Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I know Izzy meant well, but I was terrified he was going to accidentally poke Sam in the eye with that fork. 

Even the pieces of banana that Jill cut off were still too big for a one year-old.

I don't blame Izzy either..... 

• Love 10
58 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

Izzy was saying, "HURRY" to Sammy when he was trying to feed him the piece that fell on the floor.  I wonder if Jill taught him the "10 second rule!"

More likely he's just accustomed to Jill's pressuring him to be quick to perform for the camera, and now he's doing it to Sam in turn.

• Love 8
32 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I know Izzy meant well, but I was terrified he was going to accidentally poke Sam in the eye with that fork. 

Even the pieces of banana that Jill cut off were still too big for a one year-old.

Izzy was being encouraged by both parents so Jilly could film it. Would you want to hire a lawyer who thinks it's fine and dandy to sit there and let a young child wave a fork in a toddler's face while both kids are on their feet moving around? How much sense could this guy bring to the job? 

• Love 16
31 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Izzy was being encouraged by both parents so Jilly could film it. Would you want to hire a lawyer who thinks it's fine and dandy to sit there and let a young child wave a fork in a toddler's face while both kids are on their feet moving around? How much sense could this guy bring to the job? 

I have no doubt that Jesus will lay it on his heart to call him to follow yet another path. Sooner rather than later. *eyeroll*

3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Video:

So many things ran through my mind watching this.

Video:

So many things ran through my mind watching this.

Jesus Christ. Those poor, poor boys. With parents like that, they have no chance. 

• Love 16
2 hours ago, cdp73 said:

Well, as the saying goes "God made dirt so dirt won't hurt."

My grandmother always said everyone eats a peck of dirt in their life, and no she would not have approved of what is being described .

Edited by crazycatlady58
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

My grandmother always said everyone eats a pack of dirt in their life, and no she would not have approved of what is being described .

My grandma said the same thing. You've got to eat a peck of dirt before you die. Her kitchen was immaculate, and you could have eaten off her floors. However, you wouldn't do that, because it's gross. After working for over a year to teach my twins to not eat stuff off the floor, I smh at Jilly being ok with it. My 8 year old son will sometimes do it if we're not watching. (Boys.. ?) When I fed my children bananas, we always had them bite pieces off themselves. What was with the fork? Stupidity. I was waiting for a horrible accident. Izzy and Sam are just adorable kids. It's a pity they'll never have a chance. 

• Love 18
6 minutes ago, louannems said:

All the idioticness has been said so I'll just point out how non-daddy-like it was for Derick to shake hands with his own baby!  Sam ran into Derick's arms, probably wanting to be picked up and cold dad sticks out his arm to shake hands!

Also, Jill didn't even have a clue that Sam-Sam was done with the banana game. She kept taunting him when Sam was so done.

Compared to plastic toddler forks, Izzy's proffering seemed almost as dangerous as a pictch fork.

I was in disbelief that Jill was fine with eating food off the floor!

Bin seems fairly affectionate with his boys, but have we seen the other Duggar & Duggar adjacent males hug their young sons? Did the lost boys get hugged by JB when they were little that we know of? Because my asshole older brother isn't religious, but he is a raging homophobe, and from time his son was a toddler he'd be all 'boys don't hug boys' and he'd high five him instead. Maybe Derrick's trying to get Sam and Izzy into that mindset as early as possible.

• Love 11

I could have interpreted this incorrectly, but when Samuel had enough of the banana nonsense, Jill said he was teasing Israel. I guess all Derick heard was Jill use the word, teasing, and thought she meant Israel. Derick said something to Israel, and Jill jumped in and said she was referring to Samuel. It was as if she was defending Israel from the  wrath of his father. Just me?

• Love 7

I saw and cringed on the fork mess, but I also wondered if Jill is unconsiously training Izzy to take her role in the family.  The small child who is put in charge of taking over daily care of the younger child.  I know that they're both boys, but when I first saw the family, it was on a one shot show called "14 Kids and Pregnant Again".  During that show, the boys are shown being buddies to their younger siblings.  Sometime after that, by the time the Duggars got their own seasonal show, the boys had been released from child care duties and it was only the girls who had buddy teams.  I wonder if Jill either knows or suspects that she won't have many (or any) more kids and has decided that the eldest child is ready to start training to be a buddy team leader.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I was thinking why was there no child proof locks on the cabinets while watching the video. And yes, the pieces were too big for Sam. They look too big for me to be able to eat.

Jill did childproof the cabinets. Yes, she documented it on Instagram or in a video when Sam started walking. I remember us commenting at the time that it was a year late, considering that Izzy had been living there as a mobile toddler for about a year before they took these measures.

• Love 9

Eating bananas with a fork and shaking hands with one's kids is behavior known to the Queen of England.   That produced the current Prince of Wales so I'm not sure that's an unqualified success story.  I wonder if the Dillards know that or it would surprise them.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jill did childproof the cabinets. Yes, she documented it on Instagram or in a video when Sam started walking. I remember us commenting at the time that it was a year late, considering that Izzy had been living there as a mobile toddler for about a year before they took these measures.

Thanks for the correction. And yes, I am a lefty also.

2 hours ago, Absolom said:

Eating bananas with a fork and shaking hands with one's kids is behavior known to the Queen of England.   That produced the current Prince of Wales so I'm not sure that's an unqualified success story.  I wonder if the Dillards know that or it would surprise them.

Oh gosh my oldest son -the one who is 50 - would only eat bananas cut into circles and with a fork. He sat in his high chair with a bib. Back in the way back days the sippy cups left a lot to be desired. We are as far from royal as can be!  And now he doesn’t eat bananas at all even when I offer to cut them into circles!

• Love 6

Uh.....small voice.....I may have picked up a cookie off the floor and ate it. Only my floor though, because I know how clean it is. I definitely would not it a cut up banana off the floor, because it seems like a type of food that can collect a lot of debris. Then again, I am one of the few people who do not like bananas so I really would not eat it on or off the floor.

• Love 12

Whenever food fell on the ground my grandmother would say "Dreck reinigt den Magen " (Dirt cleans the stomach ) . But she spend her teen years during World War II  so that's probably a reason for some of her strange food behaviours  (the other ones I remember were a centimeter of butter on every slice of  bread she ate and pouring water or milk into empty jars , shake it and drink every last bit of whatever was in the jar , oh and using and reusing the same fat in pans )

• Love 12
8 hours ago, lianau said:

Whenever food fell on the ground my grandmother would say "Dreck reinigt den Magen " (Dirt cleans the stomach ) . But she spend her teen years during World War II  so that's probably a reason for some of her strange food behaviours  (the other ones I remember were a centimeter of butter on every slice of  bread she ate and pouring water or milk into empty jars , shake it and drink every last bit of whatever was in the jar , oh and using and reusing the same fat in pans )

Dreck=dirt, how ironic

• Love 16

My money is on Jill not taking this as an opportunity to teach while out and about. Prices for numbers, colors, identifying products, making up a story. My daughters used to love the making up of stories while shopping. “I see a ______ , we could use that for ______...........”. And on and on ?. 

I picture both of them in that cart the whole time. At least let one walk some of the time, and switch off, if she can’t handle both being mobile at the same time.

• Love 10
15 hours ago, Zahdii said:

I saw and cringed on the fork mess, but I also wondered if Jill is unconsiously training Izzy to take her role in the family.  The small child who is put in charge of taking over daily care of the younger child.  I know that they're both boys, but when I first saw the family, it was on a one shot show called "14 Kids and Pregnant Again".  During that show, the boys are shown being buddies to their younger siblings.  Sometime after that, by the time the Duggars got their own seasonal show, the boys had been released from child care duties and it was only the girls who had buddy teams.  I wonder if Jill either knows or suspects that she won't have many (or any) more kids and has decided that the eldest child is ready to start training to be a buddy team leader.

Yeah- Josh & JD had Josiah and Joe as buddies in the early days, but after Josh molested his sisters, JB & Michelle decided not to give Joe/Josiah buddies, and thus only the 4 older girls had buddies once Joe/Josiah were up some size. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

Ugh. Jilly would never make it as a military wife. Smh. 

Hmmm... I would love to see Deredick in the military especially if he had to deal with female drill sergeants or female officers. He would not be able to take Jill Cling Along to basic training with him.

Edited by bigskygirl

Two hours for an oil change?  I wait 20 to 30 minutes.  I barely finish a cup of tea.  Find a place near a park or something Jill.  Pack snacks and drinks and let the kids run and enjoy themselves for a change.  Take a few books and a blanket for a rest break for them.

• Love 18
4 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Two hours for an oil change?  I wait 20 to 30 minutes.  I barely finish a cup of tea.  Find a place near a park or something Jill.  Pack snacks and drinks and let the kids run and enjoy themselves for a change.  Take a few books and a blanket for a rest break for them.

Not defending her, but she is at Wal Mart, so it could take awhile especially if there are people ahead of her getting an oil change. I know we had to wait more than 30 minutes for an oil change, new tires to be put on, or a new battery to be put in.

8 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Including driving time (about 15 min each way), hubby was gone an hour-ish when he got his oil changed last week. No Jiffy Lubes in NWA?

You KNOW she used a gift card, which I'm sure was gifted to them, somehow.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

Find an oil change place near a McDonald's with a play area.  Have a cone or something off the value menu and you're good to go.  Or is McDonald's not godly enough?

• Love 13
28 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

I'm surprised she does drive on over to the old homestead and have one of those couch sitting young men change her oil for her.  Maybe Boob charges too much?

And dump the kids on someone else to watch. Maybe Deredick does not want her visiting the family much unless it is to his benefit.

On 10/21/2018 at 3:13 PM, ginger90 said:

3 pictures. 

I’m pretty sure I posted this previously. It doesn’t look the same to me. Here it is:

Easy Slow-Cooker Lime and Cilantro Beans

Mar 29, 2017 | Recipes | 4 

Ingredients:

3 cups dry beans (rinsed; I normally use black beans, but others work fine too)

6 cups water

1 bunch fresh cilantro (finely chopped)

3-4 limes (squeezed)

salt

Directions:

Rinse the beans (don’t forget to check for rocks!) and put in slow-cooker with water.

Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours. (Cook time may vary for other types of beans.)

After beans are cooked, add cilantro, lime juice and salt to taste.

Serve with avocado, sour cream, tortilla chips and shredded cheddar cheese, or enjoy solo!

Family Note: Israel LOVES these beans! He helps me wash and sort through them, then after they’re done he wants them for every meal till the leftovers run out, breakfast included! lol

9674DCF8-3659-4EEA-9F32-C496E84EB701.jpeg

What’s going on with Israel’s left eye?  I’ve noticed it in several pictures lately.

1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

Not defending her, but she is at Wal Mart, so it could take awhile especially if there are people ahead of her getting an oil change. I know we had to wait more than 30 minutes for an oil change, new tires to be put on, or a new battery to be put in.

I went to Walmart ONCE to get my car serviced, and never again.  It took forever.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Why do they act like they are the first woman in history to have to do this. Seriously... Get a life...Get a grip...Get a job...

No shit!  This woman, she always manages to leave me speechless.?

• Love 13

Jill had so many options other than stuff two active toddlers into a shopping cart for two hours. She could have had someone pick them up. She could have waited until either her or Derick could have stayed home with the kids. She could have asked her brothers or Kendra's dad to do it. Or as others have mentioned, went for a walk, had a picnic or went to a restaurant.

Jill gives the impression that she doesn't know what to do with her own kids or doesn't want to be home alone with them as the only responsible adult parent.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 22
On 10/19/2018 at 5:55 PM, jennblevins said:

I’m sure this makes me a terrible person, but my first thought after reading this was:

”Well, regardless of how he looks, Kenny Loggins wrote ‘The House at Pooh Corner,’ which automatically makes him a better parent* than Derek.”

* I have no idea if Kenny Loggins even has kids or how his potential parenting skills are regarded. 

Kenny does have kids and one of them graduated a couple of years ago from the HS my niece attends.  I think he has 2 sets of kids (one set with different wives).  I have lived here since 1986 and have never seen him which is weird since he seems to be all over the place.  Messina lives here also and I have known 2 people that dated him.  

I imagine he would be a lot kinder and gentler than Dickweed.  A statement that I have no info to back up!

• Love 4