Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, Meow Mix said:

Those nutrition facts - yikes that's a lot of sodium and cholesterol.  I didn't know that was stroganoff.  My mother used to make a wonderful beef stroganoff from scratch and it never looked like that glop.  Now I want beef stroganoff, but not that stuff.

7 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

The company, Home Chef, is calling that particular recipe stroganoff when it is in fact not a true stroganoff.  The recipe looks to be a mashup of a traditional stroganoff and fettuccine alfredo and is reliant of a premade cream sauce and whatever the hell mushroom seasoning is supposed to be.  

What kills me is stroganoff is an easy dish to make.  All you have to do is season and sear some meat, remove that from the pan, make a quick roux with the fat of your choice and some flour, add in some stock, cut off the heat, and add a generous glob of sour cream.  You can make it in roughly the same amount of time that it takes to cook your noodles.  If you do beef with mushrooms, you will need to add an extra 3 or 4 minutes to cook down your mushrooms before adding the stock.  The most tedious part of making stroganoff is cutting your meat and mushrooms.  It's not a sodium-heavy meal and you can control the amount of fat and cholesterol.  

Yeah I love to make stroganoff, and it never looks like whatever she has done and it isn't loaded with sodium either. 

I wonder if Jessa has never had stroganoff before so she has nothing to compare it to?

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, DCCFan123 said:

That’s a super fancy and expensive water filter. I think it’s called a berkey 

Nothing but the best water for Jessa’s spawn. Now when it comes to food it’s Lord of the Flies, Duggar Style. Drinking milk inside the refrigerator, eating sour cream on the down low, falling asleep holding a box of crackers, falling asleep with half chewed food in mouth, and sodium bombs with extra salt. Those kids are living the dream. 

• Sad 5
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3
On 9/16/2022 at 9:39 PM, SMama said:

Nothing but the best water for Jessa’s spawn. Now when it comes to food it’s Lord of the Flies, Duggar Style. Drinking milk inside the refrigerator, eating sour cream on the down low, falling asleep holding a box of crackers, falling asleep with half chewed food in mouth, and sodium bombs with extra salt. Those kids are living the dream. 

I am dying 😂!  “Lord of the Flies, Duggar Style” 😄 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

Jessa said she kept the fridge because she couldn't see replacing a working appliance, yet she bought a new stove and new washer and dryer. So she brought a broken fridge and left perfectly good appliances in the Mold House.

How nice of her to give the church stained chairs. And does she realize even if you can't see the dirt and food on darker furniture its still there? Maybe don't let your toddler walk around with a dripping pickle. Don't let your kids fall asleep eating food. 

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 13
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Jessa said she kept the fridge because she couldn't see replacing a working appliance, yet she bought a new stove and new washer and dryer. So she brought a broken fridge and left perfectly appliances in the Mold House.

How nice of her to give the church stained chairs. And does she realize even if you can't see the dirt and food on darker furniture its still there? Maybe don't let your toddler walk around with a dripping pickle. Don't let your kids fall asleep eating food. 

When her sister Jill bought her first house and it had a stove with the electric coils top she was criticized on here for having a cheap stove. Now Jessa invests in a good quality stove and she is criticized on here for that.

The fridge works, the water/ice makes has a (quote) "mildew" odor which she thinks she may be able to flush out. You don't know what condition the washer and dryer were in.

The house looks nice. The plants and children's art work add color. I would paint that tall pantry cabinet situated between the two doors on the side of the living room. The wood tone is just slightly different than the doors which to me is a bit distracting and overall there is just so much woodgrain in the room. Painting it (or staining it darker) would differentiate it from the kitchen cabinetry.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

When her sister Jill bought her first house and it had a stove with the electric coils top she was criticized on here for having a cheap stove. Now Jessa invests in a good quality stove and she is criticized on here for that.

The fridge works, the water/ice makes has a (quote) "mildew" odor which she thinks she may be able to flush out. You don't know what condition the washer and dryer were in.

The house looks nice. The plants and children's art work add color. I would paint that tall pantry cabinet situated between the two doors on the side of the living room. The wood tone is just slightly different than the doors which to me is a bit distracting and overall there is just so much woodgrain in the room. Painting it (or staining it darker) would differentiate it from the kitchen cabinetry.

First, I know nothing of Jill's stove.

Second, I guess you misunderstood my post. It makes no difference to me if Jessa replaced everything she owned. But if she's going to make up stories about her purchases and non-purchases she's going to get called out on them.

Jessa said she kept the fridge because she couldn't see replacing a working appliance.

Jessa's 5 year old stove in the Mold house is a working appliance. So she replaced her working stove with a new one.

No I don't know the condition of her washer and dryer, but she did say they were giving them away. So I would assume they were working appliances. So again she replaced working appliances.

• Applause 5
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

First, I know nothing of Jill's stove.

Second, I guess you misunderstood my post. It makes no difference to me if Jessa replaced everything she owned. But if she's going to make up stories about her purchases and non-purchases she's going to get called out on them.

Jessa said she kept the fridge because she couldn't see replacing a working appliance.

Jessa's 5 year old stove in the Mold house is a working appliance. So she replaced her working stove with a new one.

No I don't know the condition of her washer and dryer, but she did say they were giving them away. So I would assume they were working appliances. So again she replaced working appliances.

Well apparently there were other factors considered -- cost, condition, size. Not giving every single detail isn't "making up stories."

• LOL 1
37 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

Well apparently there were other factors considered -- cost, condition, size. Not giving every single detail isn't "making up stories."

She’s a known liar, however, so it’s very likely that she was doing so here. 🤷‍♀️

37 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Here is the picture of Jessa's favorite books. Apparently she spends one hour most mornings reading them. I've purchased books from the bookstore that look more worn than these.

image.thumb.png.7ee9d0758c77b6375c8bcb9fdc958f90.png

Yeah, I don’t buy that she has read any book multiple times (Other than her big book of fairy tales.)

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

I suffered through the whole, boring tour. Near the end, I perked up when she said something about showing real life. She meant the kids' messy rooms, but I thought we might be shown a dresser full of dirty diapers!

• LOL 15
2 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

She’s a known liar, however, so it’s very likely that she was doing so here. 🤷‍♀️

Yeah, I don’t buy that she has read any book multiple times (Other than her big book of fairy tales.)

I don't know. Her reading one book more than once is possible, I think, since she's not open to very many new books. (Any?) Of course, it's highly probable she's often pretended to read one book multiple times. 

Like that top book, for example. It's by Elisabeth Elliot, the late widow of Spurgie's middle-name-sake, dead-while-in-the-field missionary ,Jim Elliot. So chances are she's been reading EE's books for years and years and years already.....

Or not reading them, but just displaying them in her pristine-looking book pile, as the case may be......

We know she isn't reaching out to read any books by people outside their teeny window of "these are the only acceptable writers and what's more THESE people are GOD'S ONLY ANOINTED. (LIKE US)."  Those children are going to have the most squelched "education" possible. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 1
  • Sad 9
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2

So positive notes. Love her dining table. It looks beautiful and sturdy. The floors are nice, and I do like the cabinets in the kitchen.  The couch also looks nice, and it's a huge improvement over Big Birtha. The blinds in the bedroom are actually awesome. I'd love to have those in the bedroom.  I wish they would have a regular headboard and put the shelf of doom somewhere else except over the bed. I've never seen anyone else with a heavy shelf over the bed. So they don't have a TV?  At all? I'm not a park the kids in front of the TV all day person, but it would be nice for them to be able to watch something once in a while.  And with the exception of the Bible she's made notes in, I don't think any of those books have been opened, much less read. 

• Like 9
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Jessa said she kept the fridge because she couldn't see replacing a working appliance, yet she bought a new stove and new washer and dryer. So she brought a broken fridge and left perfectly good appliances in the Mold House.

Dripping pickle brought ahem x rated visual to my head 🤣. Thanks.

• LOL 11
51 minutes ago, Stevie Nicks said:

So positive notes. Love her dining table. It looks beautiful and sturdy. The floors are nice, and I do like the cabinets in the kitchen.  The couch also looks nice, and it's a huge improvement over Big Birtha. The blinds in the bedroom are actually awesome. I'd love to have those in the bedroom.  I wish they would have a regular headboard and put the shelf of doom somewhere else except over the bed. I've never seen anyone else with a heavy shelf over the bed. So they don't have a TV?  At all? I'm not a park the kids in front of the TV all day person, but it would be nice for them to be able to watch something once in a while.  And with the exception of the Bible she's made notes in, I don't think any of those books have been opened, much less read. 

Who needs a TV when you can park 4 kids around a tablet or laptop to watch Fundie approved movies? Or hand them your phone to entertain themselves. I sort of skipped around the video of the home tour, looked like a lot of Jessa explaining not showing. I still can’t get over the placement of the fireplace!

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
1 minute ago, auntieminem said:

Jessa and Ben are really into dancing. She posted a video of Ben and kids dancing before bedtime to get out some energy.  Ben to Henry as he starts to grab Ivy, no wrestling, just dancing.  https://www.instagram.com/p/Ciuxzelj8nH/  Glad Jana is not there to break it up. 

I was just about to post this. I'll add that it looks like Ben has never danced before and he looks like a douchebag in that hat..lol.

• Applause 2
  • LOL 18
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Not only that, it looks like the shirt is inside out and backwards? (The tiny writing looks like the printed-on info label.)

I guess wearing it backwards provides the most coverage of skin for modesty?…. but I can’t figure out why inside out with the printing on display.

the whole thing annoys me, the little girls always have to be layered in clothing to keep from tempting the boys 🙄

plus it’s HOT there, 92 degrees and Ivy has to bundle up in order to play dress up in her princess dress… ugh!!

• Like 5
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Wtf is Ivy wearing?

it looks like a t-shirt under her dress

02E0FC83-827C-4377-AD41-7A974BD391ED.jpeg

While I'm really glad that they let the kids dance, this has to be the worst imaginable pre-bedtime ritual imaginable. Get the kids all wound up, and then off to bed!

• Like 5
  • Applause 10
  • Love 4

Why aren't the kids using their energy outside during the day?  Its not like it's mid winter. This is what happens be cause they are cooped up all day long. 

Edited by jacourt
auto corrrect
  • Like 4
  • Sad 4
26 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I noticed that Jessa always has her blinds closed at this house…. at their old mold house she often had the blinds open I wonder why she has them all closed now?

Maybe more people walking by? I don't think there were sidewalks at the Mold House.

• Useful 2
10 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Who needs a TV when you can park 4 kids around a tablet or laptop to watch Fundie approved movies? Or hand them your phone to entertain themselves. I sort of skipped around the video of the home tour, looked like a lot of Jessa explaining not showing. I still can’t get over the placement of the fireplace!

Giving them eyestrain as they watch their fundie approved movies too. 

The fireplace placement is totally ridiculous. I'd like to find the architect that came up with that. 

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Stevie Nicks said:

Giving them eyestrain as they watch their fundie approved movies too. 

The fireplace placement is totally ridiculous. I'd like to find the architect that came up with that. 

I would have found some way to move the front door, but maybe that wouldn't work, either.  I don't know the exact floor plan.  But there must be some option.  That really is an odd house.

• Like 3
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

While I'm really glad that they let the kids dance, this has to be the worst imaginable pre-bedtime ritual imaginable. Get the kids all wound up, and then off to bed!

Ivy's expression is great! She might have picked and put on her own clothes though.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, CalicoKitty said:

I would have found some way to move the front door, but maybe that wouldn't work, either.  I don't know the exact floor plan.  But there must be some option.  That really is an odd house.

According to Jessa the fireplace was in that spot when they first started working on the house. I do agree that I think moving the front door would have made more sense than moving the fireplace.

• Like 4

JMO but if it was my house I would have removed the fireplace and turned that space into a closet for the entrance…. Then at some point if I really wanted to I’d put a fireplace in the living room area.

another thing I don’t like about that house is how Ben and Jessa’s bedroom is at one end of the house and the kids are at the opposite end of the house…. Maybe I’ve seen too many shows about little kids being abducted from their rooms when they’re located on ground level where someone can walk up to the window and gain access.

I think the boys share a bedroom, does Ivy sleep in a bedroom by herself?

• Like 6
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I guess wearing it backwards provides the most coverage of skin for modesty?…. but I can’t figure out why inside out with the printing on display.

the whole thing annoys me, the little girls always have to be layered in clothing to keep from tempting the boys 🙄

plus it’s HOT there, 92 degrees and Ivy has to bundle up in order to play dress up in her princess dress… ugh!!

Like the earlier princess dress, that's another dress with a top that a kid might find scratchy -- that gathered elasticized synthetic fabric. I find that fabric scratchy on the hanger.  

I wonder if there is a TV concealed in that tall cabinet. 

8 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

JMO but if it was my house I would have removed the fireplace and turned that space into a closet for the entrance…. Then at some point if I really wanted to I’d put a fireplace in the living room area.

Especially since it's a gas fireplace that isn't hooked up anyway. Even if the door was moved the fireplace is still in a very awkward place. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I noticed during the video that the temperature gauge showed 92 deg. outside and 70 deg. inside.  Jessa has the air conditioner cranked way  up to keep it that temperature, wasting a lot of energy.  I never found that I could abide having the temp at 80 with the air conditioner, but usually content with 74 or 75 when awake, 70 when asleep.

• Useful 2
25 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

I noticed during the video that the temperature gauge showed 92 deg. outside and 70 deg. inside.  Jessa has the air conditioner cranked way  up to keep it that temperature, wasting a lot of energy.  I never found that I could abide having the temp at 80 with the air conditioner, but usually content with 74 or 75 when awake, 70 when asleep.

I noticed the same thing. 70 is freezing in our house.

• Love 5
34 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I noticed the same thing. 70 is freezing in our house.

And everyone is different. My family in the PNW have a/c in their house. Unusual. But in the summer when it is 90 outside they crank it down too. I like it warm so run more heat in winter. 

• Like 4