Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

Credit doodlebug since I can't get the time and person is the little space above.

And, if he is going to grift, why not ask the money be sent directly to the church to provide for students with less means than himself?  Oh no, he's gotta get his paws on the cash, God doesn't want him to pay a dime out of his own pocket for this training!  

For that matter, why not ask for funding for some of his 'friends' back in El Salvador who need stuff like food and clothing and housing?  Once again, not to brag on it, but amongst my friends from church who've volunteered in El Salvador, we are privately contributing to a fund to allow one of our translators to come to the US for graduate studies in engineering.  He speaks perfect English and is about to get his degree down there and would love to come to the US for his Master's but doesn't have the cash for the plane fare, lodging, etc for the interviews.  Since this is a personal need, it was decided not to use church funds to sponsor him and, instead, those of us who've worked with him are raising the dough amongst ourselves cuz he is a terrific young man who deserves this chance.  We've got the interviewing costs covered and are now working on getting together enough to help him with expenses while he lives here (because we just KNOW he is going to be accepted!).  Of course, in our church, we're believers in the starfish theory of charity, the Duggars are all about the charity that begins and ends at home.

http://www.all-creatures.org/stories/starfish.html

I want to like this a million times.  The Duggars just don't seem to get this for all the mentioning of Jesus first, others second, yourself last.  Just words.  And talk about an abomination to God. spending money that should be used for the many less fortunate who they have seen live and in person.  Always being so ready to condemn people who don't agree with their exact beliefs.   Shameful people who have no shame.

• Love 19
23 hours ago, toodles said:

Maybe this is God's way of telling Jill to stand on her own two feet.  Whatever God laid on her heart in the past doesn't seem to be working very well.

This is not God's way of telling Jill to stand on her own two feet because Jim blob did not tell Jill that it was God's way.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

If part of Derick's course study requires raising funds, he certainly could explain that he can afford the costs and would like to raise funds for a local charity. I fixed it for him.

BIG NEWS!  For the next year, I will be serving through a program at my home church, called the Cross Church School of Ministry!  I am so excited about this incredible opportunity for further ministry development, and I would like to invite you to share in this excitement with me.

I started a fundraiser on Pure Charity to raise the funds as a requisite of the program. I have a donations goal of $6,500. Because I already have substantial income for appearing on Counting On, I plan on raising funds to help youth experiencing homelessness.

Don't give his lying ass him ideas...

Edited by PinkyCupcake
  • Love 4

With respect Geegolly...

I started a fundraiser on Pure Charity to raise the funds as a requisite of the program. I have a donations goal of $6,500. Because I am so greedy I can't sacrifice what I make in 10 minutes of airtime, I plan on raising funds to help youth experiencing homelessness. They will be allowed to scrub the toilets at one of the two McMansions I live in as a ministry opportunity. The lord doubles your blessings if you donte twice as much!

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 16
4 hours ago, flyingdi said:

Can I suggest a new thread title,  please?  The Dillard's-What Has Derrick Done Now?

The Dillards - Oh no they didn't

The Dillards - Oops they did it again

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Obsidian said:

Thank you! I wonder why I can't see them. Oh well!

Scroll down the page below Derick's bloviating. There is a comment section.

10 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I'm sure that suggestion is for people who can't afford the tuition, not an invitation to grift if you can.  

No, it's required that they raise the money, as it trains them for getting sponsors for real missioncations if they choose to go that route in the future. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

If part of Derick's course study requires raising funds, he certainly could explain that he can afford the costs and would like to raise funds for a local charity. I fixed it for him.

BIG NEWS!  For the next year, I will be serving through a program at my home church, called the Cross Church School of Ministry!  I am so excited about this incredible opportunity for further ministry development, and I would like to invite you to share in this excitement with me.

I started a fundraiser on Pure Charity to raise the funds as a requisite of the program. I have a donations goal of $6,500. Because I already have substantial income for appearing on Counting On, I plan on raising funds to help youth experiencing homelessness.

Except on the donation page, it says that these donations go straight to Cross Church. Who knows what THEY actually do with the money?

2 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Oh no I just am now worried that the Duggars and Dillards and might go into Texas to "help" after the flood recedes, We have seen them do this after hurricanes. Isn't Texas suffering enough?

I've forgotten to check on Big Sandy. Is the IBLP HQ going to flood out? How about the Wallers?

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I read elsewhere that wives and kids can't go on the required missioncations. How will Jilly Muffin cope? I'm sure he's allowed to live at home rather than have a roommate in an apartment somewhere near the church as everyone else (unmarried only?) is required to do. 

On the website for this training school, it it suggested that you find 10 sponsors to donate $100/mo. for the year to pay the $12000 tuition. But no, Derelict has to pander to the leghumpers rather than find "prayer partners" like he did when he went to Nepal. What a schmuck. 

No wonder he doesn't have any friends. 

Curiosity meant I had to search out the school and see what it was; this was under their FAQ section:

The cost of the program includes: one international mission trip, two North American mission trips, program fees, housing and utilities, tuition, ministry mentoring, and customized ministry tracking. It does not include food, insurance, transportation, and miscellaneous personal needs.

I see three choices; Pure grift and he never finishes the program (donation money never accounted for), He half-asses the program because the "school" let him enroll for the publicity and they don't hold him to the same standards in which case the mission trips may be modified OR he's all in, full student, full participant.  That's when the Jilly coping issues really start.  One toddler, one baby, traumatic birth a few months ago, not the most mentally stable person to begin with.  Now her husband is going to say he's off on three mission trips in the course of a year each likely to last weeks?  I anticipate a lot of help being required and it comes in the form of Janna (if they'll let her out of the TTH) and JoHannah because Jill is not going to stay on her own; wouldn't be surprised if she actually moved back home each time he goes off on a mission trip.

Edited by sigmaforce86
meant "coping" not "copying"
  • Love 11

I mean if Derrick is so hell bent on helping people, surely he can hand out food and supplies in Houston in a few weeks? He could organize donation efforts locally to be shipped down or sign up with the Red Cross to work on the ground getting people help. Not only does he have an accounting degree, which makes his ability to do paperwork and catalog things a strong trait, he could likely volunteer with FEMA signing people up for things like emergency housing, emergency food stamps...etc. He wants to help, here is your sign---stop grifting, getting yourself out there and help. Not only would it do some good, but he'd be able to build up credibility as a person who actually wants to help people.

Then again, this is Derrick, so it won't happen. Jeremy---it's on you dude, you're in Texas, I hope you're planning something to reach out.  

• Love 14
1 minute ago, Loves2Dance said:

I mean if Derrick is so hell bent on helping people, surely he can hand out food and supplies in Houston in a few weeks? He could organize donation efforts locally to be shipped down or sign up with the Red Cross to work on the ground getting people help. Not only does he have an accounting degree, which makes his ability to do paperwork and catalog things a strong trait, he could likely volunteer with FEMA signing people up for things like emergency housing, emergency food stamps...etc. He wants to help, here is your sign---stop grifting, getting yourself out there and help. Not only would it do some good, but he'd be able to build up credibility as a person who actually wants to help people.

Then again, this is Derrick, so it won't happen. Jeremy---it's on you dude, you're in Texas, I hope you're planning something to reach out.  

But ... that would mean WORK! He does not have time for work!

• Love 17

I had no idea it was better to grift than take out a loan.* And to think I paid for divinity school myself. I'm apparently an idiot. 

(*not that Derick needs to take out a loan for his new "ministry" as I'm sure he could afford it, but they are so strongly against debt while apparently strongly in favor of asking others to support their lifestyle choices.)

• Love 20
Just now, Kokapetl said:

He could become a CPA, and do seasonal tax preparation work for half the year to fund the missionary work he wants to undertake the other half of the year. 

Odds of that happening are probably 1:10,000. 

He could. But even during the off time there is training and hours he'd have to do and there is just no way I believe Derrick has what it takes to get and, more importantly, KEEP a CPA's license. 

• Love 5

This is really kind of sad. This program is clearly intended for younger people, maybe just out of school, and not for married people with families. Derick simply has no plan, and no idea how to formulate a plan, and probably no understanding that he might need a plan -- he's just adrift, with a wife and two kids on his little raft. He's lurching from one dead-end path to another, and the only consistant link is that other people should pay for his lifestyle choices.

He's obviously a weak individual who needs a lot of support and structure and guidance -- I hope that there is someone in this program who will mentor and counsel him. He's either getting bad advice (JB, etc.) or not listening to good advice (Cathy?).

• Love 22

Is this program full-time? I went back to school for my Master's, had a full-time job, kids, husband, classes, internship and homework and did it in a year and a half. Not that I would recommend doing that, but it can be done. Cuz, like there's 24 hours in a day and 7 of those days per week. Are Fundy days/weeks somehow shorter?

• Love 18

No, no and no. The poor people in Texas are suffering enough. Please do not send any of the Duggars to "help out" 

My home state is suffering from terrible drought and wildfires. The last thing I would want are any of the Duggars including Barney Fife Constable JD coming around offering a helping hand. They are more of a pain in the behind and a nuisance in the time of disaster. I can see them showing up with the camera crew and offering prayers instead of actually getting their hands dirty. In fact, I would love to see JB, JD, Josh, Derick, or Ben get their hands dirty by helping out the firefighters, farmers, ranchers, law enforcement officials, and people who have to leave in a hurry because the fire is too close for comfort. None of them, in my opinion, have the compassion, skills, and people skills to help others out. The only ones they want to help are themselves.

Edited by bigskygirl
19 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

No, no and no. The poor people in Texas are suffering enough. Please do not send any of the Duggars to "help out" 

My home state is suffering from terrible drought and wildfires. The last thing I would want are any of the Duggars including Barney Fife Constable JD coming around offering a helping hand. They are more of a pain in the behind and a nuisance in the time of disaster. I can see them showing up with the camera crew and offering prayers instead of actually getting their hands dirty. In fact, I would love to see JB, JD, Josh, Derick, or Ben get their hands dirty by helping out the firefighters, farmers, ranchers, law enforcement officials, and people who have leave in a hurry because the fire is too close for comfort. None of them, in my opinion, have the compassion, skills, and people skills to help others out. The only ones they want to help are themselves.

And the Duggettes would be there in long skirts and flip flops, which is dangerous and ill advised. And Jill would be pulling faces like she did in DA when having great difficulty showing empathy for a mistreated wife.

This tragedy hasn't just impacted the less affluent neighborhoods ; some of the most affluent neighborhoods are also underwater. The difference is that those who already had so little probably didn't have renters or flood insurance to replace their belongings and have lost everything. The Duggars are not qualified to render any sort of aid with their "medical thingies" and are also incapable of the empathy required to comfort those who are suffering.

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
  • Love 16
17 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I read elsewhere that wives and kids can't go on the required missioncations. How will Jilly Muffin cope? I'm sure he's allowed to live at home rather than have a roommate in an apartment somewhere near the church as everyone else (unmarried only?) is required to do. 

On the website for this training school, it it suggested that you find 10 sponsors to donate $100/mo. for the year to pay the $12000 tuition. But no, Derelict has to pander to the leghumpers rather than find "prayer partners" like he did when he went to Nepal. What a schmuck. 

No wonder he doesn't have any friends. 

Jilly Muffin could not stand to be away from Derick for more than five minutes when he was working (I say working with a straight face) at Wal Mart. No way would she allow him to have an apartment near the church with a roommate. I would have love to have been a fly on the wall when he was working at Wally World because I could imagine what his co-workers must have thought of Jilly Cling Ding As the Day is Long Muffin. I work in places where certain spouses or girlfriends/boyfriends would show up to check up on someone. I remember one fellow co-worker whose boyfriend now husband was working at the same place. She was accusing some of her fellow females of hitting on him and was following him around instead of doing her work. She and her kids would come in and ask for money, and he would be taking long breaks to spend time with her. I also think her daughter was hired at the same place. Talk about a heathen version of the Derick and Jill married life (except for the kids from other marriages and *gasp* of the heathen dating style before marriage.)

37 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

My home state is suffering from terrible drought and wildfires. The last thing I would want are any of the Duggars including Barney Fife Constable JD coming around offering a helping hand. They are more of a pain in the behind and a nuisance in the time of disaster. I can see them showing up with the camera crew and offering prayers instead of actually getting their hands dirty. In fact, I would love to see JB, JD, Josh, Derick, or Ben get their hands dirty by helping out the firefighters, farmers, ranchers, law enforcement officials, and people who have to leave in a hurry because the fire is too close for comfort. None of them, in my opinion, have the compassion, skills, and people skills to help others out. The only ones they want to help are themselves.

They will hand out Bible tracts and JB and Michelle will show pictures of their 19 children. They are too lazy to do anything else. And that goes for the sons-in-law as well. They won't do anything unless they get something out of it for themselves. 

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Shouldn't this be a job for graduates of Alert? Bwhahahahahahha.

Hmmm... I know in some cases they use prison inmates to help with fires. Match them up with the Duggars especially the boys who went to Alert. Now they would be something to film. I would love to see them use their you need God to save you because the devil took your soul over and this is why you are in prison spiel to save the heathen prisoners.

Yeah, no. Fundraising is for the typical young people doing this who don't have money. Not millionaire reality TV stars. Sad as it is, Jill can probably earn that cash in one speaking engagement. On the chance they win that multi-million dollar lawsuit, will he continue to ask for donations? 

Gross. Run a bake sale like the rest of us have to when we need to earn money for our causes. 

• Love 10
13 hours ago, Buggin said:

Yeah, no. Fundraising is for the typical young people doing this who don't have money. Not millionaire reality TV stars. Sad as it is, Jill can probably earn that cash in one speaking engagement. On the chance they win that multi-million dollar lawsuit, will he continue to ask for donations? 

Gross. Run a bake sale like the rest of us have to when we need to earn money for our causes. 

I seriously doubt they are going to get millions out of the lawsuit they filed. In the case of Derick and Jill, why not be responsible adults by getting jobs, not expecting family members to take care of their children, and not depend on others for money or file lawsuit because boohoo they might have to get off their lazy, obnoxious, know it all, narcissist, hypocritical asses and actually do some real hard work. If they spent the time they go around telling others how to live and spending their bs around working they would be ahead of the game called life/reality.

Edited by bigskygirl

The Duggars are not qualified to render any sort of aid with their "medical thingies" 

Arwen Evenstar, I am in the medical profession and I think you should be using the correct professional terminology for Jill's healthcare instrumentation.  The terminology is "medical things," as in "I went and got my medical things," not "medical thingies."  Carry on..

• Love 23
1 minute ago, WhineandCheez said:

Arwen Evenstar, I am in the medical profession and I think you should be using the correct professional terminology for Jill's healthcare instrumentation.  The terminology is "medical things," as in "I went and got my medical things," not "medical thingies."  Carry on..

Sounds like a very technical medical term to me.  :D

• Love 4
2 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

There is a very ominous sound to the phrase 'medical things.' And I'm not sure whether 'medical thingies' is better or worse.

• Love 3

Derick and Ben are constantly on Twitter and sometimes I wonder if they ever go to the trending section and see what normal people are talking about. Do they ever click on the Game of Thrones or VMAs tags and see all the mainstream fun they are missing out on? I don't think their Internet is as closely monitored as the make it out to be. 

• Love 3

Very ominous. Imagine being incapacitated and Jill is approaching with a big smile and her medical things. Time slows down as all you can do is watch in helpless horror as she kneels down and opens the bag.

• Love 22
36 minutes ago, kalamac said:

I see that Derrick still hasn't managed to grift more than $125.

The Lord works in mysteries ways.  No money for you grifter Derick.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 11

What irks me in all of this is there are people out there who are dealing with serious medical problems, and natural disasters like what is going in Texas and Montana, and he has to ask people for money for this. I am trying to figure out a way to pay for dental work which includes a sleep mouth appliance and for other dental work because the dental clinic I went to last year did not tell me I have periodontal disease and cavities. Medicaid will pay up to a certain amount, but I still have to pay out of pocket and for the one appliance, plus cover the cost of new glasses and prescription sunglasses. I am in this mess in the first place because of lousy medical care. Both of them can get off their lazy asses and work, but they expect others to save their holier than thou behinds while others struggle to pay their monthly bills and out of pocket medical expenses so they can have a decent life and suitable employment. My husband served in the Army and National Guard while his kidneys were slowly shutting down, and he worked while he was on dialysis and went back to work about eight weeks after his transplant. I am still struggling to get healthy enough to be able to find a job I can do to contribute to society. Meanwhile Mr. and Mrs. Donate Lazy Asses expect others to pay their way while I have to ask others for help to get the health care I need so I can my eyes can see half way decent due to light sensitivity issues/chronic dry eyes, and get the dental care I need so the infection in my mouth does not spread to my blood and to my heart. I know the Lord works in mysterious ways, but I am still not a happy camper that he has the darn nerve to ask for money when others deserve and need the help more than he and Jill Cling Along do.

I will now go to the Prayer Closet in order to work out the anger building up in my system and heart. The devil must be working overtime to get the anger flowing in my soul.

3 hours ago, Genevrier said:

There is a very ominous sound to the phrase 'medical things.' And I'm not sure whether 'medical thingies' is better or worse.

Probably a step above doohickies and whatsits though. Credit where it's due...

• Love 11
30 minutes ago, toodles said:

Seriously?  Go stand on the freeway ramp with the rest of the panhandlers.  These people are just the WORST.

It's photoshopped. Truth, though. No credit where it's not due. 

• Love 8
30 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

What irks me in all of this is there are people out there who are dealing with serious medical problems, and natural disasters like what is going in Texas and Montana, and he has to ask people for money for this. I am trying to figure out a way to pay for dental work which includes a sleep mouth appliance and for other dental work because the dental clinic I went to last year did not tell me I have periodontal disease and cavities. Medicaid will pay up to a certain amount, but I still have to pay out of pocket and for the one appliance, plus cover the cost of new glasses and prescription sunglasses. I am in this mess in the first place because of lousy medical care. Both of them can get off their lazy asses and work, but they expect others to save their holier than thou behinds while others struggle to pay their monthly bills and out of pocket medical expenses so they can have a decent life and suitable employment. My husband served in the Army and National Guard while his kidneys were slowly shutting down, and he worked while he was on dialysis and went back to work about eight weeks after his transplant. I am still struggling to get healthy enough to be able to find a job I can do to contribute to society. Meanwhile Mr. and Mrs. Donate Lazy Asses expect others to pay their way while I have to ask others for help to get the health care I need so I can my eyes can see half way decent due to light sensitivity issues/chronic dry eyes, and get the dental care I need so the infection in my mouth does not spread to my blood and to my heart. I know the Lord works in mysterious ways, but I am still not a happy camper that he has the darn nerve to ask for money when others deserve and need the help more than he and Jill Cling Along do.

I will now go to the Prayer Closet in order to work out the anger building up in my system and heart. The devil must be working overtime to get the anger flowing in my soul.

I'll meet you there. I have wine.

• Love 6