Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

15 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

A poster on Reddit, who later said their family attends the same church, says he has/had C diff. Grain of salt and all.

eta, there's speculation there that he was airlifted to the Little Rock children's hospital.

airlift, children's hospital, IVs, c diff, CT scans....   

Yeah. Snapshot material if I ever saw any. 

• Sad 14

Medical helicopter transfers are very expensive. My husband required air transfer from our small local hospital to a larger medical center after having a heart attack. By air, it was about 15 minutes to the specialized heart care center.  Our insurance was billed $32,000+, this was 4 years ago. 

I am curious about what necessitated a helicopter ambulance for Spurgeon. If this episode was staged, I hope proof of that comes out and Jessa gets slammed for it.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, whydoiwatch said:

Medical helicopter transfers are very expensive. My husband required air transfer from our small local hospital to a larger medical center after having a heart attack. By air, it was about 15 minutes to the specialized heart care center.  Our insurance was billed $32,000+, this was 4 years ago. 

I am curious about what necessitated a helicopter ambulance for Spurgeon. If this episode was staged, I hope proof of that comes out and Jessa gets slammed for it.

Yeah after a really severe wreck a few years ago, my aunt was taken to a hospital via chopper, and it was easily a $20,000 bill, if not more. 

The words to convey how appalled I am that Jessa is using her son having a medical emergency like this don't exist. And sadly I don't think she would ever process why it is so appalling. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 19
5 minutes ago, satrunrose said:

Well, congrats to Jessa for winning/inheriting my "Worst Duggar Parent" trophy from her Mother (of the year). What kind of parent takes freaking pictures when their child is sick enough to require an air lift and then is enough of a raving narcissist to post those all over social media to sell stuff? Jesus Wept.

Jill R says hold my beer. She not only took pictures in the ER but gloated how Nurie and Kaylee were so thin they could easily exit the car through a the windows. It’s all Jessa knows, her worth is tied to bringing in the money. Even though she allegedly has a headship she must pimp her kids out because her husband can’t provide. 

• Sad 19
1 minute ago, SMama said:

Jill R says hold my beer. She not only took pictures in the ER but gloated how Nurie and Kaylee were so thin they could easily exit the car through a the windows. It’s all Jessa knows, her worth is tied to bringing in the money. Even though she allegedly has a headship she must pimp her kids out because her husband can’t provide. 

Jessa could take lessons from her sister. Jeremy isn't providing, yet Jinger keeps her kids off the internet.

• Like 10
29 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

To take the time to make these posts showing how ill Spurge is, and then not giving an explanation is a very strange thing to do.  Either film the poor kid and give the details, or keep the whole thing private.  I think she is just looking for clicks.

Exactly, I think she's bulding anticipation for her next video.

• Like 2
  • Sad 9

This is the second post about this Christian medical plan from Jessa and both posts showed Spurg. The second post was longer so maybe the company upped their price but demanded more Spurg? I think one or two of the Bateses, maybe Carlin or Josie or Whit, also posted once for this company or a similar one. Jessa clearly has more followers and the first post may have gotten a lot of views. Nothing would surprise me about Jessa. She is certainly following her parents ways.

• Sad 8
6 hours ago, Future Cat Lady said:

Could it be all be fake? Like they filmed a commercial for the company. It’s fishy that she never mentionned her kid’s injury. It would have to be serious if they needed the helicopter. Of course, she could be saving it for a special video.

5 hours ago, Fosca said:

Could MedicCorps have borrowed a helicopter and faked the IV?

(I'm not normally a conspiracy theorist, but Duggars bring out the worst in me)

I would not be surprised if this were staged- they do seem to have access to a helicopter and medical thingies. I cannot imagine something that severe happened to spurgeon and she didn’t milk it for all it’s worth at the time. 

• Like 5
2 hours ago, SMama said:

I can't believe I'm saying this (although Jill still holds the title for Worst Mother overall for apparently half-starving her kids) but at least when Jill took those awful pictures she knew the girls were only scraped up and were going to be fine. If it's bad enough to be airlifted, I don't think Jessa could possibly say it was no biggie at that point.

I realize Jessa learned from the worst, but her siblings grew up in the same household and are either a) limiting their children's social media presence or b) not showing the kids in serious medical distress. (And as an added bonus, aren't making money off a child's medical emergency right after lecturing secular families about how they couldn't possibly be a good parent without Fundie Jesus). 

• Like 10
  • Love 4

C diff is clostridium difficile which is a particularly nasty bacterium that takes up residence in the digestive tract.  It frequently occurs after being treated with antibiotics.  Some antibiotics are more likely to have this happen.  It results in frequent diarrhea.  For my neighbor it was watery diarrhea after eating anything even plain steamed white rice.  It then requires treatment with antibiotics and quite likely probiotics to get rid of it and it can recur even after treatment.  Sometimes it's so persistent that it can require surgery and more to restore normal functioning.  

Edited by Absolom
  • Sad 9
  • Useful 9
7 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

To take the time to make these posts showing how ill Spurge is, and then not giving an explanation is a very strange thing to do.  Either film the poor kid and give the details, or keep the whole thing private.  I think she is just looking for clicks.

EXACTLY. it is utterly sickening.

• Like 4
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

Of course she is. And, we know her track record. IMO it's not just the clicks, she gets off on concealing information, dragging out disclosures, dropping misleading "hints," and generally doing sh*t that makes her feel in control of the narrative. Like, how many times did she stir up clicks and tame People stories that they were "considering adoption," and  coyly drop hints about expecting twins? IIRC she reacted badly and strongly when Ben's sister disclosed info about Spurgeon shortly after he was born (and before he was named).

IMO it's no surprise that she posted those photos appearing to show Spurgeon in an urgent medical situation without explanation. I'm sure her adoring public is waiting expectantly at her feet to be slowly fed bits of information as Queen Jessa [aka She Who Must Be Obeyed and Worshipped] doles them out.

7 hours ago, Absolom said:

C diff is clostridium difficile which is a particularly nasty bacterium that takes up residence in the digestive tract.  It frequently occurs after being treated with antibiotics.  Some antibiotics are more likely to have this happen.  It results in frequent diarrhea.  For my neighbor it was watery diarrhea after eating anything even plain steamed white rice.  It then requires treatment with antibiotics and quite likely probiotics to get rid of it and it can recur even after treatment.  Sometimes it's so persistent that it can require surgery and more to restore normal functioning.  

I hope that Reddit got it wrong, and Spurgeon doesn't have C diff, but that ^^ is right. I've fortunately never had it, but I have seen how bad, and enduring, it can be, from friends who have. I can't see Jessa bothering to clean up her house and monitor her kids sufficiently to protect her family from infection/re-infection, which is the main reason I hope that Spurgeon didn't have C diff. Remember, Jessa thought it was cool to not only accumulate an impressive pile of dirty diapers on top of a very dusty dresser, but to post a photo of that mess on social media. As much as I loathe her and her eejit husband, I really don't wish that kind of illness on any of them, especially those young children.

• Like 14
  • Sad 9

So many things are written as facts on internet sites (Like The Sun, have I mentioned I can’t stand them??) due to comments on that other forum. I was there once, never posted, I am thankful for the rules here, most of the time. 🤣😂

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 9
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

(Like The Sun, have I mentioned I can’t stand them??)

I can't either, but I appreciate them apparently thinking all the Duggar sons are named Jed! in their trial coverage. LMAO I think about that a lot, and it never fails to crack me up. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 12

Oh wow, the comments on Jessa’s Instagram are mostly negative. It looks like the company is responding to the positive ones with either Thanks or Happy you are happy type messages. Maybe Jessa isn’t bothering to even look at the comments, she’s definitely not deleting.

Isn’t it almost time for the Spurg birthday week posts? Maybe he is still sick, if he did have C diff it sounds like a nasty, lingering illness. 

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Isn’t it almost time for the Spurg birthday week posts? Maybe he is still sick, if he did have C diff it sounds like a nasty, lingering illness. 

I believe his birth week has come and gone already. 

• Useful 1
19 hours ago, beckie said:

What is C diff?

C diff is an awful intestinal infection. I got it last summer. Had a 105 degree fever, truly frightening diarrhea (like going 20 times an hour), needed to be in the hospital for three days with an IV. Truly awful stuff. I could not picture anyone taking a picture of me in that condition. Luckily my mom isn't psycho.

What gets me is that Jessa isn't taking pictures of Spurge to "share experiences with her followers." I could sort of get that, although it's gross, bc I get that sometimes social media influencers feel as if they have to share personal experiences. She's doing it to PLUG A SHITTY CHRISTIAN HEALTH-COST SHARING NETWORK.

• Like 9
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Hugs 5
  • Sad 7
  • Applause 7
2 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

C diff is an awful intestinal infection. I got it last summer. Had a 105 degree fever, truly frightening diarrhea (like going 20 times an hour), needed to be in the hospital for three days with an IV. Truly awful stuff. I could not picture anyone taking a picture of me in that condition. Luckily my mom isn't psycho.

What gets me is that Jessa isn't taking pictures of Spurge to "share experiences with her followers." I could sort of get that, although it's gross, bc I get that sometimes social media influencers feel as if they have to share personal experiences. She's doing it to PLUG A SHITTY CHRISTIAN HEALTH-COST SHARING NETWORK.

I could understand that too. I wouldn't be thrilled about Spurge's privacy being disrespected, but I would understand it if Jessa talked about him having C diff to commiserate with other parents or other individuals who have experienced C diff and to compare experiences, provide advice, etc. But that would entail Jessa considering the perspectives of others which is not an area of strength for her. She is just something else.

• Like 6
  • Love 10
14 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

I could understand that too. I wouldn't be thrilled about Spurge's privacy being disrespected, but I would understand it if Jessa talked about him having C diff to commiserate with other parents or other individuals who have experienced C diff and to compare experiences, provide advice, etc. But that would entail Jessa considering the perspectives of others which is not an area of strength for her. She is just something else.

It just doesn't even cross their minds.

They're all terrible at being "influencers" because they don't really understand the concept -- and are totally unwilling to learn. I would bet a million dollars that Jessa doesn't follow anyone else to learn anything about how a successful influencer presents content. I would also bet that none of them will ever read a book or take a class to learn anything about what they do to put food on the table. I do believe that Jinger and Jeremy hired someone to help them with their presentation (or MacArthur did), but that's it.

If this was part of Jessa's long running narrative about the joys as well as the trials and tribulations of raising kids while trying to remain "separate" from the mainstream, secular world she might have an audience. She (and her sisters) can't seem to nail down the narrative, and it's hard to follow because there's no plot and no point to her random posts.

Edited by cmr2014
  • Like 6
  • Love 6

It's only the Duggar daughters who are shilling on SM. The DILs stuck their respective toes in the water a bit, and have pretty much disappeared from SM. I assume that the "jobs" that the sons have at Duggar Enterprises are making enought for them to provide for their families.

Ben is an outlier, though, the only SIL still tied to the TTH. I've always assumed it was because Jessa and JB are controlling assholes and won't give him any space (and I'm sure that's true), but I wonder if that's the whole story.

Michael Seawald is a pretty big asshole, and it's not unusual for teenage boys to have issues with their fathers -- especially giant assholes like MS. I've always assumed that Ben and Jessa's limited interactions with the Seawalds were because of Jessa, but maybe they're because Ben wants to limit contact.

While he always appears genuinely miserable to me, he is getting what he wants out of this deal: he gets sex with the "hot" daughter; he went to school (when none of the Duggar sons got that opportunity); he's "working" as a pastor, etc.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

The Duggars just put stuff on the Internet for cash without any sort of plan and it somehow works for them because of their TV fame. Complete nobodies could not pull this off.

If they would actually have a plan and work on it, they could make so much more money. But they're lazy and think they know everything.

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 6
On 11/14/2022 at 11:37 PM, Absolom said:

C diff is also resistant to treatment and highly contagious.

• Like 2
  • Sad 12
  • Useful 1
9 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

They're all terrible at being "influencers" because they don't really understand the concept

I still believe that they all got a crash course 101 on social media and monetization during the Counting On run.  It seemed like they all started around that time to post deliberatley obvious albiet poor attempts on social media to gain followers and make some coin.

I do agree that is some of them would learn to do it right, it could be quite lucrative.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
49 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Oh my goodness. Jessa has partnered with Walmart. They made their own little commercial-like reel and its like something out of the 50s.

I watched it.  Jessa looks like she’s pregnant, again. 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 7
  • Useful 2