Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, DragonFaerie said:

Probably where he got the idea for the photo.

That being said, how is his back not killing him?  His feet are over the arm of the couch, and probably making dirty spots on the wall, but his back has got to be in some sort of sway position.  Ugh.  I'd last about 30 seconds like that, but then I'm old. 

He probably wasn’t in that position for even 30 seconds, just long enough for Jill to take a picture or two of him pretending to study. 

• Love 21
10 hours ago, Annabel11 said:

I just don't understand the use of a pacifier. He's over a year old hanging out at home. Why does he need something just sitting in his mouth? 

Some kids are more oral.  They're the ones who have to have something in their mouths (Thumbs, bottles, pacifiers,etc.). Good thing is if you help them break when THEY are ready, less chance of a smoker. Based on some research, which may have changed in a blink of an eye.

Edited by Catlyn
  • Love 2

Mr. Xword and I have over 40 years married, and I've yet to post "marriage advice." 

I have posted that I think that a prerequisite for marriage should ideally be, the ability to make one another laugh.  But I realize that not everyone thinks that is as important as I do.  "What might be right for you, may not be right for some."  Now I can't get that "Diff'rent Strokes" theme out of my head.  

• Love 14
4 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Mr. Xword and I have over 40 years married, and I've yet to post "marriage advice." 

I have posted that I think that a prerequisite for marriage should ideally be, the ability to make one another laugh.  But I realize that not everyone thinks that is as important as I do.  "What might be right for you, may not be right for some."  Now I can't get that "Diff'rent Strokes" theme out of my head.  

Totally agree. 31 years here for me and Mr. Westiepeach. We can go out to dinner and barely say a word to one another. Other than, “So, what are you getting?” It’s not that we don’t like each other, it’s that we talked throughout the day. All is well, we love one another, we make each other laugh ... but maybe not for dinner that night. Oh well. No big deal. If anyone has a problem, sorry, can’t help you. We communicate very well, thank you very much ...

• Love 7

Aunt Catfish

Another classic movie lover!

I also went to see South Pacific in one of myblocal theaters.  Totally awesome--I efen remembered the words to most of the songs.  The theater I went to had recliner seats.  I was afraid of falling asleep.

I am planning to go to the September showing of The Sound of Music.  Haven't seen it on the big screen since 1965!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, marypat57 said:

Aunt Catfish

Another classic movie lover!

I also went to see South Pacific in one of myblocal theaters.  Totally awesome--I efen remembered the words to most of the songs.  The theater I went to had recliner seats.  I was afraid of falling asleep.

I am planning to go to the September showing of The Sound of Music.  Haven't seen it on the big screen since 1965!

Too bad Jill can’t wash that man right outa her hair,

or at least get him to wash his hair.

Edited by EVS
Because I do know the difference between ‘to’ and ‘too’
  • Love 17
3 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

What you talkin’ ‘bout Willis?

• Love 8
4 hours ago, EVS said:

He probably wasn’t in that position for even 30 seconds, just long enough for Jill to take a picture or two of him pretending to study. 

Maybe, but then again that might have been a first as far as their putting any sort of thought into how any of the relevant parties in any of their photos actually come across...

Oh, and as far as old musicals, Mr Jyn and I just came home from a performance of "Oliver" at the Goodspeed Opera House (any CT peeps will probably be familiar with it to some extent, but this was the first time we had been there, and really enjoyed our evening out).

• Love 2

Not to media-shame anyone--some of my movie choices would probably curl y'all's hair--but I've never been able to stomach South Pacific, mainly because of the blase way it depicts child neglect and child sexual exploitation. Whatcha wanna bet it's on the Duggars' list of acceptable "good clean entertainment"?

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, Portia said:

Not to media-shame anyone--some of my movie choices would probably curl y'all's hair--but I've never been able to stomach South Pacific, mainly because of the blase way it depicts child neglect and child sexual exploitation. Whatcha wanna bet it's on the Duggars' list of acceptable "good clean entertainment"?

You’re not alone. I have problems with a lot of classic musicals; love the music, hate the stories. It’s sad, because I was raised on them. Some things, once you’ve noticed them, you can never unsee. 

• Love 14

I cannot even remotely feel sorry for Jill for having had this fabbyfunfit/whatever removed. In for a penny, in for a pound. You get married to a total whacko and have absolutely no attempt to either distance yourself from his vitriol or to get away from it completely. So yes, she is accountable for it as well, regardless of whether she shares his views or not.

All those "luuuuuuuuuuuuurve me some hubby" posts are just over the top and to me, they simply confirm that she's unhappy but doesnt have the insight to explore further and to face up to reality.

She really is utterly incapable of reflecting, isnt she? Her photos continue to be bloody awful, her recipes are vile to the n-th degree, she hasnt made any attempt to learn how to cook or ANYTHING really. Her children seem distant from her, her husband is a perpetual student (speaks volumes he looks this happy away from her!) and will never face up to his responsibility. I'd be surprised if he sticks it for more than a term or two at most.

• Love 16
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Looks like a brand new book. Are law school books something students would use past graduation? I would have thought Derick would have tried to save money like most students and bought used textbooks. 

Sometimes you can get by with used textbooks in law school but since students typically fill them with notes and highlighting, clean copies are hard to find. And if you want to be able to take your own notes in your book, you really have to buy new.

Plus publishers will make tiny changes in them each year just enough so that when your professor assigns certain pages, you have to go compare your old book to the newest version to make sure you're reading the right stuff. I think they do it just to sell new copies because they know what a hassle it is.

As far as Derrick apparently still reading the very first few pages of his Contracts book, that's not a surprise. There are lots of really short yet really important and complicated cases that establish basic principles of law he will spend quite a lot of time on at the beginning of classes. Same with Constitutional law, Criminal law, Civil Procedure, Torts, Property, etc.  You can spend hours reading a one page decision and several class sessions might be devoted to discussing it. 

I can't imagine trying to comprehend complicated material and prepare for class with a toddler hovering over me and my spouse is clicking pictures. I guarantee you as soon as the photo session was over, Derrick went into the bedroom to study, closing the door behind him.  There may be some types of academic work you could pull off with your wife and little kids milling around that way, but getting through your first year of law school isn't one of them. 

• Love 19

That's correct. They worked for SOS Ministries when they were in Danger America. SOS doesn't seem to have any educational requirements, as they were able to take ineffectual Spanish lessons while in the "mission field."

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Derick updated his LinkedIn:

D00275AF-059B-44AF-89C0-349AACEE7AC3.jpeg

I am trying to understand why he put down two months for law school when he just started a few weeks ago. Maybe I am confused. Not the first or last time I have been confused on here. And he went to Cross Church to work with leadership and the world for Jesus Christ. I wonder if he puts that on his resume. He is so full of his own crap. He should go in the manure business instead.

19 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

So he started school sometime in August. Today is September 1.

In what parallel universe does this equal “two months”?

It’s a LinkedIn thing. When I started a new job it said one month right away.  Even if you put 8/31/18 as the start date LinkedIn would show it as 2 Months today. It’s dumb but that’s how LinkedIn shows time.  

• Love 23
16 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I am trying to understand why he put down two months for law school when he just started a few weeks ago. Maybe I am confused. Not the first or last time I have been confused on here. And he went to Cross Church to work with leadership and the world for Jesus Christ. I wonder if he puts that on his resume. He is so full of his own crap. He should go in the manure business instead.

I'm not sure he is responsible for the two months thing. LinkedIn does its own calculation based on the month and year the user enters for a position. The system probably figures it automatically as from August 1 to September 30, which is two months.

• Love 9
15 minutes ago, MORGANH said:

He should have listed law school under “Education” not “Experience”.  But for him, maybe it is an experience...

But, but, but, he's a "J.D. Candidate."  Sounds like he's running for political office, doesn't it?  

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Trillium said:

It’s a LinkedIn thing. When I started a new job it said one month right away.  Even if you put 8/31/18 as the start date LinkedIn would show it as 2 Months today. It’s dumb but that’s how LinkedIn shows time.  

1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

I'm not sure he is responsible for the two months thing. LinkedIn does its own calculation based on the month and year the user enters for a position. The system probably figures it automatically as from August 1 to September 30, which is two months.

Thanks for the explanation. Makes sense.

Blog post:

Birthday Time With Jenni & James!

Sep 1, 2018 | Family Blog, Photos| 1 

Jenni and James (both part of Jill’s “buddy team” growing up) recently had birthdays in July and August. Before Jenni’s birthday, we took both Jenni and James out for ice cream, then we had fun visiting a couple pet stores. 

C531C8DF-94C6-4A0B-9255-7314C8E64611.jpeg

52E8F3F0-80B2-44D4-A0EE-5611B69E55D5.jpeg

B6B9CDDA-8680-423D-8A58-A6B6E3008960.jpeg

016D03BF-1BB6-47BE-A121-5CE7632BF79C.jpeg

Video:

• Love 3

Two things come to mind for me.

One: I hope the cats and kittens growl and hiss at Deredick. Two: Should Deredick eat an ice cream cone because of his braces. It has been over thirty years since I had braces, but I bet the orthodontist would have told me to avoid ice cream cones in order not to damage the braces.

I don't get why ice cream would be an issue. Steak and popcorn, sure. But ice cream isn't tough to chew. ;)

Jill is pulling a Michelle in that she is wearing The Green Tank Top wherever she goes. Plus, she is way too old for that headband.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

I don't get why ice cream would be an issue. Steak and popcorn, sure. But ice cream isn't tough to chew. ;)

Jill is pulling a Michelle in that she is wearing The Green Tank Top wherever she goes. Plus, she is way too old for that headband.

Chewy, sticky stuff like caramel is a major problem.  I pulled off a bracket eating a Milk Dud at the movies when I had braces. And, yes, I did know that I wasn't supposed to eat Milk Duds.  I also dislocated my jaw while wearing rubber bands with my braces while biting into a bagel.  That was no fun at all.  Ice cream cones are no big deal.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, louannems said:

Derick's two center teeth are finally matched up under his nose.

I don't think they are, really...there was another recent photo of him on a different page where they looked as off-center as ever. It's just that slight 3/4 angle on his face that sort of visually seems to make them line up in the same way that those sidewalk "optical illusion" type drawings need to actually be drawn drastically stretched out in order to look proportional when viewed across  the plane of the sidewalk. The angle visually brings the teeth which are further away (on the right side of his face) closer in, so they appear straight.

• Love 10
55 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Teeny tiny bibles?

They look like the Gideon's New Testament, which usually also includes the book of Psalms. They usually have different colors for different demographic groups, but I can't remember which colors are for which groups.

The boxes in the background are labeled New Testament, ESV.

Edited by sleepysuzy
Zoomed in on picture
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, MORGANH said:

He should have listed law school under “Education” not “Experience”.  But for him, maybe it is an experience...

If he puts it under education, then he can’t claim he’s been working since he was 5! 

• Love 17
59 minutes ago, MunichNark said:

I just googled what a JD candidate might be. He's barely into the first week of studies, he isn't a lawyer or barrister yet, why would be put that into his profile? (Yes, I know, he's a pretentios twat, but....)

Derrick is a twit but he is a JD candidate- He’s studying to get his JD. That’s how they had us sign our emails and write our resumes. For example- I was 

Scarlett45

JD Candidate Class of 2010

University of Chicago Law School

Just means you’re a law student. 

• Love 13