Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

I'm a little surprised at all the love for Ellianna when so many folks here seem to dislike Maryella.To me they're of a piece. I'm not crazy about the fern as a plant,  but as a name I think it has character.

• Love 4
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Portia said:

I'm a little surprised at all the love for Ellianna when so many folks here seem to dislike Maryella.

I think most people had issues with the spelling of Maryella rather than the name itself, saying that Mariella or Mary Ella would have been better.

Similarly, if Jessa had named the baby Elliana Fern, I'm sure people would be complaining about too many E-names (to go along with Evangeline and Evelyn) and/or too many "Ella" names (to go along with Maryella and Bella). 

Edited by dargosmydaddy
  • Love 13
50 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

a0o28aqtunc71.png?width=828&format=png&a

Precious new life?

Yeah right. Fern will be denied proper education, food, clothes and will share a bedroom with 3 siblings. Some life ! 

Baby Triscuit will be sitting in the fridge drinking milk soon enough.

• LOL 7
  • Love 11
(edited)
3 hours ago, Panopticon said:

Fleur Delacour would be just about the worst Harry Potter character for them too. Not only was she fine with using her beauty to distract men (Nike!) but she was the best student in her school and competed against boys in physical/magical events. Plus she had enough strength of conviction to risk her neck fighting in a magical war… she didn’t leave that to the menfolk either. 

Of course she did get married barely out of her teens to an older man who was one of many sometimes-interchangeable brothers, so the Duggars might be okay with that part.

But Bill was Head Boy, became a Curse-Breaker for Gringotts, and had long hair and an earring. Duggars say "nope!" 

Topic: Jim Bob looks happy holding Fern. I do think he loves his children and grandchildren. Not so sure Mullet does. 

Edited by Heathen
  • Useful 4
4 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Precious new life?

Yeah right. Fern will be denied proper education, food, clothes and will share a bedroom with 3 siblings. Some life ! 

Baby Triscuit 😂😂😂 she’ll be curled up in a corner, fast asleep and clutching a box of crackers.

Last night I was thinking they should have named her “Fern Gully Seewald”

• LOL 7
  • Love 6

I was so annoyed at the introduction of baby to Ivy and the boys. Why does Ivy need to hold her immediately and all the talks "this is your sister, this baby was in mommy's belly"

Ivy did not look very happy

Jessa liked the hospital experience and epidural

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

Ivy looked to be grappling with the new baby like many two year olds - with a big feeling of, WTF. I'm guessing she was expecting a doll. Ivy is going to have a hard time with this intrusion of a needy human. She strutted around the Mold House like she owned it, and she knew one little "waah" from her would stop her brothers' in their tracks. Now Fern's waahs are going to get all the attention.

I actually think Ben and Jessa know what they're in for and are trying to make it easier for Ivy (and themselves), but are failing. And Ivy is one step ahead of them. She said, "he wants to sleep in that room", meaning not with Jessa.

And poor Spurge, he gets it. Like his grandmother, Jessa is going to be very busy for the next six months, so Spurge is going to need to be a grownup - a brother-mom - and take on responsibility wrangling in Henry and Ivy.

Because I jumped around in the video and had the volume very low, I was wondering if they said who the guy was that did the spontaneous photoshoot?

• Love 15
(edited)
10 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Precious new life?

'Precious" in the sense that she's one more gold star next to JB's and M's names on that big grade chart in the sky, of course. 

Reminds me of that "goodbye to TLC" note where they took credit even for getting a bunch of other people's babies born.....So when it comes to babies with their own DNA....Well, wow!!!!

As far as anything else, eh.....They couldn't care less, as you say. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Because I jumped around in the video and had the volume very low, I was wondering if they said who the guy was that did the spontaneous photoshoot?

I think it was Jim Bob.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Looking at pictures of the birthday party that Jinger threw for Felicity versus the birthday celebrations that Jessa's kids get, you wouldn't even believe they are related or best friends. Felicity gets a fancy cake and the poor Seewald kids get Amazon boxes and stale ice cream. Does Jeremy have a lot of money from his family or something? Not that the party looked expensive, just really nice. They seem to have very different lifestyles now, Jessa and Jinger. Except the ridiculous need to stay meek and keep sweet. That appears to be universal.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I don't know where they were when Spurge was holding court, but that room alone is as big as Jessa's living room and kitchen combined.

That was taken at the dining room table at the Jim Boob & MEchelle's.

• Useful 3
13 hours ago, Heathen said:

Topic: Jim Bob looks happy holding Fern. I do think he loves his children and grandchildren. Not so sure Mullet does. 

Nah. Only as a money-maker / show-reviver ....the caption was mostly about them....JB'S birthday and THEIR 10th granddaughter. Ugh.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
49 minutes ago, Spazamanaz said:

That was taken at the dining room table at the Jim Boob & MEchelle's.

Wow, I never realized how big it was. Definitely narrower than Jessa's living room/kitchen, but not by much.

524d78ebcff3a.preview-500.jpg?crop=477,3

• Useful 3
26 minutes ago, drafan said:

Nah. Only as a money-maker / show-reviver ....the caption was mostly about them....JB'S birthday and THEIR 10th granddaughter. Ugh.

Exactly. Not love at all.

• Love 7
49 minutes ago, drafan said:

She's not their 10th granddaughter. She's the tenth in a row of granddaughters. 

• Love 6

I wonder if Ben secretly thinks he should have gone for Jinjer?  She seems like she would have let him "wear the pants," unlike Jessa.

Still, he's the headship, so if he wants them to stop breeding, he needs to decide that, and do something about it.

• Love 14
24 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I wonder if Ben secretly thinks he should have gone for Jinjer?  She seems like she would have let him "wear the pants," unlike Jessa.

Still, he's the headship, so if he wants them to stop breeding, he needs to decide that, and do something about it.

I think Bin is immature, wishy-washy and totally happy to let Jessa take the lead because that means he doesn’t have to do anything himself. Bin and Jinger together would be a nightmare of indecision and ineptitude. Jessa may suck in many ways, but at least she shows signs of life and a certain amount of resilience that seems to be missing in Bin. I think she stepped up to the plate when it became clear that the boy she married wasn’t going to lead. Good for her! 

• Love 22
3 hours ago, ozziemom said:

So the Seewald family headed right to the Big House? With a newborn.

No, it looks like Jessa and Ben stayed at the hospital while someone (presumably JB/Michelle) took the kids to the big house.  Jessa/Ben & baby went straight to their home from the hospital.   

• Useful 6
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Zella said:

Yeah a lot of the guys I know who are like Ben actually like having a Jessa as a wife. The passive-aggressive ones will still resent the hell out of their wife when it conflicts with what they want or inconveniences them, but they never actively step up to provide any balance because the rest of the time they like the lack of responsibility. And truthfully a lot of them like being able to shrug off responsibility even when they dislike the decision because then they can always blame her because it was her idea, don't you know. 

I don't think Jessa and Ben are happy in their relationship, and I would find Jessa pretty hard to take in person. But she never really disguised her personality around him before they were married, so it's not like he was blindsided. 

OMG!  That describes my ex-husband.  OMG!  I may be a Jessa!

• LOL 22
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

Me too, Suzan, but like Jessa I’m still married to mine! (He’s not a total Ben, but he does have Ben-tendencies.

Eighteen years was enough for me!  🤣

• LOL 8

I've never been married to a Ben, but I've worked in group projects with them. And I used to tell them when they got off their ass and did something they were allowed to have an opinion. I can't imagine being locked in a house with them for any extended period of time without violence erupting on one end or the other. LOL 

• LOL 14
  • Love 7
54 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Bendencies.

34 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Bindincies 

Too funny! 

I noticed in the recent videos that Ben & Jessa call each other "Love". It gives me the impression that they've had some marriage counseling, probably pastoral. They don't seem to have much to say to one another, but at least they are making a small effort. Bin also made a point of washing Ivy's hands before she held Fern. I think he's used to a higher level of cleanliness, but he's so passive he keeps most of his thoughts to himself. 

• Useful 9
  • Love 9
(edited)

So now that the kids have been at the hospital, at the big house, and presumably now back home with the newborn, they can pass along all the germs they've picked up this week.

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Wow, I never realized how big it was. Definitely narrower than Jessa's living room/kitchen, but not by much.

524d78ebcff3a.preview-500.jpg?crop=477,3

Are they allowed to drink anything when they eat? 

• Useful 4
  • LOL 3
4 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

I think Bin is immature, wishy-washy and totally happy to let Jessa take the lead because that means he doesn’t have to do anything himself. Bin and Jinger together would be a nightmare of indecision and ineptitude. Jessa may suck in many ways, but at least she shows signs of life and a certain amount of resilience that seems to be missing in Bin. I think she stepped up to the plate when it became clear that the boy she married wasn’t going to lead. Good for her! 

And Jessa and Jeremy together would bicker over each other while fighting for dominance, culminating in many nights of passionate hot sex.

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Zella said:

Yeah a lot of the guys I know who are like Ben actually like having a Jessa as a wife. The passive-aggressive ones will still resent the hell out of their wife when it conflicts with what they want or inconveniences them, but they never actively step up to provide any balance because the rest of the time they like the lack of responsibility. And truthfully a lot of them like being able to shrug off responsibility even when they dislike the decision because then they can always blame her because it was her idea, don't you know. 

I don't think Jessa and Ben are happy in their relationship, and I would find Jessa pretty hard to take in person. But she never really disguised her personality around him before they were married, so it's not like he was blindsided. 

6 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

I really with we could like posts more than once, because both of these are right on. I often find myself defending Jessa not because I like her at all, but partly because pretty much everyone around her just sucks that much more. I've never felt the tiniest twinge of sympathy for Ben. His motivations for wanting to meet Jessa put him in asshole territory early, and everything he's done since has dug him deeper. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
4 minutes ago, lascuba said:

I've never felt the tiniest twinge of sympathy for Ben.

Yeah I don't feel sorry for either one of them. I do feel sorry for their kids, though. I don't think that's a fun house to exist in, even by Duggar standards. The passive-aggressive vibes and tension just radiate off both Jessa and Ben in still photos. I bet in person it's almost suffocating. 

• Love 23