Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I've seen how Abbie "parents" her 10 kids. They are feral. Always getting hurt. She goes off on luxury vacations and leaves them behind (just got back from Hawaii). Jessa is a fool for buying into this because she professes to be Christian. 

Oh my, the author's 10 kids include 2 sets of twins. She must be Jessa's hero.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

I'm going to call bs on "Biblical" child rearing. There is very little in the Bible relating to children and virtually nothing about child rearing -- and virtually nothing in the New Testament. There are a few mentions in the Old Testament regarding the importance of discipline and, of course, the various situations where parents are allowed to kill their children.

Jessa needs to stop talking. It would be a good idea for her to actually parent the (too many) children that she already has and not presume to give "advice" to anyone.

• Like 4
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 9
  • Love 10
21 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Jessa answering a post calling out the secular mom culture phrase.

image.png.9be7a8edfb2f8562644eb26af2fcc4b5.png

STFU Jessa with the gaslighting. It literally says “secular mom culture” aka mediocre motherhood according to the “author” vs “Biblically excellent motherhood”. What context are we missing? 

And I’ve never once read any secular  parenting advice or options  that says “Oh don’t make your kids help with anything ! It’s too hard! Do it yourself!!! Sooooo much easier”

Fundies and evangelicals tend to perch and believe that non-“correct Jesus Christians” are all miserable, promiscuous, hatefully, evil people. I was literally told as a child I could not be happy in life if I didn’t accept Jesus and all my non Christian friends at school were soooo unhappy because they didn’t go to church like me. So it’s probably unfathomable to them that “secular” parents can be good parents. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 6
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Suzn said:

There's so much wrong with this that it's hard to know where to start.

"Secular mom culture"!  Jessa has no firsthand knowledge of secular motherhood and it is ridiculous to believe that there some monolithic "culture" that all non-fundy mothers adhere to.  She's comparing her superior mothering to mythological secular mothers.

Jessa is full of shit.

Right. I was raised by my fairly strict, conservative, Catholic parents, including a SAH mom. Was she a “secular” mother?

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Its funny, I read a few parenting books back in the day and not one of them pitted any groups of moms against another. Almost every suggestion was followed by, do what's best for you and your baby. And get this shocker - not one mentioned religion at all.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 15

Post by Jessa:

Moms are everyday heroes. Proof: They can disappear behind a door for 30 seconds to change a diaper and lay a baby down for a nap, while continuing to use their 6th sense to perceive any possible danger in the rest of the house— and then they can magically reappear just in the nick of time to stop a bad idea from going— well— bad. 

Haha! Kids can certainly keep you on your toes, and you have to give them credit for thinking outside the box and trying to be problem solvers! And then there are times you have to go a step further to explain the “no” and make a rule you never dreamed you’d have to make as a mother! 

New Seewald house rule: No stacking anything on top of anything and then standing on top of the second anything. 

(Now that I think about it, when the boys were tiny, I’m pretty sure I used a similar tactic with a step ladder on top of an outdoor table to hang their swing from a tree branch— but I digress.)

What’s the funniest/wildest rule you’ve ever found yourself having to make for your kiddos? ☺️🤍

BC18193F-06B3-432A-A1B4-58F7EDDACC70.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Sad 8
  • LOL 1
7 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Post by Jessa:

Moms are everyday heroes. Proof: They can disappear behind a door for 30 seconds to change a diaper and lay a baby down for a nap, while continuing to use their 6th sense to perceive any possible danger in the rest of the house— and then they can magically reappear just in the nick of time to stop a bad idea from going— well— bad. 

Haha! Kids can certainly keep you on your toes, and you have to give them credit for thinking outside the box and trying to be problem solvers! And then there are times you have to go a step further to explain the “no” and make a rule you never dreamed you’d have to make as a mother! 

New Seewald house rule: No stacking anything on top of anything and then standing on top of the second anything. 

(Now that I think about it, when the boys were tiny, I’m pretty sure I used a similar tactic with a step ladder on top of an outdoor table to hang their swing from a tree branch— but I digress.)

What’s the funniest/wildest rule you’ve ever found yourself having to make for your kiddos? ☺️🤍

BC18193F-06B3-432A-A1B4-58F7EDDACC70.jpeg

Those are some bored as fuck kids.

• Like 5
  • Sad 12
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Its funny, I read a few parenting books back in the day and not one of them pitted any groups of moms against another. Almost every suggestion was followed by, do what's best for you and your baby. And get this shocker - not one mentioned religion at all.

The religious parenting books I've read will make you weep. Every one of them was pro-corporal punishment by the time your baby was old enough to pull themselves up and grab things. 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 18

My question is where was Jessa's supposed superior mommy spidey-sense when Ivy got the permanent marker and drew on the new cabinet door? Why didn't she swoop in and keep that bad idea from going bad?

Also, Spurge and Henry's bad idea was to make something to climb on so they could reach school supplies??

• Like 10
  • Love 9
5 minutes ago, SMama said:

Food for Henry and well fitting clothes for Spurgeon? 

It wasn't just me who noticed how tight Spurge's clothes are. Jessa needs to size up with him. What he's wearing in that picture would probably be better suited to Henry.

• Like 6
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Gee Jessa you sound defensive. Your not an "easy" mom or one who whatever your claiming in your post. Your lazy as fuck. The complaints aren't secular moms picking on poor fundie moms. You are lazy. Your kids are never cleaned, your house is never cleaned, your kids don't do anything, and you have no excuse because you don't work. Doing anything is apparently too much work for you.

Secular moms have managed to get their kids bathed, dressed, and off to school or daycare while they go to work. They work all day long come home and get dinner on the table. They manage to keep their house clean and do a bunch of other things while having kids. If by some chance they don't it's because they have a good excuse being busy working and taking care of the kids. Some days or weeks its messier but that's not the norm. 

What do you do all day? Your not getting your kids dressed. Your not bathing them. Your not brushing their hair. Your not playing with them. Your not busy with homeschooling. You don't do anything.

Your mother did absolutely nothing to raise you and your siblings and for some reason you find that example to follow in her lazy crappy parenting. 

This needs to be posted in her comments on said post..

Defensive should be her middle name..

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Madtown said:

This needs to be posted in her comments on said post..

Defensive should be her middle name..

Posting that would be an instant block. Jessa blocked me for far less (it's been so long that I don't even remember what I said, but it wasn't bitchy or mean. I know better).

• Like 6
14 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Posting that would be an instant block. Jessa blocked me for far less (it's been so long that I don't even remember what I said, but it wasn't bitchy or mean. I know better).

Oh, I know she would block instantly, but I would take that block to post it..lol.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
23 hours ago, Absolom said:

Who on earth has she been listening to where she found such ludicrously unfounded beliefs?  

Her parents? THe other honchos of her parents' cult and churches? Her husband's parents? 

I'd bet on all of the above, actually. 

After all, these are the reasons why your kid can't go to any actual school, even a conservative Christian one. And why you can't have friends in the neighborhood, just people you preach to. And why you can't work outside your home. .... All those people who aren't exactly like you are EVIL and they're causing EVIL In the world and Satans gonna get 'em while you sit above in your golden crown. And of course, when EVIL people raise children they screw up EVERYTHING in a large and EVIL way. 

They don't look for facts about anything. They're not open-minded about anything. These beliefs shes's spouting are the beliefs they've adopted through at least a few generations now because they're the beliefs that make THEM the superior beings they believe they are. 

20 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Right. I was raised by my fairly strict, conservative, Catholic parents, including a SAH mom. Was she a “secular” mother?

Yes! In fact, even most Protestant parents are to this crew, I'll bet. They REALLY are a totally insular, totally-bigoted-against-virtually-everybody-who-isn't-them, crappy, super-arrogant little cult. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 12
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Absolom said:

She needs to get Spurgeon a professional haircut and quit trying to pretend he has a curly mop.  Also why is he always the one in the too small clothes?  

Henry probably gets hand me downs that are all stretched out, and the girls wear dresses not too tight shirt and shorts. We’ve seen all of them in pjs that look too tight also. 

• Sad 2
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

A795E52C-2049-4E4F-B749-08DE7D2F8818.jpeg

Henry and Spurge’s haircuts look ridiculous plus they both look like “ohhh goody just what I wanted to do, walk around shopping with my mom and baby sisters”

maybe it’s just that pic but Spurge looks like JimBoob and Henry looks like he’s in pain.

I feel so sorry for Spurge… does he ever play sports or have any interaction with kids his own age?

• Sad 12
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Henry and Spurge’s haircuts look ridiculous plus they both look like “ohhh goody just what I wanted to do, walk around shopping with my mom and baby sisters”

maybe it’s just that pic but Spurge looks like JimBoob and Henry looks like he’s in pain.

I feel so sorry for Spurge… does he ever play sports or have any interaction with kids his own age?

I think Jessa would argue that Henry is Spurge's BFF. I think Anna's two older boys are too old. Not sure about the last one. Maybe they play with him at the TTH? But we never see the Seewald kids with anyone, even their cousins.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3
  • Love 1

I don’t mind the look but it seems like it would have to be trimmed often to keep it out of his face. I feel bad for him. He seems smart and nice and would probably be a good friend. I guess I hope he has some “sweet church friends” that he plays with, b/c we never seen him w/anyone besides his sibs. 

Edited by Tdoc72
LOL—ended with his sins instead of sibs.
  • Like 1
  • Sad 4
7 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Fern already has the saddest eyes. Poor kid ...

I agree she often has a bewildered grimace  🥺

I think Fern’s wearing one of Spurges sweaters… it’s way too big for her… the sleeves are rolled and bunched up at her wrists.

AF9F54AE-952A-410C-8271-79C3F4DD54F3.jpeg

• Sad 1

If Jessa wants to keep the boys' hair long she needs to take them to a barber or salon and have it properly cut. Whatever hack job she's doing is resulting in a tangled mess and it makes them look even more unkempt. If she can afford to dump tens of thousands of dollars into a house she doesn't own, she can afford a kid's haircut. 

• Like 3
  • Love 6