Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Future Cat Lady said:

Making your bed every morning is a sign that you're organized?

Wasn’t this the family that didn’t use sheets? How does one make their bed when they don’t use bedclothes?

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Barb23 said:

I see Josh as the type to roll back odometers and other shady unlawful things. Does he bother to file the paperwork correctly? I would never buy a car from the Duggars. 

BTW my sister works for a small accounting office. Years ago one of their customers,  a small car lot owner, spent some time in the Big House for rolling back odometers & other things. He thought he would never get caught.  I see Josh as this type. 

I have a sleazy brother who once owned a used car lot and he also spent some time in jail.  It was for money laundering.  I never understood it, but evidently he was purchasing used cars from wholesale dealers and reselling them illegally before listing them.  I'm sure I have it wrong but I can certainly see Josh doing something like that.

• Love 6

I'm sure JB has given Josh some pointers in running a car business and not all honest.

I remembered the old video with Josh at the car lot.  Of course, they had to have the lady say she wished she knew as much as Josh did at his age. Joe looked so young in the video. Hard to believe he is now married &  has a kid.

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Car lot video:

10 HOURS AGO, KOKAPETL SAID:

From what I remember, the office is a small hut.

He invited everyone into the office because it was cold!! Hey everyone squeeze in especially the teenage girls stand right next to Josh? 

• Love 3
On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 10:34 PM, Heathen said:

People who can't get credit to buy a car anywhere else. Businesses like that depend on people being desperate enough to pay astronomical interest rates, then often falling behind. The car can get repossessed and sold again; lather, rinse, repeat. 

Yes, such a godly way of doing business.  Those Duggars are a real shining example, aren't they?

• Love 8
55 minutes ago, Normades said:

Yes, such a godly way of doing business.  Those Duggars are a real shining example, aren't they?

There are plenty of non-fundies doing it. As long as people are desperate, scammers will prey on them. 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Barb23 said:

I see Josh as the type to roll back odometers and other shady unlawful things. Does he bother to file the paperwork correctly? I would never buy a car from the Duggars. 

BTW my sister works for a small accounting office. Years ago one of their customers,  a small car lot owner, spent some time in the Big House for rolling back odometers & other things. He thought he would never get caught.  I see Josh as this type. 

Did anyone else immediately think of Matilda?

• Love 14
On 11/18/2018 at 11:34 AM, Rabbittron said:

this does not surprise me at all because they're the Duggars and the Duggars don't have to follow any rules and laws.

23 hours ago, MamaMax said:

Just when you though there was nothing shadier than a used car sales man..... there's the DUGGAR used car salesman. 

I wonder if Josh's daddy will boo hoo again that its a conspiracy against the Duggar family by detractors looking to take them down.

I bet the Washington county planning dept made double sure to follow procedures to the T. You know Jim Blob loves himself a good lawsuit.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

We teach our children the importance of voting by modeling the behavior. I take both of my daughters every time I vote, they get their own "Voted with Mommy" or "Future Voter" sticker at the end, then we go to breakfast and talk about the importance of voting and why we think it should be compulsory. It'll be over my cold dead body that I raise a child to 18 years old and then they chose not to vote. In our family, that is simply not an option. So while it pains, and I mean truly pains me, to compliment anything Josh/Anna...I actually applaud that they bring their kids with them. 

I completely agree with you, especially the part about it being painful to like anything those idiots do.

I am always going to vote regardless but if I needed an incentive, it would be that the ghosts of my mother and mother-in-law would both haunt me if I didn't. Two families like yours where voting isn't a choice, it's a responsibility.

• Love 7
On 11/9/2018 at 1:17 PM, PikaScrewChu said:

Someone could throw in MMMBop on this list eventually. No one will know.

Though the Hanson's are not fundies, Taylor is expecting his 6th child soon, Isaac has 3 kids and Zac has 4. They could definitely hang with the younger Duggars. 

On 11/9/2018 at 1:27 PM, Picture It. Sicily said:

They all got the classic spelling of their name except Mackenzie? With a completely random use of a Y? Why? That poor girl is going to be correcting people for the rest of her life. I realize there are a lot of different spellings of Mackenzie, mostly for the parents so they can say "look how yooneek we are!". (That's a laugh with these sheep) but why saddle one kid with a silly spelling and not the other four? 

Give them time.

Have no fear, that girl isn't going anywhere to have to correct her name. No school, no college and her husband probably won't even bother putting her on the bank account. 

• Love 14
15 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

I completely agree with you, especially the part about it being painful to like anything those idiots do.

I am always going to vote regardless but if I needed an incentive, it would be that the ghosts of my mother and mother-in-law would both haunt me if I didn't. Two families like yours where voting isn't a choice, it's a responsibility.

My husband came from a non-voting family and it took years for me to convert him. Granted converting him means driving him to early voting on a Saturday, handing him a pre-done sample ballot and letting him to go copy it---but he goes and does it, so there is at least that. 

Truth be told, I don't even care who you vote for as long as you do it. Of course, I have my picks and want them to win; but what kills me is low voter turn-out. Our county broke the previous record of voter turn out during a mid-season election by over 8% and I was thrilled. 

I don't recall seeing a lot of red, white and blue though---the poll workers wore it, but when we went, a lot of people were in business clothes, gym clothes or candidate-party centered shirts. I personally wear the color of my party. 

Edited by Loves2Dance
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Loves2Dance said:

Though the Hanson's are not fundies, Taylor is expecting his 6th child soon, Isaac has 3 kids and Zac has 4. They could definitely hang with the younger Duggars. 

They are Evangelical.  

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

Have no fear, that girl isn't going anywhere to have to correct her name. No school, no college and her husband probably won't even bother putting her on the bank account. 

WHAT???!!! I was going to marry Taylor! Had the biggest crush on him at nine. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

We teach our children the importance of voting by modeling the behavior. I take both of my daughters every time I vote, they get their own "Voted with Mommy" or "Future Voter" sticker at the end, then we go to breakfast and talk about the importance of voting and why we think it should be compulsory. It'll be over my cold dead body that I raise a child to 18 years old and then they chose not to vote. In our family, that is simply not an option. So while it pains, and I mean truly pains me, to compliment anything Josh/Anna...I actually applaud that they bring their kids with them. 

Same here. I will wait all day till the kids are all home and can come with me to vote, rather than go earlier by myself and skip the lines. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Christina87 said:

WHAT???!!! I was going to marry Taylor! Had the biggest crush on him at nine. 

I preferred Zac. They recently played at Epcot, they've aged well.

3 hours ago, sheshark said:

They are Evangelical.  

Yes and there are 7 of them. They were all homeschooled as well. 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

I preferred Zac. They recently played at Epcot, they've aged well.

Yes and there are 7 of them. They were all homeschooled as well. 

My sister liked Zac too. They had the same birthday! 😜 Different years, though. I think they definitely veer over towards fundie lite, but obviously not full on fundie. I wish Anna could have left Josh and married someone with views more like the Hansons!

Josh was in violation of a zoning permit, not really that big of a deal, and they ended up approving the zoning. The reason his office is a shack is probably because he is wholesaling cars. In my neck of the woods a wholesaler can only sell to other car businesses and can't sell cars for individual sale. You don't need much of an office to sell to other dealers or at auctions.

The fact he was notified three times and did nothing shows he hasn't humbled himself one bit. Or he's broke. Or both.

• Love 14
10 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

The fact he was notified three times and did nothing shows he hasn't humbled himself one bit. Or he's broke. Or both.

Didn't Anna "help out" by doing the paperwork during his first stab at running at a car lot (before the FRC and the move to Washington)? If that's still going on, he'd have a convenient scapegoat. Or he could blame one of the brothers who "works" with him, since you know nothing is ever his fault.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Albanyguy said:

Didn't Anna "help out" by doing the paperwork during his first stab at running at a car lot (before the FRC and the move to Washington)? If that's still going on, he'd have a convenient scapegoat. Or he could blame one of the brothers who "works" with him, since you know nothing is ever his fault.

Not to defend him. but a lot of businesses, especially ones owned locally, know how long they can ignore notices like the ones Josh got about the zoning.  It is also possible he was working with the township on re-zoning and the notices were a formality.  I hate coming to his defense, but my dad owned a small business in a small town for a number of years and that's the way things happen there.  It doesn't mean he was deliberately ignored the law.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

Not to defend him. but a lot of businesses, especially ones owned locally, know how long they can ignore notices like the ones Josh got about the zoning.  It is also possible he was working with the township on re-zoning and the notices were a formality.  I hate coming to his defense, but my dad owned a small business in a small town for a number of years and that's the way things happen there.  It doesn't mean he was deliberately ignored the law.

knowing the Duggars and how they are I bet you 100% it was deliberate that he ignored the laws.

• Love 6

I'm sorry, but this group looks like a bunch of vagabonds begging for money at the airport. Why do they dress so badly as they do? This, in itself, I believe is a sin. Their father is a multi millionaire and CAN do better for his children...like NEW SHOES that actually FIT and coordinate with the weather and their outfit. I don't think JB is pleasing the Lord with not providing for his family in this way. This just popped out at me the first couple of seconds I looked at this picture.

Why do they ALL have to go to airport? Especially a LATE NIGHT flight arrival? They should all be at home in their beds ASLEEP. they actually lead an unhealthy lifestyle.

• Love 23
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

Why do they ALL have to go to airport? Especially a LATE NIGHT flight arrival? They should all be at home in their beds ASLEEP. they actually lead an unhealthy lifestyle.

These are not healthy people and any sense of the word.

• Love 13
11 hours ago, floridamom said:

Because they don't trust anyone to be alone. 

• Love 11

They sure do love the khaki coloredtrench coats like jana is wearing! Jessa got one for her honeymoon, and then appeared to give it to Jinger, but now jana also has one. Jill has also been seen wearing one. Not knocking it, though. It's one of the most legitimately classic items they have!

1 hour ago, Barb23 said:

Why did the one Duggar guy have a tie on? Was he coming from a hot date?

Maybe he and Kendra's sister just went on a super fun date right before the airport visit! Now, they're going to sell it as two different events on tv. They're being so, sooooo sneaky by placing the members of the couple at the two ends of the picture. How do they ever think up these intelligent ideas?

1 hour ago, Barb23 said:

Why did the one Duggar guy have a tie on? Was he coming from a hot date?

Maybe he and Kendra's sister just went on a super fun date right before the airport visit! Now, they're going to sell it as two different events on tv. They're being so, sooooo sneaky by placing the members of the couple at the two ends of the picture. How do they ever think up these intelligent ideas?

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

They sure do love the khaki coloredtrench coats like jana is wearing! Jessa got one for her honeymoon, and then appeared to give it to Jinger, but now jana also has one. Jill has also been seen wearing one. Not knocking it, though. It's one of the most legitimately classic items they have!

One of the production  crew made a mistake.

4 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

The airport visit probably was the super, fun and special date.

• Love 11
On 11/19/2018 at 6:55 PM, sheshark said:

They are Evangelical.  

They actually converted to Eastern Orthodox sometime in the past decade. They have an aunt or a cousin who is a nun in Greece and it all kind of spiraled from there. 

But Taylor’s wife has definitely mentioned the Duggars a time or two on social media. 

Edited by Spencer Hastings
On 11/18/2018 at 9:31 PM, Heathen said:

There are plenty of non-fundies doing it. As long as people are desperate, scammers will prey on them. 

Not all used car lots are run by scammers though. They do make a nice profit, but at the same time, they provide a needed service. If you've got horrible or no credit, they are an option if you need a car. I've only bought 1 car that wasn't brand new, I was like 19 or 20 and in college. I was home for Christmas break and the engine in my 20 year old car completely died. I had $1800 to buy something else, in like 3 days before break ended, and my mom's husband knew someone who had one of those corner lots. I got a relatively decent car, granted it had like 180,000 miles on it, but it served it's purpose. My mom wasn't in the position to potentially co-sign anything for me, and I drove it for 2 years until I graduated college and got an adult job. Then I sold it to my mom's husband for $1. The car lot guy knew I only had $1800 and that had to include tax, title, plates, all that stuff and he made it work for me. 

On 11/23/2018 at 9:21 AM, doodlebug said:

My grandparents owned a gas station and then a car repair/ truck rental business for years. My grandma made a habit of not paying her taxes, just ignoring the notices that came from everyone, including the ones posted in the local news paper, until the very last day she could before she paid the taxes. Apparently her theory was they weren't going to charge more tax, why should she pay before she had to. 

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

why should she pay before she had to

I know people along those lines. Why should they collect interest on my money? I’ll pay at the last minute and I’ll get the extra pennies...not them. (not me, I’m just repeating what they’ve said) 

• Love 1

How did two people who look like Ma and Pa Keller manage to produce such attractive daughters?

I also can't believe how strong the genes are in that family. Davia and Mere could be twins, and so could Kenzie and Suze's daughter.

Anna and Josh have gained a lot of weight. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 18

Anna looks different lately in general. I remember the recent picture (Joy's birthday?) where people were insistent that Anna wasn't Anna. She looks just like the "not-Anna" in this pic, so clearly it's her...

Is the girl on the end in the blue (Suze's daughter, I think) yawning or picking her nose? Meredith looks like she's plotting something.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

Not all used car lots are run by scammers though. They do make a nice profit, but at the same time, they provide a needed service. If you've got horrible or no credit, they are an option if you need a car.

I didn't say all used car lots were run by scammers, did I? 

• Love 2

Anna does look so different lately!

her sister looks so much like her!

is the blonde woman next to Suze the older sister who married the rich older man? 

I wonder what it’s like for the non-fundie family members to spend holidays with David, Pris, Anna, and the ‘rents. Lots of prayers happening probably about them being “away from the Lord”. Personally I’d find it really challenging. 

• Love 3