Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

😄I think it was Ben who said that Fern resembles Henry as a newborn. IMO, there’s absolutely no resemblance at all.  Henry was not a cute baby.  

I was thinking the same. Henry looked like an alien potato until he was a toddler. Fern doesn't look like him at all and is much cuter, especially for a fresh-out-the-vag newborn. Bin must see something we don't.

• Love 3

Jessa has had four children in a short time. It’s interesting that she seems to labor for such a long time. I would think that those babies would practically fly out at this point. 

• LOL 14
  • Love 2
40 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Eh, it’s . . . Another baby 🤷‍♀️

27A7AB49-AAAA-46DE-8E37-DACFF3394B64.jpeg

I admit that I kind of love it when one of those typical baby looks (like this bemused one) makes a Duggar baby look so not thrilled to be a Duggar baby.

"What did I do in a former life to deserve this?"

• LOL 15
  • Love 6

Jessa dared to laugh at the names her kids were picking out a few weeks ago and went with Fern.

If they have a kid in December it'll be Poinsettia, at this rate.

• LOL 13
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Omg Jessa is copying my parents. In real life I am Ivy and my sister is Fern.

I love it. We were trendsetters lol.

I haven't read through everyone else's comments yet to see if this has already been said, but I think Fern and Ivy are cute names... and I was worrying that we might have some Ferns here among us who might be hurt to learn so many hate their name!

• Love 18
(edited)
5 hours ago, Jeeves said:

So did Meech and Boob and Jana and the rest of the fam show up at the hospital?  Who was in the delivery room? I'm not giving them clicks to find out.

I wonder if that hospital even allows more than one visitor at a time in a patient's room. I know that during the pandemic the hospitals here were very strict about visitors, including limiting the numbers allowed in, and not allowing visitors to leave and then come back in on the same day. I think they've loosened up a little but I don't know if all restrictions are lifted yet.

I don't know.  However, there are now more new COVID-19 cases, per capita, in Arkansas than anywhere in the US. I should hope the hospital doesn't allow unnecessary people in.

Edited by louannems
  • Love 4
14 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Ok I'm going to step out of this thread. Joke after joke about naming kids "Ivy and Fern" which is exactly what my own parents did. It's offensive.

I’m sorry, and I apologized a page back. I probably wouldn’t have joked around at all, but you seemed to be having a little fun with the comments yourself, laughing that you were trendsetters. I was not in any way meaning to offend you! 

• Love 9
1 minute ago, MzTori77 said:

I’m sorry, and I apologized a page back. I probably wouldn’t have joked around at all, but you seemed to be having a little fun with the comments yourself, laughing that you were trendsetters. I was not in any way meaning to offend you! 

I thought it was funny and what not that I'm the older and named Ivy and my sister is younger and named Fern and that was many years ago. But then I come back and there's so many more comments making fun of the name and ... 

Both Ivy and Fern are mainstream names. 

• Love 7

I was browsing YouTube, and Part 1 of Jessa's birth video is just shy of 900k views and Part 2 is nearing 500k.

I wonder if she'll eventually join Patreon? Even if a fraction of Jessa's following paid $5/mo. each, she could make bank. There's obviously still some level of interest in the circus. You'd think one of the Duggar kids would get a clue and get on their hustle.

• Useful 5

Am I dreaming or did Jessa say that the name was going to be a "pilgrim" name? How is Fern a pilgrim name? I can't wait for the rest of the garden to be born...Rose, Lily, Daisy..etc. Holly is a nice name; sadly they didn't pick that one. Ivy and Holly would have sounded so nice...like Holly Rose Seewald. 

• Love 4
(edited)
7 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Am I dreaming or did Jessa say that the name was going to be a "pilgrim" name?

I believe she said Ben had suggested a name that sounded “like a pilgrim name”, in the first video. She shot it down.

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
Just now, ginger90 said:

I believe she sad Ben had suggested a name that sounded “like a pilgrim name”, in the first video. She shot it down.

Actually it was the other way around.  Jessa said she liked some names for her boys that Ben considered “pilgrim.”

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Albanyguy said:

Fleur always reminds me of Fleur Forsyte in "The Forsyte Saga". Not a girl the Duggars would consider a good role model.

I was thinking the same thing. I've never encountered a Fleur in the wild. 

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Am I dreaming or did Jessa say that the name was going to be a "pilgrim" name? How is Fern a pilgrim name? I can't wait for the rest of the garden to be born...Rose, Lily, Daisy..etc. Holly is a nice name; sadly they didn't pick that one. Ivy and Holly would have sounded so nice...like Holly Rose Seewald. 

I don’t think she knows the difference between pilgrim and Puritan.

• Love 16

Fern is not a popular name, but Fern fits in with the popular names.  There are many trends, but two big trends are old-fashioned names and nature names. Evelyn is top ten right now. Ivy is rising in popularity and is currently #58 in popularity in the US. Josie Bates Balka's girls  Willow and Hazel have nature names and  those names are very popular. 

Part of what makes old names comeback is that they fall out of popularity and then young people don't know anyone with that name and it seems fresher to them. Or they decide they want to name after grandma and she's been gone a while and they aren't as many people with that name around.

I really like Fern. I like Charlotte's Web. I think it's a lovely name, and I don't think it sounds unusual next to Ivy and Willow, which are popular names. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
(edited)

I don't mind Fern, but I like more old fashioned names anyway.  I know Fern Ellliana doesn't seem to flow well, but personally I think it flows better than Evangeline Jo.  
Ben and Jessa, you have two girls and two boys.  I hope one of the reasons Jessa had a hospital birth was so she could get a tubal ligation.  Yeah, I know she didn't, but I can dream, can't I?  

Edited by Lisa418722
  • LOL 3
  • Love 17
3 minutes ago, Lisa418722 said:

I don't mind Fern, but I like more old fashioned names anyway.  I know Fern Ellliana doesn't seem to flow well, but personally I think it flows better than Evangeline Jo.  
Ben and Jessa, you have two girls and two boys.  I hope one of the reasons Jessa had a hospital birth was so she could get a tubal ligation.  Yeah, I know she didn't, but I can dream, can't I?  

Yes, Fern Elliana just does not go well at all! They’re on 2 different planets. 

• Love 8
(edited)
33 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

Hey Jessa here is the perfect name for your next son Seaweed Seawald rolls perfectly off the tongue. 

There was a rather well known (for the time) Puritan named Samuel Sewall. Sewall Seewald is a nice tongue twister! 

(Samuel Sewall was involved in the Massachusetts witch trials, later apologizing for his role. He was also a bit liberal for the other Puritans. Perhaps not the best choice for Jessa and Ben).

Edited by MargeGunderson
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
(edited)
24 minutes ago, zenme said:

Yes, Fern Elliana just does not go well at all! They’re on 2 different planets. 

That's most of the problem I have with it.  It just doesn't fit together.  It don't think Fern has a pretty sound, but with another middle name it would be improved.  Many years ago, I had a friend named Ada Fern.  It seemed old even then.

It's funny to me that some Duggar names are familiar to me through my genealogical research.  I have a 3rd great-grandfather Israel for instance and another Gideon.  For their future consideration: Mehitable, Dedemiah. Sewall (as mentioned above) and Abel.

Edited by Suzn
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, Suzn said:

It don't think Fern has a pretty sound, but with another middle name it would be improved. 

Even just switching the names to Elliana Fern has a better flow than Fern Elliana.

• Love 15
57 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

Hey Jessa here is the perfect name for your next son Seaweed Seawald rolls perfectly off the tongue. 

Plankton Bonhoeffer Seewald

Kelp Praise Seewald

Unagi Roll Seewald

• LOL 9
(edited)
4 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Plankton Bonhoeffer Seewald

Kelp Praise Seewald

Unagi Roll Seewald

I like Plankton Bonhoeffer more than I should admit. 😄 Great name for a hipster Christian band! 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 10
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, lascuba said:

I think she looks a lot like Ben's mom, as did Henry as an infant, though, weirdly, I don't see a direct resemblance between Fern and Henry. 

I thought the same thing. Fern resembles Guinn. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Zella said:

I like Plankton Bonhoeffer more than I should admit. 😄 Great name for a hipster Christian band! 

Crabgrass, Hemlock, Mold, Kudzu, Shamrock, Clover, Redwood, Mustard Seed, Wheat, Oats, Milkweed, Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, limitless plant names.

Maybe they’ll go the route of the Phoenix family - River, Leaf, etc.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

I had a great Aunt Fern…. Born in the 1890s. 

I had a great-aunt Fernetta (seriously), probably born in the 1910s. She was married to one of my great-grandfather's younger twin brothers. 

Please don't ever let any Duggar name a kid Fleur. I can see them rhyming it with sewer. It's probably a moot point anyway -- if they had any inkling that Fleur is the name of a Harry Potter character, they'd nix it faster than you can say "veela." 

Edited by Heathen
  • LOL 8
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, Bayarea4 said:

I just watched the video and noticed a large, gray peanut-shaped object on the counter next to Jessa's bed. Does anyone know what that is?

It’s a peanut ball, it can be used while in labor.

• Useful 9
8 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Wow, he's just completely useless isn't he? I could give Bin a pass on the squeamishness if he was killing it in other areas of responsibility, but aside from impregnating Jessa, what does he do?

He does nightly bible time. He’s a busy man!  😁

3 hours ago, zenme said:

ETA: Hey, at least your name’s not SPURGEON.

Well, someone’s name here might be spurgeon, so better not insult them!

• LOL 6
  • Love 4