Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

Still trying to figure out how Cross Church uses the $12k tuition. I read on FJ that most also have to fundraise for their housing! The program only allots candidates $200/mo. for rent. 

Can you say SCAM? Cross Church is making out like bandits.

• Love 9

Why does he need $6500 for missions opportunities he'll have in Northwest Arkansas this yr? Don't they live in NWA? So like normal people he could drive up to wherever there is preaching going on or a school being painted or whatever it is he does and then drive back at night. $6500 covers what then - gas and lunch money on the site?

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Wow, a leghumper has already donated $100

Jill's getting hammered in the Insta comments. They have the money, but they have to fundraise as part of their program. Well, grifting is the one thing Derelict excels at.

2 minutes ago, cereality said:

Why does he need $6500 for missions opportunities he'll have in Northwest Arkansas this yr? Don't they live in NWA? So like normal people he could drive up to wherever there is preaching going on or a school being painted or whatever it is he does and then drive back at night. $6500 covers what then - gas and lunch money on the site?

They go on three missioncations, two in the US and one overseas.

• Love 4

Doesn't "residency" mean being there and living the job?  So I suppose this "residency" program will keep him away from all things Duggar.  Unless they allow kids and spouses to be there too...

i just don't know how any of the husbands haven't gone loco yet.  No privacy, can't be trusted to be alone, constant surveillance...I'm waiting for one to run screaming.  Especially considering none of them were raised in this atmosphere.  

• Love 5

I bet the church comped the tuition. This is just Derick raising money for expenses. Expensive shower curtain rods (that stay up), antiemetics, training blankets, trips to Olive Garden, and the like.

• Love 8
17 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jill's getting hammered in the Insta comments. They have the money, but they have to fundraise as part of their program. Well, grifting is the one thing Derelict excels at.

They go on three missioncations, two in the US and one overseas.

I'm guessing Derprick asked Jill to post the donation page because he hoped they wouldn't attack her like people have been doing on his page. Jill is an idiot just being used by him to achieve his dream of becoming Jesus. 

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Lunera said:

I'm guessing Derprick asked Jill to post the donation page because he hoped they wouldn't attack her like people have been doing on his page. Jill is an idiot just being used by him to achieve his dream of becoming Jesus. 

He was busy posting pithy I'm better than you crap on Twitter.  It's on pickles' page.  Busy, busy day for the Dullards.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I worry when I see a child with dark circles under their eyes, like Izzy.  I personally know a two-year-old who never smiles, always looks sad and has dark circles.  Come to find out her home is a battleground, because her parents fight (and I mean FIGHT) constantly.  Even babies and toddlers are affected when there is strife in the home.

Derick has dark circles, is tall, and was a towheaded child. Izzy has dark circles, is tall, and is a towheaded child. And I have dark circles, I'm tall, and I was a towheaded child. It's just genetic.

And I just can't picture Jilly McMuffin arguing all that much with Derwood. 

Counting-On-Israel-Sept-2016-6.png

I also had shitty teeth, but I got orthodontia at 13, not 23 or whatever.  

• Love 7
5 hours ago, toodles said:

He was busy posting pithy I'm better than you crap on Twitter.  It's on pickles' page.  Busy, busy day for the Dullards.

Grumble grumble..making a old lady (me) have to go to Facebook to see what you're talking about grumble grumble...

PS and then go to Instagram to actually be able to share it with the rest of you..

grumble grumble :-D

Pps (or was it Twitter? I'm too old to know the difference) ;-)

FB_IMG_1503792341572.jpg

Edited by ChiCricket
'Cuz.
  • Love 6
15 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

Derick has dark circles, is tall, and was a towheaded child. Izzy has dark circles, is tall, and is a towheaded child. And I have dark circles, I'm tall, and I was a towheaded child. It's just genetic.

Yeah, I met a friend's former coworker on the street a while back... hadn't seen him since my friend moved out of state.  Said coworker had deep-set eyes and pronounced dark circles under his eyes.  Was pushing his brand-new, curly-headed blonde toddler boy... with deep-set eyes and identical haunting dark circles.  I LOLed (to my friend, later, privately, not when I was cooing at the the toddler).  I said "you could not mistake that child for anything except Michael's son."  

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, queenanne said:

Yeah, I met a friend's former coworker on the street a while back... hadn't seen him since my friend moved out of state.  Said coworker had deep-set eyes and pronounced dark circles under his eyes.  Was pushing his brand-new, curly-headed blonde toddler boy... with deep-set eyes and identical haunting dark circles.  I LOLed (to my friend, later, privately, not when I was cooing at the the toddler).  I said "you could not mistake that child for anything except Michael's son."  

A couple of my grands have these. They're called "allergic shiners."

http://www.drpaul.com/illnesses/allergy-signs-children.php

I don't hold out much hope they'll take him to an allergist like my kids did, though.

And in my mostly Hispanic family, the two grands who have them *are* the towheads

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 5
40 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

Grumble grumble..making a old lady (me) have to go to Facebook to see what you're talking about grumble grumble...

PS and then Instagram to actually be able to share it with the rest of you..

grumble grumble :-D

Pps (or was it Twitter? I'm too old to know the difference) ;-)

FB_IMG_1503792341572.jpg

Here's his most recent drivel from this morning. He's also polling as to whether people want a blog of vlog. I voted the latter because it would be so much more snarkable. I'm always thinking about PTV, people! 

• Love 5
51 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

I don't know if that's a recent picture or not, but Derick's teeth are appalling. The space between the 2 front teeth is supposed to align with the tip of your nose ( like Izzies ) Derick's is way out of line. But, it's good to see Izzie smiling.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Here's his most recent drivel from this morning. He's also polling as to whether people want a blog of vlog. I voted the latter because it would be so much more snarkable. I'm always thinking about PTV, people! 

Oh STFU Derrick.  If you don't want people snarking and gossiping, then stay off social media.  If you haven't been fired from your "teevee ministry" then put your money where your mouth is and quit.  Stop begging for money and move out of the mcmansion and pay your own damn way.  

Derrick, GROW A PAIR AND GET A JOB!!

I feel ever so much better now.  I just can't with these people.

• Love 18
46 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Read the comments before they go poof! He's getting ravaged! 

https://www.purecharity.com/ccsm-missions-derick-dillard

OH MY!

He is being mauled by the comments. Wowsa! I love it!  That made my evening. Ripped to shreds and his only defense is some lame Bible verse? 

Seriously, will anyone at Cross Church read these comments?  Derick is gonna get a double dump! No church wants to be associated with that shit. 

• Love 14
11 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Derelict must possess enough self-reflection to realize that he's not widely liked. Hell, his own brothers-in-law barely tolerate him. He never posts about friends like Ben and Jeremy do. 

Ugh. Now you had to go and make me feel bad for Derelict. No friends? Not even fundy ones? Sad

• Love 4

At first I thought he was raising money for his church, as in the money would go straight to the church. Like how people have a fundraising page for Relay for Life, etc. I cannot believe he didn't think how bad this would look for him to turn around and ask for "donations" again. 

I'm not surprised there is a requirement he raise a portion of the money. Part of the point is the experience of "making the ask" so they can raise money for when the students are missionaries. Derrick lazily slapped up a crowd sourcing site.

In my state you cannot call them donations unless you have a charitable solicitation license from the secretary of state.

Edited by Marshmallow Mollie
  • Love 6

So I read it again. (I now hate myself a little.)

Ten personal pronouns in five short paragraphs. Zero mention of any benefit the donor might receive, no matter how bullshittily non-existent.

One thing is for sure...Asshat Boy knows zip squat diddly about marketing. 

• Love 13

I read elsewhere that wives and kids can't go on the required missioncations. How will Jilly Muffin cope? I'm sure he's allowed to live at home rather than have a roommate in an apartment somewhere near the church as everyone else (unmarried only?) is required to do. 

On the website for this training school, it it suggested that you find 10 sponsors to donate $100/mo. for the year to pay the $12000 tuition. But no, Derelict has to pander to the leghumpers rather than find "prayer partners" like he did when he went to Nepal. What a schmuck. 

No wonder he doesn't have any friends. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

On the website for this training school, it it suggested that you find 10 sponsors to donate $100/mo. for the year to pay the $12000 tuition. But no, Derelict has to pander to the leghumpers rather than find "prayer partners" like he did when he went to Nepal. What a schmuck. 

No wonder he doesn't have any friends. 

I'm sure that suggestion is for people who can't afford the tuition, not an invitation to grift if you can.  

• Love 3

Someone, please help me out here with Derick and his newfound 'mission' in life. Is he asking for the donated money to be forwarded on to Cross Church to help those who REALLY CAN"T afford the course, like scholarship money for THOSE APPLICANTS?  Or is he asking for donations for himself and his tab?

If he's asking for HIS tuition to be covered, man, he's got balls or he's an idiot OR BOTH.. Hasn't TLC made public what some of their 'reality show' people are paid per episode? I would think with all of the controversy surrounding the Dillards' grifting for their life expenses, TLC would publish what those two are paid for each appearance.  I understand their net worth is a few hundred thousand dollars....AND NO DEBT, of course.

Why would they be asking folks who have far less than they do to fund this? I would think they could donate personally, themselves to help those less financially strong attend this class.

• Love 17
15 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Well, Derelict has his hand out for DONATIONS again. Fundraising is part of the requirements of the program he's in. I'll read the blog post later 

The people on either side of Derrick look like they're ready to give the secret military sign for coercion if they could just raise their hands up to be in the camera shot.

• Love 10

Ok, I spent some time trying to figure out if any of the commenters were one of us. 

It's really strange how much glee I got from the comments.  I felt like finally, someone told Derick what we have been saying for years. 

I'm sure he is reading them and so is the church. Churches are very concerned about social media and their image.  

• Love 12

The school website part that I read did not say grifting was mandatory but that most students would find it beneficial to find donors. Derick only needs $10k since he won't need housing. He should just pay it or ask JB for it and move along.

• Love 12