Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

30 minutes ago, Zella said:

Also most of the pastors I know do it as a part-time gig. Well, not even part-time. (I realize this varies by denomination.) They have full-time jobs through the week and the money they make for preaching on Sunday is a very small portion of their income. Whatever work they do with the congregation beyond that isn't compensated. 

If Ben really was interested in being a pastor, beyond the other concerns you've raised, it doesn't preclude him from pursuing another career to support himself and his family. 

Yes the vast majority of pastors in the USA are bi-vocational. Nothing wrong with Ben being a pastor if he has the calling for it, but he’s supposed to take care of his own household first. We don’t see him doing that. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Love 8
50 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Yes the vast majority of pastors in the USA are bi-vocational. Nothing wrong with Ben being a pastor if he has the calling for it, but he’s supposed to take care of his own household first. We don’t see him doing that. 

Yup. And if he did adequately provide for his family, prickly Jessa could get off social media. She doesn't seem to enjoy it.

• Like 6
  • Love 3
30 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Yup. And if he did adequately provide for his family, prickly Jessa could get off social media. She doesn't seem to enjoy it.

I think she likes giving a middle finger to the haters. I also think she's too self-involved and sheltered to realize her middle fingers are not particularly effective and are usually some combination of inadvertandly hilarious and sad instead. 

• Like 8
  • LOL 9
  • Love 5
31 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

She doesn't know any other way to live, except to have everything in her life documented and put out for public consumption. Unfortunately. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2
39 minutes ago, Zella said:

I think she likes giving a middle finger to the haters. I also think she's too self-involved and sheltered to realize her middle fingers are not particularly effective and are usually some combination of inadvertandly hilarious and sad instead. 

But she bans haters. She banned me years ago on her very first FU haterz!!!! 12 post. You remember it: Jessa and Ben sucking face with a message about straight marriage. I have no clue what I said, which means it was unremarkable. Yet she banned me. 😂

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
14 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

But she bans haters. She banned me years ago on her very first FU haterz!!!! 12 post. You remember it: Jessa and Ben sucking face with a message about straight marriage. I have no clue what I said, which means it was unremarkable. Yet she banned me. 😂

Oh she certainly doesn't have any actual interest in engaging with the haters, but a lot of her content does seem generated to be a middle finger to them all the same. She's the queen of spiting her own nose right off her face. 

• Like 10
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

I wonder if she's been banning comments against her Christian medical cost sharing insurance plan. I've seen enough screenshots that I know there was plenty of dissent, much of it from self-proclaimed Christians. Did she bite the hands that have literally fed her?

• Like 5
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I remember that picture. Ben looks like he's forcing himself not to break away.

I'm laughing at it now.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
10 hours ago, Zella said:

Also most of the pastors I know do it as a part-time gig. Well, not even part-time. (I realize this varies by denomination.) They have full-time jobs through the week and the money they make for preaching on Sunday is a very small portion of their income. Whatever work they do with the congregation beyond that isn't compensated. 

If Ben really was interested in being a pastor, beyond the other concerns you've raised, it doesn't preclude him from pursuing another career to support himself and his family. 

My former church's pastor also worked full-time at one of the major factories in town. He even took a pay cut when the church didn't have the money to pay him his regular salary. 
The church I'm going to now pays a huge salary to our part-time preacher (he makes a lot more money than I do) and he's never available because he has two other jobs as a chaplin. If a church member needs assistance, he hands it off to someone else because he's too busy (even before the 2nd chaplin job).  I am honestly wondering how much longer the church will be existence. It’s not a huge church, but when he started five years ago we had about 60-70 people. Now, we have about 25 on a Sunday.  
Ben has more than enough time to either get a 2nd job or at least get out in the community and try to drum up interest in the chuch.  

Edited by Lisa418722
  • Like 2
  • Useful 5
  • Love 8

Pastors having a second job hasn't been part of my life experience. My son-in-law is a pastor and doesn't have a second job. That Ben and Jessa have a parsonage is probably quite beneficial to them financially. That it's so close to the church probably means they have very little privacy from the parishioners. That said, with young people not exactly attending in droves and older parishioners dying off, the Seewalds' future may be very hand to mouth in the years to come. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 3
  • Love 6
20 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

That it's so close to the church probably means they have very little privacy from the parishioners. 

Luckily for Jessa there are about a dozen parishioners so they are good in that respect.

• LOL 13
3 hours ago, SMama said:

Luckily for Jessa there are about a dozen parishioners so they are good in that respect.

With so few parishioners, does Bin do any pastoral care? Or is he just the Sunday preacher? Doesn’t seem like enough to do to keep a person occupied for more than a few hours a week. Bin must still be doing some sort of work for JB, but since no one living at the TTH posts much, who knows what. There are still school age kids living there but perhaps they are 100% online/computer courses so no teacher needed.

• Like 5
  • Love 4

Spurgeon is seven?!  Jessa is not doing well by those children.  He's just a bit over a year younger than my granddaughter.  He isn't even doing the things she did when she just turned six.  Last fall she was reading chapter books and figuring out multiplication and division on her own.  He had quite a bit of promise when he was two and three.  She's probably failing all four of those kids.  Spurgeon and Henry definitely would be immensely better off in school.  He has to be bored fiddling around with the younger kids all day and only being given the non-challenging workbooks we've seen Jessa give him.  

• Like 5
  • Sad 13
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Spurgeon is seven?!  Jessa is not doing well by those children.  He's just a bit over a year younger than my granddaughter.  He isn't even doing the things she did when she just turned six.  Last fall she was reading chapter books and figuring out multiplication and division on her own.  He had quite a bit of promise when he was two and three.  She's probably failing all four of those kids.  Spurgeon and Henry definitely would be immensely better off in school.  He has to be bored fiddling around with the younger kids all day and only being given the non-challenging workbooks we've seen Jessa give him.  

Plus the other kids seem to be all over him and his “school” area, hardly conducive to learning. Where’s Bin? He’s failing his kids too.

• Like 19
  • Sad 4
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

Jessa posted a cute IG video of Fern's love for a snowman Christmas ornament.  The music Jessa used was Mariah Carey's All I Want for Christmas is You.  I'm always encouraged to hear a secular song on a Duggar IG.

I'm shocked that she's decorating for Christmas. I always pictured her as a hardcore Happy Birthday Jesus type.

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I'm shocked that she's decorating for Christmas. I always pictured her as a hardcore Happy Birthday Jesus type.

Oh she's all about Christmas trees. She even put up her tree early and took it down late during the first Christmas season of the pandemic.

• Useful 1

Jessa is shilling that health care sort of insurance again. More of Spurg and his trip to the hospital. He went in a helicopter, appears that Bin is comforting him but someone is filming the whole thing! My guess is Jessa, just like Meechelle, capturing everything on film. Comments are asking what happened to Spurg, but no response.

Looks like she moved her post from stories on Instagram to a regular post with no comments allowed. Hmmmm that was fast! There were a number of negative comments about how lots of things aren’t covered too.

Edited by ozziemom
Additional info
  • Mind Blown 11
  • Useful 6
30 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Jessa is shilling that health care sort of insurance again. More of Spurg and his trip to the hospital. He went in a helicopter, appears that Bin is comforting him but someone is filming the whole thing! My guess is Jessa, just like Meechelle, capturing everything on film. Comments are asking what happened to Spurg, but no response.

Looks like she moved her post from stories on Instagram to a regular post with no comments allowed. Hmmmm that was fast! There were a number of negative comments about how lots of things aren’t covered too.

So she films it and posts it, but won't answer questions about what happened? Sounds about right! At least Ben was comforting the poor kid.

• Like 7
  • Sad 10
59 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

So she films it and posts it, but won't answer questions about what happened? Sounds about right! At least Ben was comforting the poor kid.

I guess since the post showed her trips to the hospital to have a baby as well as Spurg, the intent was to show everything that was covered by this wonderful plan. 

• Like 4
25 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

But they had to pay for the copter out of pocket! That was easily 5 figures.

eta Can someone copy her post for those of us she's blocked? 😀

F8E2ED4F-6046-4ADF-9806-BF50B71E6C53.jpeg
This is the link: https://www.chministries.org/open-enrollment/?utm_campaign=infl_jessaseewald&utm_source=jessaseewald&utm_medium=jessaseewald_instagram_story_november_2022_open_enrollment&fbclid=PAAaa_1sNQZkU0gZGtgX0QS7L_wfqNK2Qeyj0J76Fp20Dhirx9maK1ar75ys4

Edited by FizzyPuff
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, ozziemom said:

In a helicopter? Good grief. ....And you can't make me believe that a conservative-Christian-health-payment-collab would pay for that in....nearly any circumstance....

• Like 3
  • Love 9

Could it be all be fake? Like they filmed a commercial for the company. It’s fishy that she never mentionned her kid’s injury. It would have to be serious if they needed the helicopter. Of course, she could be saving it for a special video.

Edited by Future Cat Lady
  • Useful 5
  • Love 6
14 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

Could it be all be fake? Like they filmed a commercial for the company. It’s fishy that she never mentionned her kid’s injury. It would have to be serious if they needed the helicopter. Of course, she could be saving it for a special video.

I did not think of it being fake,as in a commercial.  I believe she would face major backlash if see presented her child being injured and it was just a commercial.  I also wonder if tge company would spend the much money for a commercial.  I think they would be more of a " talking head" type of company.  Some one talking about the benefits. 

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

I wouldn’t put it past her. 

17 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I did not think of it being fake,as in a commercial.  I believe she would face major backlash if see presented her child being injured and it was just a commercial.  I also wonder if tge company would spend the much money for a commercial.  I think they would be more of a " talking head" type of company.  Some one talking about the benefits. 

Then why has she not been clear on WHY he needed such extreme measures and care?

• Like 3
  • Love 5
43 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

I thought that too until I saw the IV on Spurg's arm.  That detail makes me think the pictures were taken from a real incident that actually happened.  There's authenticity and overkill and a fake IV is overkill.

• Love 3
43 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

I wouldn’t put it past her. 

Then why has she not been clear on WHY he needed such extreme measures and care?

I have no idea. Just seems to be a lot going on ambulance,  helicopter, IV hookup ect to be fake. Now it may be fake but if so I think that she will get some blow back.

A poster on Reddit, who later said their family attends the same church, says he has/had C diff. Grain of salt and all.

eta, there's speculation there that he was airlifted to the Little Rock children's hospital.

Edited by galaxygirl76
  • Thanks 3
  • Useful 6