Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

I think the name is cute.

I had to watch the video with the sound off. Nothing against Ben, but if my husband was stroking my head like he was Jessa’s I’d have to tell him to stop. I probably wouldn’t have said it nicely.

• LOL 11
  • Love 3

I don't mind the name Fern. It's an actual name people recognize and can spell. I just can't with the weird names and spellings people come up with these days. I wonder if Spurgeon will change his name to Elliott one day when he grows up.

It would be nice if Jessa stopped at 4 kids and gave them lots of attention and let them grow up without a million siblings. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, Zella said:

She could have used Hyacinth and opened the door for us to make lots of Keeping Up Appearances jokes. 

18 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

'SeaWorld residence, lady of the house speaking' 

Which one of the boys would be Sheridan Spurgeon, Henry or one to be named later?  I am now imagining Spurgeon talking to Jessa on the phone and Jessa having no idea her son is gay.  All that innuendo just wooshing on over her head.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Wow, he's just completely useless isn't he? I could give Bin a pass on the squeamishness if he was killing it in other areas of responsibility, but aside from impregnating Jessa, what does he do?

Kiss passionless in the weeds?

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

I don't mind the name Fern. It's an actual name people recognize and can spell. I just can't with the weird names and spellings people come up with these days. I wonder if Spurgeon will change his name to Elliott one day when he grows up.

It would be nice if Jessa stopped at 4 kids and gave them lots of attention and let them grow up without a million siblings. 

Fyrn and Ayeveigh 

• LOL 21
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

No I'm more like the Ivy to her Fern.

Sorry, it was not my intention to be disrespectful. I was just making light of all the negative Fern comments. There’s nothing wrong with either of your names. 

• Love 8
51 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Wow, he's just completely useless isn't he? I could give Bin a pass on the squeamishness if he was killing it in other areas of responsibility, but aside from impregnating Jessa, what does he do?

There are a lot of people who can't handle blood or pain. It doesn't mean any of them is useless. 

Topic: Does Fern Fern Fern (to everything there is a season) have Jessa's lips, or is it just my imagination? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
30 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Geez, she could have at least picked something cute like Violet, Lily or Poppy! 

Just give them a few years and more girls to name.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

The site went wacky for a minute so I missed some posts and I'm not sure if this was mentioned - 

Did they think it was necessary to drag the kids into the hospital to see Fern? Covid is rampant in AR.

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, IndianPaintbrush said:

Every Duggarling since Felicity has been a girl. Interesting.

I wonder who will announce next? My money's on Abbie or Kendra.

I had Kendra on my mind today, so I'm going with her. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, lascuba said:

Violet is such a lovely name. Fern just sounds old rather than old-fashioned. Maybe they really wanted to pinpoint the plant theme to foliage rather than go for a flower. I nominate Hosta or Calladium for the next one. 

2 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

Or Violet, Rose, Daisy, or any of a dozen other names.

2 hours ago, Heathen said:

FFS, if they wanted a plant name, why not LILY? 

Fern just reminds me of the kid in Charlotte's Web. Which was published in 1952. 

I really dislike the name.  There are so many pretty flower and plant names as suggested.  It sounds old (and that wouldn't be a deal breaker for me necessarily) and it does not have a nice flow and rhythm with the middle name.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, SMama said:

I’m surprised the hospital allowed filming and two extra people in that room. This is Arkansas after all, but it seemed irresponsible.

Although I’m not one of them I totally get those who don’t deal well with bodily fluids, incisions, etc. But to me a husband and father (wife and mother too) should suck it up. Was it the doula who said “he wants me at the bad end?” It’s the bad end when Jessa is giving birth to his children, but it’s the good end when Ben is horny. What a waste of space Ben has turned out to be. And FFS man up and cut the cord you useless man. 

I didn’t mean to quote myself but  can’t get rid of the box. Ben is so detached, maybe it’s time to stop having babies he can’t afford.

However, I’ll give him credit if the hospital birth happened at his insistence.

@GeeGolly, the Duggars do not believe in COVID no matter how many of them have had it on the DL. Still irresponsible of the hospital to allow the kids to visit. It looked like an uncomplicated birth, Jessa is most likely home by now. If the hospital doesn’t allow the kids to visit they can’t visit. Michelle and her dolphin squeals grate on my nerves. You had your 19, stay home and STFU.

• Love 18

I'm a little late to the game since our internet was out this morning. I watched the video and I have to admit, I teared up (like I do whenever a baby is born), but I was crying along with Jessa. Seeing your new baby for the first time, after the hard work of labor, is such a momentous occasion. 

I was surprised that Michelle was on top of things to the point of noticing before the staff that Jessa's water had broken and cheerfully volunteering to cut the cord. I guess she's learned a thing or two about birthing after delivering 19 children "herself"! 😉 Ben on the other hand, was about as useless as expected. They didn't even walk beside one another on the way in. They just do not seem to have a connection, other than reproducing.

As for the name, I'm kind of meh on it. I actually knew a Fern growing up and her name was considered odd, but odd names are pretty common these days. Except for Spurgeon, which is a horrible name! It would be lovely if the Seewald's stopped at 4, but I doubt that will happen. Fern is a beautiful baby. I heard no mention of mother bleeding, so hurray for the hospital birth! 

• Love 19

Maybe Ben and Jessa are secret Charlotte's Web fans. In the book, Henry Fussy is Fern's friend. If the Seewalds ever have a Wilbur or Templeton, we'll know for sure. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 8
  • Love 10

If Ben can't deal with blood and such, that's fine (and if it weren't Michelle, I would have found her excitement at getting to cut the cord endearing). But he seemed so detached throughout all of it. Is it a baby #4 thing? Is he just completely detached from Jessa?  Is that just their dynamic and they're both content with that? Is that just Jessa's preference during labor (I have a happily married friend who can't stand the sight of her husband when she's in labor)?

I don't know why I care since the topic doesn't usually interest me, but I'm interested in hearing how Jessa felt about the hospital birth.

• Love 18

hospital Birth, and an epidural.  She went all out this time.   It was the Ritz Carlton of Births for Jessa.  No emergency rush to hospital afterwards for bleeding this time.   had a real doctor Deliver.   Must be some good health insurance now. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Ummmm…he…ummmm…well, see, he…ummmm… I’ll have to get back to you on that one, BitterApple. 🤔

• LOL 16

Fern isn't the worst name in the world. Especially compared to her oldest brother. 

The only Fern I knew in real life was someone who self-described as a "Jewish lesbian witch", so that's what I think of when I hear Fern. 

Starting with Felicity, there has now been 10 baby girls in a row, all born within 3 years. Before that it was 6 boys in a row. And Anna is having a girl. Didn't Anna once make a comment about being special for having the only girls in the family. Guess karma showed her! 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 12
  • Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, mom2two said:

Or JB was shamed into opening his wallet given how much money he is spending on the pervert’s lawyers. Oh wait, did I imply JB has shame? 😂😂😂

Edited by SMama
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11
46 minutes ago, lascuba said:

If Ben can't deal with blood and such, that's fine (and if it weren't Michelle, I would have found her excitement at getting to cut the cord endearing). But he seemed so detached throughout all of it. Is it a baby #4 thing? Is he just completely detached from Jessa?  Is that just their dynamic and they're both content with that? Is that just Jessa's preference during labor (I have a happily married friend who can't stand the sight of her husband when she's in labor)?

I don't know why I care since the topic doesn't usually interest me, but I'm interested in hearing how Jessa felt about the hospital birth.

I honestly think Ben was traumatized during Spurgie's birth. Even before motherrrr was bleeedinnngg. He seems to get stressed out to the point of helplessness. Almost PTSD-like.

• Love 19
(edited)

Oh, man, I think Fern is a terrible name.  And uninspired.  

I used to work with a woman named Fleur (flower in French).  I wish Jessa  had consulted with me if she wanted a plant-based, short girl's name that starts with F.  😕

Fern?  Just no, no, no.

Edited by CouchTater
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I honestly think Ben was traumatized during Spurgie's birth. Even before motherrrr was bleeedinnngg. He seems to get stressed out to the point of helplessness. Almost PTSD-like.

He was like 20 when Spurgie was born? I think it was all too much for him then and now he just blanks out. 

• Love 14
4 hours ago, Heathen said:

FFS, if they wanted a plant name, why not LILY? 

Fern just reminds me of the kid in Charlotte's Web. Which was published in 1952. 

I had a great Aunt Fern…. Born in the 1890s. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, MzTori77 said:

It’s very strange on her Instagram page. So many people saying they love the name, but not one mention what it is. And some of those comments will have several replies, but you can’t see them. 🤷🏼‍♀️ One person said their delete game is strong, and then I noticed that comment was deleted. The only thing I can assume is that they don’t want anyone to find out the name from Instagram.....they want you to have to watch the You Tube video to find out, because views = money. 

You think with a newborn and three other kids, they’d be a little busy/recovering to be in their SM deleting comments they don’t like. 

thread name possibility:  Benessa+4:Still Climbing Diaper Mountain

• LOL 3
  • Love 11
14 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Then perhaps it’s time for Bin to reclaim his balls and stop the baby train. They have two heathy boys and two heathy girls. Still in a two bedroom house (congratulations, you are tied with the Paines) with a father with no visible means of the income needed to support a family of six.

• Love 22
20 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

Oh, man, I think Fern is a terrible name.  And uninspired.  

I used to work with a woman named Fleur (flower in French).  I wish Jessa  had consulted with me if she wanted a plant-based, short girl's name that starts with F.  😕

Fern?  Just no, no, no.

Their hillbilly pronunciation of “Fleur” would be too terrible to bear.

• LOL 19
8 minutes ago, SMama said:

with a father with no visible means of the income needed to support a family of six.

Don't you know that Bin is a mega rich super preacher.  He has all the money in the world that they need. 

• LOL 4
(edited)

I just rewatched the birth video (yeah, I’m bored).  I’m almost certain that the doula was Teresa, who was the midwife at Jessa’s 3 prior births.  Ben couldn’t handle watching the epidural being put in either.  He must be super squeamish.  Jessa labored 14 hours before having the epidural, and I think she delivered shortly after getting it.  That’s just crazy to me.  Why suffer for 14 hours before getting relief?  I LOL when the baby burped, and Ivy said that “she tooted in her mouth.” 😄 Michelle’s voice grates on my last nerve.  I think it was Ben who said that Fern resembles Henry as a newborn. IMO, there’s absolutely no resemblance at all.  Henry was not a cute baby.  Fern is, by far, the prettiest Seewald newborn.  In fact, she’s one of the most beautiful newborns I’ve ever seen.

ETA:  I can’t believe that they allowed those 3 children to come to the hospital and especially come to the hospital unmasked!  

Edited by farmgal4
  • Useful 2
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, IndianPaintbrush said:

Every Duggarling since Felicity has been a girl. Interesting.

I wonder who will announce next? My money's on Abbie or Kendra.

Katey or Claire

• Love 9

Oh Darn.  They couldn't have named her after doula Teresa?

Fern sounds old-ladyish to me.  I have an old lady name that took me years to like, as I do now.  So maybe little Fern will grow into her name, too.  Now it seems like I said the same thing about Evelyn.  But Fern is older-sounding, to me anyway.

• Love 1