Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

I hope this guy was not a foot doctor. Imagine going in for an appointment and him asking you to take off your shoes and socks/pantyhose to take a look at your feet.

And the Duggar clan do like to hide behind the bible to make their point about anything or everything. To be honest about it I do not trust someone who uses the bible for their own personal gain or have to quote bible verses to make a point or throw in God and/or Jesus into everything they say or do. I do not mind it once in awhile, but some people *cough* Duggar clan and certain friends *cough* take it to the extreme. Do they actually think God sits around all day to listen to their drivel or to send them to the thrift store in order to find a good deal because he blessed them. Really... Seriously...

I will now go to the Prayer Closet. I hope God reminded himself to turn up the heat and dig a tunnel to the closet for me because he and Mother Nature sent a lovely couple of snow storms to blanket my part of the universe.

Oh my gosh, I hadn't even thought of that! LOL!!! "I'm 80 years old and have bunions...WHY ARE YOU LOOKING AT ME THAT WAY???!!!"

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Christina87 said:

HAHAHA this looks like something you'd see on fb at 2:00 in the morning and be like, "what the hell?" Then the next morning at 10:00, you'd go to show your friend and it would be gone. LOL!

YES!!!!

Exactly. It looks like a boozey post that was funny at 2am and then taken down when they sobered up!

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, Marigold said:

YES!!!!

Exactly. It looks like a boozey post that was funny at 2am and then taken down when they sobered up!

Hopefully they haven't both gotten used to whatever pain meds Derick might have had for his dental work...Or anything that Jill might have been prescribed post-Sam. I know there's a lot more awareness these days about potentially problematic prescriptions (oh, the letter "P") and whether people might be prone to addictive behaviors, but on the other hand, just how top-notch have most of the medical practitioners we've seen around them been?

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

To be fair, that cake appears to be Cathy's doing...it was probably done to draw Izzy and Sam into the celebration, and I suppose it could be somewhat appropriate in that context. It even looks as though they might have helped with the sprinkles.

Jim Bob and Michelle always decorated the house with the Happy Birthday jazz.  The messy signs hung over the banisters etc. 

yeah, the cake is all cathy. 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, emma675 said:

Are Dreck's teeth somehow worse lately? His front teeth seem wildly off center, like they're not even close to being under his nose (where I think most people's teeth are usually). 

The top half and the bottom half of Derwood's face go in different directions. The big set of teeth is an unfortunate bridge between the two. 

• Love 2

I think Derick is bored in Arkansas and wants to live abroad again. I think that’s why he’s lurking around the international students. They’re the closest he can get. I have friends who spent a semester abroad 20 years ago, who are still waxing poetically about when they “lived” in Spain. 

Given the amount of time he spends on social media, I have no doubt that Derick is likely envious of the lifestyles of some of his college classmates.  Oh well. It’s his own fault. Had he not been in such a rush to create this readymade relationship with this stunted girl, he may have made a decent candidate for the Foreign Service or the Peace Corps. Well, if he weren’t so ignorant and filled with googly-eyed toothsome hate. He should’ve sought out an academic or career advisor rather than some undereducated reality show “prayer partner.” 

I think you're right about all of this, but the "had he not been in such a rush" statement made me think.

Perhaps Derick is simply impatient and unwilling to put in the time/effort needed to reach his goals.

He did, after all, marry Jill after a few months of a Skype relationship. Maybe he was infatuated, or maybe this was simply an easy way to get a girl without putting in too much time and effort.

I thought (and I think others did, too) that Derick took the SOS job because he wanted out of AR and it was clear that Jilly-Muffin would never be able to get the credits necessary to become a real Baptist missionary. I wonder, though, if perhaps he took the job because he saw it as a shortcut. He would have been working at WalMart and taking classes at night for YEARS to fulfill the requirements. Maybe he thought SOS would allow him to avoid all that work, and move "abroad" right away.

He's taking this one year program at Cross Church which really won't provide him with any actual credentials for any position in the church -- it might be valuable on top of some other accreditation, or for someone who wanted to serve in some part-time capacity at their own church on top of their regular full-time job, but there is nothing there that would qualify him for a full-time church position. Maybe he's just taking it because it only lasts a year, and it looks like he's doing something, and then maybe he can scam some more money out of some more people and go and do a "mission" on his own.

Maybe what we're seeing right now is depression, or some other mental illness, or maybe he has always been lazy and unable or unwilling to focus and work on his presentation before presenting it to the public in the form of sermons, tweets, posts, etc.

• Love 17
12 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Hopefully they haven't both gotten used to whatever pain meds Derick might have had for his dental work...Or anything that Jill might have been prescribed post-Sam. I know there's a lot more awareness these days about potentially problematic prescriptions (oh, the letter "P") and whether people might be prone to addictive behaviors, but on the other hand, just how top-notch have most of the medical practitioners we've seen around them been?

I wonder if there's ANY way they are drinking. Maybe some of his college buddies don't see it as a sin. Maybe he even had a sip or two when he was a college student himself! I never saw jill wearing pants, so her drinking wouldn't be a million percent out of the question. Jeremy has said (I think?) that having a glass of wine every now and then isn't a sin. Maybe they had one drink at Olive Garden and got buzzed because they're such lightweights!

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

A lot of young people Derick's age seem to want to rush things without doing the work necessary for th credentials. Jeremy and Bin included.

Yes, a lot of people have no sense of paying their dues. I'm not sure if it's an age thing so much, though. I see it most often in people with parents who had to struggle. It's as if they think because their parents had it hard once upon a time that that struggle transfers to them and they don't have to work as hard as everyone else. 

I don't think Derick is unhappy with Jill at all or with Arkansas specifically. I do think he really wants to be a missionary and a leader and thought he would be there by now, but doesn't want to put in the grunt work for the former and can't accept that he doesn't have the innate gifts required for the latter. So now he's screaming at the top of his lungs trying to lead us lost sheep and it's driving him nuts that we're not listening. 

• Love 10

These two just keep getting stranger and stranger.  That foot picture is disgusting and not modest in the least I wonder if JB is cringing or maybe now she is no longer under his headship he just doesn't give a crap.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Mya said:

That foot picture is disgusting and not modest in the least I wonder if JB is cringing or maybe now she is no longer under his headship he just doesn't give a crap.

He humped his wife on a golf course on TV. I don't think he gets to judge...

• Love 20

How will Der make money for his family?

Isn't he already living in a Dugg owned house?

Are they taking all their meals at the Duggar communal trough or buying steaks from their past TLC show checks?

Der is too proud to...

Work manual labor in JimBlob Enterprises

Go back to accounting at Walmart

Apologize to Jazz and TLC to get back on the show

So he will have to work at...

Foot massage spa

Writing his memoirs...From Pistol Pete to Duggar In Law OutLaw

H+R Block hiring seasonal accountants for the upcoming tax season rush.

BTW, what is Jill wearing in the footsie pix?

An upside down sweat shirt  that she shoved her legs through?

Weird poo colored fleece pants with torn cuffs?

or a blanket tucked around her bare legs and torso?

Ick.

• Love 9

Did anyone yell “Nike!” when they saw Mimi’s defrauding outfit?  Pants, bare arms and an “eye trap” necklace to boot?  

And why have we not heard of Mimi before if they love her so much?  Was she at the wedding?  

Lord these people SMH. 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Christina87 said:

I wonder if there's ANY way they are drinking. Maybe some of his college buddies don't see it as a sin. Maybe he even had a sip or two when he was a college student himself! I never saw jill wearing pants, so her drinking wouldn't be a million percent out of the question. Jeremy has said (I think?) that having a glass of wine every now and then isn't a sin. Maybe they had one drink at Olive Garden and got buzzed because they're such lightweights!

They're not allowed to drink alcohol in the Cross Church program. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

He's taking this one year program at Cross Church which really won't provide him with any actual credentials for any position in the church -- it might be valuable on top of some other accreditation, or for someone who wanted to serve in some part-time capacity at their own church on top of their regular full-time job, but there is nothing there that would qualify him for a full-time church position. Maybe he's just taking it because it only lasts a year, and it looks like he's doing something, and then maybe he can scam some more money out of some more people and go and do a "mission" on his own.

Derick has taken online courses with Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Fort Worth, Texas, in Bible/Biblical Studies.  Under a partnership agreement with the Cross Church School of Ministry, Derick can receive up to 18 hours of credit toward a bachelors or masters degree in "local church ministry" for taking the course at the church.

At the church school, Derick wanted to be on the Missions track, but the school president Dr. Jeff Crawford wouldn't allow him and put him on the track working with international college students instead.  He told Derick that it was a better way for him to proselytize, because he could reach people from many nations without traveling or learning a foreign language.

Derick definitely doesn't want to be a church pastor, because the church school has a track for "men who are called to church planting in North America" and the $12,000 tuition would have been paid for by the Baptist North American Missions Board. 

Still, Derick dances in his dreams to be an international missionary.  However, he has failed to convert people in Central America and international students in Arkansas.  There are only five more months for him to find converts at the University.  If he doesn't demonstrate some success, I think it is doubtful that a reputable organization will offer him a salaried missionary position when the course finishes in July.

• Love 14
34 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Right there with you, @toodles.  Peepaw, that is just weird & wrong.

Wonder if it might be a name one of the kids came up with spontaneously. Among my family and acquaintance I've noticed that tiny barely-able-to-talk-yet kids sometimes spontaneously invent bad names for bad people, crazy names for crazy people, etc. .... Such as "Gaggy" for the worst person in one family. "Buggy" for the nutso mean person in another family. .... It's nice for the adults, who can enjoy these names while honestly being able to say that, hey, they didn't come up with them. It's just cute kid language. Out of the mouths of babes, however .... 

I could definitely go with something like that for Jizm Boob. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 3
On 12/24/2017 at 11:25 PM, Quilt Fairy said:

Derick's "Thanksgiving with an American family" sounds exactly like Miss Cathy's "Free music lessons for children with incarcerated parents".  Classic bait and switch.

Wait, this woman is teaching ESL? 

Ahold is a word. In this context, it's used correctly. 

32 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Wonder if it might be a name one of the kids came up with spontaneously. Among my family and acquaintance I've noticed that tiny barely-able-to-talk-yet kids sometimes spontaneously invent bad names for bad people, crazy names for crazy people, etc. .... Such as "Gaggy" for the worst person in one family. "Buggy" for the nutso mean person in another family. .... It's nice for the adults, who can enjoy these names while honestly being able to say that, hey, they didn't come up with them. It's just cute kid language. Out of the mouths of babes, however .... 

I'm guessing you're right. I think Prince William called Queen Elizabeth, Gary. If that's the case I suggest that Jill go with a different spelling. Maybe P-Pa or something.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

They're not allowed to drink alcohol in the Cross Church program. 

These two are so f'ing whackadoodle, how would anyone know they were drinking/drunk or just being 'them'?  

Mimi reminds me of Jazz's grandma, especially with the hair.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

That would be perfect for Boob, now that you mention it!  Or his firstborn, when his kids start having kids.  But PervPaw might suit Joshley better!!

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

Israel is tall!

Seriously.  The kid looks like he's 5 or 6.

8 hours ago, Mollie said:

He told Derick that it was a better way for him to proselytize, because he could reach people from many nations without traveling or learning a foreign language

So, no hardship or education involved.  I bet Derick was like, "Sign me UP!"

• Love 11
On 12/28/2017 at 5:32 PM, Jeanne222 said:

I did not know...they moved from the big house to a duplex?  

It doesn't look like a duplex to me and I don't think they are renting it.  In the last season of the Counting On show, Jill was looking for a house to buy.  She said that they needed a permanent place for their stuff when they were in the missionary field and a place in Arkansas to come home to when they were on one of their many vacations from missionary land.  So I think they actually own that house where they are living now.  Jill obviously had money saved up from all her years on TV, just like her older siblings.  Jessa owns a house, Jinger owns a house, John David owns a house, Josh owns a house, Jana owns commercial property, and Joy owns a house.  Except for Jinger's house, Jill's house looks like it is in the same price range of the properties her other siblings bought, presumably without a mortgage.  If I am right, Jill and Derick probably own the house in the name of a trust, which means you can't find it just by searching for their names in property data bases.   

• Love 3
43 minutes ago, Mollie said:

It doesn't look like a duplex to me and I don't think they are renting it.  In the last season of the Counting On show, Jill was looking for a house to buy.  She said that they needed a permanent place for their stuff when they were in the missionary field and a place in Arkansas to come home to when they were on one of their many vacations from missionary land.  So I think they actually own that house where they are living now.  Jill obviously had money saved up from all her years on TV, just like her older siblings.  Jessa owns a house, Jinger owns a house, John David owns a house, Josh owns a house, Jana owns commercial property, and Joy owns a house.  Except for Jinger's house, Jill's house looks like it is in the same price range of the properties her other siblings bought, presumably without a mortgage.  If I am right, Jill and Derick probably own the house in the name of a trust, which means you can't find it just by searching for their names in property data bases.   

The address links back to a duplex complex owned by a third-party conglomerate.  Similar properties inside are advertised on their website with rents included.  Derick and Jill do not own the property they are living at.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, saylubee said:

The address links back to a duplex complex owned by a third-party conglomerate.  Similar properties inside are advertised on their website with rents included.  Derick and Jill do not own the property they are living at.

An unidentified LLC owns it. I suspect it traces back to Cross Church. Ben and Jessa don't have their house in a trust; for the amount that the property is worth, it's not necessary. 

Derick would have also mentioned a mortgage rather than rent if they owned that place. 

tl;dr They're definitely renting.

• Love 6
On 12/30/2017 at 7:34 AM, ginger90 said:

That cake looks like your face and teeth would be stained for a while after eating it.

Not to mention some surprises in the toilet.

On 12/30/2017 at 0:54 PM, dargosmydaddy said:

He humped his wife on a golf course on TV. I don't think he gets to judge...

That would t stop the Duggars in the least from judging others.  Their married Hey, Hey, Hey is more godly than any of ours after all.

On 12/30/2017 at 1:43 PM, ginger90 said:

Is that the first wash Sammy gets after his blowout was captured for posterity?

• Love 13

I just read a bad review if Derick on the cross church college bf page - from November.  Has it been posted here? I am on my iPad and can't really copy the link.  It is from a woman who claimed to have worked with Derwin.

> Good Christians know that we are all God's creations and thereby all acceptable and loved (no matter what race, religion, gender or sexual orientation they are). Additionally, anyone with any education would know that a business does not generally pay people to spout hate and intolerance. Businesses - whether it be TLC, IBM, Apple, Google, Ford, GM, Toyota, Intel, Proctor and Gamble, Verizon, etc - can hire and fire who they want based on which employees will make them money. There is no expectation that a business give a sounding board to religious preaching or hatred or bullying. If Derick and the Duggars wants to do that - it is fine but how does a Christian church reconcile his hatred and bullying with Jesus's message to love thy neighbor? His tweets and preaching sound more in line with a right wing group such as the neo-nazis.

> Derick (and tereby C# who he represents) is nauseating. As his current sponsor, you must surely be aware that he was pushed to resign from Walmart as he was totally unproductive - constantly complaining about women in the workplace (their business suits caused him to have sexual desires which he had difficulty controlling) and/or trying to convert other employees. He was then let go by SOS not only because he failed to learn Spanish (after a 6 month intensive course) but because he used the pulpit to bully and condemn others versus reaching out in kindness and accepting them as it. Both Walmart and SOS are very conservative entities but neither could tolerate him as he accomplished nothing, did not do the tasks assigned, and had a God complex where he thought God had delegated him to judge and condemn. The same goes, though, for the rest of your family who spout hate against Catholics (who you call pagans), and who proclaim that Jews and Muslims will go to hell as salvation is achieved by proclaiming belief and has nothing to do with your good works (so a child molester like Josh Duggar and the Las Vegas murderer who did proclaim his belief in Jesus will go to heaven). This is all offensive. I do not want my college age son and daughter to go anywhere near C3.

"I work there :) I am a tax CPA and he was below me since he never passed the CPA exam. He had a real problem having a woman above him - often refusing to do tasks ordered. When his reviews were not positive - he blamed it on the sexual distractions in the workplace (as women were allowed to wear pants suits and or dresses/skirts that came to the top of the knee)"

Sorry if a repost. Interesting if true. I'd go with 10% chance he had a DA lover murdered, now.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 23
4 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

I just read a bad review if Derick on the cross church college bf page - from November.  Has it been posted here? I am on my iPad and can't really copy the link.  It is from a woman who claimed to have worked with Derwin.

Sorry if a repost. Interesting if true. I'd go with 10% chance he had a DA liver murdered, now.

Very Interesting and so telling.  I wonder what Jill thought of his "urges".

• Love 8