Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

On 7/15/2021 at 10:16 AM, NotthebadVictoria said:

It’s a southern thing. Bubba, Bubby, sis, sissy and sister are super common and we don’t look twice when we hear it with or without the siblings. 

when she starts calling her “little mama” then I’d be worried about the sister mom role.

I am a Northerner and "sissy" is not a term we use.  However, I've noticed that on OutDaughtered, the quints call their older sister Blake, "Sissy" and Angela from 90 Day Fiance does the same with her best friend, who is more like a sister.  I find it rather endearing.  

• Love 4
(edited)

My guess is Jill and Jessa aren't going to the same Chick-Fil-A. There is one just south of U of A's campus that would be really close for Jessa but not for Jill. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 9

both of the boys are wearing shorts that appear to be hacked off pants. No judgement there since I have grands their age and holes in knees of pants the norm. I just laughed because the cuts are so weirdly angled like they were cut while the boys were wearing them or something

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4
58 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

So did she have the kids sit down and eat at the fort and then stand up and walk away from the tree and keep eating so she can take better photos?

Of course .

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

I remember posting about this a long time ago in the Voice forum when people were questioning Blake calling the females on his team Sis.

My grandpa, who was from the Missouri Ozarks, called all of the girls Sis and all of the boys Butch.  Not sure if he called my grandma that, but definitely my mom and the grandkids (he sadly passed before there were any greats).

Of course, it's also become a standard endearment among drag queens, but I doubt Jessa is aware of that.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Sile said:

I remember posting about this a long time ago in the Voice forum when people were questioning Blake calling the females on his team Sis.

My grandpa, who was from the Missouri Ozarks, called all of the girls Sis and all of the boys Butch.  Not sure if he called my grandma that, but definitely my mom and the grandkids (he sadly passed before there were any greats).

Of course, it's also become a standard endearment among drag queens, but I doubt Jessa is aware of that.

My family's never called me that, but here in the Arkansas Ozarks, I have several people who know me through my brother who call me Sis. Not sure if it's because they don't want to be bothered with remembering my name or if they just strongly associate me with the concept of a sister since I'm their friend's sister. LOL I find it as endearing as it is perplexing. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 9
(edited)
21 hours ago, crazy8s said:

both of the boys are wearing shorts that appear to be hacked off pants. No judgement there since I have grands their age and holes in knees of pants the norm. I just laughed because the cuts are so weirdly angled like they were cut while the boys were wearing them or something

They probably cut off each other's....too bad they didn't cut each other's hair at the same time.

Those pears are so under-ripe, they're all wincing. Under-ripe and squirrel-poopy.

Edited by drafan
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

All of the kids desperately need a comb. Curly hair needs to be combed often to avoid knots. They look like they see a comb once a week if that.

As a lifelong curly haired woman, I full-bodied cringed at this, lol.  Combing/brushing dry hair result in frizz and breakage. Hair should only be detangled when washed and loaded with conditioner. 

• Love 24
4 minutes ago, lascuba said:

As a lifelong curly haired woman, I full-bodied cringed at this, lol.  Combing/brushing dry hair result in frizz and breakage. Hair should only be detangled when washed and loaded with conditioner. 

I'm going to guess you have true curls. I consider the Seewald kids' hair, wavy. They could easily drag a comb through it and it would likely lay almost flat.

With that said, yes, curly hair does not like brushes and fine-toothed combs.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, drafan said:

They probably cut off each other's....too bad they didn't cut each other's hair at the same time.

Those pears are so under-ripe, they're all wincing. Under-ripe and squirrel-poopy.

Maybe when Jessa will be birthing they can give each other hair cuts

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, drafan said:

I hope they don't get diarrhea.  Did they even wash the pears before eating?  Yuck.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Spurgeon's hair looks filthy.

Jessa did do a vid/pic after they had a bath and his hair was combed slick straight.  So yeah, they can and do comb it, but I am sure they tousle it up so it dries into ringlets  Maybe they use the pink baby lotion a la MEShelle

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
23 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Ben is well groomed I don’t get why his kids look like orphans.

"Wimmen's work" to clean the kids. Or he's given up on having any control at all in his household. 

• Love 13

I really couldn’t believe my eyeballs when Bin flopped on the floor and whined for someone to help him as he was demonstrating a lame man to the kids, then the leper and the deaf person.

It was extra awkward when Bin told the kids to put their fingers in their ears then he says “can you hear me?” and Spurgeon says “No” so obviously Spurge could hear him since he answered Bin, if he couldn’t hear him he would have just sat there and said nothing.

that whole video was creepy, Henry belting out songs about such serious subjects and Ivy yelling “Praise the lord!!!” Meanwhile Spurgeon sat there looking like a hostage that just wants to escape… go play and have fun.

• Love 5
(edited)
14 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Ben is well groomed I don’t get why his kids look like orphans.

I'm sure the DUGGAR WAY is the model for all things.

While the Seewald way ain't nothin. Just like all the other ways in the world, when you're a diehard Duggar like Jessa. They ARE God's chosen best, you know. And practically the only such, of course. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

Spurgeon's hair looks filthy.

Jessa did do a vid/pic after they had a bath and his hair was combed slick straight.  So yeah, they can and do comb it, but I am sure they tousle it up so it dries into ringlets  Maybe they use the pink baby lotion a la MEShelle

Lots if curly hair looks straight when wet and combed. I have spiral curls and it will look straight for like 2 minutes after detangling. And there's nothing short of a curling iron or perms that will make true straight hair curl. Tousling it won't do it. And lazy as Jessa is, I don't see her doing even that much to the kids' hair.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Ben’s sister is at Jessa’s, feeding the kids pizza. This seems to imply that a new baby is about to drop. About time for her to be in labor.

Yeah, if Ben's relatives are in town, it's go time. 

• Love 12
1 minute ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Could turn into a superspreader event as I doubt any of them are vaccinated, and Arkansas’ Covid numbers have been rising. Bin’s mom appears to believe some batshit crazy anti vax theories on her fb page.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I hope they showed up with a check for the hospital. That’s the only way they actually go at this point.

• Useful 2
3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I just watched the IG story, I believe Michelle is filming and that's Ben's mom with Spurge.

Okay, that makes sense, especially if Benessa are actually off at the hospital. Someone has to watch the kids. And I would bet dollars to donuts that Meech is with Jessa. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
(edited)
9 hours ago, awaken said:

Bin’s mom wears tight skinny jeans?!

Jeggings, probably? I mean, they're godly when you wear them with a very long shirt or, even better, a dress....

And Vision Forum -- by contrast to Gothard -- was all about more "with it" dressing, so you could semi-blend in with society by stealth and take things over from within using your extreme superiority. I think there's still a lot of that attitude in the Seewalds. Mike has always thought he's pretty hot, important, and intellectual stuff, I believe. (...sort of a Geoff Botkin lite) 

Just now, Churchhoney said:

]

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2