Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Zella said:

Even just switching the names to Elliana Fern has a better flow than Fern Elliana.

Yes, it does.  If they had said the name a few more times they might have heard how clunky it sounds. 

• Love 10
37 minutes ago, Suzn said:

Yes, it does.  If they had said the name a few more times they might have heard how clunky it sounds. 

My practice when choosing my kids’ names was to practice yelling it up the steps a few times. Cause you know that you’re gonna be mad when you’re using all three. 😂😂

I can’t knock Ellianna. That my niece’s name. But, yes, it should have been her first name with Fern as a middle name. Much like Spurgeon should have been a middle name. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 18

I just watched Part II video.   Glad all went well with the birth.  Surprised me how many people were in that L&D room when the baby was born.  

I felt sorry for Spurgeon.  He really wanted a brother.  Even when they showed him Fern during that Facetime call, he said twice, "Its a boy!" 

I wish they had told him before the birth that the baby would be a girl so he could come to accept that.  I don't think he said anything after his Dad pointed out the baby had a bow around her head and he figured out she was a girl.   Then Ivy took over.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

Something like Fern Adalynn Sewald could’ve worked. It just goes better than Elliana. 
I always tried to imagine my kids” names on a diploma or how it sounds when at graduation or with a title. Like, Dr. Fern Adalynn Sewald. Judge Fern Adalynn Sewald. Sadly, with the low Duggar expectations, those may never come to be. 😞

• Love 10
22 minutes ago, ranchgirl said:

I just watched Part II video.   Glad all went well with the birth.  Surprised me how many people were in that L&D room when the baby was born.  

I felt sorry for Spurgeon.  He really wanted a brother.  Even when they showed him Fern during that Facetime call, he said twice, "Its a boy!" 

I wish they had told him before the birth that the baby would be a girl so he could come to accept that.  I don't think he said anything after his Dad pointed out the baby had a bow around her head and he figured out she was a girl.   Then Ivy took over.  

Sounds like they’ve already brainwashed him with the strict jinder role nonsense. A shame.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
24 minutes ago, ranchgirl said:

I don't feel sorry for Spurgeon. He has a brother. and he isn't owed another brother.  Lots of people only have 1 or 2 siblings or no siblings or siblings of any gender. He'll grow up and get over it.

• Useful 2
  • Love 21

I agree with those who are saying Elliana Fern flows better, but when you put Seewald with it, I think Fern Elliana sounds better. JMO.

Those old-fashioned names are very much in vogue now. My four-month-old granddaughter is Willa Jane (no, they don't call her both names). My son's 23yo girlfriend's name is Ivey. She's the youngest of three girls whose names all end in   -ey.

• Love 10
16 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I was browsing YouTube, and Part 1 of Jessa's birth video is just shy of 900k views and Part 2 is nearing 500k.

I wonder if she'll eventually join Patreon? Even if a fraction of Jessa's following paid $5/mo. each, she could make bank. There's obviously still some level of interest in the circus. You'd think one of the Duggar kids would get a clue and get on their hustle.

Does Jessa even know about Patreon?  I feel like that is a platform unknown to more conservative circles.  It is a steadier income stream than Youtube , but it is more effort.  I can't see Jessa doing multiple levels with different content.  If you want people to pay more than others (and more than $5 a month) you have to have exclusive content.  Multiple videos or text posts every month.  Jessa is too lazy for that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
47 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Does Jessa even know about Patreon?  I feel like that is a platform unknown to more conservative circles.  It is a steadier income stream than Youtube , but it is more effort.  I can't see Jessa doing multiple levels with different content.  If you want people to pay more than others (and more than $5 a month) you have to have exclusive content.  Multiple videos or text posts every month.  Jessa is too lazy for that.

I agree, somehow the idea of Jessa on Patreon seems - unlikely.

I subscribe to a few creators (that's what they are called) on Patreon. And they really work to provide content, as well as some degree of interaction with their subscribers (or patrons). I've dropped a few subscriptions on Patreon when the creator went silent for awhile or I found their content just not interesting.

Jessa would have to do more than slap up the occasional video and ignore or delete comments she didn't like. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 13
5 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

I agree, somehow the idea of Jessa on Patreon seems - unlikely.

I subscribe to a few creators (that's what they are called) on Patreon. And they really work to provide content, as well as some degree of interaction with their subscribers (or patrons). I've dropped a few subscriptions on Patreon when the creator went silent for awhile or I found their content just not interesting.

Jessa would have to do more than slap up the occasional video and ignore or delete comments she didn't like. 

Yeah I've never actually followed through and subscribed to anyone on Patreon, but I have stumbled across a few bloggers/YouTubers who have Patreons, and it's clear that they put a lot of time and effort into not only their main content but also their Patreon exclusive stuff. Jessa seems unmotivated to put much effort into the content she is already generating, let alone extras. And with 4 kids, including a newborn in the mix, I don't know that she'd have time, even if she had the motivation. 

• Love 17
13 hours ago, ranchgirl said:

Poor old Spurge is probably subconsciously trying to assemble a gang of guy friends. ... You know, the kind of thing that we social animals pretty much evolved to have.

I expect as they get older, Henry, Ivy and eventually Fern will long for actual peer groups too. 

Unfortunately no Duggar-Seewald kid is likely to get any such thing unless somebody exchanges their parents' brains for other people's brains in the middle of the night.

And don't expect to get inspiration or illumination or learning from any adult teachers or coaches or mentors besides Bin and Jessa either, Seewald children. You're mommy's and daddy's little over-churched homeschoolers for eternity. No trips to that satanic public library for you, either. 

Coming out of lurkdom to note that although so many here seem to think of Fern as an old person's name, it has been quite trendy here in the UK for some time - probably since the presenter Fearne Cotton (now in her 30s) began her career, in fact. I don't think of it as an old person's name at all, since I associate it strongly with a trendy young children's TV presenter!

• Useful 5
  • Love 12

Interesting discussion. Now that the show has been canceled, I’m curious to see what directions the individual Duggar offspring will take to be able to support themselves and their families. Jessa in particular as she is the daughter with the most children to support. I’m wondering if this is the watershed moment where her life changes drastically in some way. Will she modify her beliefs? If so, will she continue having children? Will she seek to further her education? Will her father’s resources, and in turn her resources soon dry up? If so, will her husband seek a career path? Does he even know how? Will they even last as a married couple? It’s unfortunate that these two still very young people were so woefully unprepared for the life their parents forced upon them, but I would love to see where they are five years from now.

• Love 22
1 hour ago, charmed1 said:

Interesting discussion. Now that the show has been canceled, I’m curious to see what directions the individual Duggar offspring will take to be able to support themselves and their families. Jessa in particular as she is the daughter with the most children to support. I’m wondering if this is the watershed moment where her life changes drastically in some way. Will she modify her beliefs? If so, will she continue having children? Will she seek to further her education? Will her father’s resources, and in turn her resources soon dry up? If so, will her husband seek a career path? Does he even know how? Will they even last as a married couple? It’s unfortunate that these two still very young people were so woefully unprepared for the life their parents forced upon them, but I would love to see where they are five years from now.

I wonder many of the same things. As far as five years from now, if Jessa has her way, we'll know what they're up to. She didn't miss a beat in upping her social media presence after the cancelation was announced.

I'm guessing Preacher Ben will need a real job in addition to his preaching, unless Jessa can up her SM game to the level of Carlin and Josie Bates. 

I think they'll continue to have more children because I believe Jessa would worry about her place in heaven if they used birth control.

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I wonder many of the same things. As far as five years from now, if Jessa has her way, we'll know what they're up to. She didn't miss a beat in upping her social media presence after the cancelation was announced.

I'm guessing Preacher Ben will need a real job in addition to his preaching, unless Jessa can up her SM game to the level of Carlin and Josie Bates. 

I think they'll continue to have more children because I believe Jessa would worry about her place in heaven if they used birth control.

I think Jessa will also continue to have kids because it  is one way to keep the income flowing from YouTube and her other gigs.  She saw her parents have kid after kid and use it to gain attention and eventually a TV show; its the only way she has to draw attention.

• Love 13
23 hours ago, christine falls said:

Fern isn't the worst name in the world. Especially compared to her oldest brother. 

The only Fern I knew in real life was someone who self-described as a "Jewish lesbian witch", so that's what I think of when I hear Fern. 

Starting with Felicity, there has now been 10 baby girls in a row, all born within 3 years. Before that it was 6 boys in a row. And Anna is having a girl. Didn't Anna once make a comment about being special for having the only girls in the family. Guess karma showed her! 

Perhaps she could have gone with the middle name:  FernWOOD (wasn't that Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman city?)  I could be wrong 

• LOL 5
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

And Carlin and josie’s husbands have real jobs. Although I’m not sure what Evan’s is - I think he works at a church? 

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

And Carlin and josie’s husbands have real jobs. Although I’m not sure what Evan’s is - I think he works at a church? 

Evan is working on his electrician certification (or whatever it’s called). 

• Useful 2

Jessa’s birth videos both trended on YouTube. The last time I looked, Part 2 was the fifth most popular video with 1M views. That kind of view count makes her a successful content creator with far higher numbers than any Bates girl has achieved. In other words, there is plenty of interest in Jessa and baby #4’s gender and name. Jesse will end up making more money independently on YouTube and Instagram than she ever did on TLC where we assume her daddy was doling out stipends. 
Also, I like the name Fern. It’s trendy, but not too trendy, and it’s cute. I wish Jessa was done now that she has two boys and two girls, but we all know that’s unlikely. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 10
15 minutes ago, Fallacy said:

Jessa’s birth videos both trended on YouTube. The last time I looked, Part 2 was the fifth most popular video with 1M views. That kind of view count makes her a successful content creator with far higher numbers than any Bates girl has achieved. In other words, there is plenty of interest in Jessa and baby #4’s gender and name. Jesse will end up making more money independently on YouTube and Instagram than she ever did on TLC where we assume her daddy was doling out stipends. 
Also, I like the name Fern. It’s trendy, but not too trendy, and it’s cute. I wish Jessa was done now that she has two boys and two girls, but we all know that’s unlikely. 

Wow.  I wonder how Ben feels about Jessa being the breadwinner in the family?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
33 minutes ago, skatelady said:

I guess I'm the only one who, when I heard "Fern", thought of the Fern from Animal House. Not sure if that's commentary on my peculiar sense of humor, or my age.....

Actually, I think it is Fawn. 

• Love 4
20 hours ago, zenme said:

I always tried to imagine my kids” names on a diploma or how it sounds when at graduation or with a title. Like, Dr. Fern Adalynn Sewald. Judge Fern Adalynn Sewald. Sadly, with the low Duggar expectations, those may never come to be. 😞

That's definitely not anything a Duggar would do.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I did watch the video and noticed that they don't use a base for the baby car seat. I did some checking it out online and you don't have to use the base part. (I didn't know that). But it seems dangerous to me.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Fern is a pretty baby.  And because I don't think babies resemble anyone but other babies, she looks like herself.  Incidentally, Jessa looks good, bright eyed, good color and rested

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

Actually, I think it is Fawn. 

Fawn Liebowitz.  The girl who died in the kiln explosion.  

I have no idea how Jessa or anyone else gets paid on YouTube.  I didn't watch her.  I wish those two would not breed any more, but it's probably a given that they will.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
35 minutes ago, Suzn said:

Fern is a pretty baby.  And because I don't think babies resemble anyone but other babies, she looks like herself.  Incidentally, Jessa looks good, bright eyed, good color and rested

Jessa had life in her voice, it was refreshing. Meanwhile Bin was 100% checked out from Her and forced the few words he did say. You could instantly see the difference when he was talking to his kids.

17 minutes ago, NotthebadVictoria said:

Jessa had life in her voice, it was refreshing. Meanwhile Bin was 100% checked out from Her and forced the few words he did say. You could instantly see the difference when he was talking to his kids.

I noticed that too. When Jessa was recording from her hospital bed, I didn't even realize Bin was in the room until she panned over to him at the end. I also noticed he didn't say one word to her until they were bringing Fern into the house. He doesn't seem too thrilled about the baby. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
On 7/20/2021 at 8:40 PM, Heathen said:

Please don't ever let any Duggar name a kid Fleur. I can see them rhyming it with sewer. It's probably a moot point anyway -- if they had any inkling that Fleur is the name of a Harry Potter character, they'd nix it faster than you can say "veela." 

Fleur Delacour would be just about the worst Harry Potter character for them too. Not only was she fine with using her beauty to distract men (Nike!) but she was the best student in her school and competed against boys in physical/magical events. Plus she had enough strength of conviction to risk her neck fighting in a magical war… she didn’t leave that to the menfolk either. 

Of course she did get married barely out of her teens to an older man who was one of many sometimes-interchangeable brothers, so the Duggars might be okay with that part.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, awaken said:

Well, someone’s name here might be spurgeon, so better not insult them!

My name’s not Spurgeon, but I do share a name with a Duggar-adjacent. When people write hate-posts about her, I often do a double take. “Why do these internet strangers hate me so much? I didn’t do that to a child… oh wait.”

For my entertainment, I would prefer Jessa find some out-there names. Terrible horrible no good very bad names. It’s not as if Spurgeon et al will ever deal with being mocked by mainstream classmates… they won’t have any. Bring on the twins, Azalea and Zinnia! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9