Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

18 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

She got really defensive about not having two sinks in the master bath. 

She's really an unpleasant person.

I liked their vanity. I’ve never had a double sink and I like the idea of more counter space, although it would probably be a junk collector. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
On 11/16/2022 at 2:33 PM, farmgal4 said:

C diff is also resistant to treatment and highly contagious.

I retired from 31 years of working in a large hospital.  One year, in the late 1990’s, the hospital had a terrible c-diff pandemic, spreading rapidly from ward to ward.  The Purell dispensers were removed because it is not effective against c-diff.  You must use soap and water and lots of friction.  And of course gloves and gowns.  And having to bleach down all of my X-ray equipment after each patient.

• Sad 13
  • Useful 2
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

This was a good choice for them, and they did a good job. I'm guessing that WalMart sent a film crew who tried to make it look like a home video. Jessa always half-asses everything, and there's just no way she did this -- much less got the big smiles out of Ben.

It will be interesting to see if there's any blow-back on this. WalMart isn't exclusively in small rural areas anymore and being associated with bigots might not be something that they want to avoid.

Jessa could be pregnant, but it's more likely just the hideous, shapeless dress she's wearing.

• Like 3
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Beige, beige, beige. Nothing says Christmas like beige!

2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

She addresses comments about the shelf over their  bed. 🤦‍♀️

Who would want to watch 20 minutes of her wandering around her home and droning on about it? And there’s a part 1? Lordy, her leghumpers must be the leghumpiest of leghumpers that ever leghumped.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 17
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, StaceyNotStacie said:

I liked their vanity. I’ve never had a double sink and I like the idea of more counter space, although it would probably be a junk collector. 

My new house came with two sinks, and I had one unplumbed and put in a large counter top instead.  The plumbing is there, but I much prefer the large counter space, and it is one less sink to clean or leak.

• Like 3
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, Kbo said:

Nothing screams holiday like a family dressed in beige and brown 🙄. I want to reach through the screen with scissors and lop a foot off Jessa’s hair. 

And slap her silly. She is so horrible.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
5 hours ago, Kbo said:

Nothing screams holiday like a family dressed in beige and brown 🙄. I want to reach through the screen with scissors and lop a foot off Jessa’s hair. 

Yeah, are they all color-blind so they don't care? Criminy ann, wear something non-neutral!

We have two sinks in our master--one for my husband and one for the cats and me.

• LOL 9
2 hours ago, louannems said:

I retired from 31 years of working in a large hospital.  One year, in the late 1990’s, the hospital had a terrible c-diff pandemic, spreading rapidly from ward to ward.  The Purell dispensers were removed because it is not effective against c-diff.  You must use soap and water and lots of friction.  And of course gloves and gowns.  And having to bleach down all of my X-ray equipment after each patient.

It can spread like wildfire in nursing homes and day care centers.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

She’s just dry as a bone.  No personality whatsoever.

The bland beige color palette really suits her.  

I watched the boring house tour.  The place actually looked fairly clean and uncluttered, she must've done it right after they moved in.  Her decorating skills lean to the bland and boring, too.  The kids rooms are like cells, so uninviting.  The only pictures on the walls are from the dumb photo shoot they did in the field.  And, even in the laundry room, there is a picture of Jessa and Ben smooching.  Yuck.

I counted no fewer than 3 ads in the 20 minutes.  There has been a huge increase in shilling by all all 4 of the married sisters recently.  Methinks JB had to pay FF's lawyers and decided to deduct it from their distributions.

• Like 7
  • Useful 5
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

Jessa is the definition of merry. lol

Merry is definitely the first word that comes to mind when we think of jessa!  😁

5 hours ago, louannems said:

In all my years working in nursing homes, we lost many residents to it. 

• Sad 16

The open floor plans that have become popular in recent years (with people ripping walls out of older homes) have a lot to do with the popularity of neutral color schemes. When your kitchen, dining room and living room (like Jessa's and Joy's) are all one big room a color you might in a kitchen (a bright yellow!) probably won't work for the whole area.

Now, why they don't do color in the bedrooms I don't know. Maybe they just buy their paint in 20 gallon cans 🤔?

Edited by Dehumidifier
  • Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Jessa mentioned in her house tour video that her mom was the inspiration for some things like the laundry room closet. It seems like Jessa feels obligated to praise Meechelle, maybe to validate her upbringing? Like the Duggar way is the only way. I still can’t get over the freezer in the bedroom. 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Dehumidifier said:

The open floor plans that have become popular in recent years (with people ripping walls out of older homes) have a lot to do with the popularity of neutral color schemes. When your kitchen, dining room and living room (like Jessa's and Joy's) are all one big room a color you might in a kitchen (a bright yellow!) probably won't work for the whole area.

Now, why they don't do color in the bedrooms I don't know. Maybe they just buy their 20 paint in 20 gallon cans 🤔?

I have no problem with white walls, its the lack of color everywhere else. Pillows, curtains, blankets, the pots for her plants, bedspreads, wall art, throw rugs, etc.

I have a semi-open floor plan. In the main area my walls are either a barely yellow or barely gray, but no one would call my home bland, and I don't have a bunch of tchotchkes. 

• Like 4
  • Love 7

Jessa’s house seems so bland, normal ways people add color such as accent pieces, art or pillows, must be against her style. On the walls are either framed poems from Meechelle or photos of the Seewalds in bland neutral clothes! I guess Jessa has all those kissing pictures on the walls to remind Bin or something. And she is really pushing the narrative of how handy she is & all the tools she has. Is there no garage or shed to store things like that? Or does the church take care of the mowing and shoveling so they don’t need all that kind of stuff?

• Like 2
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, ozziemom said:

And she is really pushing the narrative of how handy she is & all the tools she has. Is there no garage or shed to store things like that? Or does the church take care of the mowing and shoveling so they don’t need all that kind of stuff?

Seems they had a shed they suspected someone was living in or some such thing. But surely they could get a nice, new and lockable shed from the new business Jed! has been promoting at his (daddy's) car lot. Amish Outdoor Buildings of NWA. Maybe she could do a sales pitch for them on sm too. Keeping the duggar fam money revolving in new ways between family members.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 5
  • LOL 6
15 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Jessa’s house seems so bland, normal ways people add color such as accent pieces, art or pillows, must be against her style. On the walls are either framed poems from Meechelle or photos of the Seewalds in bland neutral clothes! I guess Jessa has all those kissing pictures on the walls to remind Bin or something. And she is really pushing the narrative of how handy she is & all the tools she has. Is there no garage or shed to store things like that? Or does the church take care of the mowing and shoveling so they don’t need all that kind of stuff?

They repurposed their garage into their bedroom/laundry suite.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2

From what I've seen on YouTube, none of the people who are into the neutral decor use much color. I haven't watched Jessa's Part 2, but I thought all her plants added some color in Part 1. 

A colorful area rug is a good way to add color if you are in an apartment where you can't change the plain pale walls. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Dehumidifier said:

From what I've seen on YouTube, none of the people who are into the neutral decor use much color. I haven't watched Jessa's Part 2, but I thought all her plants added some color in Part 1. 

A colorful area rug is a good way to add color if you are in an apartment where you can't change the plain pale walls. 

Jessa's rugs blend into the woodwork. Bland bland bland.

• Love 6

She's utterly humorless. She only smiles when directed to do so in pictures.

1 minute ago, Natalie68 said:

Poor Ben.  HA!  I can't have been the only one whose mind went there!  <to the prayer closet I go>

Haha, and they don't even have bedside drawers to hide the lube. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 15
7 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Jessa mentioned in her house tour video that her mom was the inspiration for some things like the laundry room closet

Seeing Michelle's name with laundry room makes me laugh because I don't think M did the laundry. I read it was Grandma Mary. It's probably one of the girls' chores now.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

She's utterly humorless. She only smiles when directed to do so in pictures.

Haha, and they don't even have bedside drawers to hide the lube. 

Speaking of nightstands, why is a box better? She definitely reads the comments about her decor as she went into great detail on how safe that shelf above the bed is. And Fern still sleeps with them in their bed. Is this their preferred birth control method? 

• Wink 1
  • LOL 13

Regardless of what she knows or doesn't know about Freddie Mercury, or what the name "Queen" is in reference to, Jessa is still listening to a rock band (to be fair, Another One Bites the Dust is more funk, but still).

ETA: Evidently, Another One Bites the Dust has a bit of history within the Evangelical Christian community, which makes Jessa's use of the song all the more ironic. Evidently evangelists accused Queen of backmasking - i.e., the chorus played backwards allegedly states things promoting smoking marijuana (which was refuted by Queen). I'm sure Jessa doesn't know this since it would have been before her time, and I strongly suspect that she picked it because the title matched what she was trying to illustrate in the story, but it's still interesting nonetheless.

• Like 2
  • Useful 6
17 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Regardless of what she knows or doesn't know about Freddie Mercury, or what the name "Queen" is in reference to, Jessa is still listening to a rock band (to be fair, Another One Bites the Dust is more funk, but still).

It definitely has the Bill Gothard dreaded "back beat." 😂

• LOL 11
4 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Speaking of nightstands, why is a box better? She definitely reads the comments about her decor as she went into great detail on how safe that shelf above the bed is. And Fern still sleeps with them in their bed. Is this their preferred birth control method? 

I can 100% see Jessa using any of her kids to keep from having to be joyfully available.

• Like 6
1 hour ago, madpsych78 said:

ETA: Evidently, Another One Bites the Dust has a bit of history within the Evangelical Christian community, which makes Jessa's use of the song all the more ironic. Evidently evangelists accused Queen of backmasking - i.e., the chorus played backwards allegedly states things promoting smoking marijuana (which was refuted by Queen). I'm sure Jessa doesn't know this since it would have been before her time, and I strongly suspect that she picked it because the title matched what she was trying to illustrate in the story, but it's still interesting nonetheless.

I don’t think she’s actually listening to any of the songs she lists. She is full of shit.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

Regarding the lack of anything but family pictures or Bible verses, I remember a scene from the show where Jessa and Jana came as close to an argument as was ever shown.  They were redecorating Mary's pool house when Jill and Derick were returning from Danger America and Jana had gotten some small prints of flowers in blue, green, and red tint.  Jessa had a fit and told her that only family pictures were acceptable.  Jana was visibly irritated because Jessa had done nothing to help and had just swanned in at the last minute and bossed everyone around.  It wasn't clear who won the argument, but I hope it was Jana.

• Like 13
  • Useful 3
  • Love 6
On 11/18/2022 at 11:43 PM, Notabug said:

The bland beige color palette really suits her.  

I watched the boring house tour.  The place actually looked fairly clean and uncluttered, she must've done it right after they moved in.  Her decorating skills lean to the bland and boring, too.  The kids rooms are like cells, so uninviting.  The only pictures on the walls are from the dumb photo shoot they did in the field.  And, even in the laundry room, there is a picture of Jessa and Ben smooching.  Yuck.

I counted no fewer than 3 ads in the 20 minutes.  There has been a huge increase in shilling by all all 4 of the married sisters recently.  Methinks JB had to pay FF's lawyers and decided to deduct it from their distributions.

Laundry room picture of them smooching is a timesaver. Barf on your clothes, and the washer is right there. Super convenient!!

• LOL 20
8 minutes ago, LilJen said:

Laundry room picture of them smooching is a timesaver. Barf on your clothes, and the washer is right there. Super convenient!!

I’m thinking that may be the reason for Spurgeon’s illness. 😆

• Mind Blown 1
  • Wink 2
  • LOL 7
10 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I was only half watching this thing. Did Jessa put smooching pictures in the "guest room?" She said that the room is pretty frequently used. I want to know who visits them? Flame? 😂

Maybe they have Bin’s parents and all his siblings sleep together in the guest room. Who else could be visiting? We know her besties JinJer don’t come to Arkansas. This could be like at TTH where random people just visit like that Elijah dude.

• Like 2

That desk Spurgeon uses is tiny, no room for creative learning, just enough space for his boring workbooks 

When we homeschooled for almost 1 1/2 years due to pandemic lockdowns, we often had our table, full of ideas being explored with things from around the house. I was far from being a great home teacher, but I did give the kids space to learn 

Edited by Totally
  • Like 10
  • Love 5

I'm no fan of Jessa but when it comes to the kids Ben has a responsibility.  He has gotten an education.  He needed it for his career.  What is HE doing to ensure that HIS children get an adequate education for their futures?  Jessa doesn't know better.  He does.  

• Like 10
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 9
  • Love 5
On 11/19/2022 at 6:18 PM, ozziemom said:

She said she sold their headboard and nightstands. The are using a big round wooden box and a small chair as nightstands. I suspect they are temporary.

5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Minimalist kids' rooms, with color.

image.png.710eb5820e51217bdca83cda21e53be0.pngimage.png.eb9c24de91ce0fbc69c4a1bbe8355400.png

I shared a bedroom with my brother until I was 10 and he was 5. The room (about 8x10 feet) contained two twin beds, and a chifforobe. It was painted light blue and the only decor was an embroidered  valance. I only remember owning one book -- The Little Engine That Could. I used to look at my parents newspaper. I learned colors, reading and writing with no problem.

The current baby in my family has a small bedroom that is white, beige, gray with touches of pink. She has been learning her colors recently, in the typical 18-24 months of age period.

It is a symptom of affluenza that children are expected to have a kaleidoscope room/library in their house to learn anything. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
4 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

She said she sold their headboard and nightstands. The are using a big round wooden box and a small chair as nightstands. I suspect they are temporary.

I shared a bedroom with my brother until I was 10 and he was 5. The room (about 8x10 feet) contained two twin beds, and a chifforobe. It was painted light blue and the only decor was an embroidered  valance. I only remember owning one book -- The Little Engine That Could. I used to look at my parents newspaper. I learned colors, reading and writing with no problem.

The current baby in my family has a small bedroom that is white, beige, gray with touches of pink. She has been learning her colors recently, in the typical 18-24 months of age period.

It is a symptom of affluenza that children are expected to have a kaleidoscope room/library in their house to learn anything. 

Learning colors?

I grew up in a 3 bedroom, 1 bath home with 2 parents and 3 siblings. We were free range kids and spent the majority of our time outside. But my mom took pride in our home. She helped us make our bedrooms cozy happy places, because we mattered. It had nothing to do with learning colors. We were kids, life was free and vibrant and our rooms reflected that.

Even hospitals and nursing homes have realized white, sterile environments are detrimental to most human spirits. 

But really, to each their own. I want my house to be alive and to be our haven. Jessa's home does not do that for me.

• Like 10
  • Applause 8
  • Love 4