Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

30 minutes ago, Zella said:

My theory on Spurgeon for a long time has been that his primary problem is the way Jessa treats him. She reinforces his worst behavior as desirable because she acts like it's cute and brilliant, and I think he's a bit of a people pleaser who's also smart enough to realize that's what his mom wants, so he acts like a brat to get her attention. And he's not around other kids or influences who could cause him to moderate his behavior by calling him out on how annoying it is. I feel really sorry for him. I suspect he's going to grow up to be a super annoying adult and have no clue why people find him annoying. I've met people like that from homeschooled backgrounds, and adulthood and real life are not kind to them. 

I also think Ben was probably a lot like Spurgeon when he was a child.

• Like 5
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 1
40 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I haven't followed Jessa in a while, but watched both videos. I'm genuinely sorry for her loss, but even before the miscarriage, she struck me as profoundly depressed. Her affect is so flat and disconnected, I sense getting out of bed every day is a struggle. Being the married daughter who's stayed closest to the fold has had a really negative affect on her. I wonder if Jessa took the loss so hard because the baby was the most opportunity she's had to get excited about something in years. I just felt so bad for her. 

Post-renovation depression. You've picked materials and appliances, rehabbed, painted, acquired furniture, moved -- now the excitement is over and it's back to the same old daily life.

• Like 8

I watched the videos.  Jessa came off as genuinely heartbroken, and I hope that if/when she gets pregnant again, they will hold off on telling the children, at least until she really starts to show.

On a more superficial note, those Amazon boxes really bother me.  Amazon will send a gift in a nice, reusable bag, for $4.99.  Nothing is easier.  It looks so much nicer.

• Like 13

But sometimes there is no answer, those things happen.

I doubt she would have 4 successful pregnancies in what, 7 years, if there is any underlying condition. Especially knowing that first trimester miscarriage is not really that uncommon.

Between me and my 3 friends, three of us had early pregnancy loss 

Edited by Snow Fairy
  • Like 5
  • Hugs 5
  • Useful 3
15 minutes ago, Snow Fairy said:

I doubt she would have 4 successful pregnancies in what, 7 years, if there is any underlying condition. Especially knowing that first trimester miscarriage is not really that uncommon.

Jessa attempted 3 home deliveries, and had to be rushed to the hospital with two of them as she was hemorrhaging.  Fortunately she had a hospital birth with the fourth one.  It's possible there could be a problem.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, sagittarius sue said:

Jessa attempted 3 home deliveries, and had to be rushed to the hospital with two of them as she was hemorrhaging.  Fortunately she had a hospital birth with the fourth one.  It's possible there could be a problem.

I think she's hooked on hospital births now. She really liked having an epidural. So we will probably never hear "Mother is bleeding" again.

• Like 7
  • LOL 6
1 hour ago, BetyBee said:

I think she's hooked on hospital births now. She really liked having an epidural. So we will probably never hear "Mother is bleeding" again.

"Moooother is bleeeedding" Meechs cadence was really odd with that one. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 7
9 hours ago, smallfry said:

Did she explain that there are 3 different ways to write the word there and the 3 different meanings? 

Well, Jessa would have to be aware that there are two other spellings and meanings of the word before she could teach that to others, so…🤷🏻‍♀️😉

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • LOL 22

I feel for Jessa, no one should have to make this decision.   HOWEVER, people should be free to make the decision.   Not prosecuted for it -- or allowed to make it because you have enough money/fame to avoid prosecution.

• Like 2
  • Applause 15
1 minute ago, ChristmasCandy said:

No matter how she spins about the miscarriage she will never believe that the doctors did call it a spontaneous abortion in her medical records.

Or that a D&C is the same procedure used to terminate a pregnancy.

• Like 20

Thanks @Notabug for the always helpful information.  Though I first misread one sentence and thought that IUDs decapitate sperm.  I was amused.

Regarding Jessa, I am truly sorry for her that she had a miscarriage, but I am uncomfortable with how she handled the video releases.  It just seems like she is trying to monetize the whole thing by first releasing the video announcing the pregnancy then 5 hours later releasing the other video.  I don't understand why she wouldn't edit them together or just do like she did last time and state she had a miscarriage after the fact if she becomes pregnant again.  And yes, she is lucky she could have a D&C because there are some states where she would be sent home and not treated until she was ready to bleed out.

• Like 15
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, ChristmasCandy said:

No matter how she spins about the miscarriage she will never believe that the doctors did call it a spontaneous abortion in her medical records.

She’s going to be unhappy when she gets the bills from this procedure, then. Her scammy fake insurance likely won’t pay for this either. 

• Like 11
  • Useful 5
3 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

...Maybe God has a different plan for Jessa, maybe something other than littering the Earth with her spawn? Maybe God wants her to feed the poor, or care for the sick, or something similar that Jesus actually talked about rather than dropping a baby every two years, and then forgetting about it until it's "picture time."

If she's depressed, I would hope (pointlessly) that she'll get some professional help, but having babies doesn't cure depression, and I have a lot more compassion for her children -- both real and potential -- than I do for her.

I think she would like something like volunteering with Habitat for Humanity if they operate in her area. She seems to be pretty handy and enjoys that kind of thing. Maybe through her husband's church she could get a group together to volunteer.  Not the usual pastor's wife thing, but why not? 

• Like 6
On 2/25/2023 at 8:42 AM, GeeGolly said:

Because technically this would have been Jessa's 6th, if they counted the previous miscarriage.

Funny how the Duggars always forget their belief that an embryo is the same as a child when it comes to counting how many kids they have.

On 2/25/2023 at 12:24 PM, BitterApple said:

I haven't followed Jessa in a while, but watched both videos. I'm genuinely sorry for her loss, but even before the miscarriage, she struck me as profoundly depressed. Her affect is so flat and disconnected, I sense getting out of bed every day is a struggle. Being the married daughter who's stayed closest to the fold has had a really negative affect on her. I wonder if Jessa took the loss so hard because the baby was the most opportunity she's had to get excited about something in years. I just felt so bad for her. 

The only times Jessa publicly displays deep, overwhelming emotion is when she gives birth. Those seem to be really happy times for her and I can see why she wants to repeat the experience, since normal, everyday life seems to be such a drag. I wish real, not fundie-approved therapy was on the table for her, because I agree that she's seemed depressed for a long time.

• Like 12

I don't see Jessa as depressed at all. She displays a full range of emotions - well as much as we can see through videos and SM posts and comments. As has been noted before, Jessa is just not over the top like some of her siblings.

I'm going to guess Jessa is actually happier and more pleased with her life than Jill is. Not that I think Jill is depressed, but I think she still struggles with not having the life she planned. Most see the changes in Jill's life as good, but it doesn't mean she does.

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
5 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I don't see Jessa as depressed at all. She displays a full range of emotions - well as much as we can see through videos and SM posts and comments. As has been noted before, Jessa is just not over the top like some of her siblings.

I'm going to guess Jessa is actually happier and more pleased with her life than Jill is. Not that I think Jill is depressed, but I think she still struggles with not having the life she planned. Most see the changes in Jill's life as good, but it doesn't mean she does.

Yes, I think Jessa is living the life that Jill wants, just with a less competent husband. I wouldn't say Jessa is all that happy, though I have to admit my biases have always made me more sympathetic towards Jessa than the rest of them.

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, lascuba said:

Yes, I think Jessa is living the life that Jill wants, just with a less competent husband. I wouldn't say Jessa is all that happy, though I have to admit my biases have always made me more sympathetic towards Jessa than the rest of them.

Just to expand further...

I see Jessa as someone who feels her emotions and moves on. She doesn't exaggerate her sadness or her happiness, etc, and she doesn't wallow in her emotions.

Jessa has her kids, who I think she enjoys, has the house of her dreams, has a husband who lets her be herself, seems to be financially secure, is close with her family and she has her faith. 

We each have our own picket fence dreams and what makes one happy may not satisfy another, but I think Jessa is happily right where she wants to be.

• Like 10
  • Useful 2
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Just to expand further...

I see Jessa as someone who feels her emotions and moves on. She doesn't exaggerate her sadness or her happiness, etc, and she doesn't wallow in her emotions.

Jessa has her kids, who I think she enjoys, has the house of her dreams, has a husband who lets her be herself, seems to be financially secure, is close with her family and she has her faith. 

We each have our own picket fence dreams and what makes one happy may not satisfy another, but I think Jessa is happily right where she wants to be.

I agree.  I think that Jessa is just not terribly introspective.  She takes life as it comes, doesn't ponder anything too deeply and then moves on.  Jill is not like her; she is someone who needs to think about her feelings and tends to obsess a bit if things aren't exactly what she expected.  She cannot roll with the punches the way Jessa does.  It's not good or bad, wrong or right; they're just very different in the way they cope with life.

• Like 18
2 hours ago, Notabug said:

I agree.  I think that Jessa is just not terribly introspective.  She takes life as it comes, doesn't ponder anything too deeply and then moves on.  Jill is not like her; she is someone who needs to think about her feelings and tends to obsess a bit if things aren't exactly what she expected.  She cannot roll with the punches the way Jessa does.  It's not good or bad, wrong or right; they're just very different in the way they cope with life.

I agree with you, we saw this prime example in how Jill and Jessa reacted in the Megan Kelly interview. 

Both girls were no less victimized, but Jill was distraught and displayed that, I think she was deeply ashamed that people knew (not that she had anything to be ashamed of) and was embarrassed. Jessa was upset that her brother and his actions had hurt them AGAIN (perhaps losing the show etc), she in no way internalized what he did. Jill responds in a way that is much more "female coded" so I think a lot of people empathize with that. Where as Jessa comes off as "cold"- I have plenty of criticisms of Jessa, but being "cold" isn't one of them.

• Like 7

Agree with "all y'all" who described Jessa.  Sometimes it happens that we think "I wouldn't be like that" or "I would do this or that" and without realizing it, we put that on the other person and assume (you know what happens when we assume!) that she feels like me, you, or the lamppost.  Not singling anyone out, because I think it is a tendency that a lot of us have.  I used to tell Sweet Son that there were a lot of right ways to do things, and they don't have to be the way he or I would, which were often different too. And also, we see Jessa in front of a camera, and that is hard to do -be natural, natural for her, keep train of thought, maybe think what viewers would want/don't want/or not.  I watch some other allegedly "normal" folks do videos and some are much better because of the personality.

• Like 6
13 minutes ago, SMama said:

Who thinks Jessa authored this message?

10D9D9DB-D85C-4F05-9503-6F380FBE9D8B.thumb.jpeg.ee3f329bd3a4a4f2513ad2ad0c874eaf.jpeg

She's just clapping back at all the idiotic talk that she had an abortion. I can't stand Jessa, but geez, her fetus died in utero and didn't miscarry on its own. She just happens to live in a state that still performs D&Cs. Forcing a woman to wait to expel the dead fetus on its own can be fraught with danger. 

I actually side with Jessa on this one, aside from the pro-life rhetoric she threw in there.

• Like 15
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

She's just clapping back at all the idiotic talk that she had an abortion. I can't stand Jessa, but geez, her fetus died in utero and didn't miscarry on its own. She just happens to live in a state that still performs D&Cs. Forcing a woman to wait to expel the dead fetus on its own can be fraught with danger. 

I actually side with Jessa on this one, aside from the pro-life rhetoric she threw in there.

If there is an ultrasound showing that the fetus is no longer alive, doing a D&C is fine in every state.  That's what Heartbeat Bills do:  if there's a heartbeat, it is illegal.  If there is no heartbeat, it is legal.

I practice OB/GYN in a state with a heartbeat law, Jessa would have no problem scheduling a D&C here.  

The big problems occur when the mother is having issues like heavy bleeding or her water breaks before the baby reaches viability (somewhere around 24 weeks) and the baby still has a heartbeat.  Then, it is a matter of opinion as to what constitutes a situation where the mother's life is in danger and physicians are wary of terminating the pregnancy for fear of being reported.

• Like 7
  • Useful 16
1 minute ago, Notabug said:

If there is an ultrasound showing that the fetus is no longer alive, doing a D&C is fine in every state.  That's what Heartbeat Bills do:  if there's a heartbeat, it is illegal.  If there is no heartbeat, it is legal.

I practice OB/GYN in a state with a heartbeat law, Jessa would have no problem scheduling a D&C here.  

The big problems occur when the mother is having issues like heavy bleeding or her water breaks before the baby reaches viability (somewhere around 24 weeks) and the baby still has a heartbeat.  Then, it is a matter of opinion as to what constitutes a situation where the mother's life is in danger and physicians are wary of terminating the pregnancy for fear of being reported.

I've read many horror stories about women being denied D&Cs in situations like Jessa's. One woman went into sepsis and nearly died. This was in Texas. 

• Like 9
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 1
17 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I've read many horror stories about women being denied D&Cs in situations like Jessa's. One woman went into sepsis and nearly died. This was in Texas. 

I know the case.  I actually know the doctor, I was one of his attendings when he did his residency at Cleveland Clinic. Terrific doc and wonderful human being who I am sure agonized over it. In that case, the baby still had a heartbeat against all odds, when the woman suffered a life threatening hemorrhage.  The docs were advised that she was not sick enough to justify terminating the pregnancy.  

She ended up in the ICU on a ventilator where she eventually developed a life threatening infection in her uterus.  Finally, the fetus no longer had a heartbeat and the doctors performed the D&C.  The fact that the delay lead to a serious infection that may well prevent her from having any more pregnancies was not enough to convince the non-medical people who were dictating her care.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 7
  • Sad 20
  • Fire 5
  • Useful 1
17 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

I've also read of delaying an operation on a woman with an ectopic pregnancy because a heartbeat was detected.  They finally operated when it ruptured, and the woman's life was in danger.

I heard about that one and I have no words.  There is no way for an ectopic pregnancy in the tube to grow without the tube rupturing and there is no way to transfer the embryo to the uterus.  I live in a state where a particularly ignorant member of the legislature introduced a bill requiring doctors to attempt to transfer all tubal pregnancies to the uterus as part of the treatment.  No instruction as to how to actually accomplish this, of course. Luckily, his less gullible colleagues defeated the bill.

It is possible for some pregnancies to grow to maturity outside the womb.  Babies have been born after the placenta has implanted on the bowels, the bladder, even the outside of the uterus.  However, there is extreme risk of hemorrhage with an ectopic pregnancy that progresses and the chances of a live birth are small.  Placental abruptions leading to death of the baby and mother are a real possibility.  Luckily, it is extremely rare.  I've seen a couple in the past 40 years, one that got to 32 weeks,  They both happened in the early days of ultrasound when it could be difficult to determine the location of a pregnancy.  Neither one resulted in a live birth, both moms survived.

• Like 3
  • Useful 13

Did anyone on IG say Jessa had an abortion, or were they saying the procedure is the same?

Had Jessa did this video a while back I doubt anyone would have said, boo. But because of folks like Jessa its harder for women to get reproductive healthcare now. 

Mortician and murderer?? Really poor analogy. Removal of a non viable fetus is not embalming and terminating a pregnancy is not murder. Fuck-you Jessa, fuck-you.

• Like 2
  • Applause 20
  • Love 1

Just read an article about Jessa's miscarriage and that they (she and Jinger I guess) are now NOT against birth control. 

https://www.theashleysrealityroundup.com/2023/02/24/former-counting-on-star-jessa-seewald-reveals-recent-miscarriage-gives-her-current-thoughts-on-using-birth-control/

image.thumb.png.76137cce72fa99b0e4f9419f972dc379.png

Just what form of birth control do they use ?? Don't they all prevent fertilization ?  I was thinking they only would agree to use something like the rhythm/calendar-charting method.

source: https://www.fda.gov/media/150299/download

image.png.e23a297e32a44951caf3798acb4d3014.png

Edited by sATL

It sounds like Jessa may be fine with barrier methods as well as NFP.  

I think many of the opinions ascribed to the Duggar daughters have been made through assumptions that may not reflect all of the daughters' thought processes.  

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

There were people out there who didn't realize she had a missed miscarriage.

There were also people trying to make a very intentional point about it being the same procedure precisely because of the mental hoops people like Jessa try to jump through. But God forbid anyone try to educate this hateful little c***. I don't call her a c*** lightly. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 7
  • Applause 11
  • LOL 1