Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Mollie said:

Derick looks really goofy, hanging out with college students in his dress shirt and bow tie.  

0 0 1 a Derick C32.png

Why is he dressed differently than everyone else? Is he the group leader? And that pretty girl, bottom left is doing some serious defrauding. Not only can you see her knees, but  all the way up her thigh to her butt. Jill must be beside herself. Oh, and the guy in the black shorts is trying to make the same hand signal, but hasn't quite mastered it. They look like an enthusiastic bunch, I predict that one of their lessons will be perfecting the signal, and future pictures will have them all doing it correctly.

• Love 12
On 9/3/2017 at 10:46 AM, humbleopinion said:

Der looks so happy and stress free, bet he isn't gagging, barfing, or horking....

Is that a chaise lounge chair or tall air mattress in his tent suite?

The picture looks like peace and quiet to me ...no crying baby in the night ....no one wanting their daddy....manspreading  a little to close to that fresh faced blonde...don't you think?

Der should have scratched out the blonde sitting next to him when he covered up his car plates...or did he purposefully sit next to a blonde in short shorts and only one t shirt layer to drive Jilly deeper into her post partum depression?

Once I saw the above bold written I had to look again.  There he is sitting like a giant asshole manspreading all over everyone's space.  Don't go changing asshole.  I just want to throat punch him.  Maybe its my surly mood for having to come back to work after a 3 day weekend but maybe its the picture of a grown man, who is a new father of *2* fucking blessings, at what amounts to sleep away camp like a 10 year old boy.  

• Love 18
On 9/3/2017 at 3:05 PM, Lunera said:

This isn't the pool house. Maybe Boob downgraded them to a crappy rental 

Looks like they all got that same pan (the copper one) that is advertised on tv late at night.  SOOOO, who is watching the devil box at night???  I kinda want to picture Michelle as a QVC, Home Shopping Network addict.  A closet full of Shamwow's!  And that new strapless bra that just sticks on your boobs.  

• Love 12
53 minutes ago, bythelake said:

Why is he dressed differently than everyone else? Is he the group leader? And that pretty girl, bottom left is doing some serious defrauding. Not only can you see her knees, but  all the way up her thigh to her butt. Jill must be beside herself. Oh, and the guy in the black shorts is trying to make the same hand signal, but hasn't quite mastered it. They look like an enthusiastic bunch, I predict that one of their lessons will be perfecting the signal, and future pictures will have them all doing it correctly.

He is dressed differently because he is the MINISTER (or minister wanna-be).  The rest of them are most likely Ark U students that he is trying to convert.  Also, he doesn't want to defraud us by showing his legs or scrawny upper arms.

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Looks like they all got that same pan (the copper one) that is advertised on tv late at night.  SOOOO, who is watching the devil box at night???  I kinda want to picture Michelle as a QVC, Home Shopping Network addict.  A closet full of Shamwow's!  And that new strapless bra that just sticks on your boobs.  

To be fair, I've seen those pans, or similar knock-offs (if there can actually be a knock-off of a cheapo "as seen on TV"  item) all over the place. BJ's has them, I think I've seen them at Wal Mart, certainly at the Big Lot type stores...

• Love 5
51 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I HAD to respond!

I just checked out all of the comments to multiple posts on his Twitter account.  Ole Derrick is getting chewed up and spit out by the masses.  I could count the positive comments on one hand.  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, bythelake said:

Why is he dressed differently than everyone else? Is he the group leader? 

No, he's not the leader of that group.  He's been assigned to international students, who are mostly from India, China, Panama and Brazil.  I predict he won't be very successful converting them to the Baptist religion.

• Love 2

All of the "ministry duties" they listed in that letter are things that most people do as part of everyday life, like, on their off hours from their full-time jobs. Somehow the rest of us manage to volunteer, meet people, and have people over for dinner, plus work and care for our families!

and please tell me C3:Fay does not stand for Fayetteville, that is the corniest thing I've ever seen. 

• Love 6
46 minutes ago, Portia said:

That Jack Black lookin' guy is in everybody's college ministry group. He's the wacky life of the party, but he's also the first to volunteer to say grace, and he can recite the Roman Road like a boss. Seriously, every church has one.  Everybody loves Jack Black Lookin' Guy!

I think he lives next door to me too.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Genevrier said:

Well, now that's all I can see. 

In the past day I have examined Jeremy's penis and Derick's armpits. Kill me now. 

Wait, how did I miss a post about Jeremy's penis?  Slinking off to the Juggalo thread (while simultaneously contemplating my need for a new hobby and feeling embarrassed to be me).

• Love 13
3 hours ago, Portia said:

That Jack Black lookin' guy is in everybody's college ministry group. He's the wacky life of the party, but he's also the first to volunteer to say grace, and he can recite the Roman Road like a boss. Seriously, every church has one.  Everybody loves Jack Black Lookin' Guy!

I'm dying at this. So accurate. Ours was named Kyle. 

• Love 7

So, Derick is a STUDENT? He and Jill and one disorganized mess. Why did he run down to Central America when he wasn't properly educated and trained to be a 'missionary" in the first place? Why didn't he secure his education and training BEFORE heading ANYWHERE for this intent AND why the heck did he get married before he was properly trained? Jim Bob Duggar,, Jill's guardian of her 'crotch' didn't take the time to get to know Derick well enough to ask himself these questions, did he? He allowed Jill to rush in to a marriage with someone she didn't know....Derick married someone HE didn't know either. These two live their lives half-assed backwards. Now he is a married man and a father of TWO children trying to grift his way to paying for the training he should have received when he was a free single adult. This is how The Lord guided those two? I doubt it very much and I believe in guidance in life from The Almighty above myself. This is WHAT THE DUGGARS WANTED, so they made it so.

• Love 16
3 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

I must have missed something.  What does this 1-year training get Derick?  It's not enough to be an SBC missionary, is it? 

All it gets him is that he looks at cute girls and him wishing he was single ?

• Love 8

When Derick and Jill got married, he technically was "ready" for marriage in the sense that he was a college graduate with a full time job, and they had an income from TLC with--it seemed at the time--no end in sight, as well as no mortgage to worry about. They also probably had/have quite a large amount saved up. We don't know how actively Derick tried to pursue real missionary "work" or how soon after getting married he started, but considering he felt the need to lie about being officially commissioned by the church, it's reasonable to assume that he wanted to be a SBC missionary but it would have taken too long for Jill to qualify, especially since she got pregnant so quickly. That's probably when he got to know JB's SOS connections and started talking about the possibility of a position with them. A job opened up with a promise of a newly built house for them, and he jumped at it, since hosting missioncationers was as close to being a missionary as he was going to get; he probably thought it would be a start to being a real missionary someday, and he had that secure TLC money as a backup. But then Scandal the First broke soon after accepting the position, the show was eventually cancelled (though I'm convinced that TLC promised them they would be back on TV soon), and thanks to the Megyn Kelly interview and Jill's pissed off face during the TLC sex abuse special, they got a huge amount of public scorn that likely rocked them to their core.  And then they started working for SOS--couldn't (or wouldn't put in the effort) to learn Spanish, solicited donations for themselves instead of directing donors to SOS, and made a TLC storyline out of how much danger they were in in Danger America with Jill crying on camera because of the trauma of a fallen shower rack. SOS got tired of their shit, but hey, they got TLC money again, so it's fine except that Derick can't let the missionary dream go and he and Jill still need something to do for TLC to film, so now there's Cross Church with whatever the hell this missionary course is supposed to be.

• Love 22
2 hours ago, floridamom said:

Why did he run down to Central America when he wasn't properly educated and trained to be a 'missionary" in the first place? Why didn't he secure his education and training BEFORE heading ANYWHERE for this intent

You are trying to apply logic to the actions of these people. That is nearly always futile. 

• Love 24
3 hours ago, floridamom said:

Jim Bob Duggar,, Jill's guardian of her 'crotch' didn't take the time to get to know Derick well enough to ask himself these questions, did he? He allowed Jill to rush in to a marriage with someone she didn't know....Derick married someone HE didn't know either.

Jim Bob was desperate to marry off his daughters who had been "ruined" by Josh, so he didn't care about quality as long as he could marry them off. He saw them and maybe a good part of the Gothardites saw them or at least perceived them as "damaged goods".  Though nothing could be further from the truth, only the two girls who were named  at first were the ones already married off and forced to minimize what happened. 

We figured out by process of elimination who the others were based on what data we had.  Notice that neither Jill nor Jessa were married off to Gothard guys. Gothard royalty could easily view the Duggars as "untouchables" for a good many reasons, even though their ranks are rife with their own skeletons in the closet.

• Love 9
15 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

I'm dying at this. So accurate. Ours was named Kyle. 

Mine wasn't at church, he was an employee but filled the same spot.  Comic, good silly friend but knew shit.  He went by Butters.

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Were they friends or competitors? Did they try to disciple each other?

They both just used the Jesus schtick to get chicks. This was like 30 years ago and we weren't fundies, so they both had long hair and pierced ears and I believe were big Stryper fans.

Edited by Aja
  • Love 6

Jill is ruined by her upbringing. She was never allowed to have a job, a checkbook,  etc. she has no concept of adulting. So Derick is never going to be a missionary because Jill cannot understand  adult responsibilities such as learning Spanish, interacting with anyone not named Duggar, showing up on time, following commands, etc.  Cross Church program assistant is all Derick is going to get.  

• Love 13
22 hours ago, Portia said:

I bet he rides a scooter with a Jesus fish decal on the back, and has an extensive collection of Christian rock music.

• Love 5