Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

(edited)
On 4/6/2023 at 12:51 AM, GeeGolly said:

Since Derick hasn't posted lately this is still the last/top pic. I hope his clients don't check him out online. 😬 🤣

image.png.862ce83af58f62fff5b1d857ef292a7a.png

He's an ADA of low seniority, and his cases would be assigned to him.  I don't think he currently has to worry about impressing his "clients."

ETA:  However, if he ever wants to join one of those hard rightwing law firms, he might want to remove that photo. 😄

Edited by sagittarius sue
  • Like 7

Maybe its just in my area, but the SM learning curve has been mastered by most over 30. They leave the silly and/or stupid stuff off the internet and send it to each other privately.

Derick is now a 34 year old with a big boy job. I've spent years hiring folks and if I was down to two equal candidates and saw that picture my decision would be easy.

However as @ginger90 posted, while I was typing, Derick would never make it in my door due to all the previous hate he's posted. But then again, some good ole boys might agree with him.

• Like 11

I spend a lot of time on online crime forums, and I've personally never seen one of the prosecutors on any of the cases I've followed post a picture like that on a public setting. 

• Like 10

As a prosecutor, the only client Derick has is the state. The defendants have lawyers. Defendants are their clients. Derick's cases are assigned to him according to case number with the appropriate judge who is assigned those "numbers".

• Like 3

I have a co-worker who has been out for several months on medical leave. They posted on SM about going on vacation despite their injury. The post was removed a couple of days later but someone got a screenshot of it and it lives on. Never post what you don't want management to see. 

• Like 17
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I have a co-worker who has been out for several months on medical leave. They posted on SM about going on vacation despite their injury. The post was removed a couple of days later but someone got a screenshot of it and it lives on. Never post what you don't want management to see. 

Yes there’s no expectation of privacy online. 

• Like 7

Jill, Jessa, and Joy have not been very active on SM. No Easter egg hunt pictures, no beige slop on a plate to brag about. Did JB&M host egg hunts at the TTH? I thought with that many grandchildren and space it would be a yearly event.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, SMama said:

Jill, Jessa, and Joy have not been very active on SM. No Easter egg hunt pictures, no beige slop on a plate to brag about. Did JB&M host egg hunts at the TTH? I thought with that many grandchildren and space it would be a yearly event.

Really? I feel like Joy has been desperate for clicks and attention lately. I wonder how much $$$ her headship is really bringing in. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
36 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Really? I feel like Joy has been desperate for clicks and attention lately. I wonder how much $$$ her headship is really bringing in. 

Joy has been putting out a weekly vlog for a while now. Completely monetized.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

Jill and Famy were at their favorite thrift shop again. There was a quick, headless shot of a tall skinny kid, most likely Izzy, in the Instagram story. So it appears he was not in school. Also, Famy had another full cart. Where does she put all the stuff she buys?

• Like 4
52 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Jill and Famy were at their favorite thrift shop again. There was a quick, headless shot of a tall skinny kid, most likely Izzy, in the Instagram story. So it appears he was not in school. Also, Famy had another full cart. Where does she put all the stuff she buys?

If that was this week the schools are closed for Easter break.

Amy may be an ebay (or other platform) reseller.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
25 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

If that was this week the schools are closed for Easter break.

Amy may be an ebay (or other platform) reseller.

According to the Siloam Springs Public Schools FB, schools were in session on Monday, so I think spring break may have been last week. It's about 50/50 taking break before or after Easter. 

I vote Famy is a hoarder.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
On 4/14/2023 at 11:30 PM, Salacious Kitty said:

According to the Siloam Springs Public Schools FB, schools were in session on Monday, so I think spring break may have been last week. It's about 50/50 taking break before or after Easter. 

I vote Famy is a hoarder.

The way she was so excited over the 50 cent items sounds so much like the resellers who post on YouTube. But it also occurred to me -- does she still have the store? She may grab all the new with tag items she finds and put them on a clearance rack. Buy for 50 cents, sell for $5 or 10.

• Useful 7

I don't know about where they are, but for us, spring break was like 4 weeks ago in March. A lot of the local districts where I am were out then too.

Edit: I just checked and Siloam Springs schools were indeed out the same week ours was (March 20-24). Here schools don't have an Easter break, in my experience--it's a spring break in mid to late March. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 4
  • Useful 4

If she is homeschooling, I am disappointed in both her and Derick.  Izzy was thriving in school and Sam would have done the same.  Now they are writing on the windows, tagging along with Mom on endless thrift store trips, and playing checkers at Cracker Barrel.  Not very stimulating.  And if Derick decides they should go back to public school, they will be behind.  

• Like 9
  • Sad 15
  • Applause 3

My guesses are they are homeschooling because Jill put her transition (moving/Freddy) needs before her kids' needs or Derick doesn't want his boys in a school where they might be exposed to book called I Am Jazz, no matter how remote the chance.

If they go back next year, I'll stick with guess number 1. If they don't go back I'm sticking with guess number 2.

If either of my guesses turn out to be accurate, neither reflect highly on the Dillards.

• Like 14
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 1

In the Midwest, even non-fundies are turning to homeschooling in droves. Between COVID and all the “public schools are child groomers” propaganda, local public schools are now villains. We’re going to have a whole crop of poorly educated children. It’s sad. 

My mom has been asked more than once where my kids go to school by people in her church if I’m investigating what is really being taught since we

public school. I’m not even religious and I’m in my 40’s yet people in a church I haven’t been to since I was 18 seem to think they have a right to question my decision to have my kids in public school. And this wasn’t a church that when I was growing up pushed homeschooling. Given how Jill was raised, I can see how she would go back to what she knows if people around her were also pulling their kids. Dereck should absolutely know better but his mom seems like the type that would definitely believe all the propaganda. It’s sad. The best I can hope for is it’s just for this year. The kids are bright and with work they’ll catch up if they go back. 

• Like 12
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 8
  • Useful 2

Sadly I think the longer the kids are homeschooled the chances of them going back to public school will decline. I guess Dreck is giving up his dream of third generation Pistol Pete cos there is no way Jill can teach much more than Bible verses and cursive writing. Very sad. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 18

I think Derick is much more hateful than Jill. Derick misgendered Jazz and called her parent child abusers. He called Nate Berkus and his husband child abusers because they have children. Derick's brother quit his job at the BSA when they became more inclusive and Derick did (or shared) a lengthy post sharing his disappointment of the BSA. Derick thought it was humorous to post a pic of "building a wall" with a young Izzy.

While Jill said she shares the beliefs, I don't think she gives it much thought and won't purposely post hateful things. However that doesn't mean she doesn't take opportunities to interfere with their rights.

While I think they should know better, they think they do know better.

• Like 13
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 7
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Trillium said:

In the Midwest, even non-fundies are turning to homeschooling in droves. Between COVID and all the “public schools are child groomers” propaganda, local public schools are now villains. We’re going to have a whole crop of poorly educated children. It’s sad. 

My mom has been asked more than once where my kids go to school by people in her church if I’m investigating what is really being taught since we

public school. I’m not even religious and I’m in my 40’s yet people in a church I haven’t been to since I was 18 seem to think they have a right to question my decision to have my kids in public school. And this wasn’t a church that when I was growing up pushed homeschooling. Given how Jill was raised, I can see how she would go back to what she knows if people around her were also pulling their kids. Dereck should absolutely know better but his mom seems like the type that would definitely believe all the propaganda. It’s sad. The best I can hope for is it’s just for this year. The kids are bright and with work they’ll catch up if they go back. 

Luckily, enough parents need to work around here that it wouldn’t be feasible to homeschool. They need both incomes to keep roofs over their kids’ heads. And they want to take vacations!

• Like 6
6 hours ago, Trillium said:

That is going to bode well for the country 🙄.  A bunch of barely literate people.  Sounds like a perfect set up for the fortunate, powerful people.  They like their population poor and uneducated.  Less questions.

• Like 14
  • Sad 4
9 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

That is going to bode well for the country 🙄.  A bunch of barely literate people.  Sounds like a perfect set up for the fortunate, powerful people.  They like their population poor and uneducated.  Less questions.

There will be the consequence of more competition for low wage jobs. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 7

Speaking of low wage, Famy posted a pic earlier today that I assume was from yesterday of Jill and the boys visiting her house. The pic was of the 3 boys, all backs to the camera. The toys were the giveaway that it wasn't Jill's place, and again it was daytime. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Sad 4
  • Useful 2

On 4/19/2023 at 10:38 AM, GeeGolly said:

I think Derick is much more hateful than Jill. Derick misgendered Jazz and called her parent child abusers. He called Nate Berkus and his husband child abusers because they have children. Derick's brother quit his job at the BSA when they became more inclusive and Derick did (or shared) a lengthy post sharing his disappointment of the BSA. Derick thought it was humorous to post a pic of "building a wall" with a young Izzy.

While Jill said she shares the beliefs, I don't think she gives it much thought and won't purposely post hateful things. However that doesn't mean she doesn't take opportunities to interfere with their rights.

While I think they should know better, they think they do know better.

Jill won't post hateful things because she's even more sensitive than Jessa when it comes to public criticism. She fell apart when she was no longer the darling of both Duggar haters and fans.

I think Jill and Derick's relationship most closely mirrors Michelle and JB. JB and Derick are both hateful bigots who love their wives and genuinely want to make them happy within the scope of their beliefs. Michelle and Jill are both high strung yet friendly extroverts who do not deal with stress well and therefore get coddled by their husbands and (eventually for Jill) older children, because a stress-free Michelle/Jill is a happy, kind Michelle/Jill.

Israel going to public school was probably the result of Jill being stressed over homeschooling and being encouraged by less extreme Christians she was interacting with...a bit of an experiment while Israel was still young enough to be "deprogrammed" from whatever evils the school might teach him. Going back to homeschooling likely came about because of the stress of moving+new baby and the school teaching that dinosaurs lived millions of years ago, probably. I can see Derick feeling secure in his ability to teach bigotry to his public schooled kids (he and his brother went to public school, after all), but Jill's feelings tipped the scales in favor of homeschooling.

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

Did Jill and Dreck also change churches when they moved? Jill doesn’t seem to do well with change so between new baby, new neighborhood and two kids to get ready in the morning, homeschooling was back. If Dreck was still there in the morning to help get the boys ready Jill might have been ok with public school. She doesn’t seem to be a morning person so for now, she’s homeschooling.

• Like 2

Yes, they now attend a church locally. Can't remember the name, but I looked it up. It didn't identify as either Southern Baptist or IFB, but it seems more conservative than Cross Church. The pastor's wife homeschools. There is Sunday School for the kids, but I wasn't that impressed with the place. 

Found it. First Baptist of Siloam Springs. It's an easy Google. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 2
  • Useful 5

Poor Jill not being able to get up in the morning. I am so tired of hearing the excuses for pulling the boys from school. How many of her neighbors get their kids to school ? How many of her neighbors do it then have a JOB to go to. So selfish.  Time to grow up Jill!   I really hopes she does. She should make some friends and have as much of a normal life as possible. But then maybe she thinks she does have the normal life. I hate to see her potential and her kids potential minimized. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 10
1 hour ago, jacourt said:

Poor Jill not being able to get up in the morning. I am so tired of hearing the excuses for pulling the boys from school. How many of her neighbors get their kids to school ? How many of her neighbors do it then have a JOB to go to. So selfish.  Time to grow up Jill!   I really hopes she does. She should make some friends and have as much of a normal life as possible. But then maybe she thinks she does have the normal life. I hate to see her potential and her kids potential minimized. 

Jill was never taught to get up early in the morning. The Duggars are night owls, with no set schedule. Jill had no choice, but to get up with Izzy. It's what  you do, when you have kids in school. If Jill is homeschooling, just to be able to be on whatever schedule she wants, she's stupid. 

• Like 11
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

Jill was never taught to get up early in the morning. The Duggars are night owls, with no set schedule. Jill had no choice, but to get up with Izzy. It's what  you do, when you have kids in school. If Jill is homeschooling, just to be able to be on whatever schedule she wants, she's stupid. 

Yeah one of the only episodes I watched was the marriage retreat one. It was after Jill and Derick were no longer on the show, but multiple spouses acted positively shell-shocked when they talked about trying to adapt to the lack of a schedule. I suspect it is a pervasive, engrained issue for pretty much all the Duggar kids. You'd think that between Derick going to law school and Izzy going to school for 2 a years that they would have figured out the logistics of getting up in the morning by now. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 18
7 minutes ago, Zella said:

Yeah one of the only episodes I watched was the marriage retreat one. It was after Jill and Derick were no longer on the show, but multiple spouses acted positively shell-shocked when they talked about trying to adapt to the lack of a schedule. I suspect it is a pervasive, engrained issue for pretty much all the Duggar kids. You'd think that between Derick going to law school and Izzy going to school for a year that they would have figured out the logistics of getting up in the morning by now. 

Izzy was in school for TWO years! I just think Jill didn't want to deal with two schools. Which begs the question: didn't they research school districts before buying there? It just doesn't seem well thought out.

• Like 13
55 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Izzy was in school for TWO years! I just think Jill didn't want to deal with two schools. Which begs the question: didn't they research school districts before buying there? It just doesn't seem well thought out.

Well, Duggars do things a little different [sic], dontcha know.

• LOL 8

The thing with Fundies is they don't prioritize children's needs. 

Most parents would make schools a priority when moving and the kids would be enrolled ASAP. The Dillards likely chose their home and location based on Derick's needs and then possibly Jill's.

Parents everywhere get their kids to school everyday. Single parents, married, one school, two schools, infants in tow, no car, with a car, etc. They do it because they want the best for their children and that includes an education.

Fundy kids live in like a suspended animation. They're born, then managed/tolerated and then set free to adult without any adulting skills. Its like real life begins at marriage. 

What's crazy is this generation should have some idea they need to do things a little differently so their kids don't face the same issues.

• Like 8
  • Applause 11
  • Love 1

Kids go to two different schools all the time.  If you have very young children one or more may be in pre-school when older children are in elementary and then you get the older ones moving on to middle school while the siblings are in elementary and maybe some still in pre-school.  Having the grades split more finely really isn't that big of a deal especially in fairly small town Arkansas.  They can't be *that* far apart and as said above since a lot of people are dealing with the same thing schedules have to be coordinated.  Along with Jill being baffled by mornings she may have whined that school pick up would conflict with baby's nap time.  Again a problem faced all the time by other people and managed.  

Edited by Absolom
  • Like 19
8 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

The thing with Fundies is they don't prioritize children's needs. 

Most parents would make schools a priority when moving and the kids would be enrolled ASAP. The Dillards likely chose their home and location based on Derick's needs and then possibly Jill's.

Parents everywhere get their kids to school everyday. Single parents, married, one school, two schools, infants in tow, no car, with a car, etc. They do it because they want the best for their children and that includes an education.

Fundy kids live in like a suspended animation. They're born, then managed/tolerated and then set free to adult without any adulting skills. Its like real life begins at marriage. 

What's crazy is this generation should have some idea they need to do things a little differently so their kids don't face the same issues.

It seemed like Derick was steering the ship in the direction of public school, then they moved and the boys are at home. Is Jill incapable? If so, it's sad that they realized it 3 kids deep. If Jill can't handle simple parenting tasks that require a little scheduling, maybe she shouldn't have had multiple kids. 

• Like 20
  • Applause 3
5 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

It seemed like Derick was steering the ship in the direction of public school, then they moved and the boys are at home. Is Jill incapable? If so, it's sad that they realized it 3 kids deep. If Jill can't handle simple parenting tasks that require a little scheduling, maybe she shouldn't have had multiple kids. 

Or it could be that Derick thinks public schools are training kids to be LGBTQ+ soldiers instead of God's soldiers. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 5

It does seem likely that Jill is now home schooling. I think a more accurate description would be unschooling, because I doubt that much home schooling is taking place. It's unfortunate for the kids, but there's nothing we can do about it. I do hope that Derick wakes up to their lack of learning and puts his foot down next year. We'll just have to wait and see. 

• Sad 7
  • Useful 1