Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

One thing is certain. Jill's mothering experience is nothing like that of Mechelle, whom she grew up observing. Jill has no sister moms to help her. She can't even hang out at the Big House all day like Jessa.

It's interesting that she stopped showing the boys' faces at the same time they made this move and when Derick started working long hours. Something might have happened that frightened them about keeping the boys safe. There are people in the public who do crazy things.

Whatever they are doing education-wise, they're not breaking any laws. I guess I don't care how they choose to educate their kids as long as it doesn't include blanket training or wisdom booklets! I just hope Jill and the boys make some friends, preferably sweet friends, lol.

• Like 13
  • Useful 2

The last face shot of either of the boys was 2 days before Josh's verdict. So over a year ago. I'm sure J&D didn't want any negative comments about Josh on any posts of the boys. They did do a family shot of the birth/gender announcements prior to moving and a family shot of Derick being sworn in, after the move.

I think most think its wise to limit pics of the boys on IG, but Jill's posts are usually all about the boys so it all feels a little incongruent. But either way she is allowing the boys more privacy than they had before.

• Like 9
1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:
But either way she is allowing the boys more privacy than they had before.

Jill is finding her way regarding what is appropriate or fair regarding her children’s privacy. She will stumble more than most because all she knows is what her parents modeled, exploit your children no matter the cost to their wellbeing.

I will give her credit for not pretending, like Jinger, that this was always the plan, even before they had children. It’s OK to live and learn, then adjust as we evolve. 

• Like 18
5 minutes ago, SMama said:

Jill is finding her way regarding what is appropriate or fair regarding her children’s privacy. She will stumble more than most because all she knows is what her parents modeled, exploit your children no matter the cost to their wellbeing.

I will give her credit for not pretending, like Jinger, that this was always the plan, even before they had children. It’s OK to live and learn, then adjust as we evolve. 

Shit, Jinger said that? Felicity's face is all over their IGs. It wasn't until shortly after Evy Jo was born that they stopped posting kids pics.

• Like 7
4 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Shit, Jinger said that? Felicity's face is all over their IGs. It wasn't until shortly after Evy Jo was born that they stopped posting kids pics.

She said in an interview that she and Jeremy discussed keeping their children out of the public eye before they had them. I had to rewind because I couldn’t believe she would blatantly lie with a straight face. It must be in the Duggar DNA.  Sad the interviewer didn’t know or chose not to call her out. 

• Like 7
  • Mind Blown 6
50 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

The last face shot of either of the boys was 2 days before Josh's verdict. So over a year ago.

October 3rd, at the OK courthouse.  All 3 kids, full-face shot, with Dorkweed looking like a joke in an ill-fitting suit and Jill looking like she just rolled out of bed.  

Like everything else, they half-ass any attempt at consistency.  

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, SnapHappy said:

October 3rd, at the OK courthouse.  All 3 kids, full-face shot, with Dorkweed looking like a joke in an ill-fitting suit and Jill looking like she just rolled out of bed.  

Like everything else, they half-ass any attempt at consistency.  

Yup, I mentioned the courthouse picture in my post.

44 minutes ago, SMama said:

She said in an interview that she and Jeremy discussed keeping their children out of the public eye before they had them. I had to rewind because I couldn’t believe she would blatantly lie with a straight face. It must be in the Duggar DNA.  Sad the interviewer didn’t know or chose not to call her out. 

Like yikers, Jinger. The internet is forever!

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, floridamom said:

If Jill sent their 2 older boys to school, she would get more done while they are gone. Her life would start earlier each day, but it would be an easier day IMO.

Yes it would. 

• Like 6
18 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Y'all know I don't love these people.  But why should anyone have a problem if Jill has a job or what that "job" is. As long as I'm not forced to buy anything  or support them or that they are "on the dole" that's on them. Would I do it? No. Would I homeschool?  No.  Still wish they would have some epiphany about their odious beliefs 

When you open up your life to millions of strangers, you invite all kinds of opinions on how you live it 🤷‍♀️/

• Like 12
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

Every time one of the reality show participants complains about attention during the show or afterward, I feel the urge to post that there is a super easy fix to their problem.  

It is different when it comes to the kids who don't ask to be on TV, but adults, yea. 

• Like 6
9 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Jill doesn't come to mind when I read this paragraph. 

Now, Jessa....that's another story.  😁

For sure, Jessa is the queen of making an ass out of herself with witty "clapbacks" that fail. But Jill and Derick aren't exempt from it. Derick does it more than Jill, but beyond the examples people have provided, I think her refusing to answer the school question is probably out of pissiness.

"Why do you keep asking me this question? Why can't you just enjoy my pics of me walking my dog?" "Well, Jill, because you kept posting about your kid being in school. That's what happens when you post tons of personal information online. People form parasocial relationships with you and ask you lots of invasive questions. They feel entitled to know all sorts of weirdly personal things about you because you've encouraged it for years." 

• Like 14
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Zella said:

That's what happens when you post tons of personal information online. People form parasocial relationships with you and ask you lots of invasive questions.

But there's no law that says Jill has to respond to any question.  She (or her siblings) can post a thousand photos or videos and she's still not obligated to answer anyone's questions.  Yes, she may lose viewers and get less clicks by not engaging, but that's up to her.  

• Like 8
32 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

But there's no law that says Jill has to respond to any question.  She (or her siblings) can post a thousand photos or videos and she's still not obligated to answer anyone's questions.  Yes, she may lose viewers and get less clicks by not engaging, but that's up to her.  

I never said she had to respond? But when you answer every other question except the ones about school, people are going to speculate and form opinions. They are just entitled to do that as Jill is to not respond. 

My point has never been about what Jill has to do. It's about the lack of boundaries she's established concerning her personal life. Once you've let people stamp all over those boundaries--and encouraged it and enabled it--you're in a losing battle to regain them and, in my opinion, it's either disingenuous or willfully ignorant to then wonder how you got in that predicament. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 9
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, Zella said:

I never said she had to respond? But when you answer every other question except the ones about school, people are going to speculate and form opinions. They are just entitled to do that as Jill is to not respond. 

Jill is typically quite responsive. She responded to one of my posts a while back. I think I had a question. That she doesn't respond to the schooling questions is quite telling, IMO. 

• Like 10
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

What I find odd is when Jill (all Duggars) have a change of heart they rarely, if ever, offer an explanation.

Jill frequently posted Izzy's home school lessons, then she frequently posted about Izzy's public school days and now she posts nothing. Why not make a post saying they decided not to post about boys' education any more? To me it seems logical the Dillards kept the boys home for this one school year, or they are permanently homeschooling at least throughout the K - 5 years.

If anyone wanted to easily stalk them they could just show up at the boys' swimming lessons, so I don't think its a safety thing.

• Like 10

It’s quite obvious on Instagram that Jill ignores all school questions. She will respond to almost everything else, even after time has passed from the original post. Some people directly ask, why don’t you answer about homeschooling?

• Like 4
  • Love 1
56 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Jill is typically quite responsive. She responded to one of my posts a while back. I think I had a question. That she doesn't respond to the schooling questions is quite telling, IMO. 

Yes it is, she is homeschooling.  

• Sad 1
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

What I find odd is when Jill (all Duggars) have a change of heart they rarely, if ever, offer an explanation.

Jill frequently posted Izzy's home school lessons, then she frequently posted about Izzy's public school days and now she posts nothing. Why not make a post saying they decided not to post about boys' education any more? To me it seems logical the Dillards kept the boys home for this one school year, or they are permanently homeschooling at least throughout the K - 5 years.

If anyone wanted to easily stalk them they could just show up at the boys' swimming lessons, so I don't think its a safety thing.

They really do hate admitting they ever changed their minds about anything, don't they? I think it's partly growing up in a religion where everything is high stakes--they don't do xyz just because they want to, but because of very specific, godly reasons, and doing it another way is a sin; and partly growing up on TV where their family's lifestyle and choices and every public opinion became the thing they're famous for, and so could never go off script in public even though they weren't doing those things anymore. They don't owe the public any explanations for their choices, but it would probably make things less stressful for them if they could learn to say they changed their minds because they wanted to. Though I guess even that is fraught when the only way you can envision earning an income is through social media. 

For Jill specifically, she's always been the one who most obviously desired outside validation. She grew up the beloved perfect child, the darling of Duggar fans and haters alike. I don't think she over got over losing that and basques in the public's positive attention whenever she can get it. She loved the reactions when she sent Israel to school..she can't be eager for the inevitable backlash if she reveals she's homeschooling not "moving on" as much as people want her to. 

• Like 12
On 2/9/2023 at 8:51 AM, SMama said:

I wonder if if was b/c the show was still on. Maybe in the contracts or something. After the show ended, wasn’t that when all of the now no/limited social media ones went all/mostly radio silent?

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Tdoc72 said:

I wonder if if was b/c the show was still on. Maybe in the contracts or something. After the show ended, wasn’t that when all of the now no/limited social media ones went all/mostly radio silent?

Jill was the first sibling to leave the show, (and the only one really, for the rest the show just ended) so she’s an interesting case but I think without a show to promote (and the income that came from that) those that weren’t really into public social media decided not to do it any more. 

I think Jinger & Jeremy reevaluated after more stuff come about regarding Josh etc, where as Josiah/Lauren, and Joe/Kendra were happy to not be obligated to promote the show any more. The other couples posts when they want. 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Lady Whistleup said:

I really wonder why the oatmeal color scheme has become such a thing on IG. It's not just an influencer thing either. I have a friend rocking the oatmeal color scheme with her 300 followers.

I hate hate hate it. I like to have color around me and have lots of colorful original art plus colors other than beige on the walls. But I guess I know my own taste, rather than following whatever is "in."

Isn't it good for kids to have visual stimulation and wouldn't colors other than beige contribute to that?

• Like 16
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

I really wonder why the oatmeal color scheme has become such a thing on IG. It's not just an influencer thing either. I have a friend rocking the oatmeal color scheme with her 300 followers.

because....Joanna Gaines...although she is branching into some color...as for me...my last house was beige ..but we knew we were going to sell...this old farmhouse we are in now...its going to be shades of blue --cause my fav color is denim...and its whatever I like...lol...

• Like 8

I'm wondering if the combination of the move, hubby finishing school/working, and post partum depression are at work here.

All those things happening around the same time would logically cause anyone to retreat.

I did see that she has the boys in swimming..so they're at least being around other kids their ages.

Maybe they'll enroll the boys in school next year...it would help Jill to focus 1 on 1 with her newest little one.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Turquoise said:

Well, I will say that I'm glad that if they happen to be having hot make out sessions they aren't trying to selfie and post them. This was already a picture too much.

I would never take a picture like this (why? just why?), but if in some strange alternate universe I attempted it, I would dump my steak on the floor. That would be a crime.

NO No save the steak!  I can guarantee that when Mr lookeyloo and I kiss for a picture it is not the same kiss as in private.  Anyone else?

• Like 6
  • Wink 2
  • LOL 1
10 hours ago, Turquoise said:

Well, I will say that I'm glad that if they happen to be having hot make out sessions they aren't trying to selfie and post them. This was already a picture too much.

I would never take a picture like this (why? just why?), but if in some strange alternate universe I attempted it, I would dump my steak on the floor. That would be a crime.

I’m a vegetarian but I was concerned about the steak!

See where my priorities are. 🤭

• LOL 14

I think the steak is just drowned in steak sauce.  If you have a good piece of meat, you shouldn't even need steak sauce.  He also may have been attempting Pittsburgh style which is charred on the outside and medium rare on the inside, though I doubt it  That takes some skill, but done right it is steak nirvana.  I agree the veggies look pitiful.  At least this time they had a side.  One time they just had meat and nothing else.

• Like 6
8 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

I thought the steak looked more appetizing than the vegetables. Not enough vegetables in general, but of the ones there, too much cauliflower (lots of white on the plate) and not enough colorful vegetables.

Yeah they really needed a different color plate for that photo op. 

• Like 4

I read an interesting article about a mom and her young school age daughter who live in the Fayetteville area.

The mom didn't want her asthmatic daughter wearing masks in school (I know, I know), back when they were mandated. After going to two or three MDs she found one to write her daughter an exemption note. Then she was upset the school asked for an asthma attack action plan for her daughter (again, I know, I know). She submitted that too. She goes on and on about how poorly the daughter was treated by teachers and friends and how both of them lost friends.

The next school year comes and the mom starts complaining about the curriculum and starts sounding a little like Derick's past SM posts.

Long story short, she pulled her kid from school (maybe midyear, last year) and put her in a local Christian school. I think she's a fourth grader now.

Anywho, maybe this is similar to what's happening in the Dillard household.

• Like 8
  • Useful 1

I am not sure how that seems like Derick and Jill. They and the kids wore masks and Jill and Derick got at least the initial vaccines. I don't recall any fuss about the curriculum either. So I cannot see stuff like that being an issue. Derick and his brother went to public schools and went to college. I think education is important to the Derick's family so I would think that the boys will be in a good Christian school or public even if they are homeschooling this year, which people are assuming. 

• Like 9
1 minute ago, auntieminem said:

I am not sure how that seems like Derick and Jill. They and the kids wore masks and Jill and Derick got at least the initial vaccines. I don't recall any fuss about the curriculum either. So I cannot see stuff like that being an issue. Derick and his brother went to public schools and went to college. I think education is important to the Derick's family so I would think that the boys will be in a good Christian school or public even if they are homeschooling this year, which people are assuming. 

For sure, it may not be. But wearing masks when they're mandated doesn't mean they agreed with it. Derick has gotten beaten up pretty bad on SM for sharing his conservative views so I'm guessing he wouldn't start slamming schools at the same time his was looking for a job, because the media picked up most of his old rants.

Anyway, I liken it more to Derick slamming the Boy Scout organization and his brother actually quitting his BSA job when the BSA became more inclusive.

All pure speculation on my part.

• Like 2