Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

(edited)

I'm glad Anna and Meredith are all right. M doesn't deserve to be born into all of this.

My first thought was Josh will do ANYTHING for another Today show appearance.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 6

However, Anna could be like many other women, including her mother, and have only three or four more children each a longer interval past the previous one and have her last child in her late thirties. 

That would take some brains to do and Anna is a 'Stepford Wife' and does whatever Josh says she'll do. Wouldn't that involve some form of birth control or abstinence?

• Love 1

7 lbs, 14 oz as a fourth baby when all the other ones were heavier tells me her dates were probably off.

I'm also pretty surprised she was 9 days overdue and the baby was under 8 pounds. I'm sure it happens, but everyone I know who went so overdue had big babies because the baby isn't really doing anything but gaining weight once it reaches full term.

• Love 2

I think 7.14 is still pretty big though especially for a girl and Anna is probably a lot busier now than she was during her preg with Mack so that could be why she's a little smaller than expected.  

I've only seen a handful of 19 Kids and Counting episodes, but one I'll never forget was Anna carting her children around DC by herself, I think on some errands and to the park. She was as squeaky and high-pitched as ever with the "I'm really learning and enjoying this new challenge in my life!" stuff, but the look on her face and the footage of her trying to deal with everything was totally heartbreaking. 

I think this solves the mystery of what happened to Michelle and why she speaks with a baby girl voice a true nervous breakdown regressing her to a child. 

• Love 1

I hear you NP. I have a J name and hoped for the last 4 girls they wouldn't use my name. Fortunately for me no Duggar has my name. BTW, I love the name Meredith, it is strong and soft at the same time.

Thank you! I figured because everyone likes to find something to snark about, my name would be attacked, so it's nice to see some nice things being said about it!

I'm 24 and I know another girl my age also named Meredith. I've maybe run into one or two other ones in my life. I wouldn't say the name is old fashioned at all (I'm obviously biased though). it's just very uncommon. it's never been popular. that's why I like it :)

I'm glad Anna and baby are both healthy. I sure hope she's enjoying her time with M1 through M4 and not reading the mean comments people are saying about everything. She at least deserves a couple days off!

• Love 8
(edited)

That would take some brains to do and Anna is a 'Stepford Wife' and does whatever Josh says she'll do. Wouldn't that involve some form of birth control or abstinence?

Many women who breast feed don't have babies any more often than every two to three years and as fertility declines, it could be every three to four years.  Some women don't conceive without help after their late thirties.  Anna's mother seemed to follow that pattern and if Anna does also, she might only have three or four more children even without birth control or other measures.  She does seem to letting matters proceed naturally without weaning early and charting for the maximum chance at maximum conceptions.

Edited by Absolom

I'm glad little Meredith Grace arrived safely and that Anna seems to be ok. From the photos they've posted so far, she doesn't seem to be a very happy baby...no smiles at all; I hope she's not a cranky baby for Anna to have to contend with.  All the best to little, clueless Anna, and little Meredith Grace.

• Love 1

Gloria is pretty high on our list, for instance. (The only other one I know is an 85 year old lady!)

I know a ton of Glorias, but it's a fairly common Latina name, and I know a ton of Latinas.

Welcome, little Meredith! Sadly, the only thing I think of when I hear that name is Meredith Kercher, RIP.

OMG. Some disclosure: my name is Meredith. I remembered watching an episode when they were pregnant for the first time and went to the Today Show when Meredith Veira was still there, and they mentioned something along the lines of liking that name. So ever since they mentioned that, I had this sneaking suspicion that this baby would be named Meredith, but I was really hoping it wouldn't be!!

I feel your pain Neural-p. I have a pretty common M name and I'll admit I was very relieved to be spared sharing a Duggar name... for this one at least, I'm sure there's going to be more chances a-coming. Anyway, Meredith is a pretty name. 

From the photos they've posted so far, she doesn't seem to be a very happy baby...no smiles at all

I don't think you can tell how happy a baby is going to be at one day old.  Until they're a little older, anything that resembles a smile is usually accompanied by gas - lol!.

• Love 13

Meredith Grace is a pretty name. I'm glad they kept the spelling traditional.

I wonder if they'll call her "Meri" - Meri and Mack is cute.

I get what you're saying, but it is my most fervent hope for every Duggar child that they will find a way from now on to be individuals and will no longer have to be,"daughter/son of," " nth grandchild of," or "sibling of"...

Go, little ones. Be who you are.

• Love 7

Meredith Grace is a beautiful name.  I'm glad she's here safely and that Anna can have something to celebrate after the recent events of her life.  Here's to hoping that Mack can teach her little sister how to be spunky and not let any man rescue her. 

• Love 6

Yeah.. Because. she turned out to be a big old lesbian. HAHAHAHAH... uhh

Also Meredith was originally a man's name. It wouldn't matter to me; I still like it. But it might give the Duggars pause if they realized.

Also Meredith was originally a man's name. It wouldn't matter to me; I still like it. But it might give the Duggars pause if they realized.

. I'd completely forgotten that! The old guy on the Rocky movies - wasn't his name Meridith?
(edited)

The baby thread on FJ is having drama because there was the snarky suggestion that Josh must be on psych meds because he looks so out of it. It's the perfect example of why Jerry Seinfeld says he doesn't work college campuses anymore, always someone offended by everything. Geeeez!

I would go crazy in my own life if I had anyone around with such thin skin.

Edited by Flowers
  • Love 3

My son was overdue by ten days. Seven pounds six ounces. After a certain point, the weight is what it is.

I think Michelle was looking and trying to speak because she's better at off the cuff speaking than JB is, and letting her do it would have produced a better product and she knows it. But he can't admit that. So he stumbled along, and she nodded and looked a little frustrated with him.

Also wondering if PEOPLE had already paid them in advance for these announcements. Would explain the modest coverage now that doesn't really give a boost to the family, but may not be lining their pockets, either, since the money already passed hands.

• Love 1

Lmfao, I can see Boob and Smugs each with their own family sized pans while everyone else fights over a loaf of Wonder Bread. Notice how they're the only two Duggars carrying extra poundage.

Just like lions. The adult males eat first, after they've  had their fill, the lionesses eat and the cubs get what's left.

P. S. New baby is really cute!

• Love 3

My husband told me about the birth while I was giving our toddler a bath. With all the noise, I thought he said they named her Meredith Grey and I was like what the what?! But that's....nooooo.

I feel your pain Neural-p. I have a pretty common M name and I'll admit I was very relieved to be spared sharing a Duggar name... for this one at least, I'm sure there's going to be more chances a-coming. Anyway, Meredith is a pretty name.

There's definitely still hope for you! ;) If Anna had a say in it she'd have at least 16 more kids!

• Love 1

Glad Anna delivered safely. Noticed the video didn't thank God for a safe delivery or any other religious message, and they didn't really say congratulations either.

• Love 1

I have to admit that I like the combination of Meredith Grace better than Mackynzie Renée.  I love looking up the trends in names over time so I decided to test my theory that they have gone from trendy to traditional.  I looked at Mackenzie with an 'E' because it was easier.  

Mackenzie - peaked in 2001 (40th), currently ranked 69th

Michael - was the 1st or 2nd name for the last 50 years, currently ranked 7th

Marcus - peaked in 1984 (57th), currently ranked 158th

Meredith - peaked in 1981 (140th), currently ranked 606th

I hope that Anna had a smooth birth and that she and little Meredith are well.  

• Love 1

And the comments on People.com are absolutely viscous.

Wow, People sure didn't waste any time, did they!? The baby's head doesn't have any molding, so it must have been a fairly quick delivery, thank God. It always killed me watching Anna go thru that misery.

(edited)

Maybe Grace was because this was their fall from grace. I hope she's protected from Daddy.  Anna and the rest of the Duggars need to open their eyes, and see how serious this issue is. I bet Meredeth Viera is happy. She wanted a Duggar namesake.

Edited by Ljohnson1987
  • Love 1

Haha...My first thought on Meredith as a man's name was Meredith Willson, who wrote The Music Man. Then I proceeded to go over to IMDB and waste time poring over people's reviews of the movie, because apparently I care way too much what people think about pretty much anything.

At any rate, I like the name Meredith as well, though I'm not sure I ever really knew anyone by that name. I had a boss, back in the early 80's, whose daughter was named Meredith, but I never met her.

Does anyone else think that Josh looks thinner in that photo with Anna and the baby? I know people have been speculating that he's gained weight stress-eating, but it could just as easily go the other way.

• Love 2

Judging from the pics I've seen thus far, Meredith looks more like a Keller than a Duggar. I agree it's sad that her birth took place amid such crappy circumstances. I can't stand Josh but I'm happy that both Mom and baby are healthy.

• Love 2
(edited)

it must have been a fairly quick delivery, thank God. It always killed me watching Anna go thru that misery.

I wonder whether, despite everything, Anna may have been a little calmer and more relaxed during this birth experience than in her others, because the cameras and microphones weren't there. I have never watched any of her previous births, but just thinking about going through labor with a camera crew in the damn room the whole time makes me nauseated. I can't imagine being anything but practically terminally tense if that were happening.  I'm probably over-generalizing, but if I were Anna I think I may have found this -- finally -- private birth an easier experience in just about any case.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 5

Having just labored and delivered (girl #4, born on Anna's due date because you all wanted to know that), I would agree that L&D without cameras may very well have been infinitely more relaxing for Anna.

I love the name Meredith Grace. I hope Anna's recovery is smooth and as JB&M-free as possible. Like maybe Josh and Anna can move somewhere and forget to tell them where to, free.

• Love 16

Having just labored and delivered (girl #4, born on Anna's due date because you all wanted to know that)

OK, if I'm reading this correctly, congratulations to you too.

• Love 16

OK, if I'm reading this correctly, congratulations to you too.

Yes, thank you! I have 4 kids now, most of which were born fairly close to when Anna's 4 were born, but this one is definitely the closest in age. I really felt bad for Anna when all this Josh stuff broke because I was similarly largely pregnant and presumably hormonal. I'd have been a disaster if that happened to me.

Ljohnson- I know, but I can dream, right?

• Love 12
(edited)

If he took the other three, I bet Anna was OK with that. Crash in bed and sleep the evening away only waking to feed. Or, she could binge watch "Orange is the New Black. ;)

I don't see Mack. I guess she's back at the compound being trained in SisterMom duty. Heck, she's almost 6! 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 7

I don't get that huge gang hanging at Sam's when it's about a ballgame they were at.  They all look awful in the instagram.  I guess none of them are comfortable at all unless surrounded by 20 other people.  That sure isn't me.  I'd be very uncomfortable with that.

Do you all remember just 9 months ago we were concerned for Josh because he seemed so worn down by Anna and her need for more babies.  We sympathized with him and wanted Anna to shut up and wait.  She won't.  She's on a permanent baby train.  Loves being preggers.  But we were so sympathetic to Josh who looked shell shocked at the thought of another baby.  And we were hoping he had a lot of nighttime headaches.   And now, here we are.  Feeling sorry for the baby. Me too.  The thought of that life of infinite joylessness is so mind numbing.  

• Love 6