Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Chris Knight

Jill & Derick Dullard: Counting On (Donations)

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

Said MOTY left her micropremie for whom she didn’t know would live or die to record a robocall to stoke fear about transgendered individuals who just wanted to pee in peace. 

Michelle did the robocall in August 2014. Josie was born in December 2009. By then she was 4.5 years old and she seemed most likely to live.  They had already been on television since 2007. For someone experienced in doing voiceovers/talking heads etc., it would take an hour or two (maybe less) and she probably wasn't too far from the TTH. I agree that the robocall was mean-spirited and ill-advised, and unfair to transgendered individuals. I disagree that Josie was in particular danger and that her mother should never leave for any reason.  (I probably would be more worried about Josie than Michelle is, but then I'm a worrier and Michelle is not.)

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

Didn’t Michelle leave baby Josie in the hospital to attend a liquor control board hearing?  I don’t believe Josie was anywhere near out of the woods at that point.

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

One of the theories within developmental psychology touches upon attachment theory, which reflects the nature of the attachment formed between the child and the caregiver. IMO, Izzy seems to be developing an insecure ambivalent attachment style. 

http://www.essentialparenting.com/2010/05/22/the-forms-of-attachment/

"Ambivalent attachment (5-15% of low risk samples)
In the SS (Strange Situation - see Mary Ainsworth), these infants were more alert of the whereabouts of mother while playing. They were very upset when she left the room, immediately went to her upon return and got very clingy. Their behavior upon reunion alternated between outbursts of anger and going limp, and in either case the infant was not soothed by the presence of the caregiver even if the mother was seen to be caring and emotionally available.

In these homes, the mother was inconsistently available for the infant, and when she was available she was often pre-occupied and un-attuned to the infant in her responses. These infants were the most anxious, clingy, and demanding at home.

The likely internal working model here is “even if mom is available physically, she will likely not be able to soothe me.” These infants respond by “over-activating” their attachment system."

On the other hand, Spurgeon and Henry seem to have a secure attachment style. Not sure about Sam - he could go the way of Izzy or it could be different.

I'm thinking Izzy (and Sam) fall a tad closer to avoidant attachment if using an attachment theory lens.  Neither child seem to have genuine emotional responses in the videos we've seen. It's hard to know though because we've never really seen how either parent responds when the boys are distressed. Although from what we've seen neither Derick or Jill score highly in the intuitive parent category. And if we throw in the baby burrito pics of infant Izzy, we go down a completely different path.

From the glimpses Jill and Derick have chosen to show us, I'd give them low marks in parenting. I really want to think Jill & Derick are unaware idiots when posting videos of 'milestones' and have no clue to the family image they're portraying. Then again, that they chose these moments to post could also be telling.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/23/2018 at 6:22 PM, MamaMax said:

 

Hmmmm. I really wonder how much Dreck is isolating Jilly Muffin from the rest of the cult, I mean family. Seems like a no brainer to have one of her brothers do it

Cause they would probably do a bad job....I’ll see myself out 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, Zahdii said:

As I recall, one of the doctors treating Josie flew back with them when she was released, ostensibly because he had relatives he suddenly decided to visit, but I also wonder if he was terrified of Me-shell wandering off the plane without the baby.

I think the thing was that Josie could not be medically cleared to return home unless X amount of time elasped or a doctor flew with them. They opted for the latter. I always assumed TLC footed the bill.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, Temperance said:

Michelle did the robocall in August 2014. Josie was born in December 2009. By then she was 4.5 years old and she seemed most likely to live.  They had already been on television since 2007. For someone experienced in doing voiceovers/talking heads etc., it would take an hour or two (maybe less) and she probably wasn't too far from the TTH. I agree that the robocall was mean-spirited and ill-advised, and unfair to transgendered individuals. I disagree that Josie was in particular danger and that her mother should never leave for any reason.  (I probably would be more worried about Josie than Michelle is, but then I'm a worrier and Michelle is not.)

Michelle left Josie at a week old and facing surgery to go to Springdale to protest a local convenience store's license to sell beer and wine (she lost). This is well-documented. 

  • Like 23

Share this post


Link to post
42 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Michelle left Josie at a week old and facing surgery to go to Springdale to protest a local convenience store's license to sell beer and wine (she lost). This is well-documented. 

She didn't go to Springdale.  She went somewhere in Little Rock.  The commission met in Little Rock albeit to discuss a Springdale store.   The story about her going back to Springdale has been debunked repeatedly.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Oh, I didn't realize the hearing was in Little Rock. Thanks for the correction. The fact remains that little micropremie Josie was having surgery while MOTY was off on a crusade. 

Edited by Sew Sumi · Reason: Autocorrect strikes again
  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Oh, I didn't realize the hearing was in Little Rock. Thanks for the correction. The fact remains that little micropremie Josie was having surgery while MOTY was off on a crusade. 

I can’t believe I’m going to white knight at all for Michelle, but you can’t stay in the NICU 24/7.  When my youngest was in the NICU, there was about 6 hours a day that any visitor was not allowed.  We were supposed to meet with one of her doctors during quiet hours and he had walk with us into the NICU because we were not allowed in by ourselves.  If any kind of open medical procedure is done on any baby bedside (a lot of surgeries were performed directly in the NICU) no visitors were allowed that day at all.  We would get calls every morning to tell us if the NICU would be open and what the hours for the day were.  I can’t say what Josie and Michelle’s circumstances were at the time, but I can’t fault Michelle for not being there 24/7.  If she wanted to take her downtime to protest the alcohol hearing, eh that’s stupid and not what I would do but I can’t blame her for taking downtime.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/26/2018 at 10:00 AM, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Dammit guys, now I’m reading @mynextmistake‘s posts in Stewie’s voice too ???

You and me both! I keep thinking of the early episodes of Family Guy where Stewie is always trying to kill Lois. @mynextmistake's posts sound just like that! Not too mention, they are hilairous!

Edited by Madtown
  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Lol, I read it in Stewie's voice as well. I'm half expecting Sammy to refer to his parents as "Jill and the Skinny Man."

More like the horror character the slender man...

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

Day 438. I continue my efforts to escape from the hovel in which my captors have imprisoned me. Last week, while eating my meager portion of undercooked chunks of sweet potato, I noticed a small vent over the dining room table. During my next exercise interval, I managed to reach the top of the table several times by using a curiously small motor vehicle as a stepstool. Alas, each time, the male guard caught me before I could scale the wall and remove the vent cover. It was most vexing. My captors then punished me by allowing my fellow captive, Yaaay, to chase me around the exercise yard with a sharp metal implement and taunt me with chunks of fruit picked off the filthy floor. The female guard filmed this interaction, undoubtedly for use in yet another of their propaganda videos. It is becoming increasingly difficult for me to maintain my air of cheerful compliance in the face of such indignities. I do find small ways to rebel against my captors, such as switching the labels on the soups in the pantry and then listening with glee as the perplexed female guard wonders why none of her recipes look like their Pinterest photos. It is these moments of defiance that make my time here tolerable. For now, I must return this journal to its hiding place lest one of the guards find it. Instead of the crisper drawer, which made its pages damp and musty, I now place it amongst the cleaning supplies, where I have no fear of it being discovered.  

 

4 hours ago, Madtown said:

You and me both! I keep thinking of the early episodes of Family Guy where Stewie is always trying to kill Lois's @mynextmistake's posts sound just like that! Not too mention, they are hilairous!

This all gives me life.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

Jill is too damn pathetic, she entered Alyssa's gift card giveaway. According to the her bio in the Bates Family page Bizz is Alyssa's childhood nickname but who the hell even calls her that anymore.

Screenshot_20181026-123213.thumb.jpg.5b96bca586bf4ecd609c3c0487156cd2.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Lunera said:

Jill is too damn pathetic, she entered Alyssa's gift card giveaway. According to the her bio in the Bates Family page Bizz is Alyssa's childhood nickname but who the hell even calls her that anymore.

Screenshot_20181026-123213.thumb.jpg.5b96bca586bf4ecd609c3c0487156cd2.jpg

What an awkward comment. Super nice of her? Like Alyssa personally bought those gift cards herself (sarcasm), lol. "How nice of you to use your IG for business promotions". Jesus God Jill get a damn clue. Im not even touching her entering that giveaway herself lol

  • Like 22

Share this post


Link to post

This is super random, but I saw that Cathy attended some conference where Lisa Whelchel was speaking, and Jill liked it. She must just blindly like everything, because what would she know about Lisa? No way was she ever allowed to watch the facts of life!!!

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

This is super random, but I saw that Cathy attended some conference where Lisa Whelchel was speaking, and Jill liked it. She must just blindly like everything, because what would she know about Lisa? No way was she ever allowed to watch the facts of life!!!

From wiki:

When Whelchel was ten years old, she became a born-again Christian and has devoted her life to her Christian faith.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ChiCricket said:

From wiki:

When Whelchel was ten years old, she became a born-again Christian and has devoted her life to her Christian faith.

And got a D-I-V-O-R-C-E

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

And got a D-I-V-O-R-C-E

I'm not Christian anymore, but I do know a lot of divorced practicing ones.  I guess I don't know any fundies if they're that horrified of it.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Christina87 said:

This is super random, but I saw that Cathy attended some conference where Lisa Whelchel was speaking, and Jill liked it. She must just blindly like everything, because what would she know about Lisa? No way was she ever allowed to watch the facts of life!!!

Blair Warner?!? Oh brother ?

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 6:53 PM, JoanArc said:

Jesus=Alcohol, for them.

They would see that as a GOOD thing. "I'm addicted to Jesus, I eat, breathe, sleep Jesus all the time" = "I'm a stunningly wonderful Christlike parent." When in reality it means totally inconsistent, inattentive, and unaffectionate.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I've known a few divorced fundies. It's almost always spun as being the other party's fault--they are completely innocent and were either blindsided or had reasonable cause to file for divorce. This does not stop them from being nasty and judgmental about other people's divorces.

My parents had an incredibly bitter divorce when I was a kid. One of the biggest assholes about it was a divorced Pentecostal pastor. This bastard was crazy enough to drink bleach to demonstrate his faith--I am not making that up or engaging in hyperbole--and his first wife divorced him because he was such an overbearing control freak, but he wanted to give my dad shit and not pray for our family when my dad and my drug addict mother were separating. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/22/2018 at 8:56 PM, Misslindsey said:

Uh.....small voice.....I may have picked up a cookie off the floor and ate it. Only my floor though, because I know how clean it is. I definitely would not it a cut up banana off the floor, because it seems like a type of food that can collect a lot of debris.

This is me. If my floor is clean (and it's not always b/c I have 3 cats and a full time job), I will eat a cookie or something dry that I can brush off. But I don't care how clean my floor is, I'm not eating anything sticky or soft off the floor.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

From wiki:

When Whelchel was ten years old, she became a born-again Christian and has devoted her life to her Christian faith.

She's also one of those 'instant obedience' parents that uses abusive control over her kids. She said in an interview that her kids have to ask to go to the toilet, and sometimes she says no and makes them wait, to remind them she's the boss, and there are times they'll be out in public, and she'll command them to stop walking and do something like take off their jacket, and if they dare argue, they get punished.

Cathy was probably picking up tips to pass on for controlling Izzy and Sam.

  • Like 24

Share this post


Link to post
55 minutes ago, kalamac said:

She's also one of those 'instant obedience' parents that uses abusive control over her kids. She said in an interview that her kids have to ask to go to the toilet, and sometimes she says no and makes them wait,

Isn't she the person who hot sauced her kids tongue?

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Jenilane6 said:

Isn't she the person who hot sauced her kids tongue?

Yes, IIRC she got a lot of backlash and amended to say to check with their State CPS if it was acceptable.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

"I will be giving away one gift card to 28 individual people."

Just wondering how far one card will go when divided among 28 individual people?  And what are individual people, anyway?  These people are incredibly stupid.

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, magpye29 said:

"I will be giving away one gift card to 28 individual people."

Just wondering how far one card will go when divided among 28 individual people?  And what are individual people, anyway?  These people are incredibly stupid.

Alyssa is the one who, as an adult, shockingly did not know the compass directions when the family was playing a game of pictionary. I mean, North, South, East, West--she got every single one wrong. That scene really disabused me of any illusions that Kelly was better in the homeschooling department than Michelle.

  • Like 24

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/26/2018 at 12:37 AM, mynextmistake said:

Day 438. I continue my efforts to escape from the hovel in which my captors have imprisoned me. Last week, while eating my meager portion of undercooked chunks of sweet potato, I noticed a small vent over the dining room table. During my next exercise interval, I managed to reach the top of the table several times by using a curiously small motor vehicle as a stepstool. Alas, each time, the male guard caught me before I could scale the wall and remove the vent cover. It was most vexing. My captors then punished me by allowing my fellow captive, Yaaay, to chase me around the exercise yard with a sharp metal implement and taunt me with chunks of fruit picked off the filthy floor. The female guard filmed this interaction, undoubtedly for use in yet another of their propaganda videos. It is becoming increasingly difficult for me to maintain my air of cheerful compliance in the face of such indignities. I do find small ways to rebel against my captors, such as switching the labels on the soups in the pantry and then listening with glee as the perplexed female guard wonders why none of her recipes look like their Pinterest photos. It is these moments of defiance that make my time here tolerable. For now, I must return this journal to its hiding place lest one of the guards find it. Instead of the crisper drawer, which made its pages damp and musty, I now place it amongst the cleaning supplies, where I have no fear of it being discovered.  

This is gold!!! I'm laughing like a loon! If I could like this a million times, I would! Keep the stories coming! 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

The newest installment of "Cooking with Jilly" 

It looks just as bad as all her other beige foods. This one gagged me. Bletch. 

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post

Did she throw up over it?

What does the recipe say? Can one of you take it for the team and post? I'm not giving her my clicks.

Edit, does anyone else also keep googling Jill Dullard and wonder why nothing comes up or is it just me?

Edited by MunichNark
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, QuinnInND said:

The newest installment of "Cooking with Jilly" 

Somehow I doubt she even owns a cast iron skillet. You must know how to take care of them.

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post

Happy Saturday, people!

 

Hackel Apple Crisp Recipe

Oct 27, 2018 | Recipes | 1 

This simple apple crisp is the perfect way to welcome fall into your home! Our friend’s, the Hackels, gave us this recipe several years ago.

 

Makes one 9×13″ pan, or equivalent

Base layer:

8-10 med. apples (cored and sliced or cubed. Peel if preferred.)

2 T. water

 

Top layer:

1 C. white sugar

3/4 C. flour

1 (1/2 C.) stick butter (room temp.)

 

Core and slice (or cube) apples. Place apples and water in bowl and sprinkle generously with cinnamon. Stir with spoon. Place in pan. In a separate bowl, add sugar, flour and room temp. butter. Mix with fork until crumbly. Pour on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 min. Enjoy!

Note: We love to serve this hot with a side of vanilla ice cream! It’s good by itself too though.

CFE01975-ADD3-497B-B0FA-0BA06FC428CC.jpeg

AE086A6E-97B4-42D5-BE44-71BB90C12CE3.jpeg

D79852B8-67BB-4705-97C9-7793F8FAC552.jpeg

A2F76D31-BFC4-4A61-9CAB-0959B70F9FA7.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×