Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

?

Derick is an idiot. The theme wasn't high school stereotypes it's Riverdale, a popular teen show. I'm surprised he didn't have a problem with the guys wearing the girls cheerleading costume. Screenshot_20181106-123135.thumb.jpg.a64021c765cf3cf8620c8543ac7e3077.jpg

• Love 15
6 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Jill voted twice? This post is from May 22.

We've had two (?) special elections in my city this year. One really important one to vote on a new high school was in April I think. (I'm so bad) So it could be she was voting in a special election in May.

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Does she not understand that “merica” has a very negative connotation???

I'm sure she does not understand that. It does seem appropriate coming from her, though. And no, that's not a compliment.

Edited by jcbrown
over-quoted the first time
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Lunera said:

?

Derick is an idiot. The theme wasn't high school stereotypes it's Riverdale, a popular teen show. I'm surprised he didn't have a problem with the guys wearing the girls cheerleading costume. Screenshot_20181106-123135.thumb.jpg.a64021c765cf3cf8620c8543ac7e3077.jpg

Law school students dressing up for spirit week?  Does that seem odd to anyone else? Where did Dreck get that expensive letterman's jacket?  Oh, wait, did he go to Rogers High School or something like that?

I guess I've continued to dress up for Halloween parties for all of my adult life, but this just surprises me for graduate school students.

• Love 19
3 hours ago, Lunera said:

?

Where's clingy wife Jill?

• Love 3
On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 10:19 PM, mynextmistake said:

Check out the JD and Abbie thread for context. Oh, and this is the last one i’ll be able to do for a while, so enjoy!

Day 496. Today was a very curious day. I was removed from my cell only slightly after dawn by the female guard. After serving a breakfast “casserole” tasting of canned soup and sadness, she and the male guard loaded Yaaay and I into the car and secured us in our restraints. Based on the clothing with which we were provided, I assumed we were to spend the day toiling in one of the nearby chicken yards. However, when Yaaay asked them about our intended destination, the male guard said we were going to a wedding in a neighboring fiefdom called “Oklahoma.”

After a very long journey, during which our male guard prattled incessantly about the years he spent in Oklahoma cavorting on a field in a giant fiberglass head, we stopped briefly at an establishment my captors called “Chick fill it.” They ordered a large paper sack of fried food, the dregs of which they fed to Yaaay and I without freeing us from our restraints. Oh, how I long for a green vegetable, or a piece of fruit that does not come from a can of sugary syrup! After finishing their peasant’s repast, the male guard continued to drive and in a short time we arrived at a large building filled with other captives and their guards. The wedding itself, a curious spectacle in which two people stood on an altar while an old man discussed their reproductive plans with the audience, took only a few moments. I looked for opportunities to escape, but none were forthcoming. 

Our captors then put us back into the car and drove us to another location. It appeared to be a large garage decorated with crepe paper and photos of the man and woman from the altar. As I stood watching the male guard eat from a plate of fried meat and donuts, I noticed an airplane parked outside the garage. The female guard said that it was the vehicle in which the couple from the altar were leaving for their honeymoon. At last I saw my chance! If I could manage to secret myself in the cargo hold, I could accompany them to their destination and sneak away unseen. I started making my way toward the plane, mentally calculating the amount of torque I would need to apply to the lug nuts on the cargo hold in order to open the door. I was almost to freedom when I was rudely seized by an unfamiliar male guard who smelled of Axe body spray and desperation. He proceeded to physically restrain me for several minutes while requesting passers by to take our photograph, undoubtedly for use in yet another propaganda piece. He then insisted on returning me to the male and female guard, who returned me to the vehicle and put me back in my restraints for the long drive back to thr wretched hovel in which I am imprisoned. Once we arrived, I was immediately returned to my cell, where I finished this entry. I will now hide this journal inside the vegetable steamer in the kitchen, where I can trust it will lay safely until I can take it up again.

That was awesome! 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

Law school students dressing up for spirit week?  Does that seem odd to anyone else? Where did Dreck get that expensive letterman's jacket?  Oh, wait, did he go to Rogers High School or something like that?

I guess I've continued to dress up for Halloween parties for all of my adult life, but this just surprises me for graduate school students.

Seems expensive to me too. 

• Love 2
15 hours ago, ginger90 said:

He’s very busy! ?

2 pictures

Not to rag on her appearance too much, but Jill looks kind of harsh in that first pic. How stressful must life with Derick be for her to already have that many lines under her eyes at her age? Here's a tip, Jill: sunscreen is your friend.

• Love 4
19 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Jill voted twice? This post is from May 22.

Maybe they were voting for types of Doritos at Piggly Wiggly

11 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

If Derick wanted to emulate James Dean/Fonzie/male Grease characters etc. from the 50s, he should have lost the vest and worn blue jeans instead of those black pants he wore. Bonus points if he included a leather jacket. 

Otherwise, with his current outfit he looks more like Duckie from Pretty in Pink. 

Don’t be dissing Ducky!!!

• Love 7
4 hours ago, graefin said:

Not to rag on her appearance too much, but Jill looks kind of harsh in that first pic. How stressful must life with Derick be for her to already have that many lines under her eyes at her age? Here's a tip, Jill: sunscreen is your friend.

Jill acts and writes like a ( poorly educated) teenager so I think that we all forget she is 27!! Almost 30! I am 30 and I have some wrinkles around my eyes ( especially when smiling) now as well. She probably isn't wearing makeup and yeah probably wasn't using a ton of suncreen growing up. But I know people who are around my age who have similar lines.  Mine look worse when I am tired/dehydrated ect. 

It is more jarring on her because she simply just acts and dresses way younger than she is.

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 12
13 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

If Derick wanted to emulate James Dean/Fonzie/male Grease characters etc. from the 50s, he should have lost the vest and worn blue jeans instead of those black pants he wore. Bonus points if he included a leather jacket. 

Otherwise, with his current outfit he looks more like Duckie from Pretty in Pink. 

Derrick is an idiot.

The uniform/costume for a Greaser/Teddy Boy is a white t-shirt, jeans, and slicked back hair (and like you said, @madpsych78, a leather jacket is perfect to top it off). 

Source: Have watched Grease a bazillion times & seen it performed several times.  Watched Happy Days in syndication as a kid.  Read numerous cultural studies and anthropological/sociological works about the Teddy Boys.  Also, my father was a greaser (see his sophomore picture from his high school yearbook).

dadsophomorehs.jpg

The jacket is borrowed...he showed up to school that day in the white t-shirt and jeans.  The staff convinced him to wear the jacket (he was one of the few young men not in a suit jacket in their high school yearbook that year). 

ETA: Pic/yearbook is from late 1950s.

• Love 21

I believe this is the first time I laughed out loud at a post of Derick’s. This was a response by him under the Instagram pictures of students in “costume”. (The people he chooses to respond to are interesting, note the name, and just imagine what posts by this person are like!!)

derickdillard

@duggarbreeders we get points for participating (students 1 point, professors 3 points), I’m competitive, our section won, we got donuts in class last week as our prize! So I’d say it was worth it :)

• Love 8
On 11/5/2018 at 12:18 PM, dariafan said:

wins

On 11/5/2018 at 12:18 PM, dariafan said:

Do you really think she can grasp Monopoly?

Sorry I can't get rid of the extrabecause I can spell.neous quotes. I only meant to ask if the Duggar kids actually played board games. Gothard seemed against sports and competition, so maybe Jill never played  board games. A shame really, I remember my family had Saturday game nights sometimes Monopoly or the game of Life, sometimes Poker or Hearts...

Spoiler
Spoiler

Edited by Catlyn