Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

Still stuck at $125.00, though. heh

Seems to be down now. Good.  .... Geez, I'd sure hate to be running that website, trying to chase down grifters all day. There's something in the grifter mentality that's very very determined indeed, it seems. Apparently the entrepreneurial spirit really blooms when the enterprise involves siphoning cash from other people. 

• Love 6
58 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Seems to be down now. Good.  .... Geez, I'd sure hate to be running that website, trying to chase down grifters all day. There's something in the grifter mentality that's very very determined indeed, it seems. Apparently the entrepreneurial spirit really blooms when the enterprise involves siphoning cash from other people. 

How many times do you think Pure Charity will keep doing this? And how many complaints will Cross Church put up with?

"This fundraiser was removed because of violations of our Terms of Use for Registered User Conduct. We have removed the fundraiser and have informed the nonprofit of this decision."

• Love 8
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Again Derick is proving to be like JB. Didn't JB squirrel away a quarter of a million dollars while his family was fed and clothed by "love offerings"?

Is there anyone more selfish than those two pricks?  What balls they have.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

How many times do you think Pure Charity will keep doing this? And how many complaints will Cross Church put up with?

"This fundraiser was removed because of violations of our Terms of Use for Registered User Conduct. We have removed the fundraiser and have informed the nonprofit of this decision."

That Ronnie Floyd is a power player, right?  He is a Trump religious adviser?

Cross Church is gonna dump them shortly when they realize the bad publicity Derick is bringing.  Truthfully, any organization should dump the Dillards because they are scammers.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Marigold said:

That Ronnie Floyd is a power player, right?  He is a Trump religious adviser?

Cross Church is gonna dump them shortly when they realize the bad publicity Derick is bringing.  

Could be. But I'm not convinced.

As far as I can tell, virtually all the publicity outside of very conservative and conservative-Christian media that the whole gang of top evangelicals get today is for the same kind of stuff that Derick posts -- gay- and trans-bashing to the max, raking in donations from poor people without actually serving those in poverty in their churches. .... And of course they all continue to embrace the Prez in the wake of huge apparent public backlash against the embrace-of-white-supremacism, and the same when the prayer at his inaugural was given by that "prosperity gospel" Florida-by-way-of-Maryland woman who's done nothing her whole "career" but take money from poor people and get rich off it. .... Both Jer's latest crush MacArthur and Der's guy Floyd are signers of that Nashville statement, which has gotten tons and tons of bad publicity. Bin's boy Voddie Baucham has attracted years and years of bad publicity for his child-beating propaganda.................Yet nobody in the top-flight conservative evangelical community throws any of those people out because of the bad publicity, which has been plentiful.

I really kind of doubt that having a bunch of liberal TeeVee viewers bashing Derick for saying and doing the exact same stuff that many of the top conservative evangelicals and their famous faves do will rouse them to publicly cut him loose. They agree with him, and all the criticism is coming from lib'ruls who are seduced by the lamestream media, seems to me. Plus, he's such small potatoes to the increasingly famous and influential Floyd that I doubt Der even attracts the attention of a dust mote, really. He upsets us, but I doubt the church is paying the slightest attention. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 9

Derick Dillard @derick4Him

"Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men" (Colossians 3:23) Happy Labor Day from the Dillards! #LaborDay2017

8:43 AM · 4 sept. 2017

You've gotta be kidding me.

• Love 19

Cross Church is in a really awkward position. What do you think the blowback to the church will be/is regarding Derick? What do you think Cross Church thinks of his page being taken down twice?

In order for him to continue, it seems Cross Church would have to mentor him in some way to bring his finances above board. Maybe a probation period? Then, if he can't tow the line, he is dismissed.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Annb67 said:

A day off for some. In other words, an ordinary day for these lazy asses.

Derelict obviously has no clue what Labor Day is really about. Mr. Sumi is a Union member, so Derelict's ignorance really hits home for me.

• Love 13
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Again Derick is proving to be like JB. Didn't JB squirrel away a quarter of a million dollars while his family was fed and clothed by "love offerings"?

JB's grifting game is top notch though.  Derick's sucks.  

I feel certain that JB is disappointed in how Derick is shaping up.  Maybe a single trip to Nepal isn't enough to decide to marry off your daughter to a ne'er do well hippie Jesus.

• Love 13
44 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

Cross Church is in a really awkward position. What do you think the blowback to the church will be/is regarding Derick? What do you think Cross Church thinks of his page being taken down twice?

In order for him to continue, it seems Cross Church would have to mentor him in some way to bring his finances above board. Maybe a probation period? Then, if he can't tow the line, he is dismissed.

None. This is a conservative Christian church we're talking about, here. Anything Derick says or does that falls in line with American Christian conservatism will be fine with them. It's not like anyone who attends that church or otherwise offers monetary support is going to withdraw because of anything Derick says. 

• Love 9
25 minutes ago, lascuba said:

None. This is a conservative Christian church we're talking about, here. Anything Derick says or does that falls in line with American Christian conservatism will be fine with them. It's not like anyone who attends that church or otherwise offers monetary support is going to withdraw because of anything Derick says. 

Sad but true

Edited by dreamingtree
typo
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

Derick isn't an employee of Cross Church;  he is a student taking a course.  Whatever Derick does is not really a reflection of that church.   Derick is too greedy and too arrogant to listen to anyone's advice about his behavior.  Major news sites and magazines have been exposing him for two years over Dillard Family Ministries and Derick just keeps on being the same old Derick. 

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, Mollie said:

Derick isn't an employee of Cross Church;  he is a student taking a course.  Whatever Derick does is not really a reflection of that church.   Derick is too greedy and too arrogant to listen to anyone's advice about his behavior.  Major news sites and magazines have been exposing him for two years over Dillard Family Ministries and Derick just keeps on being the same old Derick. 

This.  And, despite our general abhorrence of Derick's POV on LGBTQ and his shameless money grubbing and joblessness; folks from Cross Church would agree with him on those issues.  They believe 'The Gays' are all going to hell and its their job to point it out and that anyone claiming to 'minister' is entitled to beg for money no matter how much they already have.  The posters here are not in their core demographic anyway, they don't care what we think.

• Love 12
6 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Could be. But I'm not convinced.

As far as I can tell, virtually all the publicity outside of very conservative and conservative-Christian media that the whole gang of top evangelicals get today is for the same kind of stuff that Derick posts -- gay- and trans-bashing to the max, raking in donations from poor people without actually serving those in poverty in their churches. .... And of course they all continue to embrace the Prez in the wake of huge apparent public backlash against the embrace-of-white-supremacism, and the same when the prayer at his inaugural was given by that "prosperity gospel" Florida-by-way-of-Maryland woman who's done nothing her whole "career" but take money from poor people and get rich off it. .... Both Jer's latest crush MacArthur and Der's guy Floyd are signers of that Nashville statement, which has gotten tons and tons of bad publicity. Bin's boy Voddie Baucham has attracted years and years of bad publicity for his child-beating propaganda.................Yet nobody in the top-flight conservative evangelical community throws any of those people out because of the bad publicity, which has been plentiful.

I really kind of doubt that having a bunch of liberal TeeVee viewers bashing Derick for saying and doing the exact same stuff that many of the top conservative evangelicals and their famous faves do will rouse them to publicly cut him loose. They agree with him, and all the criticism is coming from lib'ruls who are seduced by the lamestream media, seems to me. Plus, he's such small potatoes to the increasingly famous and influential Floyd that I doubt Der even attracts the attention of a dust mote, really. He upsets us, but I doubt the church is paying the slightest attention. 

Agree with you that Derick is saying nothing new, so no shock. Floyd is not personally offended by anything Derick has said.  In fact, he supports all of it fully. 

I'm thinking that Josh Molestation + Ashely Madison + Derick + sketchy fundraising = too much for Floyd to take with no benefit for Cross Church. 

At least with the Nashville statement, everyone can "oooh and aaahhh" at how amazingly moral they all are.  Josh Duggar?  Uh...everyone sorta quietly moves away from that family. ;)  Duggars are a lightening rod for controversy and we all know politicians/political types can't afford any more scandal than they already have. 

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, doodlebug said:

This.  And, despite our general abhorrence of Derick's POV on LGBTQ and his shameless money grubbing and joblessness; folks from Cross Church would agree with him on those issues.  They believe 'The Gays' are all going to hell and its their job to point it out and that anyone claiming to 'minister' is entitled to beg for money no matter how much they already have.  The posters here are not in their core demographic anyway, they don't care what we think.

What we can do is not give them a cent of our money & encourage others to do the same.  Expose them for what they are on social media.  Not harass them, just show who they are & what they stand for.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, ariel said:

Derrick, you can make better steaks on a grill than those crappy pans. They look like the ones advertised late at night on "buy it now" tv.  If you don't have a grill, a good grill pan will work.  You should ask your leghumper fans to donate a grill pan to you.  Get those idiots to buy you a nice Le Creuset grill pan.  Oh & getting off your lazy ass & cooking for your wife isn't a "at home date".  Watching your own children isn't "babysitting" either.

At a closer look there appears to be another pre-packed beef type product on Derrick's right hand side.  How much beef do they need for a "at home date night" for two?

11 minutes ago, leighdear said:

It looks to me like a giant jar of chopped garlic.

Who would ever need that much garlic at one time?! A little garlic goes a long way. That size jar would take me forever to go through.

I would say it's sauerkraut but the Dillard/Duggar families don't strike me as liking sauerkraut.

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, JayInChicago said:

Ok I'm so I am trans so you'd think I'd quit lurking to comment on that part of Dillword's twitting, but instead...

IS HE COOKING STEAK IN MAYONNAISE??

Welcome Jay.  This lovely community sucks you into commenting even if you don't watch these fuckers.  I have a trans cousin in Chicago. <3

Edited by latetotheparty
forgot the most important word
  • Love 7
32 minutes ago, JayInChicago said:

IS HE COOKING STEAK IN MAYONNAISE?

I am just so glad he's recovered well enough from his difficult c-section that he is able to prepare food at all, even if it is steak in mayonnaise. (Which, honestly, would not surprise me.) 

• Love 17

I'm honestly surprised to see Derick cooking (and apparently happy about it). I can't imagine JB doing that. For all their rigid beliefs, it seems like the younger generation of Duggars and spouses are still a little bit looser about what they consider women's roles vs. men's roles. The men seem to be fairly involved with parenting and do help out somewhat with the house. Technically, the women are the breadwinners although I'm sure everyone tap dances around acknowledging that fact.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, ariel said:

At a closer look there appears to be another pre-packed beef type product on Derrick's right hand side.  How much beef do they need for a "at home date night" for two?

Coming here directly from the thread discussing Jeremy's "dressing to the left", this took me a moment to process correctly. And needing more brain bleach.

• Love 19
On 3.9.2017 at 10:00 PM, Churchhoney said:

I kind of think that one of Derick's (many) problems is that he's now a split-Christian-personality who actually has no idea what he thinks about any of these things. And I suspect that the resulting mental chaos may stress him out, whether or not he realizes or admits that (my guess would be that he doesn't realize or admit it) 

I think he also feels  cheated out of his missionary dream . He thought he was marrying a missionary partner  but instead got a stage 5 clinger who can't be left alone for 5 minutes . Jill on the other hand, can't understand why her marriage isn't the godly fairy tale  she was promised she'd get if she followed all the rules . 

• Love 13

Now we know what all that steak was for. 

I hope the Muslim family ignores the Duggarspawn if they see at each other at the park again. I imagine it's really hard to be non-Christian (even Catholic) in the Bible Belt. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Marigold said:

Jill and Derick are just so damn socially awkward, in addition to the pages of things that we snark about. 

I can just imagine Jill 'befriending' a Muslim family at the park for the specific purpose of trying to convert them.  That poor family; spending  an evening with the Dulllards browbeating them about Jesus.  Somehow, I don't picture that ending welll.

Presuming this was an observant family, which,  it seems they might've been, how very arrogant and how very typical of Derick and Jill to assault them with their beliefs under the guise of friendship.  

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 20
12 hours ago, McManda said:

Who would ever need that much garlic at one time?! A little garlic goes a long way. That size jar would take me forever to go through.

Me...I hate the smell of garlic on my hands, so I buy it minced in a large jar. It does last for a while, but, it's weaker than fresh garlic, so you have to use more and I love garlic, so I tend to double the amount called for in my recipes.

• Love 7