member of Cross Church to teach there full time. 

What a forehead! 

Perhaps the huge Duggar head tore her in half. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

God forbid Dreck be considered Cross Church "staff" and get free or reduced tuition? It would be better for those two poor little boys.

1 minute ago, Catfin said:

God forbid Dreck be considered Cross Church "staff" and get free or reduced tuition? It would be better for those two poor little boys.

Oops, just saw Aewen's post. Nothing to see here folks. Go look at the fundy freaks behind the curtain.

• Love 6
On 1/10/2018 at 11:12 PM, Sew Sumi said:

"Dillard Level of Lunacy" would make a swell post count title if this board was so inclined to do such things. But I think you'd need a pretty high post count to achieve such levels of lunacy. Kind of like an OTVIII in Scientology when you finally get to meet Xenu. 

Beautiful! 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

Um, excuse me! I have spent a good part of my life sewing modesty panels in 897 bridesmaids dresses for your wedding. There is no “open to all kinds of marriages “ happening here!

Oh, @Westiepeach, hon, I’m so sorry to tell you, but I have gained some weight lately and my modesty panels aren’t big enough to cover my fiercely desirable collarbones. So could you alter them, please? I wouldn’t want to defraud a church full of godly study men and cause an unseemly riot during the wedding ceremony.

About Jill’s appearance at the school, I figure it was via the Cross Church connection. The school is probably always looking for appropriately Christian peeps to talk to their classes or lead Bible study. For free, of course. With Dreck being enrolled in that missionary training, or whatever it is, at the church, I assume the Dullards are involved in a lot of church related stuff. So she’s around and somebody on the school staff sees her and realizes this is a warm body with which they can fill a guest speaker slot.

• Love 14

Thing is, this will all crash sooner or later. Whatever dreck's problem is, he wont be able to keep it up forever. Mental issues will catch up with you.

im actually somewhat nervous about what goes on behind closed doors in that home. I could imagine him being abusive towards his family

• Love 8

I think Derick is all Tweet with no bite. I can't imagine him verbally or physically abusing Jill. Their parenting borders on passively abusive to me though.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 15

That filthy looking carpet looks like it's shag carpet from the 1970s. I don't think the Dillards are living in such a nice place. Jill seems to keep it dark all the time with those curtains closed. Can't be a very positive place to be. 

Why is Jill inserting herself in to Derick's Cross Church training/school/preaching? She goes on trips where clearly it's for the enrolled only. I just don't understand what's going on with them.

I think someone told Jill that if she wishes to speak to young Christian people, especially girls/women, she needs to be relatable and to change her style of clothing.

Those two are a mess IMO.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

Why is Jill inserting herself in to Derick's Cross Church training/school/preaching? She goes on trips where clearly it's for the enrolled only. I just don't understand what's going on with them.

It’s easy...Jill is a stage-five clinger, which means she cannot be alone or function without having someone in her presence at all times.  She grew up in a household with absolutely no privacy.  Every movement was watched, every action monitored and scrutinized.  She could not even go to the grocery store without a gaggle of littles tagging along. Or at least one “accountability partner”.  She was taught that her husband is her leader and that she must lean on his every word.  There is no independent thought, just that she must follow Dreck’s every demand.  And when you grow up in this atmosphere there isn’t much room to develop independence and independent thought processes.  Or self-reliance for that matter.  There’s no need to because one of your siblings would always be within arm’s reach. And so, Jill “baby ducks” Dreck because she doesn’t know any better.  She can’t function without whatever security he offers to her.  Remember the shower rack incident?  For the rest of us the sound would’ve warranted an investigation and a laugh at our reaction. For her, it was an hysterical freak out.  She was alone in the house in a gated, secure community, with people around her.  No danger there!  But she was ALONE and that in and of itself was enough to set her on edge.   And when they were first married and she practically lived at the Walmart corporate offices, she didn’t know what to do with herself so she built a routine around Dreck...who needed to focus on his work instead of Jill.  

She cannot function without someone else with her at all times. And Dreck doesn’t work anymore so...yeah.  Instant activity partner. 

Heres a thought...has Jill EVER posted a pic of her OR even mentioned doing something with Israel (and now Sammy) outside of the house (or the TTH) without another adult present?  No shopping trips, no impromptu park outings...at least Anna has the ability to pack up the kids and go to the store without an accountability partner...and Jinger is also beginning to exhibit those abilities as well, from what we can see.  

• Love 22
On 1/11/2018 at 4:30 AM, kalamac said:

So bored. If you’re going to post a picture at least use one that doesn’t show someone who is clearly not interested.

Ever given a talk on virtue to a room full of 7th graders? And 7th graders who've had food put in front of them, to boot? Very unlikely there could be any such photo. Unless it didn't show any of the kids. 

• Love 10

I just realized that Jill is speaking to 7th graders because that is where her own emotional level is. 

It must be really hard to go through life with the coping skills of a 13 year old.  And I mean that seriously. Every single thing must be so scary, challenging and overwhelming for her. I guess that is why she clings to other adults. She feels like a small boat on a big ocean. 

Very sad. The one main thing I try to teach my kids is solid coping skills. 

• Love 15
On 1/11/2018 at 0:19 PM, AUgirl said:

Shiloh Christian School-where the current coach of my college alma mater got his start. 

Him, then Duggars. No way would I want my kids going there. However it would be 10000000 times better than the SOTDRT for Israel and Samuel. 

Yeah, and Jim Bob was in their first graduating class. So I suspect, with his ongoing fame, the school tries to keep up some kind of connection with the family. They probably have little hope of getting donations from the Duggars, so they may figure that they might as well use the connection for media mentions when they can. Name recognition seldom hurts in the hunt for paying applicants, after all. 

• Love 6
On 1/11/2018 at 0:52 PM, WhineandCheez said:

Just awesome!!!  I'm so glad that you poured that onto this Thread!!!

My favorite part about the school lady's usage is that "poured" has no object, so you can only conclude that it was Jill herself who turned all liquid and then poured like a pounding rainstorm into the girls' hearts. Maybe you're in less danger of losing heart pieces if your heart is full of something like liquid Jill? 

Definitely some kind of trendy speak -- since that's virtually always nonsensical. 

On 1/11/2018 at 1:20 PM, ginger90 said:

Why is Derick even there? He said his wife was addressing a “group of young ladies”.

Same reasons Bin went to Jessa's Southern Women's Conferences speeches? And her seminar on modest dressing?  a) The guys have nothing better to do and b) no woman should "preach" at public events unless under the direct auspices of her headship?

We've only seen two Duggarling wives give speeches so far. But in both cases the husbands were on board. Bin sat on the platform right next to Jessa, even though no program materials mentioned him. Maybe we'll see something different if Jingle ever gives a speech, but I doubt it. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 12