Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

(edited)
3 minutes ago, Dimi1 said:

its a girl...name Fern Elliana...mmm...

Fern? Fern?

I saw this about her second name

A variant spelling of Eliana, Elliana means my god has answered in Hebrew 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Useful 5
  • Love 5
(edited)
6 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Ivy and Fern? No, just no.

I think Josie Bates pulled off the plant theme well with Willow and Hazel, but Fern just doesn't do it for me.

On the bright side, coulda been Philodendron....or Eucalyptus, I guess. 

Those might have made Spurge happy, though. 

image.png

By the by, wonder if Jessa would like this hairdo for the kids. It's got curls. And it has the virtue for me of keeping the hair out of the eyes, which is the only thing that really bothers me about the hair. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 16
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I didn't know that. All the hospitals in my area carry blankets that are pink and blue striped. 

I wonder when, or if, hospitals will stop with the pink and blue. Its kind of falling out of favor.

I've worked in a lot of hospitals and every one has had gender neutral baby blankets with pink and blue stripes or multicolor baby footprints.  I've never seen gender specific receiving blankets in the hospital because it would be a pain in the neck to sort them separately and, God forbid, a baby gets wrapped in the 'wrong' color.  Hospitals also have a finite stock of linens and what if there is a run of boy babies and all the blue blankets run out?  You'd be amazed at the stuff patients complain about.  I could see some parents up in arms for re-enforcing gender roles with blanket colors while others have a hissy if their little boy isn't wrapped head to toe in blue.

The 'pink blanket' on Jessa's baby looks like newborn skin to me.

• Love 13
(edited)
8 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Clematis would have been nice. 🤣

Fern always sounds like the name of an old lady from the south, never married and a pain in the a--. She wears green and has on garish red lipstick and a bouffant hair style, dyed brown. 

And gold orthopedic shoes.😂

Seriously, WTF ? Fern? Why would you do that to a poor defenseless baby? But I guess they already did it to Spurgeon. 

Edited by 3 is enough
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Fern always sounds like the name of an old lady from the south, never married and a pain in the a--. She wears green and has on garish red lipstick and a bouffant hair style, dyed brown. 

2 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

I see you’ve met my mother! (Seriously, right on all counts but never married.)

• LOL 9
  • Love 3

Spurgeon still loses the name sweepstakes, but I am not a fan of the name Fern. Poor kid. I actually like the name Henry and don't mind Ivy. I wouldn't pick it myself, but it's a pretty name. But Fern? 

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Seriously, WTF ? Fern? Why would you do that to a poor defenseless baby? But I guess they already did it to Spurgeon. 

I get a vision of Eunice (Carol Burnett). 

• LOL 19
  • Love 1
(edited)
7 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

So, Jessa got an epidural?  Getting mighty fancy there.  

Fern is a really unfortunate name, IMO.  Good thing she has her brother, Spurgeon, since, he's got the worst name of all time.  It'll deflect attention from her not-pretty name.

I have a cousin named Eliana, but her mother is Ecuadorean and its a family name and common there.  I think that would've been a much prettier first name and also would've continued the E baby name trend for the Duggars.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Love 14
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Apparently I'm in the minority, but I have loved the name Fern ever since I read Charlotte's Web as a kid. Not thrilled with the plant theme, though. It rather makes it sound too contrived.

I agree, it's a little too cutesy and Jessa is just not cutesy.

I was racking my brain trying to come up with the book featuring a character named Fern, so thank you! At first I thought it was Little House on the Prairie.

All I could think of was the Amazing Race.  In one of the first couple seasons, a pair of racers were hopelessly lost in an Asian country, it might've been China.  They met a local who spoke excellent English and called herself Fern.  She took them all over the place and helped them catch up on the leg.  They developed a really sweet relationship on the fly, too.  It was an iconic moment for the show and, now, every time a local helps the racers figure something out; the local is known as a Fern in the online fandom.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Useful 4
  • Love 14
2 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Apparently I'm in the minority, but I have loved the name Fern ever since I read Charlotte's Web as a kid. Not thrilled with the plant theme, though. It rather makes it sound too contrived.

I was racking my brain trying to come up with the book featuring a character named Fern, so thank you! At first I thought it was Little House on the Prairie.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

I think that would've been a much prettier first name and also would've continued the E baby name trend for the Duggars.

Maybe Jessa actually realized that having an Elliana amidst Evelyn, Evangeline, Maryella, and Bella might be a bit much. It does seem like she likes "El-" names though (Spurgeon Elliot), so if she really did prefer it and didn't use it as a first name because she felt like her sisters/ sisters-in-law had taken the luster off it, that's sad.

She does give her kids unique names, I'll give her that...

• Love 6

It’s very strange on her Instagram page. So many people saying they love the name, but not one mention what it is. And some of those comments will have several replies, but you can’t see them. 🤷🏼‍♀️ One person said their delete game is strong, and then I noticed that comment was deleted. The only thing I can assume is that they don’t want anyone to find out the name from Instagram.....they want you to have to watch the You Tube video to find out, because views = money. 

• Useful 18
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Well, I have to say I agree with you.  I think it is a nice name.  One of my friends has grandchildren Ivy, Reed, and Calla.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, Rootbeer said:

Or Violet, Rose, Daisy, or any of a dozen other names.

Violet is such a lovely name. Fern just sounds old rather than old-fashioned. Maybe they really wanted to pinpoint the plant theme to foliage rather than go for a flower. I nominate Hosta or Calladium for the next one. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 6

I wasn't thrilled when they named Ivy, I think I was the only one who didn't like the name, but I absolutely loathe Fern. (And yes, I read Charlotte's Web and loved it, still hate the name).

• Love 11
(edited)

As I am reading all of these posts it occurred to me that I also gave my daughter a plant name.  Not a flower, but a plant.  It’s Holly. Coincidentally she was born in December but I had the picked the name way before I was pregnant. And she loves anything Christmas, so I guess we chose well.

It’s funny because when I hear “Holly” I don’t think of the plant, I think of my daughter. It actually took me a few minutes to remember that I had given her a plant name. 🤦‍♀️

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Love 18
8 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

MommyRabbittron here I hate the name Fern. It reminds me of a girl who was a bully in kindergarten and all through the school years. She is now in prison for life no parole. 

that is awful. I would hate it too. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Bin reminds me of the teen dads on 16&Pregnant who'd rather be playing X-box than attending their child's birth. I guess he was worried about complications, but I thought he was weirdly detached. 

Ivy was cute when she thought the baby was Evy Mae. 

I thought Fern looked way bigger than 8 lb. 5 oz. I was surprised. She's a beautiful baby, though. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
24 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Part 2 of video:

Fern is a beautiful newborn.  I think that Jessa’s doula is the woman who delivered her other 3 children. (I can’t think of her name.)

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1

So did Meech and Boob and Jana and the rest of the fam show up at the hospital?  Who was in the delivery room? I'm not giving them clicks to find out.

I wonder if that hospital even allows more than one visitor at a time in a patient's room. I know that during the pandemic the hospitals here were very strict about visitors, including limiting the numbers allowed in, and not allowing visitors to leave and then come back in on the same day. I think they've loosened up a little but I don't know if all restrictions are lifted yet.

• Love 6
(edited)
7 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Bin reminds me of the teen dads on 16&Pregnant who'd rather be playing X-box than attending their child's birth. I guess he was worried about complications, but I thought he was weirdly detached. 

Ivy was cute when she thought the baby was Evy Mae. 

I thought Fern looked way bigger than 8 lb. 5 oz. I was surprised. She's a beautiful baby, though. 

I think that Ben is unable to handle anything having to do with birthing a baby.  He gets queasy at the sight of blood and all of the fluids and whatnot that are involved in delivering a baby.

Edited by farmgal4
  • Useful 5
Just now, Teriacky said:

Fern?!! Jessa gave birth to a 90 year old?!!

If Spurgeon snd Fern ever make it out into the real world they can both use their middle names, Elliot and Elliana. 

I can assure you my sister Fern is not 90! And me (Ivy) isn't either! 

• LOL 3
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, farmgal4 said:

I think that Ben is unable to handle anything having to do with birthing a baby.  He gets queasy at the sight of blood and all of the fluids and whatnot that’s involved in delivering a baby.

Wow, he's just completely useless isn't he? I could give Bin a pass on the squeamishness if he was killing it in other areas of responsibility, but aside from impregnating Jessa, what does he do?

• Useful 2
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, Zella said:

Spurgeon still loses the name sweepstakes, but I am not a fan of the name Fern. Poor kid. I actually like the name Henry and don't mind Ivy. I wouldn't pick it myself, but it's a pretty name. But Fern? 

1 hour ago, Rootbeer said:

Fern is a really unfortunate name, IMO.  Good thing she has her brother, Spurgeon, since, he's got the worst name of all time.  It'll deflect attention from her not-pretty name.

They could've named her Cactus and Spurgeon still would've lost out on the name game. I'm always hoping that when he turns 18, he runs far away and goes by Elliot.

• LOL 3
  • Love 15
5 minutes ago, Teriacky said:
7 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Omg Jessa is copying my parents. In real life I am Ivy and my sister is Fern.

I love it. We were trendsetters lol.

Sorry everyone is dogging on your sister’s name! I guess you’re the Henry to her Spurgeon 😉

• LOL 17
  • Love 1