Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

Ok, this is the cranky old cynical me speaking. I wouldn't be one bit surprised if Derick is only doing the C3 thing and the 1 yr study program in an attempt to gain a missionary commission from Cross church. After SOS dumped him Derick must be desperate to get back to the mission field and his interpretive dance. Plus, if he's busy 'studying' and running a college youth group there will be no time for him to GET A REAL JOB.

• Love 22
3 hours ago, ozziemom said:

It appears he is going to the Cross Church one year ministry program. There are some pictures on Facebook, not sure whose Facebook page (not good at linking, sorry). Description of program is kindof vague and doesn't promise any kind of career or job, sounds like a way to study just to study. We should see loads of pictures now with him "studying" 

And it costs 12 grand to "attend." Jill was onstage as well but that may have been a special case since he's married. I don't think both of them can do this at the same time with two little kids since some missioncations are required as part of the curriculum. No degree is awarded.

Derelict will do just about anything to avoid working at real job, won't he? 12 grand is probably double what he paid in tuition at OSU.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 12
23 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

12 grand is probably double what he paid in tuition at OSU.

No not really.  That sounded too low to me for tuition (especially since he's younger than me and the cost is skyrocketing.). Now I don't know what he paid if he had scholarships, or legacy money, but actually it costs a lot more to go to OSU especially if you're not from Oklahoma. If he was from Ok at the time, then maybe. But I thought he grew up in Arkansas. 

I think the cost is a bit less if you don't need the residential part. It clearly states there is no co-ed rooming, so Jill the Clinger wouldn't be allowed never mind 2 kids. It will be interesting to see how she copes with him doing this program. And if any of it gets shown on Counting On.

• Love 1

Actually, Derelict got a full ride at OSU, but point taken for being out of state. That costs a fortune, even at a state school. 

Let's call the 12 grand about equal in today's money. I have no clue what his tuition would have been when he attended, and I forgot he was out of state.

Still, 12 grand for a program that awards no credits or degrees is, IMO, throwing money down the drain. But then again, I don't have Duggar money, so my perspective is colored by that.

• Love 14
4 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Actually, Derelict got a full ride at OSU, but point taken for being out of state. That costs a fortune, even at a state school. 

Let's call the 12 grand about equal in today's money. I have no clue what his tuition would have been when he attended, and I forgot he was out of state.

Still, 12 grand for a program that awards no credits or degrees is, IMO, throwing money down the drain. But then again, I don't have Duggar money, so my perspective is colored by that.

Do you know how/why he got a full ride? Was it needs-based, or based on his grades? I'm Canadian and didn't apply for scholarships when I went to University so I'm not at all familiar with the full rides...

I wonder how long Derelict studied for that Masters in Divinity. Could this program be used that make up for the work he has to complete. I must admit I have no idea what university he was going through, and how reputable the program is. I thought I read somewhere that Derelict was a runner, maybe that is how he got a full ride. He must be a hell of a runner, because he has run as far and as fast as possible from a job and his responsibilities.

Edited by SMama
  • Love 2
35 minutes ago, RainbowBrite said:

Do you know how/why he got a full ride? Was it needs-based, or based on his grades? I'm Canadian and didn't apply for scholarships when I went to University so I'm not at all familiar with the full rides...

IIRC, his schollys were academically-based. Then as he progressed, I think he also got grants to supplement the scholarships.  

7 hours ago, Christina87 said:

He probably can't run anymore since his barnacle, I mean wife, probably can't ride along with him. That was his only hobby, as far as I've seen. RIP running. ?

She could drive slowly along side him in the car or get Jana to watch the boys and ride her bike as she has been known to do.

• Love 1

So sad to know Derelict used to have a brain that used to engage in critical thinking. The Duggar vortex is not only soul but also intellectually crushing. I'd be upset if he was my child; a mind is indeed a terrible thing to waste. 

• Love 13

Remember after Samuel was born Jill posted that cryptic Bible verse about being content where you are? We thought this was some weird verse to post after having a baby.  What went wrong with the birth/baby that made her post that? 

It just occurred to me that it was probably referring to them being dumped by SOS. (Maybe I'm late to the party with that one) 

• Love 9

@Marigold in a perfect world  it'd be a passive aggressive shot at her headship. I was miserable in Danger America, now you are miserable at home, and oh so damn close to MY family. Every. Single. Fucking. Hour. Of. The. Day. Alas brainless Jill could never come up with that one.

Edited by SMama
Because way and world are not the same.
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, magpye29 said:

Why does my brain look happier on Duggars? (J/K)

Because ignorance is bliss, lol.  It's that creepy vacant cult smile. 

Edited by EVS
  • Love 14
5 hours ago, Aja said:

Who needs a brain when you have tons of righteous anger about everyone you are better than?

Don't forget he's also getting TLC money for just F'ing Jill & the blessing that "come" from that.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, SMama said:

@Marigold in a perfect world  it'd be a passive aggressive shot at her headship. I was miserable in Danger America, now you are miserable at home, and oh so damn close to MY family. Every. Single. Fucking. Hour. Of. The. Day. Alas brainless Jill could never come up with that one.

Good point. For anyone else...it's a well crafted shot! 

But sadly, that's not Jilly Muffin.  She is trying to comfort her headship after they got dumped big time!

But we all know she has been smiling 24/7 since she got the news.  "Too bad, so sad, dear husband"  :) :) :)

That missioncation was just too much for her. For the sake of the kids, I'm glad she is staying in a place where she is happier. Maybe things will improve for Izzy. 

• Love 11
39 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Good point. For anyone else...it's a well crafted shot! 

But sadly, that's not Jilly Muffin.  She is trying to comfort her headship after they got dumped big time!

But we all know she has been smiling 24/7 since she got the news.  "Too bad, so sad, dear husband"  :) :) :)

That missioncation was just too much for her. For the sake of the kids, I'm glad she is staying in a place where she is happier. Maybe things will improve for Izzy. 

I'm not sure I agree. For one of them to be happy, the other (apparantly) has to be miserable. I don't particularly like either one, so I can't say that I prefer one or the other to be unhappy.

Maybe things will improve for Izzy since he's closer to Grandma Cathy, but I don't expect Jill's parenting to improve. She is 100% aping her own "perfect" mother and I don't think that she has the emotional skills, or the desire, to bond with her children.

There is no win here. It's a sad situation in which these two people are destined for a lifetime of unhappiness, and these kids will be just as neglected as the original 19 unless there is some sort of dramatic change.

• Love 12
19 minutes ago, Obsidian said:

Ok, Derick. We have been bashing you for your idleness, and that's just not on. Obviously you have a jam-packed schedule, between a whole day of classes, professional missioncation duties at C3 taking family photos, growing your hair, forcing the human nature out of your sons and recovering from the C-section. 

You left breastfeeding off his list. ;)

• Love 14
16 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

I'm not sure I agree. For one of them to be happy, the other (apparantly) has to be miserable. I don't particularly like either one, so I can't say that I prefer one or the other to be unhappy.

Maybe things will improve for Izzy since he's closer to Grandma Cathy, but I don't expect Jill's parenting to improve. She is 100% aping her own "perfect" mother and I don't think that she has the emotional skills, or the desire, to bond with her children.

There is no win here. It's a sad situation in which these two people are destined for a lifetime of unhappiness, and these kids will be just as neglected as the original 19 unless there is some sort of dramatic change.

Jill is no prize mother, just like Michelle.  But it has to be better for Izzy here. At least Jill is happier and that must improve her mothering skills, however poor they are.  Cathy is here.  Jessa is here and she is attempting to be a better mother than Michelle. Anna seems to love her kids (Josh and that mess is a separate issue). The Dillwads are attending Cross Church so maybe Izzy can go to Sunday School or actually get out of the house and meet a few semi-normal people! 

They were too isolated in Danger America and it was making whatever the hell is wrong with Jill, much worse.

I guess Derick is miserable now?  I think Derick is miserable everywhere...just because of all the sin lurking around! 

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Marigold said:

Jill is no prize mother, just like Michelle.  But it has to be better for Izzy here. At least Jill is happier and that must improve her mothering skills, however poor they are.  Cathy is here.  Jessa is here and she is attempting to be a better mother than Michelle. Anna seems to love her kids (Josh and that mess is a separate issue). The Dillwads are attending Cross Church so maybe Izzy can go to Sunday School or actually get out of the house and meet a few semi-normal people! 

They were too isolated in Danger America and it was making whatever the hell is wrong with Jill, much worse.

I guess Derick is miserable now?  I think Derick is miserable everywhere...just because of all the sin lurking around! 

The sentence reminds me a country song that came out in the 1980's or 1990's called "Heaven's Just a Sin Away" 

Edited by bigskygirl
3 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

I think both Derick and Jill thought everything was going to be easy for them because they were following God's will and doing His work. I think there's a lot of anger simmering under the surface for both of them.

Well I guess they should  have read the book of Job, God   " Never  Promised  us a Rose Garden  ", sorry  I couldn't  resist . 

• Love 10

And Jessa and Jinger seem to be floating pretty easily. Jessa had two home births to brag about!  Jinger's husband is all important, meeting all these Jesus men, using social media and he is getting all the love!   Meanwhile Derick is attacking Jazz and getting trashed via social media.   I imagine Joy is pretty joyful too. 

Jill must be super jealous and very confused. 

Jill needs to find grown up friends with a grown up faith. 

• Love 11

@toodles

I totally agree. 

But you can see how Jill is completely unprepared. She has no clue and neither does Derick.  The two of them are just so...STUPID! Their parents take a lot of the blame but at some point, you have to grow up and take responsibility for your own life. This is where Jill is tangled up. 

And like you pointed out, she really does nothing! She has a pretty laid back life! 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Marigold said:

Oh and they decided not to use birth control and yet she still landed up with two C-sections that will, most likely, limit their large family plans. Another weird thing because she followed God and again, the blessings did not reign down on them.  Another odd situation.  It seems like it's working for Jessa but not Jill? That cannot be possibl

Don't forget treating her blessings of children as huge burdens.

And Jessa and Jinger seem to be floating pretty easily. Jessa had two home births to brag about!  Jinger's husband is all important, meeting all these Jesus men, using social media and he is getting all the love!   Meanwhile Derick is attacking Jazz and getting trashed via social media.   I imagine Joy is pretty joyful too. 

I agree, but keep in mind all these couple are still in the honeymoon stage, aside from Jessa. She's lowered her own expectations enough that as long as she's a big fish in a small, stagnant pond, she's happy. She also seems to be able to make a few bucks, here and there.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 4

Adult life certainly has been slamming into Jill at breakneck speed, but that's what happens when your parents keep you 13 until your married. Most of us have had the opportunity to have one foot in adulthood and one foot in adolescence simultaneously for a number of years. 

I really don't think Jessa is any happier than Jill though. Jessa is one of those women who post pictures of homemade baby food, spit & polished kids and a happy smile, but if you dropped by unexpectedly you'd find dried up Gerber jars on the kitchen counter, snot on the couch and the mom staring blankly at a soap opera on TV. (or like a guy who touts the virtues of marriage and is trying to get some on the side) She's fake and I'm thinking all that lying must be tiring and unsettling. 

• Love 18
18 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Adult life certainly has been slamming into Jill at breakneck speed, but that's what happens when your parents keep you 13 until your married. Most of us have had the opportunity to have one foot in adulthood and one foot in adolescence simultaneously for a number of years. 

I really don't think Jessa is any happier than Jill though. Jessa is one of those women who post pictures of homemade baby food, spit & polished kids and a happy smile, but if you dropped by unexpectedly you'd find dried up Gerber jars on the kitchen counter, snot on the couch and the mom staring blankly at a soap opera on TV. (or like a guy who touts the virtues of marriage and is trying to get some on the side) She's fake and I'm thinking all that lying must be tiring and unsettling. 

Totally agree. The only thing  I see is that Jessa and Ben interact with Spurgie more than Jill and Derick do with Izzie. Spurgeon seems like a happy kid. He's curious about everything and they let him explore.  Most of the time Izzie looks frightened and you rarely see him smile. The only time I saw him happy was with Cathy, not his parents. Jill especially seems detached and with Derick's comments about Izzie's manipulation, I wonder if he was blanket trained. He looks so passive. Poor kid.

• Love 15

Wouldn't be surprised if Izzy was blanket trained. Muffy is and always has been about following the rules as per her dear leader, Kim Jong Boob.  Jessa has said on the record that she would "raise her children very differently". She obviously is since little Spurgeon is so bubbly and happy, compared to Izzy.

• Love 17

My opinion is that Ben is more emotionally stable and overall, a better husband and father.  I know Ben is young, really young, and not a college grad etc. But he seems like he is doing OK.  This is to Jessa's advantage. 

Derick? I see Derick as having a lot of mental health issues. I don't need to rehash all that...we all know about Derick!   Jill is unstable herself and then Derick is a problem too. Jill is in a loose-loose situation. 

• Love 18
1 hour ago, bythelake said:

Totally agree. The only thing  I see is that Jessa and Ben interact with Spurgie more than Jill and Derick do with Izzie. Spurgeon seems like a happy kid. He's curious about everything and they let him explore.  Most of the time Izzie looks frightened and you rarely see him smile. The only time I saw him happy was with Cathy, not his parents. Jill especially seems detached and with Derick's comments about Izzie's manipulation, I wonder if he was blanket trained. He looks so passive. Poor kid.

I worry when I see a child with dark circles under their eyes, like Izzy.  I personally know a two-year-old who never smiles, always looks sad and has dark circles.  Come to find out her home is a battleground, because her parents fight (and I mean FIGHT) constantly.  Even babies and toddlers are affected when there is strife in the home.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Izzy was blanket trained. Muffy is and always has been about following the rules as per her dear leader, Kim Jong Boob.  Jessa has said on the record that she would "raise her children very differently". She obviously is since little Spurgeon is so bubbly and happy, compared to Izzy.

Is tightly swaddling a toddler a form of blanket training, a form of punishment or both?

2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

While her sisters take care of her kids. While her sisters clean her house. If Jessa didn't have all the help she has from them and able to drop them off at TTH when ever she wanted? How good of a parent would she be if she didn't have all that help? How happy would she be if she wasn't able to dump them on her sisters when ever she wanted? 

• Love 13

I have no words and the only ones I can even think of aren't nice.

Grift for what we can afford to pay for and save the difference!

The only way I could even excusevthis was an f KJB was getting all their money and not giving them a penny.  But still, you're grown ass adults! Jilly, if your loser of a husband actually got himself a job for pay, even temp or contact, that would be cool.  I guess no employers yet have Bring Your Barnacle to Work Day.

• Love 10