Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

I agree that even a Christian school would be better than her attempting to teach on her own.  Izzy seemed to thrive in school and Jill never expressed any issues with him being there, so I don't know why she would pull him out and not enroll Sam at all now.  If it were me, I would do just what she is doing and not answer either way because I don't want some weirdo stalking my kids at school.  Some of their fans go overboard and it's scary.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
2 minutes ago, Meow Mix said:

I agree that even a Christian school would be better than her attempting to teach on her own.  Izzy seemed to thrive in school and Jill never expressed any issues with him being there, so I don't know why she would pull him out and not enroll Sam at all now.  If it were me, I would do just what she is doing and not answer either way because I don't want some weirdo stalking my kids at school.  Some of their fans go overboard and it's scary.

I agree some of their fans are over zealous to the point of being crazy-ish. So crazy that it wouldn't take but a day or two to figure out which school they were going to by watching drop-off lines at nearby schools.

• Like 4
21 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I agree some of their fans are over zealous to the point of being crazy-ish. So crazy that it wouldn't take but a day or two to figure out which school they were going to by watching drop-off lines at nearby schools.

Why do people stalk kids and think it's okay? People suck.

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
36 minutes ago, jacourt said:

Why wasnt it a problem last year?

I think Derick was around more last year and she only had one child to get to school. This fall, Derick probably left for work too early to help get both Izzy and Sam ready and she had an infant to care for. And where they lived last year she seemed to have friends in the neighborhood who sent their kids to school. Too many changes this year. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

Plenty of stay- at- home mothers have moved, had another baby yet manage to get their children to school every morning. Like I posted earlier, Jill needs to be the first one up during the week to get things ready before waking up the kids for school. I made my boys' lunches, set the table for breakfast, had the coffee ready and knew what I was going to cook them for breakfast. I also showered before bed at night; saves time. My husband got himself up and ready for work without my help. Jill needs to be organized and just get things done. She could put them on the school bus and begin her housewife day bright and early. Many of us have done that and still do it to this day. I wish she would respond about the boys' school status.

• Like 22
25 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Plenty of stay- at- home mothers have moved, had another baby yet manage to get their children to school every morning. Like I posted earlier, Jill needs to be the first one up during the week to get things ready before waking up the kids for school. I made my boys' lunches, set the table for breakfast, had the coffee ready and knew what I was going to cook them for breakfast. I also showered before bed at night; saves time. My husband got himself up and ready for work without my help. Jill needs to be organized and just get things done. She could put them on the school bus and begin her housewife day bright and early. Many of us have done that and still do it to this day. I wish she would respond about the boys' school status.

I think Jill has just gone by Duggar time too long and having more kids makes it worse.

• Like 13
  • Sad 2
20 minutes ago, Snow Fairy said:

Then it occurred to me that maybe Amy's husband is watching them?

You are likely correct because Amy had a story of Dax, Sam, and Izzy playing together. Or even Deanna could have watched them. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 2
54 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

She watches Call the Midwife? 😯

I’m surprised there’s a few single mothers giving birth on that show, teenagers, people dating and kissing and they’re not even married! So scandalous 🤣

• LOL 11
33 minutes ago, FizzyPuff said:

I’m surprised there’s a few single mothers giving birth on that show, teenagers, people dating and kissing and they’re not even married! So scandalous 🤣

They are also a few episodes about abortion. 
Those nuns are pretty openminded and non-judgemental. But Jill probably thinks they’re not the right kind of christians.

• Like 15
21 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

They are also a few episodes about abortion. 
Those nuns are pretty openminded and non-judgemental. But Jill probably thinks they’re not the right kind of christians.

The nuns are very supportive of using birth control and recommend it.  I think the series is very close to the time of Pope Paul's encyclical against birth control, and I'm looking forward to how they handle it.

To Jill they're definitely not the right kind of Christian; they're heathen Catholics!

• Like 7
1 hour ago, FizzyPuff said:

And two of the characters were *gasp* gay.

4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

The rest of what Jill said under the first picture posted above:

FEFE7900-4628-4973-A2A0-2346BFB4E3CD.jpeg

5C958366-8E41-42DF-A58B-D356D6A37BFA.jpeg

Thank you. I totally forgot about posting that. 🤦‍♀️

• Like 3
24 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

The nuns are very supportive of using birth control and recommend it.  I think the series is very close to the time of Pope Paul's encyclical against birth control, and I'm looking forward to how they handle it.

To Jill they're definitely not the right kind of Christian; they're heathen Catholics!

Not Catholic. Anglican. 

• Like 13
  • Useful 2
8 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I wonder if it's made her see what terrible midwife training she got.

I hope she notices how closely and well the midwives work with a physician and how quick they are to ask his advice and turn complicated cases over to him rather than trying to avoid physician consultations. Also, how they're always learning and updating their practices as medicine advances and times change.

• Like 18

With this post of Jill's and Jessa's recent YT video, I find myself asking why.

Why did Jill take this picture and post it? Why did she explain the meaning of the picture she's hanging, mention her certificate and Call the Midwife?

Why did Jessa post about her recent miscarriage?

Unlike Joy neither one are sharing their lives with any consistency. Jill and Jessa seem to mostly post random kid pics and occasional shilling.

Was Jill hoping magazine or tabloid would run an article stating she's a "real" midwife and she watches "real" TV? Or was she trying to whip her followers into a commenting frenzy about how 'mainstream' she is? I think that ship has sailed.

And Jessa's YT. I don't think it was to garner sympathy, well maybe as a secondary gain it was. Was it a God bothering video? Was it a, I don't believe everything Gothard said, video?

• Like 6

As to Jill's certificate, it is something to be proud of, as with any vocational or educational accomplishment, but like many she is over selling herself.

A Master's in social work or psychology does not make one a therapist, it takes a minimum of two years in the field and passing a licensure test to become a therapist. 

Not that it matters for Jill, as I think most folks she helped weren't concerned with the credentials of their "midwives". Kind of crazy.

• Like 10
  • Useful 1

I am sure Jill has heard of CtM.

I cannot imagine she is a regular watcher of a show that features storylines involving abortion, closeted gay men, premarital sex, being intersex, bigamy, and incest, along with whatever other topics I have forgotten about.

I hope she is a regular watcher; it could be good for her.

• Like 11
25 minutes ago, jschoolgirl said:

I am sure Jill has heard of CtM.

I cannot imagine she is a regular watcher of a show that features storylines involving abortion, closeted gay men, premarital sex, being intersex, bigamy, and incest, along with whatever other topics I have forgotten about.

I hope she is a regular watcher; it could be good for her.

That was my thought as well... She knows of the show's existence, and thought mentioning it would be a good way to "engage" with her followers.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Since the Dugger women have been in the news and I might have missed the latest and greatest on Jill .... It's been my secret wish that after Derick got his law degree (from an accredited school), passed the bar and started practicing that he could carve out a few dollars and let Jill continue (or start) with her education.

I don't care in what (she used to like being a midwife)- just want her to have the chance to be formally educated.

Has this happened, by chance ?🙏

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
(edited)
18 minutes ago, sATL said:

Since the Dugger women have been in the news and I might have missed the latest and greatest on Jill .... It's been my secret wish that after Derick got his law degree (from an accredited school), passed the bar and started practicing that he could carve out a few dollars and let Jill continue (or start) with her education.

I don't care in what (she used to like being a midwife)- just want her to have the chance to be formally educated.

Has this happened, by chance ?🙏

It hasn't, and I sort of doubt it ever will. I suspect the Duggar kids are pretty ill-prepared for even college-level gen ed classes and would flounder mightily. 

There is a lot of speculation they've pulled Izzy out of school and Jill is homeschooling both of the school-aged kids now, and whether or not that's true (I think it is), Jill seems to really struggle with just normal domestic routine. I don't think she can handle juggling assignments with her daily life, even if she was able to do the coursework, on top of whatever else she's doing. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 17
1 minute ago, Zella said:

It hasn't, and I sort of doubt it ever will. I suspect the Duggar kids are pretty ill-prepared for even college-level gen ed classes and would flounder mightily. 

There is a lot of speculation they've pulled Izzy out of school and is homeschooling both of the school-aged kids now, and whether or not that's true (I think it is), Jill seems to really struggle with just normal domestic routine. I don't think she can handle juggling assignments with her daily life, even if she was able to do the coursework, on top of whatever else she's doing. 

I thought they got the standard GED... which should at least carry some weight/knowledge.. even if its a 2-yr college...

Surprised Derrick agreed to homeschooling...

• Like 1
(edited)
10 minutes ago, sATL said:

I thought they got the standard GED... which should at least carry some weight/knowledge.. even if its a 2-yr college...

In my experience of having been homeschooled through high school and then going on to get a graduate degree and teach college-level comp, some homeschool students really struggle with the structure of college. Being able to pass the GED is not the same as being able to pass a college class. People who were "homeschooled" with the loosey-goosey structure the Duggars had often struggle with the daily routine of being in school, even if they're actually competent enough to do the work. The ins and outs of homework, maintaining a schedule not on your time, taking notes, doing assignments not graded by your mom, having to study things you don't want to study or disagree with can really be hard on them.

I went to public school for several years before being homeschooled, so it wasn't as hard for me to go to college, but there was still a learning curve. I had a lot of friends who were homeschooled for their entire education before college who were leagues smarter than the Duggars, sailed through getting a GED/entrance exams for college, and had a hell of a hard time in college because the environment was so foreign to them. 

The way Jill seems to struggle with basic everyday life routine tells me she'd have a hard time in school too, regardless of if she could do the work (and again I have my doubts on that.)

Edited by Zella
  • Like 17
  • Useful 7
8 minutes ago, sATL said:

I think only a couple of them have GEDs, and I don't think Jill was one of them.  The majority are "graduates" of the Duggar Home Academy aka SOTDRT, and they haven't celebrated any graduates for a few years now..

• Like 4
  • Sad 4
(edited)

I'm seeing stuff online that credits Jill with getting her GED in 2007 at 16. I think the first several kids or so did get GEDs and then they stopped even the pretense of trying. 

The fact the state of AR started charging for the GED (and I believe increased the difficulty eventually) may have coincided with their decision to stop taking it, IMO. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 12
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 1
(edited)
33 minutes ago, sATL said:

The pastor's wife at their new church in Siloam Springs homeschools, so I think Derick might have loosened his stance a bit. 

Yes, they mentioned the church, and I felt nosey and poked around on their website. It's a small Baptist place.  It doesn't appear to be IFB, or at least if it is, they're hiding it well. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 9
12 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

I thought they were Southern Baptist, not IFB.  But maybe I have confused the with other people.

Their new church is First Baptist of Siloam Springs, or something like that. It's a real church building, so there's every chance that it's Southern Baptist.

• Like 2

Derick has always been Southern Baptist.  There is that little bit to be thankful over.  Homeschooling is acceptable to many member of the SBC, but it isn't the thing to do like with many in IFB churches.  

• Like 4
  • Useful 4
(edited)

The Dillards once shared about Izzy asking, if Derick wasn't home in the mornings, who would feed him breakfast - because Jill slept late.

So in addition to Jill finding it hard to alter her schedule to raise her boys on a typical schedule, I also believe neither Jill or Derick would tolerate their kids going to school with any kids who might identify as gender diverse or let their boys be exposed to any books like I Am Jazz. 

Also Jill has never shared any interest in going to school or getting a degree. In fact she only took the last steps to obtain her midwife certificate because the Dillards hoped it would make them more employable as missionaries through a church.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 8
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 1

Interesting development, but I know the last place my kids would want to go after 6 hours of school is the library - and libraries and book stores were two of their favorite places to be. After 6 hours of school at that age they wanted to play and get their wiggles out, or watch TV and veg out.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, Zella said:

In my experience of having been homeschooled through high school and then going on to get a graduate degree and teach college-level comp, some homeschool students really struggle with the structure of college. Being able to pass the GED is not the same as being able to pass a college class. People who were "homeschooled" with the loosey-goosey structure the Duggars had often struggle with the daily routine of being in school, even if they're actually competent enough to do the work. The ins and outs of homework, maintaining a schedule not on your time, taking notes, doing assignments not graded by your mom, having to study things you don't want to study or disagree with can really be hard on them.

I went to public school for several years before being homeschooled, so it wasn't as hard for me to go to college, but there was still a learning curve. I had a lot of friends who were homeschooled for their entire education before college who were leagues smarter than the Duggars, sailed through getting a GED/entrance exams for college, and had a hell of a hard time in college because the environment was so foreign to them. 

The way Jill seems to struggle with basic everyday life routine tells me she'd have a hard time in school too, regardless of if she could do the work (and again I have my doubts on that.)

I guess the Pioneer's woman's kiddies lucked out with home school to college degree.. 2 college grads and 2 currently in college. Big colleges, out of state, at that.

7 minutes ago, sATL said:

I guess the Pioneer's woman's kiddies lucked out with home school to college degree.. 2 college grads and 2 currently in college. Big colleges, out of state, at that.

Ree is not Duggar lazy, from the very little I’ve read and seen she takes her kids’ education seriously. Her oldest two played organized sports with regular kids. Apples and oranges. It’s like comparing Tim Tebow’s homeschooling with Duggars. There are many people who get it right, Duggars are not and will not be among them. 

• Like 13
  • Love 1
(edited)
17 minutes ago, sATL said:

I doubt they lucked out so much as she actually homeschooled them and properly prepared them. I'm not saying all homeschooling is bad or that all homeschooled students are doomed to fail. As I said, I was homeschooled, and I ultimately earned a master's degree and maintained a 4.0 GPA the whole way through my academic career. If anybody knows that homeschoolers can succeed in higher ed, it's me. What I am saying is some homeschool parents do a terrible job of setting their kids up for success, and the Duggars most certainly fall in that category. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 23
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Interesting development, but I know the last place my kids would want to go after 6 hours of school is the library - and libraries and book stores were two of their favorite places to be. After 6 hours of school at that age they wanted to play and get their wiggles out, or watch TV and veg out.

It implies they went to outside the house for school but maybe they pulled a Spurge move and asked if they could be done with cursive on windows school etc. Jill said yes and they went to 11am story time at the library. technically "after school"

• Like 1
  • Sad 4
  • Useful 1

The library where I work does afterschool programming that's attended by both public school students and homeschooled kids. I don't think Jill's post really proves anything one way or the other except that for whatever reason she's very devoted to obfuscating what their schooling situation is. 

• Like 17
26 minutes ago, Zella said:

I doubt they lucked out so much as she actually homeschooled them and properly prepared them.

I saw an episode which mentioned that the Drummond kids were part of a homeschool collective where courses were covered in greater detail.  I also think the two boys went to Pawhuska schools as they were on the football teams.

• Useful 4
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Also Jill has never shared any interest in going to school or getting a degree. In fact she only took the last steps to obtain her midwife certificate because the Dillards hoped it would make them more employable as missionaries through a church.

But don’t forget, derick says she has more college credits than most of us!  😁

• LOL 17