Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

Jessa rather defensively says in the video that she gets "baby fever" because they're "so cute." Then she says she's not against birth control, only the types that prevent implantation.

She looks about as thrilled to be pregnant as she is with teaching the kids. "Baby fever" indeed. More like Saturday night sex night led to #5.

• Like 4
  • Sad 7
  • Useful 2
30 minutes ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

Jessa and Ben don't use birth control. She seems to get sick of her kids once they're not babies anymore. Fern is going to be 2 in July. No one is shocked by this. 

How can she be "joyfully available" and have 2 year spaced babies?  Hypocrite?

• Like 3

Of course she has to give us her birth control opinion. Baby fever and then boredom with homeschooling. She’ll probably have 10 kids.
Spurgeon seemed about as thrilled as the Duggar kids were with each of Michelle’s baby announcements. 

• Like 9
  • Sad 3
14 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

How can she be "joyfully available" and have 2 year spaced babies?  Hypocrite?

She might be "joyfully available" but considering Ben and Jessa don't seem to like each other very much, maybe Ben is "unjoyfully unavailable."

• Like 7
  • LOL 12

The gave their old house to her brother Jer and his wife Hannah, who had it moved to a piece of land they owned.

Huge new police/fire department building across from their old property, which is being sold for commercial use. [A while back it was said that an ambulance company was buying it.]

• Useful 5
2 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Jessa rather defensively says in the video that she gets "baby fever" because they're "so cute." Then she says she's not against birth control, only the types that prevent implantation.

She looks about as thrilled to be pregnant as she is with teaching the kids. "Baby fever" indeed. More like Saturday night sex night led to #5.

I feel like the birth control methods that prevent implantation would be less like abortion than the birth control methods that are intended after implantation, if you know what I mean. 

Unless she means that she's not against condoms (which again, I would put more in the "prevent implantation" group). But Jill articulated this better in terms of differentiating between chemical and non-chemical methods of BC.

ETA: OMG, I use HelloFresh!

ETA2: Jessa, the 3+3+1 = 7 was kind of cute for Henry since he seems to be good at math, but I had no idea what that was supposed to mean until you explained it. Maybe 2 (adults) + 4 (children) + 1 or something different.

• Like 6
1 minute ago, madpsych78 said:

I feel like the birth control methods that prevent implantation would be less like abortion than the birth control methods that are intended after implantation, KWIM? 

Unless she means that she's not against condoms (which again, I would put more in the "prevent implantation" group). But Jill articulated this better in terms of differentiating between chemical and non-chemical methods of BC.

Condoms prevent fertilization. Preventing implantation means preventing a fertilized egg from implanting in the uterine wall which I always thought was how IUDs work, but recently I read somewhere that that is not the case.

• Like 1

I'm really confused.

She was pregnant in the fall and miscarried, and now she' pregnant again?

Is the fall pregnancy the one that @GingerGirlreferenced in her post? Is there a new pregnancy.

I'm shocked, either way. Like @Lady Whistleup I don't think Ben and Jessa like each other very much, plus co-sleeping, I'm amazed that they keep the blessing train running so regularly.

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Lady Whistleup said:

OMG can we just STOP with the myth that IUDs prevent implantation? It was a theory for many years and *might* be true, but we KNOW from research that they prevent fertilization and sometimes ovulation. I would also love it if fundies would make the distinction between a fertilized egg and pregnancy (fertilized AND implanted). But we know that's too complicated for the schoolmarm of the School of Roller Skating and Spelling. Hell, not even Plan B causes an abortion: if a pregnancy is there, it does nothing; if a woman ain't pregnant, she doesn't get pregnant.

• Like 4
  • Applause 6
  • Love 1

I think she miscarried the baby spoken about at the beginning. At the end of the video she shows the drawing that they used with the kids. She said summer baby and then miscarried around Christmas. She was early in pregnancy. Again why tell the kids do early?  

• Like 6

That video was so strange. Jessa tried to include a couple of months of what had been going on, narrated in a very low key way. She almost sounded depressed to me. Then they show the kind of cute sharing of the pregnancy announcement, then bam! We hear about spotting and see Jessa holding an ultrasound with NFH (which apparently means no fetal heartbeat). Yet the title of the video includes the words "Happy News". So odd! Is there a living twin still gestating? Is she pregnant again? Anyway, she chose to end on a cliffhanger. Jill Rodrigues must be seething that a Duggar has stolen her miscarriage thunder!

• LOL 11
1 hour ago, LilJen said:

OMG can we just STOP with the myth that IUDs prevent implantation? It was a theory for many years and *might* be true, but we KNOW from research that they prevent fertilization and sometimes ovulation. I would also love it if fundies would make the distinction between a fertilized egg and pregnancy (fertilized AND implanted). But we know that's too complicated for the schoolmarm of the School of Roller Skating and Spelling. Hell, not even Plan B causes an abortion: if a pregnancy is there, it does nothing; if a woman ain't pregnant, she doesn't get pregnant.

I think she's also talking about BCP, because it's a big fundie talking point that BCP CAN prevent implantation.

3 hours ago, Dehumidifier said:

Condoms prevent fertilization. Preventing implantation means preventing a fertilized egg from implanting in the uterine wall which I always thought was how IUDs work, but recently I read somewhere that that is not the case.

Hormonal birth control like the pill and most IUDS prevent women from ovulating at all, as well as thinning the uterine lining. So there is no egg released to be fertilized and implanted anyway. Fundies don’t understand basic science. 🤦‍♀️

2 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

I think she's also talking about BCP, because it's a big fundie talking point that BCP CAN prevent implantation.

Most women don’t even ovulate when taking BCPs, so there is no egg released to be fertilized at all. 

Edited by AstridM
  • Like 9
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I finally realized that the video was on YouTube, not Insta, so I watched it. I am also confused. Did she announce to the kids then miscarry in December? So, not pregnant now? 

With the timeline of the house being moved interspersed, the video was confusing.

Yes, she lost the baby in December and as far as the videos go, she’s not currently pregnant. 

In the video titled Heartbreak Over the Holidays she goes into more detail. But just know that it is pretty heartbreaking to watch.

• Like 11
  • LOL 1

So if I'm understanding things correctly, Jessa miscarried at 11 weeks right before Christmas. @Zella might be able to verify when because Jessa mentioned a big storm. It seems she got the news, went to the doctors and then to the hospital for a D&C - maybe in one day, or in very quick succession. 

Either I missed it, or Jessa did not go into telling the kids. Those poor kids, that had to be very hard to hear, understand and truly process.

• Like 6
18 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

So if I'm understanding things correctly, Jessa miscarried at 11 weeks right before Christmas. @Zella might be able to verify when because Jessa mentioned a big storm. It seems she got the news, went to the doctors and then to the hospital for a D&C - maybe in one day, or in very quick succession. 

Either I missed it, or Jessa did not go into telling the kids. Those poor kids, that had to be very hard to hear, understand and truly process.

In the other video, Jessa announced to the kids. But the timeframe was so wonky that it was unclear that the implied loss at the end in December was followed by the announced pregnancy. The second video cleared up the confusion. And it was the first time I've seen Jessa show true emotion. 

• Like 10

Yeah it was a cold blast more than a winter storm. It's when we had the -25ish wind chills. I honestly don't even remember if we had precip with it. If we did, it wasn't significant. 

It came in around December 22 and started warming up on Christmas Eve. This is the same weather event that I speculated the person who broke into their shed was taking shelter from. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 3
1 hour ago, Zella said:

Yeah it was a cold blast more than a winter storm. It's when we had the -25ish wind chills. I honestly don't even remember if we had precip with it. If we did, it wasn't significant. 

It came in around December 22 and started warming up on Christmas Eve. This is the same weather event that I speculated the person who broke into their shed was taking shelter from. 

Her ultrasound pic is dated 12/22.

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Useful 6

Anyone else notice Jessa saying this will be baby #5 and she was baby #5? She went on to say maybe she and the would have a special connection. Three things struck me... first, why would a parent want a special connection to one child over another, and second, the number thing, Jessa is her father through and through, and thirdly, do Duggar babies only get assigned a number once they're born? Because technically this would have been Jessa's 6th, if they counted the previous miscarriage.

• Like 9

Not to take away from Jess’s loss but her parents blamed their first miscarriage on the use of evil birth control and this helped them down the fundie path. Now a good number of their children have experienced the same thing. What’s the reason now?  God’s will?  It surely can’t be godly punishment for wrongdoing. I realize Michelle is brain dead but does she not remember what she thought with her first loss and what it evolved into?  Joy apparently found out she has a blood problem. Oh science to the rescue, not praying for a healthy pregnancy next time. They are all so mishmash on when to believe what. 
also they put more effort into telling the kids about the new baby than any of their birthday celebrations. Shows the priorities. 

• Like 22
8 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I feel like I'm going to walk around all day pondering why I am genuinely sad for Jessa, yet can only roll my eyes at Jill Rodrigues. 

Probably because though Jessa's not above lying, there's no indication she's lying about having the miscarriage. Jill Rod, on the other hand. . . . 

• Like 23
11 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

Yes, she lost the baby in December and as far as the videos go, she’s not currently pregnant. 

In the video titled Heartbreak Over the Holidays she goes into more detail. But just know that it is pretty heartbreaking to watch.

It was heartbreaking.  It’s the first time I’ve ever seen Jessa show any emotion at all.  Also, Ivy is absolutely precious.  She was so excited and appreciative about her early Xmas present.  I teared up a couple of times while watching the video.

• Like 12

I don’t know if it is a first born thing (apologies to all nice first born) but Spurgeon is annoying AF. 

He couldn’t let Ivy have her moment with the dollhouse. Of course he knew what it was, probably was there when it was assembled. 

Maybe it’s just me but the Feral Seewalds can’t give the gift recipient space. One or more “help” open the gift, then get their grubby hands on it sometimes before the recipient. Spurgeon started pawing Henry’s cars right away. Sharing is a fact of life but darn, don’t be so feral. Even Fern gets in on the act. 

2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

why would a parent want a special connection to one child over another,

Perhaps that was a rare moment of introspection for Jessa. An awareness that like her mother she doesn’t have a heart for children, no matter how many she pops out. And like her mother she will continue to collect children she has no real connection with, because it’s what they do. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 8
  • LOL 1

I haven't followed Jessa in a while, but watched both videos. I'm genuinely sorry for her loss, but even before the miscarriage, she struck me as profoundly depressed. Her affect is so flat and disconnected, I sense getting out of bed every day is a struggle. Being the married daughter who's stayed closest to the fold has had a really negative affect on her. I wonder if Jessa took the loss so hard because the baby was the most opportunity she's had to get excited about something in years. I just felt so bad for her. 

• Like 15
  • Useful 2