Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, cdp73 said:

I just looked at their fundraisers.  How is it that $6500 for them only impacts 500 lives while for Derelict it would have impacted 2,000?

Screw you, Derick, JJ Watt!s crowd funding effort for flood relief  raised $8.5 MM in a few days.  And, we know he won't keep a penny for himself!

• Love 7
56 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

@IntoTheMystic I posted on that now erased thread a couple of times. I couldn't resist the temptation. *snicker* I mentioned Jazz by name. Surprised that he didn't block me. 

Heh. Good for you. :) I'm glad. I hope he actually reads some of the things people say to him before he starts to cry from the hormonal imbalance his c-section has created and goes block-happy.

I would absolutely LOVE for TLC to have an event where the people from their shows appear on panels together. Can you even imagine the snark worthy wonderfulness that would happen if old Dill-irious was on a panel with Jazz and she asked DillHole to explain how/why she is a non-reality? Derick would thrill us with lots of stuttering, awkward swallowing, attempts to remember scripture, staring at the back/side of Jill's head in the hopes she would speak up for him, and eventually falling back on the gagging thing. 

• Love 12
7 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Screw you, Derick, JJ Watt!s crowd funding effort for flood relief  raised $8.5 MM in a few days.  And, we know he won't keep a penny for himself!

JJ Watt donated the first $100,000 himself!  Hundreds of celebrities, including the Kardashians, are making personal donations of millions of dollars to help flood victims.

Duggar friends Chip and Joanna Gaines of the Fixer Upper Tv show put up a donation page and, within 24 hours, received 35,000 donations which raised a million dollars.

Eat your heart out, Derick.  Maybe God didn't really "call" you after all.

http://starcasm.net/archives/375858

Edited by Mollie
  • Love 15
14 minutes ago, Mollie said:

JJ Watt donated the first $100,000 himself!  Hundreds of celebrities, including the Kardashians, are making personal donations of millions of dollars to help flood victims.

Duggar friends Chip and Joanna Gaines of the Fixer Upper Tv show put up a donation page and, within 24 hours, received 35,000 donations which raised a million dollars.

Eat your heart out, Derick.  Maybe God didn't really "call" you after all.

http://starcasm.net/archives/375858

How much did Chip and Joanna donate?

• Love 6

Hmm, backhanded compliment? Is Derick saying Jill lacks charm & beauty?

Derick Dillard‏ @derick4Him  48 minutes ago

"Charm is deceitful, & beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised." (Prov 31:30)

I love you @jillmdillard this is you!

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

How much did Chip and Joanna donate?

They have designed tee shirts that they are selling to raise money. All of the proceeds from the sale go to the victims.  That's how they've raised the million.  So, they are covering the cost of the shirts, presuming  the manufacturer didn't donate them.  Their donation at this point seems to be somewhere in the six figures and it doesn't appear that they put a cap on the number they'll sell.

• Love 5
23 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Whoa, that poster put up a nice timeline. Derick can respond to that in a Tweet and suck it.

I remember reading the original post. Like Aja, I was impressed by how comprehensive it was. I believe it was written by a... reporter?... from Inquisitr, thus explaining its high btl quality, you know, with actual timelines and facts. Would love to see Derelict respond to it. But he won't. 

Aaaand, props to @queenanne, who beat me to it. You all are so on the ball, I don't know why my little tidbit would be news here so many hours after the fact. 

Edited by mimionthebeach
Should have read all the posts first. Sigh
9 hours ago, IntoTheMystic said:

Since my Quiverfull of Hate Family disowned me years ago and assured me that being a lesbian would grant me a forever VIP room in Hell. . . I'm not too worried about the spiritual ramifications for continuously reporting fraud on the latest production of the Desperate (not to work) Dillard Vagabond Lifestyle Fund. I'm not at all concerned about cosmic karma for begging everyone on my social media to also report the fundraiser. I would like to believe it was taken down because my fellow sinners heard my war cry and fell into formation, typing FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD and hitting submit. A small little space in the darkest part of my heart wants to believe that ol' Demagog Dillard went to give Jesus a Holy High FIve for the few dollar signs that were appearing and Jesus slapped him on the forehead instead. 

We all do what we can, amiright?  Karma takes care of the rest.

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

"Charm is deceitful, & beauty is vain, but a woman who loves the Lord is to be praised." (Prov 31:30)

Fixed it for ya, dumbass Derrick Dillard.  The bold is mine.

I know he is quoting a Bible verse, but what a crappy thing to say about your wife.

Edited by toodles
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, mimionthebeach said:

I remember reading the original post. Like Aja, I was impressed by how comprehensive it was. I believe it was written by a... reporter?... from Inquisitr, thus explaining its high btl quality, you know, with actual timelines and facts. Would love to see Derelict respond to it. But he won't. 

Aaaand, props to @queenanne, who beat me to it. You all are so on the ball, I don't know why my little tidbit would be news here so many hours after the fact. 

Well, if I was really on the ball I would have noted her name, ? lol.

• Love 1

I've seen him comment something backhanded to her before. He said something like reading and believing in the bible is better than any college education. It felt like telling her "it's ok you're dumb, at least you've read the Bible"

• Love 13
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

"Charm is deceitful, & beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised." (Prov 31:30)

If so possibly the only thing he has been honest about.  Now to be fair I do not know if Jill has beauty or not.  I cannot look at her without thinking 'not beautiful'  but that's because I find her pretty abhorrent.  Well all the D's for that matter (except for the littles, they may move beyond their raisin' and have a brain of their own).

Edited by Natalie68
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Dillhole is such a sanctimonious horse's ass.  I've thought about signing up for Twitter, just to leave nasty comments on his pontificating crap.

DO IT!  Its pretty fun actually.  I'll follow ya.  I have posted a couple snarky things on Dbag Dillards twitter and he hasn't blocked me yet but I haven't gone whole hog (yet).

• Love 6
4 hours ago, doodlebug said:

They have designed tee shirts that they are selling to raise money. All of the proceeds from the sale go to the victims.  That's how they've raised the million.  So, they are covering the cost of the shirts, presuming  the manufacturer didn't donate them.  Their donation at this point seems to be somewhere in the six figures and it doesn't appear that they put a cap on the number they'll sell.

I read they have a net worth of 5 million+. I wonder if they'll donate cash as well.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

DO IT!  Its pretty fun actually.  I'll follow ya.  I have posted a couple snarky things on Dbag Dillards twitter and he hasn't blocked me yet but I haven't gone whole hog (yet).

Even if he blocks you, you can still read his tweets and reply to them.

• Love 5
22 hours ago, Absolom said:

$12,000 to do a year of internship for pre-school ministry is high on my list of useless and scammy things I've seen this week.  

PRE-SCHOOL MINISTRY?

You're kidding me. How exactly does this mesh with their "college ministry"? Also, is he so desperate to never be challenged in life that he's resorting to those who can't talk back?

Pre-school "ministry". OMG.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Missy Vixen said:

PRE-SCHOOL MINISTRY?

You're kidding me. How exactly does this mesh with their "college ministry"? Also, is he so desperate to never be challenged in life that he's resorting to those who can't talk back?

Pre-school "ministry". OMG.

Lol, right? 12k to babysit little kids during church and read them Bible stories? These people are seriously deluded. 

• Love 6
31 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Lol, right? 12k to babysit little kids during church and read them Bible stories? These people are seriously deluded. 

Especially given that Derick has never really shown that he has a "heart" for little children. Given how he treats Israel, there's no way I'd want him teaching my preschooler.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Lunera said:

I've seen him comment something backhanded to her before. He said something like reading and believing in the bible is better than any college education. It felt like telling her "it's ok you're dumb, at least you've read the Bible"

I didn't realize the two were mutually exclusive. 

• Love 8

Oh, the pre-school ministry is one of the options for ministry tracks in that program Derick is trying to grift to do.  I'm guessing Derick himself has chosen the college track to follow.  

7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Here we go again with the fear the Lord stuff. Do they mean that they fear retribution from the Lord for their evil deeds? Is that how they live day to day, afraid of the Lord? It must be exhausting. Yes, God was formidable, you know, parting the Red Sea, flooding the earth etc, but He gave us is Son, who was kind and loving. Instead of fearing God, why don't they love Jesus? Jilly is so fearful as it is, why does he keep pounding this message into her head? He must be such a joy to live with.

• Love 8

In the real world someone who expects to be feared and obeyed without question as well worshipped is considered to be abusive and someone you should stay away from. I wouldn't want to follow a God who ticks the boxes on the 'are you in an abusive relationship?' checklist.

Any chance Derrick thought he was complimenting Jill but throwing shade at Jessa with that quote.

Edited by kalamac
  • Love 15
3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Way back when we called that Sunday School and generally the church ladies took turns.  Reading bible stories and singing songs does not seem that hard.  Another phrase was Church nursery.  

So now it's called preschool ministries.  Well, well well, what do you know.  And it takes a 12k investment to do this.  Shows you how behind the eight ball I am.  Insert HUGE eyeroll.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, kalamac said:

In the real world someone who expects to be feared and obeyed without question as well worshipped is considered to be abusive and someone you should stay away from. I wouldn't want to follow a God who ticks the boxes on the 'are you in an abusive relationship?' checklist.

Any chance Derrick thought he was complimenting Jill but throwing shade at Jessa with that quote.

Might be even worse that way...if it left her feeling that he saw Jessa as charming and beautiful, even if he claimed to prefer HER (Jill), it seems there might always be that sense that he thought Jessa more physically attractive.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

He's saving the world from manipulative assholes one baby at a time! 

• Love 17
10 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Can we assume he's sleeping on the sofa tonight? 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, loloandco said:

No, because Jill can't bear to be alone, and who knows when another shower rod will attack?

• Love 18
1 hour ago, loloandco said:

Either the man is a complete fucking idiot or he's a passive aggressive tosspot. Or both.

I'm leaning towards passive aggressive tosspot with a dollop of severe resentment towards his wife and the life he probably feels like she's dragged him into. I didn't comment on the post at the time, but I remember thinking his overly enthusiastic "compliments" of the mess he was served for dinner that one time Jill had the guts to leave him and Izzy alone for the evening was an absolute marvel of criticism hidden behind faint praise. I could practically see him doing the two-thumbs-up-with-sarcastic-smile-pose. #allfoodgroups! #bestwifeever!

Now, added to the above quote where he's basically calling Jill ugly and charmless, and what @Lunera said about college education, there appears to be a pattern of Derelict putting Jill down in subtle (or not so subtle) ways. I wonder if he does this IRL as well and if Jill has figured it out or if she's so unaccustomed to the use of irony and sarcasm that she just doesn't get it. For her sake I almost wish she's too dim to understand because if she does, I don't think she's got the tools to call her headship out on his passive aggressive bullshit; she'll probaly just internalise it and feel like crap without understanding why. I don't like Jill much, but I do pity her for being saddled with this spineless excuse for a husband.

Edited by Vaysh
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, loloandco said:

Nah, Jill probably thinks the quote means she is extra charming and extra beautiful because fears God.

1 minute ago, Vaysh said:

Either the man is a complete fucking idiot or he's a passive aggressive tosspot. Or both.

I'm leaning towards passive aggressive tosspot with a dollop of severe resentment towards his wife and the life he probably feels like she's dragged him into. I didn't comment on the post at the time, but I remember thinking his overly enthusiastic "compliments" of the mess he was served for dinner that one time Jill had the guts to leave him and Izzy alone for the evening was an absolute marvel of criticism hidden behind faint praise. I could practically see him doing the two-thumbs-up-with-sarcastic-smile-pose. #allfoodgroups! #bestwifeever!

Now, added to the above quote, where he's basically calling Jill ugly and charmless, and what @Lunera said about college education, there appears to be a pattern of Derelict putting Jill down in subtle (or not so subtle) ways. I wonder if he does this IRL as well and if Jill has figured it out or if she's so unaccustomed to the use of irony and sarcasm that she just doesn't get it. For her sake I almost wish she's too dim to understand because if she does, I don't think she's got the tools to call her headship out on his passive aggressive bullshit; she'll probaly just internalise it and feel like crap without understanding why. I don't like Jill much, but I do pity her for being saddled with this spineless excuse for a husband.

Much like JB has done for years with the bikini wearing, lawn mowing, hussy that he kissed and fondled before marriage.

• Love 10
11 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Well, Jill fears shower rods, so she's part of the way there.

1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Nah, Jill probably thinks the quote means she is extra charming and extra beautiful because fears God.

Much like JB has done for years with the bikini wearing, lawn mowing, hussy that he kissed and fondled before marriage.

Yes!  Boob and Dillweed have the same wife-shaming mindset.  Assholes.

Those two sorry excuses for men make me sick, with the demeaning of their wives.  How Jill and Michelle (and the rest of this tribe's wives) can look at those dickheads so adoringly just makes my head spin.  

• Love 6
13 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Dear Jill, You're ugly as hell but you love Jesus and that's what is important. 

Love, Your Husband

• Love 18
9 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

Nah..she FEARS Jesus. How can you love someone you fear?

Well, in this case "fear" would be translated "is in awe of" in modern English. If these dipsy-doodles would use a good modern translation of the Bible they'd be doing a whole lot more good for Christ's church on earth than they are now.   

• Love 12
51 minutes ago, Annb67 said:

To me, this verse has meant that the virtue of being in awe of God is worth more than charm or beauty.  How many charming people are fake and how many beautiful people are vain? 

This verse is part of Proverbs 31

The Woman Who Fears the Lord
10     4 uAn excellent wife who can find?
She is far more precious than vjewels.
    11     The heart of her husband trusts in her,
and he will have no lack of gain.
    12     She does him good, and not harm,
all the days of her life.
    13     She wseeks wool and flax,
and works with willing hands.
    14     She is like the ships of the merchant;
she brings her food from afar.
    15     She xrises while it is yet night
and yprovides food for her household
and portions for her maidens.
    16     She considers a field and buys it;
with the fruit of her hands she plants a vineyard.
    17     She zdresses herself5 with strength
and makes her arms strong.
    18     She perceives that her merchandise is profitable.
Her lamp does not go out at night.
    19     She puts her hands to the distaff,
and her hands hold the spindle.
    20     She aopens her hand to bthe poor
and reaches out her hands to bthe needy.
    21     She is not afraid of snow for her household,
for all her household are clothed in cscarlet.6
    22     She makes dbed coverings for herself;
her clothing is efine linen and fpurple.
    23     Her husband is known in gthe gates
when he sits among the elders of the land.
    24     She makes hlinen garments and sells them;
she delivers sashes to the merchant.
    25     iStrength and dignity are her clothing,
and she laughs at the time to come.
    26     She opens her mouth with wisdom,
and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue.
    27     She looks well to the ways of her household
and does not eat the bread of idleness.
    28     Her children rise up and call her blessed;
her husband also, and he praises her:
    29     “Many jwomen have done kexcellently,
but you surpass them all.”
    30     lCharm is deceitful, and beauty is vain,
but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.
    31     Give her of the fruit of her hands,
and let her works praise her in the gates.

We know Jill is an idle cow and none of this really applies to her. Jilly Muffin is far from the Proverbs 31 woman.

We discussed this on the Boob and JChelle thread and someone wrote an excellent parody...

If he likes the Book of Proverbs so much, let him take to heart the use of the word sluggard. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Rumor has it that Derelict is leaving for a missioncatoin in Malawi on 9/11. I haven't checked the "school's" website to confirm that a trip is upcoming, but I guess we'll find out soon enough. 

You mean he didn't have to quit the program? I wonder where he found the money? ;)

• Love 8

Gee, if Derelict is going on this trip, how is it that he was asking for money to afford it in the first place? Obviously, he has the money for this program....unless JB paid it for him. Derek sure likes to 'but out' of life, doesn't he?

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Rumor has it that Derelict is leaving for a missioncatoin in Malawi on 9/11. I haven't checked the "school's" website to confirm that a trip is upcoming, but I guess we'll find out soon enough. 

Well it's not like he has a job or a new baby at home to worry about...

• Love 19

It wouldn't shock me at all if Boob and MeChelle 'donated' the full Malawi mission trip to get Derick out of everyone's hair for a while. His access to Twitter would be drastically altered in Malawi.  They probably pat him on the back and encourage him and tell him he's right to his face, but behind closed doors, they wring their hands and pace the floors over how much negativity he has been bringing to the brand. And, you know, this mission trip could conveniently take place while they are filming Counting On and TLC may not want to work/film the dude who went after a  year old girl on their network. To save face and make everyone happy ... "oh, Derick has such a heart for helping people that not going back to South America couldn't stop him. He has now gone to Malawi to help where he can."

Having him off in Africa would also explain it if Jill can't have more kids for a while or at all. 

It sounds like creepy conspiracy theories until you stop and think about who the players are and then you realize you wouldn't put anything past them. 

• Love 23
7 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

To me, this verse has meant that the virtue of being in awe of God is worth more than charm or beauty.  How many charming people are fake and how many beautiful people are vain? 

This verse is part of Proverbs 31

The Woman Who Fears the Lord
10     4 uAn excellent wife who can find?
She is far more precious than vjewels.
    11     The heart of her husband trusts in her,
and he will have no lack of gain.
    12     She does him good, and not harm,
all the days of her life.
    13     She wseeks wool and flax,
and works with willing hands.
    14     She is like the ships of the merchant;
she brings her food from afar.
    15     She xrises while it is yet night
and yprovides food for her household
and portions for her maidens.
    16     She considers a field and buys it;
with the fruit of her hands she plants a vineyard.
    17     She zdresses herself5 with strength
and makes her arms strong.
    18     She perceives that her merchandise is profitable.
Her lamp does not go out at night.
    19     She puts her hands to the distaff,
and her hands hold the spindle.
    20     She aopens her hand to bthe poor
and reaches out her hands to bthe needy.
    21     She is not afraid of snow for her household,
for all her household are clothed in cscarlet.6
    22     She makes dbed coverings for herself;
her clothing is efine linen and fpurple.
    23     Her husband is known in gthe gates
when he sits among the elders of the land.
    24     She makes hlinen garments and sells them;
she delivers sashes to the merchant.
    25     iStrength and dignity are her clothing,
and she laughs at the time to come.
    26     She opens her mouth with wisdom,
and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue.
    27     She looks well to the ways of her household
and does not eat the bread of idleness.
    28     Her children rise up and call her blessed;
her husband also, and he praises her:
    29     “Many jwomen have done kexcellently,
but you surpass them all.”
    30     lCharm is deceitful, and beauty is vain,
but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.
    31     Give her of the fruit of her hands,
and let her works praise her in the gates.

We know Jill is an idle cow and none of this really applies to her. Jilly Muffin is far from the Proverbs 31 woman.

We discussed this on the Boob and JChelle thread and someone wrote an excellent parody...

If he likes the Book of Proverbs so much, let him take to heart the use of the word sluggard. 

After reading all the verses, it seems that the one he quoted was probably the best he could say about her. Does she speak with wisdom? Is she strong? Does she reach out to the poor? No!  But she's neither charming nor beautiful, so he got that right.

• Love 6

A family of 4 is costly. Most families have mortgage/rent, utilities, food, clothing, cell phones, car expenses, health insurance/medical costs, etc. For many the largest cost is mortgage/rent. Are the Dillard's paying anything for the Pool McMansion? If they are, then they should downsize to cut costs or not take a $12,000 course. Or Derick (& Jill) should get a job if Counting On isn't bringing in enough cash. They're begging for money from a community, that appears for the most part, not rich. I wonder if Derick would knowingly take money from a retired Fundy who decided Derick's 'career' path was more important than, say, eyeglasses?

I don't know about you all, but we make choices/sacrifices based on our income, not how much money we can grift.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 22
8 hours ago, floridamom said:

Gee, if Derelict is going on this trip, how is it that he was asking for money to afford it in the first place? Obviously, he has the money for this program....unless JB paid it for him. Derek sure likes to 'but out' of life, doesn't he?

The cost for the missioncations is included in the $12k tuition. I guess this would be his overseas assignment? I wonder how long he'll be gone. I can't imagine it being more than two weeks.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, IntoTheMystic said:

It wouldn't shock me at all if Boob and MeChelle 'donated' the full Malawi mission trip to get Derick out of everyone's hair for a while. His access to Twitter would be drastically altered in Malawi.  They probably pat him on the back and encourage him and tell him he's right to his face, but behind closed doors, they wring their hands and pace the floors over how much negativity he has been bringing to the brand. And, you know, this mission trip could conveniently take place while they are filming Counting On and TLC may not want to work/film the dude who went after a  year old girl on their network. To save face and make everyone happy ... "oh, Derick has such a heart for helping people that not going back to South America couldn't stop him. He has now gone to Malawi to help where he can."

Considering the fact that there are hundreds of thousands of people right now in Texas that desperately need help, going to Malawi to "missioncation" is frigging ridiculous. He's a plane ride away from all kinds of opportunities to assist other human beings who need help. Then again, I'm sure they would not appreciate his interpretive dancing or his hair-growing talents.

Then again, I think you're right. It was the easiest way to get him out of everyone's hair for an undisclosed amount of time.

• Love 19

Well, it's just good timing as far as getting rid of the Duggars' latest problem is concerned. I'm sure Cross Church has these missioncations lined up months ahead of time. They might even be on an annual schedule. 

That said, how many sons do the Duggars have that could be helping in Texas right now in some capacity aside from passing out soccer balls and dum dums?

• Love 13
20 hours ago, kalamac said:

1000 likes for this. I have often wondered about the depictions of God that give him every quality that humans are NOT supposed to have. 

• Love 10