Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

70 would be pretty cold in a ranch house like they have. I kept ours at 74 when we had a ranch. We have a split level and keep at 70 during the day and 66 at night, otherwise it's warm up in the bedrooms and we like it cold. Everything is very efficient and our bill is only a little over $100. We live in the midwest, so we don't have to run the air all year, but Iowa has horrible humidity and it is so muggy all the time. So it runs from June to September. If we are lucky, we can open up once or twice during the summer. It was 96 yesterday, broke a record. Fall whether arrived today and looks to be staying, which is wonderful!

• Like 1
4 hours ago, sagittarius sue said:

I noticed during the video that the temperature gauge showed 92 deg. outside and 70 deg. inside.  Jessa has the air conditioner cranked way  up to keep it that temperature, wasting a lot of energy.  I never found that I could abide having the temp at 80 with the air conditioner, but usually content with 74 or 75 when awake, 70 when asleep.

Oh that sounds a lot better thanks!

I saw 92 deg. And thought it was inside the house. 😫

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2

Jessa posted a video on instagram about her kitchen table. The table was really nice and the video was well done. If I didn’t know any better in regards to how feral her kids were, I’d think they were a normal mainstream conservative Christian family instead of nutty fundies. 

• LOL 3
On 9/20/2022 at 10:30 PM, beckie said:

Ivy's expression is great! She might have picked and put on her own clothes though.

On 9/20/2022 at 3:49 PM, Joan of Argh said:

Wtf is Ivy wearing?

it looks like a t-shirt under her dress

02E0FC83-827C-4377-AD41-7A974BD391ED.jpeg

That is the flower girl dress from Jeremiah & Hannah’s wedding. She wore it w/o an undershirt at the wedding and it looked fine. I’m thinking she had on those super tight pajamas that they always wear (backwards & inside out for some reason) and just threw the dress on either for dress up or dancing time. 
~~~~
That face though!  😂 She looks like Jinger. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
On 9/20/2022 at 10:55 AM, StaceyNotStacie said:

I thought that was Gideon for a moment. Ben looks like he wants to run off and join the Amish. 

He would have a more exciting life if he did join the Amish, I can promise you that! (I live smack dab in the middle of Amish country, and they’re on the go way more than I am.  They’re always having get-togethers, barn raisings that last all day and into the night and is a family affair, hosting huge potluck meals, lots of weddings, etc)

• Like 7
  • Useful 4
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

I'm sorry, but Ben looks like such a poseur in that fedora.

That’s because Ben IS a poseur wearing a fedora. 😂

My only guess about his attachment to that ugly hat is that Jessa can’t stand it and he enjoys annoying her. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 23
8 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

He would have a more exciting life if he did join the Amish, I can promise you that! (I live smack dab in the middle of Amish country, and they’re on the go way more than I am.  They’re always having get-togethers, barn raisings that last all day and into the night and is a family affair, hosting huge potluck meals, lots of weddings, etc)

He'd probably get much better meals at home, a cleaner house, and need to work to support his family!  All in all it would be a better deal for Bin! 

• Like 11
  • Applause 2
43 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Except for that pesky work bit. He seems rather allergic. 

I always had the feeling that Ben is willing to work--he had a job before he married--but Jessa expected him to follow the Gothard model; don't work for strangers and be home most of the time.  I think maybe JB discouraged him from working outside of the family.  They are a closed group.

• Sad 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

Forgive my ignorance, but is that a church in the foreground and is their house a parsonage?  Is the parking lot still being used for nearby businesses?  I am very confused why a family with four young kids would move into a house where the front yard is a parking lot, especially if it's still being used as such.  Was this a Jim Blob special that he generously "gifted" to Jessa and Bin?  What a sad place to live.

And I feel like Bin thinks the fedora gives him a personality.  It doesn't, unless what he's going for is bland and boring but this time with a hat.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 11
12 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Forgive my ignorance, but is that a church in the foreground and is their house a parsonage?  Is the parking lot still being used for nearby businesses?  I am very confused why a family with four young kids would move into a house where the front yard is a parking lot, especially if it's still being used as such.  Was this a Jim Blob special that he generously "gifted" to Jessa and Bin?  What a sad place to live.

And I feel like Bin thinks the fedora gives him a personality.  It doesn't, unless what he's going for is bland and boring but this time with a hat.

It looks like they have a backyard to play in.

1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

A big one too. I wonder if their fence was damage because neighbor folks previously used it as a cut through.

Seems likely. SInce they're right on the edge between a fairly residential neighborhood and a quite commercial one, people would want to go from one to the other without going the long way around by the streets. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

Fundies think wearing hats and drinking lots of coffee give them personalities. HaT JoUrNiEs, doncha know? 🤣

• LOL 13
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

How ironic Jessa and Ben's home was a previous adoption agency office. I'm guessing the reason the keep their front blinds shut is because their front yard is an actual parking lot.

image.thumb.png.e51efe58d6438baca8476e0d55f1c147.png

Wow…. talk about ZERO curb appeal and what about Location, location, location!

that place doesn’t have either! 😖

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Wow…. talk about ZERO curb appeal and what about Location, location, location!

that place doesn’t have either! 😖

I wonder if Bin ever thinks about all of the gorgeous churches they saw in Europe. No comparison to his pathetic little shoebox “church.” 

• Like 5
  • Sad 3
21 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

I wonder if Bin ever thinks about all of the gorgeous churches they saw in Europe. No comparison to his pathetic little shoebox “church.” 

So is that the church Ben works at all day?

what a dreary place… blech!

• Like 4
  • Love 4
43 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I wonder how many fundies watched footage of the Queen’s funeral and other events and saw what Protestant churches look like in the UK?

• Like 2
47 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

True. from the front definitely.

On the brighter side, there are a lot of trees and grass behind the house. So if you just keep the front blinds shut, -- as I gather they're doing -- you've probably got a pleasant view and na nice play space for the kids. Just turn your eyes away from the parking lot! 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Cinnabon said:

I wonder how many fundies watched footage of the Queen’s funeral and other events and saw what Protestant churches look like in the UK?

If they know any history of them they would know that Westminster Abbey and St. George's Chapel were once Catholic.  They would appreciate that they're now Protestant, but wouldn't approve of the "papist" leftovers in decoration, liturgy, etc.

Edited by sagittarius sue
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
30 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

If they know any history of them they would know that Westminster Abbey and St. George's Chapel were once Catholic.  They would appreciate that they're now Protestant, but wouldn't approve of the "papist" leftovers in decoration, liturgy, etc.

I think that the Church of England is a little too Catholic for them.

• Like 9
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

I was just looking at Ben's church, and actually it is an attractive small church.  The beige building on the right in the photo is probably the fellowship hall because the church has a brick front.

However, it looks to me like Ben and Jessa don't actually have their own address but must use the church's address.

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 3
27 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

I was just looking at Ben's church, and actually it is an attractive small church.  The beige building on the right in the photo is probably the fellowship hall because the church has a brick front.

However, it looks to me like Ben and Jessa don't actually have their own address but must use the church's address.

It does look to be a nice church. Is it true Kendra's dad preached there for a time?

The beige building kitty-corner to Jessa's home is attached to the church.

image.png.ed64c04bcbd1ad65d8674c312083fd4e.png

• Love 1
1 hour ago, CalicoKitty said:

It appears that there are 3 windows in the front room.  It would not have been hard to convert the front door to a window, and more the door to where the windows are.  I'm still stumped on the fireplace behind the door.

Even if they move the door, though, the fireplace is stuck on the far end of the wall, at the corner.  Except for fireplaces specifically configured to be placed in a corner, it looks dumb and still doesn't lend itself easily to family gatherings in front of the fire.  It also looks really odd.  The only way I'd keep that fireplace is if it could somehow be moved to the middle of the wall.  Otherwise, I'd remove it completely.  It is a big fail, IMO.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 10
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

I always had the feeling that Ben is willing to work--he had a job before he married--but Jessa expected him to follow the Gothard model; don't work for strangers and be home most of the time.  I think maybe JB discouraged him from working outside of the family.  They are a closed group.

Ben held two jobs when he met Jessa. He installed windshields and worked at an insurance office. Once Pa Seewald sold him to JB he became just another Duggar. Ben is now full blown work averse, a lazy lump of self righteousness.

• Like 6
  • Sad 5
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, Notabug said:

Even if they move the door, though, the fireplace is stuck on the far end of the wall, at the corner.  Except for fireplaces specifically configured to be placed in a corner, it looks dumb and still doesn't lend itself easily to family gatherings in front of the fire.  It also looks really odd.  The only way I'd keep that fireplace is if it could somehow be moved to the middle of the wall.  Otherwise, I'd remove it completely.  It is a big fail, IMO.

But at least if the door was moved it wouldn't be slamming into the fireplace.  I agree with you, removal would have been better.  That is just a very strange house, and I don't think I would have been willing to put any money into it.  I'm very curious about the original configuration of that building.  Was it originally a parsonage?  I'm trying to think of any reason that any one or any business would have placed the fireplace there in the first place.  It just doesn't make any sense.

• Like 2
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

It does look to be a nice church. Is it true Kendra's dad preached there for a time?

The beige building kitty-corner to Jessa's home is attached to the church.

image.png.ed64c04bcbd1ad65d8674c312083fd4e.png

It looks like a cardboard box to me. 🤷‍♀️

26 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I'm blocked by Jessa. Is this supposed to be Ivy? Has she just now discovered the importance of protecting your kids? 

Or is she reposting something with the child's face already covered? 

Context, please!

Jessa did not cover the face, she posted it as a regular video.

34 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I'm blocked by Jessa. Is this supposed to be Ivy? Has she just now discovered the importance of protecting your kids? 

Or is she reposting something with the child's face already covered? 

Context, please!

It's a video of Fern

• Useful 1
3 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Thanks. So my first supposition was correct; she's just discovered the need to protect her children. I wonder how this will affect her SM going forward?

like @ginger90 said...  Jessa didnt hide Ferns face

13 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Jessa did not cover the face, she posted it as a regular video.

9 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Oh, I missed that post for some reason. Curiouser and curiouser.

I think it was a  screenshot above,  from somewhere else, and that person chose to cover the face. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Edited by ginger90
1 minute ago, ginger90 said:

I think it was a  screenshot above,  from somewhere else, and that person chose to cover the face. 🤷🏼‍♀️

That's what I figured happened after you said it came from a video. Jessa has learned nothing and will continue to monetize her kids. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2

I can see Ben in the role of preacher, standing up there on Sundays and giving his (probably boring) message to his flock.

What I can not imagine is him helping individual members of his congregation with their problems.  Ben ministering with empathy and understanding? I don't think so, he is too immature.

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

I can see Ben in the role of preacher, standing up there on Sundays and giving his (probably boring) message to his flock.

What I can not imagine is him helping individual members of his congregation with their problems.  Ben ministering with empathy and understanding? I don't think so, he is too immature.

Immature and arrogant AF. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 12
5 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

Jessa claims that they "entertain" 2 or 3 days/week.  Aside from boring bible studies, what could they be doing? Does she offer food and/or drinks? I just can't picture Jessa in the role of hostess.

• Like 13
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
44 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Jessa claims that they "entertain" 2 or 3 days/week.  Aside from boring bible studies, what could they be doing? Does she offer food and/or drinks? I just can't picture Jessa in the role of hostess.

Probably "fellowshipping" with "sweet friends" 

• LOL 8

Jessa has gone full on JB/M. First she makes a tiny replica of the TTH down to the laundry suite, music corner, multiple couches and huge dining table. Second it seems she's opening her home for fellowshipping. I wonder if she has a mic system for Ben to scream into. I wonder if Jessa makes the rounds and offers advice to sweet friends in a baby voice.

The new thread title should be:

Jessa and Ben: The Echoes of the TTH, Next Generation

• Like 4
  • LOL 12
  • Love 5