Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

Reminder: No calling Josh a pedophile or implying he may be molesting his own daughters. We are not psychologists, and if one was one, no one has sat down with him and to make an official diagnosis. These two issues have been discussed, brought back for discussion, and brought back again for analysis over and over again. Lets give the poor horse a rest. Posts in the future implying Josh is a pedophile or may be "touching" his daughters without actual proof will be edited or hidden. Thank you.

(edited)

l384daX.jpg

Another from the game. Jinger's happy to be defrauded by Dem Pecs! I'm glad the Duggars have been relegated to be back row. I think that Sierra and Meridith in the guest house?

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 1

I just watched the taped announcement with JB and J'go to hell, telling us the news and counting for us.  Why are they obsessed with counting children?  That's the most important thing to them - how many.  

• Love 5

It wouldn't surprise me if after nearly two months of enforced, unplanned, unscheduled Josh-in-the-house-around-the-clock that Anna would be ever so happy for Josh to go somewhere.  

I can't think of anyone I love that I would want that much minute-by-minute contact.  Granted, I'm an introvert, but still...

• Love 10

Looks like Mere was born a few days ago after all; my suspicions of last night were correct. I saw the pic on the right of Amy with the girls maybe last Friday on her IG. I wonder if they didn't announce because of the cancellation news? 

https://instagram.com/p/5Xr_E7g4oU/?taken-by=freejinger

Wow. Maybe they cooked up the whole lie JUST so they'll be more articles written about them. I can't believe a controversial figure like Josh went along with JB, though. He needs no more scandals

(edited)

Yes, JB's birthday was Saturday, but Amy's IG post with the girls was earlier than that. I don't have my phone on, or I'd check that. I want to say it was Friday; she announced in that post that they would be her bridesmaids. It might have been as early as last Wednesday! I can't remember if Amy's life went on business as usual after the cancellation, or if she went quiet for a couple of days. 

That said, we DO know that Anna was still pregnant during the day on Tuesday. I posted that evidence (ChickFilA with MORE SIERRA) here.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1
(edited)

Maybe it was the day of cancellation and they were hoping their fans would cause an uproar about it so they decided to hold off on the birth news to see if their fans could get their show back for them and Josh in the news wouldn't help.

Edited by Defrauder
  • Love 1

I am willing to give Josh the benefit of the doubt over the baseball game thing depending on circumstances that we might not be aware of. Like if they bought the tickets in advance and Anna figured, I went early with the other 3 so I probably will this time too (TOTALLY normal) and by then I'll be fine especially since he's taking the older two or something like that. Then baby comes late, but let's say also that her parents are in Arkansas since baby was just born, and she's got them there, I would tell my husband who is generally a kind and caring guy, go ahead and go to the game, I've got people. Heck, she might even be fine with it being JB&M (ok, probably more likely it's Jana and Joy Anna), I mean I wouldn't choose JB&M but she might actually like them.

We all handle labor & delivery & recovery different, I don't think it's necessarily Josh being a jerk for him to be going, or him abandoning Anna. Although I might not have posted it all over social media because it does make him look like he could be an insensitive lout.

I'd buy this, but from the pics JoanArc posted, they are in a luxury suite (which would explain them also with the Sam's advertising at the ballpark). They have many, many seats. Joseph or Josiah could have gone (JD is away with some younger Howlers at an aviation show in Wisconsin right now). It's not as if Josh paid his way in to that game; I'm sure the Duggars in the group were all comped, since it looks like they did some promos while they were there. 

I wonder if there's trouble in paradise and Anna basically kicked him out for the night? Given everything that's happened, it wouldn't be the first time someone had done that. 

• Love 2

There isn't a single Reference that I can find giving the baby's actual birth date. So I'm another who thinks she's been here at least a few days before it was announced.

• Love 2

I could have sworn it was in the video, but a re-check confirmed that it wasn't. That's when I started scratching my head about this. I just find it strange that they can't announce her birthdate. Are they going to wait until people forget the exact day the show was canceled (if it happened that day)? TBH, even now, I'd have to get out a calendar to know what date last Thursday was. 

I don't know what the Duggars think they are gaining by doing this. 

I'd buy this, but from the pics JoanArc posted, they are in a luxury suite (which would explain them also with the Sam's advertising at the ballpark). They have many, many seats.

I wonder if there's trouble in paradise and Anna basically kicked him out for the night? Given everything that's happened, it wouldn't be the first time someone had done that. 

Luxury suite, hm? Niiiiice. That wasn't cheap and yeah, the Duggars didn't pay a penny for it, either.

Let's face it. Even if Smuggar was in the house for the Blessed Event, he surely had more important things to do than wait around for his child to be born. Maybe it's better for Anna that he's gone. After all, she's got five kids now, doesn't she?

I don't know what the Duggars think they are gaining by doing this. 

People magazine exclusive.

• Love 3
(edited)

If you look at Amy's neck in both picks it appears she is wearing something different under the same sweater.

Yes, that's been called to my attention since I posted it somewhere else. The high neckline of the dress on the right would also be visible in the pic with Mere, but it's not. In conclusion, it looks like same sweater, different day (but same week). I'm shocked because Famy is not one to repeat her looks, especially twice in the space of a few days. LOL

Edited by Sew Sumi

Meridith Grace, sounds nice I guess.  Could be worse.  I always wondered why all of the original Duggar boys had biblical names but all of the girls (I think) had just mainstream non biblical names.  Every one of the kids names a favorite biblical character and it's always a man of course - except for Jana who says one of her faves is Esther.   But back on topic - Meridith Grace sounds alright.

Just another example of their patriarchal, womenfolk aren't as important way of going abou life. 

My first thought was Josh will do ANYTHING for another Today show appearance.

No lie, the first thing I though was they are trying to garner an appearance on Meredith's talk show or, at the very least, a mention in the press. 

Aaaand less than 24 hours after the birth of his daughter, Josh is off gallivanting about at a baseball game with the Sam's guy, various Duggars, and Sierra. 

https://instagram.com/p/5V25y5RhCp/?taken-by=joe_donaldson_1

This Joe dude sure is trying hard to get Insta followers by posting pictures of him hanging out with the Duggars. 

• Love 3

https://instagram.com/p/5V25y5RhCp/

So, I'm guessing Josh was invited and he brought M 1-3.  He must have brought the older girls to take care of his kids.  You would think he would have given all the older girls' tickets to all the Howlers (sans Jackson, of course). 

(Sorry, couldn't help it, but that little boy in front has clown feet.)

• Love 1

So, I'm guessing Josh was invited and he brought M 1-3.  He must have brought the older girls to take care of his kids.  You would think he would have given all the older girls' tickets to all the Howlers (sans Jackson, of course). 

I posted this pic, and we've been talking about it since last night. :) 

• Love 1
(edited)

Seeing that announcement and seeing the picture (and some of the media coverage "Congratulate them"?! ) gives me a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach.

Josh has never received adequate professional treatment or faced the consequences of his actions. His parents seem determined to minimize and deny their son's crimes and have failed him. Worst of all, his wife is  brainwashed and stuck in a cult where women have no options, she doesn't seem to be able to protect her children.

Children are precious. I lost my youngest child (age 25) unexpectedly last week and it really saddens me that no one is protecting these little ones

Edited by Caramellow
  • Love 17

Oh wait! I didn't notice! Looks like Josh brought out Meredith to the game after all.  I think she's in the baby carrier in the front row. 

It's hard to tell but I'd bet 99% that's not Meredith. I have a newborn baby, they're not nearly so big in an infant seat, plus can't hold the head up to look around like that baby is. I'd put that baby around 5-6 months.

• Love 4

I'd buy this, but from the pics JoanArc posted, they are in a luxury suite (which would explain them also with the Sam's advertising at the ballpark). They have many, many seats. Joseph or Josiah could have gone (JD is away with some younger Howlers at an aviation show in Wisconsin right now). It's not as if Josh paid his way in to that game; I'm sure the Duggars in the group were all comped, since it looks like they did some promos while they were there. 

It's The Sam's Club community room at Arvest Stadium. It's hardly a luxury suite. It's 9 dollars a person.

• Love 5
It's hard to tell but I'd bet 99% that's not Meredith. I have a newborn baby, they're not nearly so big in an infant seat, plus can't hold the head up to look around like that baby is. I'd put that baby around 5-6 months.

JessDVD, I was being silly.  I'm 99% sure that's a doll, although that doll's got a better chance of living a normal life than an M.

• Love 1

JessDVD, I was being silly.  I'm 99% sure that's a doll, although that doll's got a better chance of living a normal life than an M.

Darn it, I hate it when my silly/sarcasm detector is off! I blame the post-partum hormones.

• Love 2

Maybe he was dressed in hand me downs he wasn't ready for yet?
  • Love 3
(edited)

I'd almost guess it's Sierra's latest crotch dropping, but the girl behind her looks like she might have recently delivered. 

Also, Meredith would be under the care of a JSlave, not on the ground by some hangers-on. 

eta: Thanks for clarifying the location of that place at the ballpark. I went with Suite based on the TV on the wall. Shows how many luxury suites I've even been in (grand total ZERO, despite thousands of trips to the ballpark over the years). LOL

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2
(edited)

As an aside, I know that I'm coming at this from a biased perspective, not being a kid person in general, but the idea of being 27 and having four children ages 6 and under? *shudder* Of course, if you really like kids, more power to you, but what I have an issue with is how it's treated as a mandate.

I'm 99% sure I would have had a nervous breakdown if I were in Anna's position.

Co-sign this entire post. I only have one and I've decided two is my absolute limit. If I was Anna, I'd be institutionalized.

Props to those who do have a heart for having lots of kids, but I know what I can & cannot handle. And I'll admit it.

Having just labored and delivered (girl #4, born on Anna's due date because you all wanted to know that), I would agree that L&D without cameras may very well have been infinitely more relaxing for Anna.

I love the name Meredith Grace. I hope Anna's recovery is smooth and as JB&M-free as possible. Like maybe Josh and Anna can move somewhere and forget to tell them where to, free.

Congratulations, JessDVD!

I like the name Meredith and appreciate that 1) it's an actual name and 2) it's not spelled you-neeek-ly. Add me to the list of people who looked twice at the baby announcement and thought "wait, that has to be a misprint. They didn't name her Meredyth?" I am in my early 30s and knew a couple of Merediths in college. I teach college and have had several students in their early 20s named Meredith. Perhaps it's more popular in the South (where I live & went to undergrad).

As for Josh at the baseball game- if Anna's cool with it, then great. But maybe don't Instagram it as fodder for those who feel like he should be at home or want to despise everything he does. It probably wouldn't hurt your image if you just let us think you were at home helping with the new baby, Josh. Instead you shout to the world via social media that you're not.

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 3

Is that the Hartuno guy Josh is standing next to in the instagram.  There is a picture of Hartuno (or whatever or however you spell his name) on instagram and I think taken by his sister.  He is holding the latest M.

Interesting that the Hartono brother and sister are there.  Why?  Filming something?  Visiting Jana?  Strange.

Well, he's not visiting JD, who's off at an aviation show (a friend of a friend spotted them there today) in OshKosh, WI, which jives with the plane record. 

There's an ATI conference in the Twin Cities starting tomorrow; I am curious as to whether any Duggars will show up. I think it's safe to say that the Smuggars are persona non grata at these things for a while, even if most of the Gothard leghumpers forgave him because Jesus.

• Love 3

Maybe they can't announce the true dob because Josh wasn't there for whatever reason and they didn't want people to speculate that Anna dumped him. They had to wait to get Josh n the announcement picture first.

• Love 1

That's possible. I really do wonder how everyone feels about Josh right now. Given their world, it would have been easier in a lot of ways to forgive him years ago for something most of us see as a far greater violation. But this time, they aren't sure where to find the sin, but it's a terrible punishment. (Agsin, translating)

• Love 1

I'm surprise by the name and that its not spelled differently. I hope she wasn't named after

Meredith Viera. But I do like the name. Its old but some old names are really good. I'm

so glad she wasn't named after Michelle. Or they didn't use it or her mom's name

for a middle name.

I could almost swear that Meredith once joked with them about naming a baby after her. I wonder if they're trying to get a spot on her talk show by picking that name? 

• Love 2